Phase 2 Event Recap *Spoilers on Phase 2*

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: XyleHarkyn.7029

XyleHarkyn.7029

This is a short summary of the events in Lion’s Arch and the event chain in Southsun Cove for those that missed:

The event did not start with a CS like most events. *

At the Lion’s Arch Plaza, Head Researcher Levvi and Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed begin to have a conversation about the Karka. Levi states that she developed an Alchemiclal weapon that can be used to defeat the Karka and she wants to test it. Mangus agrees and they begin to march to Port Mariner. The players should have followed them to the area.

Shortly after, a wave of Karka attacked and a meta event starts. Verteran Karka and young Karka spawned near Port Mariner. Veteran Karka could not be damaged unless your weapons were coated in the alchemical formula or you picked up a bundle that was a spray form of the weapon. After some doing, the Karka were defeated.

After which. Inspector Ellen Kiel appears with a newly captured Canach and Subdirector Noll. Levi forces Canach to tell the story of what the Consortium was doing and their role in all of this. He confesses that he has sent a Consortium team down to Southsun Shore in order to do some research on the Karka. This backfires and he loses contact with the team. Levi then states that this could have possibly agitated the Karka into attacking Lion’s Arch. Magnus, angry at Canach for putting the city at risk, states that the next course of action is to invade Southsun Cove in order to eradicate the threat. Noll protests, stating that the island is private property of the Consortium and the Lionguard have no business being there. He eventually recants and the Lionguard begin sending ships of soldiers to Southsun Cove.

There was a 15-20 minute wait until the next phase at this point. The event log changed and the player was directed to board a ship. A transport facilitator spawned on the Sanctum Harbor docks which teleported the player to Southsun Cove.

Upon arriving, you meet with Noll, Canach and Inspector Ellen Kiel. The first order of business is to establish forward camps, which Levi walks the army of players through waves of Karka in order to establish several outposts in the area. At the middle of this excursion, the Consortium wishes to break away from Kiel and the players, stating that they have other business. Keil retorts, stating that they will end up dead without us. The Consortium leaves anyway and splits from the team.

The player team moves deep into the area and eventually establishes a post named “Captain’s Retreat” they decide to hold there and wait for the Consortium Team to arrive. This is where the event is halted at the moment and presumably will conclude tomorrow.

Please correct anything that I may have been mistaken on, I’m pulling this purely from memory.

Edit: Names were wrong in some areas. Fixed.

Edit 2: More touchups, added section regarding the wait in-between phases.

(edited by XyleHarkyn.7029)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: vrganjkp.3849

vrganjkp.3849

all of this is bleh. i’ve spent 2 hours on this now without any bloody idea what was happening and what do i need to even do.

and yes, it seems to have been all there is to the “event”, if you can call it that.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BakBakaa.2453

BakBakaa.2453

OH! Now it makes allot more sense!

I was standing around a broken treb and then everyone left and went to the boat and started porting to the island… Completely missed the story and reason I was there. Thank you for this.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Commie.4768

Commie.4768

Where should we be for tomorrow. Lot of us crashed at driftglass springs, lost all progress and never got to get to end for this event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I missed… oh, probably 95% of this. So retelling the story is greatly appreciated.

I was on an overflow server with a trebuchet that took close to an hour to finish. Then we fought some karka with the new alchemical weapons, then ported to Southsun Cove. I missed the dialogue amongst any NPCs utterly.

Participated in part of the event to capture the beach, and the crowd moved off when I stayed behind to help someone that was downed. But we were both slaughtered by the karka. By the time I resurrected and got back to where the event was, it had moved off. I arrived at another waypoint just as the champion was defeated. Then… nothing. No new events that I could see.

So utterly confused as to what’s going on. And disappointed that even being present at the event didn’t help. I was apparently in the wrong part of Lion’s Arch to start, so missed all of the bits that would have this make some sort of sense.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Thanks for that, I too missed all the NPC conversations at Lion’s Arch. Still had a great time during the event though, exploring Southsun Shore, protecting workers while they built bridges and cleared roads, and setting up camps. I don’t really see how people could get lost, the tasks were pretty clear and all you had to do was follow the massive zergs.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

After which. Inspector Ellen Kiel appears with a newly captured Canach and Subdirector Noll. Levi forces Canach to tell the story of what the Consortium was doing and their role in all of this. He confesses that he has sent a Consortium team down to Southsun Shore in order to do some research on the Karka. This backfires and he loses contact with the team. Levi then states that this could have possibly agitated the Karka into attacking Lion’s Arch. Magnus, angry at Canach for putting the city at risk, states that the next course of action is to invade Southsun Cove in order to eradicate the threat. Noll protests, stating that the island is private property of the Consortium and the Lionguard have no business being there. He eventually recants and the Lionguard begin sending ships of soldiers to Southsun Cove

Would’ve been great if I’d have been able to actually see any of this happen, rather than just beating on an unkillable Ancient Karka for half an hour.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

I waited forever on the overflow for the trebuchet thing to finish, did the LA karka event, and ported to the new map. I’m level 15, and despite being scaled up to level 80, there was no way to hold my own until I caught up to the massive group of players. I still had a blast running around and trying my best to participate in the events. I missed some dialogue and so I didn’t know about the whole Consortium group thing. I followed Kiel and the army all the way to Camp Karka and finished up, with no clue on what to do next. I wandered around a little bit, got all the island explored except for 1 PoI, and then quit.

