Spoiler request: What happens at the end?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

So the way things are going even if I can stay in-game (which I can’t) and avoid lag long enough to participate (which I also can’t) I’m going to have to stop playing long before the event ends because it’s Sunday night and (like many people I assume) I have to get up and go to work tomorrow.

If it was any other DE chain I’d just leave it and come back later, but of course I can’t.

So I’m wondeirng what I’m going to miss. Would it be worth staying up to see the end of the event? And is there any reward (other than the event reward which won’t even cover the cost of armor repairs), for example a chest from defeating the giant Karka?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

Would love to know the same, people have to work tomorrow. I don’t want to miss sleep for a blue item or miss a one time item. Please, for the working people.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thorskin.4218

Thorskin.4218

Oh ! Probably a crash of the servers or something like this !
I don’t care…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Waspark.9846

Waspark.9846

What happens is that Anet sucks!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

From what I’ve heard, its just a standard DE reward.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Stop complaining. The event isnt mandatory if you dont like it and dont want to do it then just dont. Yes the event was frustrating at times but overall its enjoyable and it kept me entertained for a long time!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Oreos.2814

Oreos.2814

You pay 3 gold for repairs bills.

The End.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: NeedsFoodBadly.2671

NeedsFoodBadly.2671

You pay 3 gold for repairs bills.

The End.

Lawl…

but true. O_O

Remember: Don’t Shoot Food!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Drosser.2317

Drosser.2317

I want to know what happens as well. I quit after I found out we had to defeat the Ancient Karka’s reinforcements for the second time. This was just one big disappointment.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bobbi.6801

Bobbi.6801

A crab dies and you get 1 silver. I promise you.

I dunno i did a alt f4 after 1 hour 30 minutes of autohitting. I just can’t see it becoming epic

AMD FX-8350 @5Ghz |Radeon HD 7970GHZedition|16gb 1600mhz DDR3 ram|OCZ agility 3 120gb|Gigabyte UD3

in The Lost Shores

Danikat.8537

Stop complaining. The event isnt mandatory if you dont like it and dont want to do it then just dont. Yes the event was frustrating at times but overall its enjoyable and it kept me entertained for a long time!

The thing is whilst it’s not mandatory the impressive Anet have given is that it’s something you really want to be a part of and would regret missing if you could have been there.

So far the event itself is playing out much the same as as normal one would so I’m wondering if there is something after that – either a special reward or a cut scene or something which makes it worth staying awake for and suffering at work tomorrow.

Edit: According to some people in my guild you do get some special items for deafeating the ancient karka. So far they’ve found a 20 slot bag and an accessory with tons of stats.

(edited by Danikat.8537)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Black Regent.5897

Black Regent.5897

Just ALT-F4’ed myself so I’d like to know too, just for kicks. After 2 hours of zerg killing and huge repair bills followed by completely game-destroying lag that made it impossible to continue, I just don’t have the patience and my kitten is starting to hurt from sitting here hammering on 1 for so long.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Apparently you get an account bound 20s bag and an exotic.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Apparently you get an account bound 20s bag and an exotic.

Did you receive that?

in The Lost Shores

Black Regent.5897

It looks like there’s a chest. I just got dumped into an Overflow that finished it and I see it on my map in the cave that started the event where you lay the explosives.

in The Lost Shores

Danikat.8537

At the moment I’m probably not going to find out because I keep disconnecting and then being dumped into overflows where the event isn’t happening.

in The Lost Shores

Black Regent.5897

And I can’t open it because I did NOTHING on that overflow map. So over 2 hours in the event and killing the endless zergs, I get NOTHING except a steep repair bill.

Wow…. In all the years I’ve played MMOs I have never actually understood people who got so pissed off at a game or game company that they just felt like they didn’t want to even play anymore… until just now.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lolana.9413

Lolana.9413

Wow! So worth it! I got 3 exotics and 2 yellows. People in map chat were linking precursors! Awesome event!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Ok, the charges explode and the ancient karka falls into a deep lava sea. There spawns a chest with some pretty epic loot, some rare’s and exotics.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FalconDance.1637

FalconDance.1637

Massively huge chest with NICE loot in the end.

Yes, I finished the event; apparently our server was the first to do so. The loot was superb – but it took nigh on two hours and a substantial repair bill.

We had a great group, though, and I really enjoyed the crowd. The karka, not so much.

BirchFlower [RBW] – Sylvari ranger, Isle of Janthir
Lili BirchFlower, Adjutant, Royal Black Watch
http://www.royalblackwatch.net/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: xPonzo.5476

xPonzo.5476

Right, you finish of the ancient karka.. he falls in lava, you get this big chest..

BUT, you need to be atleast level 60+ to use any of the items… nothing for level 20-40… kitten tbh,

COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

Human – Elementalist

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ayoe.2136

Ayoe.2136

I got kicked from server, and cant log in now..So no reward for me..Typically me

I hate you Anet!!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

Massive chest….

I got 3 exotics, 2 rares, and a 20 slot bag. Someone in our group got Dusk.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lolana.9413

Lolana.9413

Right, you finish of the ancient karka.. he falls in lava, you get this big chest..

BUT, you need to be atleast level 60+ to use any of the items… nothing for level 20-40… kitten tbh,

COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

How is it a complete waste of time if you got items you can probably sell for a good amount and then buy the armors/weapons for your level.

Complaints from everyone is such a Debby Downer. If you don’t like the game, don’t play it and quit clogging up the forums with a bunch of whines. Its not productive.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ewon.5903

Ewon.5903

wait, so not only did I not get to see the end, I missed out on the giant chest with exotics….

Thanks for the DC right at the end… fml

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bella.3502

Bella.3502

There’s a chest at the end which rewards you with some exotics, rares and a 20 slot account bound bag.

I got The Colossus and another guy linked Zap in map chat.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Theres a big chest you get like 3 exotics and 2 rares

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Yeah, but be quick, the chest disappears really fast (~3 minutes)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: foozlesprite.8051

foozlesprite.8051

I died completely three times, probably less than 10s in repairs. There was lag and tedium, but for my troubles I got three exotics including a 20 slot box that would have cost me 10g+ on the market, three rares that salvaged down into several ectos and ancient woods, and 18 orichalcum.

As ridiculously long as it was, I might actually do it again for that reward.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Findles.4192

Findles.4192

the rewards were worth it, but still the tuning wasnt right on this event. stuff had too much hp. if everything was scaled nicely to finish in 1-1.5 hours i probably would have loved it.

in The Lost Shores

Danikat.8537

Ok I cheated somewhat and got someone in my guild to move me to an overflow where there was actually a chance of the event ending.

On my level 40 ranger I got:
Exotic gloves I might be able to use when I’m level 62.
A level 62 hammer
2 pieces of level 40 heavy armor I can’t use at all (none of my characters use heavy armor)
A 20 slot bag
An ancient karka shell accessory – +25 to all stats except crit damage and magic find which are +3%

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Serim.2417

Serim.2417

Chest, most people got exotics / rares when I did it, I’ve heard unlucky stories of little rewards though