So we committed genocide on the Karka

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Are we the new Elder Dragons?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

yes we’re actually the 6th Elder Dragon, we just awoken and about to trash the forum.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: francisling.2987

francisling.2987

Nawww, we converted Whiner minions.

Ok gg, I’m going to elect my new Champion Whiner!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

They just had the bad misfortune of building their colony on top of a very valuable resource (A big golden chest with precursors in it), much like the Na’vi in Avatar.

We’re lucky that there wasn’t some “heroic” human that switched sides to the underdog and showed the Karka how to be better at being Karka…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: francisling.2987

francisling.2987

They just had the bad misfortune of building their colony on top of a very valuable resource (A big golden chest with precursors in it), much like the Na’vi in Avatar.

We’re lucky that there wasn’t some “heroic” human that switched sides to the underdog and showed the Karka how to be better at being Karka…

I think you’re talking about my Ancient Whiner, he’s wayyy out of your league man, bring an army!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

What about humans committing genocide on Char before the first game?
As for Karka, they are animals, not capable of diplomacy, so we couldn’t negotiate with them. We had to take care of the threat, and without their leader (I assume the Ancient Karka was that), Lion Arch is safe, for now.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

I think the Ancient Karka is still alive inside that fossile!
He will come back to destroy us all! ç_ç

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

in The Lost Shores

What about humans committing genocide on Char before the first game?
As for Karka, they are animals, not capable of diplomacy, so we couldn’t negotiate with them. We had to take care of the threat, and without their leader (I assume the Ancient Karka was that), Lion Arch is safe, for now.

Charr committed genocide right back at them, and how did that work out?

As for the Karka, we sure taught them for their arrogance in thinking that island was theirs!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

If any new species came into the city with watery puppy eyes and gave everyone a hug. instead of invading and destroying anything in their wake. There wouldn’t have been such a drastic genocide. Although if that did happen, there would be some who would try to eat them or experiment on them. And then we would have been the aggressors. Since they have animal instincts and have no viable way to communicate their anger, they would then have reason to destroy us. So it would be inevitable.

in The Lost Shores

Cyrus.8261

What makes you think “the Consortium” didn’t provoke the Karka into attacking LA?

The Consortium were obviously already established in Southsun Cove and probably thought it would be cheaper to get the Lionguard to come to the island and put down those profit-draining Karka than hiring mercs themselves.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

During your playthrough of the game you committed genocide against many races/species, and are effectively an ecological terrorist by depleting many areas of their resources and by helping several organizations build massive industrial setups.

We’re all genocidal, homicidal, ecological terrorists and the dragons are here to save Tyria from us.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

What makes you think “the Consortium” didn’t provoke the Karka into attacking LA?

The Consortium were obviously already established in Southsun Cove and probably thought it would be cheaper to get the Lionguard to come to the island and put down those profit-draining Karka than hiring mercs themselves.

So what you’re saying is it was all just a conspiracy by the Consortium to clear the way to the megachest.

in The Lost Shores

Cyrus.8261

Yup.

It gets worse: The consortium has been looting all the corpses that we didn’t get to loot because we did less than x% damage to each Karka. They’re stuffing the karka shells into “Consortium Chests” and selling them for a crapload of gems, promising they might contain something much more valuable.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Swagart.6315

Swagart.6315

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

We kill everything. Elder dragons? Pah… we’ll kill each and everyone of them.

With no elder dragons left we will war amongst ourselves and the Quaggan will inherit Tyria.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

During your playthrough of the game you committed genocide against many races/species, and are effectively an ecological terrorist by depleting many areas of their resources and by helping several organizations build massive industrial setups.

We’re all genocidal, homicidal, ecological terrorists and the dragons are here to save Tyria from us.

The last sentence would be an amazing twist in the lore. I would like to see that in game.

in The Lost Shores

The last sentence would be an amazing twist in the lore. I would like to see that in game.

As long as the Elder Dragons do not give us a choice of 3 different coloured lights.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ClanTzimisce.1269

ClanTzimisce.1269

Wouldn’t be the first hard-shelled creature that the Tyrians brought genocide on. If anyone remembers those mesmer casting gargoyles outside old ascalon, they’ll notice gargoyles are extinct now. They’ve been wiped out, so now the Karka can join them in crustacean heaven. lol

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

aren’t the karka still present on the island? I mean it’d be amazing if this event actually did get rid of them and for once an event had real impact on the world.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: moinotv.1425

moinotv.1425

thats so much like….real life? by the only difference that no1 is going to stop us from destroy earth.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dark Sol.6497

Dark Sol.6497

To be fair,we’ve done worse to the Grawl.

Heck, several of those objectives include removing all traces of their culture by destroying not only Grawl, but their effigies, and erasing their cave paintings as well.