I had an absolute blast and cannot thank Anet enough for making this really cool event, bugs aside, all for free. I anxiously wait for tomorrow to see the conclusion of this epic event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I don’t really see how people could get lost, the tasks were pretty clear and all you had to do was follow the massive zergs.

Following the zergs is fine… if there’s a zerg. If you’re wandering on your own trying to find anything to do, the zerg is just me.

I wandered almost all over the island. The only thing I saw were (as mentioned) one or two gathering events that apparently had no followup. And tons of other players training monsters to me. Fun!

I never saw Inspector Kiel on the island, though the Lost Shores quest did have her listed as someone to protect. I guess I was just never close enough to her. So whatever events might be pretty clear to you were completely invisible to me. I wasn’t anywhere close to anything going on, just random wandering around (punctuated by a fair bit of death due to the aforementioned trains, thanks random players!).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I departed to Southshore as soon as it was available, and helped take the Island on the Overflow I was on. I had no idea there was more to do in LA, so thanks very much for this summary!

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Imrhien.2397

Imrhien.2397

Thanks for re-telling the story! Like others, I also missed out on any NPC chat and was confused because of it. Fought some karka, which didn’t last that long at all, and then nothing seemed to happen. Event wouldn’t update, and I didn’t receive the mail, untill I re-zoned. So thanks for providing the context I am sad it didn’t work that way for me and it brings back memories of a particular cutscene with just green smoke coming out of a certain fountain

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stark.1842

Stark.1842

Thanks for the summary. I had no idea what was going on. Story is cool, ANet just needs to do a better job at executing. I missed 75% of this.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Sat around, Karak attacked LA after 15 minutes. Sat around for like 30/45 minutes before the boat guy popped up. We arrived on an empty shore with Magnus and Cacha and nothing else. Missed all that completely it seems. So now we are just exploring around and have no idea what to really do in this phase. In times like these, I wish I had one of those quest logs. “Do this, turn in, continue with this” and so forth. Just to know where to start.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

This is a short summary of the events in Lion’s Arch and the event chain in Southsun Cove for those that missed:

The event did not start with a CS like most events. *

At the Lion’s Arch Plaza, Head Researcher Levvi and Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed begin to have a conversation about the Karka. Levi states that she developed an Alchemiclal weapon that can be used to defeat the Karka and she wants to test it. Mangus agrees and they begin to march to Port Mariner. The players should have followed them to the area.

Shortly after, a wave of Karka attacked and a meta event starts. Verteran Karka and young Karka spawned near Port Mariner. Veteran Karka could not be damaged unless your weapons were coated in the alchemical formula or you picked up a bundle that was a spray form of the weapon. After some doing, the Karka were defeated.

After which. Inspector Ellen Kiel appears with a newly captured Canach and Subdirector Noll. Levi forces Canach to tell the story of what the Consortium was doing and their role in all of this. He confesses that he has sent a Consortium team down to Southsun Shore in order to do some research on the Karka. This backfires and he loses contact with the team. Levi then states that this could have possibly agitated the Karka into attacking Lion’s Arch. Magnus, angry at Canach for putting the city at risk, states that the next course of action is to invade Southsun Cove in order to eradicate the threat. Noll protests, stating that the island is private property of the Consortium and the Lionguard have no business being there. He eventually recants and the Lionguard begin sending ships of soldiers to Southsun Cove.

There was a 15-20 minute wait until the next phase at this point. The event log changed and the player was directed to board a ship. A transport facilitator spawned on the Sanctum Harbor docks which teleported the player to Southsun Cove.

Upon arriving, you meet with Noll, Canach and Inspector Ellen Kiel. The first order of business is to establish forward camps, which Levi walks the army of players through waves of Karka in order to establish several outposts in the area. At the middle of this excursion, the Consortium wishes to break away from Kiel and the players, stating that they have other business. Keil retorts, stating that they will end up dead without us. The Consortium leaves anyway and splits from the team.

The player team moves deep into the area and eventually establishes a post named “Captain’s Retreat” they decide to hold there and wait for the Consortium Team to arrive. This is where the event is halted at the moment and presumably will conclude tomorrow.

Please correct anything that I may have been mistaken on, I’m pulling this purely from memory.

Edit: Names were wrong in some areas. Fixed.

Edit 2: More touchups, added section regarding the wait in-between phases.

Would you happen to have any screenshots or video of the conversation that happened at the very beginning? I’m trying to gather all of the conversations for the wiki but barely anyone recording was in the right places, and not all at the right time, or didn’t even notice it was going on so didn’t follow the NPCs.