Starting Point for Phase 3?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nurien.4136

Nurien.4136

Does phase 3 of the event start in Lion’s Arch, like the other two phases, or does it start at Captain’s Retreat on Southsun Cove where the phase 2 event chain ended?

Haven’t seen where this has been indicated yet.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bobby Fizz.5706

Bobby Fizz.5706

Don’t know yet, best just spend the next few hours crossing your fingers or praying to one of any gods that the whole thing isn’t bugged.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I need to know this too. The Lost Shores event page on the official website seems to suggest it’ll take place entirely in Southsun Cove, and yet the unofficial guide on the forum here says Lion’s Arch for the starting point.

Even if its going to be on Southsun Cove, that doesn’t really tell you where. There are 2 landing points and a half a dozen waypoints, could be anywhere.

I already missed the Part 2 Lion’s Arch event because I was a little late getting on and missed the Southsun Cove “building” events because I didn’t realize there was going to be anything like that and tried to finish the Investigation quests before heading to Southsun, I’ll be darned if I’m going to miss Part 3 just because I don’t know where its happening.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: xExitium.5198

xExitium.5198

According to wiki, it start at Camp Karka Waypoint to continue the meta event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Phase 3 is to fight the Ancient Karka on Southsun Cove….(assumption).

Reasons:

1) They’ve been building Asura lazer cannons and trebuchets facing the webbed cavern entrance.

2) There’s a giant blocked-off cave that they have to open (what better way than the event?).

3) It’s a finish of the story of chasing after the Ancient Karka.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Phase 3

See also: The Lost Shores/Phase 3
Join in on the epic multi-hour one-time event, battle the Ancient Karka in Southsun Cove.

Like the above poster said we will most likely be raiding the underground because equipment is setup to blast it open

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Phase 3 is to fight the Ancient Karka on Southsun Cove….(assumption).

Reasons:

1) They’ve been building Asura lazer cannons and trebuchets facing the webbed cavern entrance.

2) There’s a giant blocked-off cave that they have to open (what better way than the event?).

3) It’s a finish of the story of chasing after the Ancient Karka.

Just to back you on this :

4) There is a huge breakable floor inside the webbed cave aka “Karka Hive” which seems that Ancient Karka will come from :)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Uridium.2690

Uridium.2690

2. Three one-time events (one-time).
- There will be 3 seperate one-time events.
- You can do the second or third event without doing the first or second.
- You will be scaled to level 80 for these three events (like for the Mad King events).
- All three events start in the Lion’s Court in Lion’s Arch, at the big yellow star.
- First event was Friday noon 11/16 (Finished. We had to kill crabs and deliver their meat to a collector).
- Second event was Saturday noon 11/17 (Finished, we had to kill some crabs in Lion’s Arch and then take the boat to the new map, Southsun Cove, to kill more crabs, while protecting the NPC).
- Third event is Sunday noon 11/18 (12:00 PST, 21:00 CET).
- The timing of the events were chosen because this were the times that there were the most people online together.

This part of the sticky above, suggests that it starts in Lions Arch.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

2. Three one-time events (one-time).
- There will be 3 seperate one-time events.
- You can do the second or third event without doing the first or second.
- You will be scaled to level 80 for these three events (like for the Mad King events).
- All three events start in the Lion’s Court in Lion’s Arch, at the big yellow star.
- First event was Friday noon 11/16 (Finished. We had to kill crabs and deliver their meat to a collector).
- Second event was Saturday noon 11/17 (Finished, we had to kill some crabs in Lion’s Arch and then take the boat to the new map, Southsun Cove, to kill more crabs, while protecting the NPC).
- Third event is Sunday noon 11/18 (12:00 PST, 21:00 CET).
- The timing of the events were chosen because this were the times that there were the most people online together.

This part of the sticky above, suggests that it starts in Lions Arch.

first off all this is unofficial. second: there is no big yellow star on the map (not on mine anyway)
third: nobody knows where it start really besides the creators. so just wait keep an eye on their twitter and ingame.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

It’d be nice if they actually told us where to go in-game instead of relying on twitter.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d like to know so I can be in position long enough in advance to queue into main. Which possibly means an hour ahead of time. While not crucial now that we have “join party in overflow” as an option, I’ve noted that the events tend to be less bugged or delayed on main so I’d rather be there if possible.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Was about to ask the same question, after the confusion yesterday it would indeed be nice to know where we are supposed to be for the start of Phase 3.

It would also be nice to know if this part will have drops/rewards (considering it’s ment to be a long phase).

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ifelldown.5426

ifelldown.5426

Color me unimpressed. I’m skipping part 3 based on how the other parts went. I like Anet because of GW1, and this game has a lot to offer, but I feel bad that I invited people this weekend because of how the event has gone. This has been less than good.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I would also very much like to know if we should be in Lion’s Arch or in Southsun Cove. And more specifically where, even if this mean massive lag as everyone gathers there. I had to relay the whole little scene that played out near the trebuchet in Lion’s Arch last night, because there were no indication of where to go, and a lot of players had missed out on it.

PS: Please don’t allow interaction with NPC’s for scenes like this in the future, ArenaNet—players kept talking to them (purposely to troll), interrupting the voiced dialogue.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ebontain.1465

Ebontain.1465

its actually very obvious. it starts at camp karka. Although npcs seem to now be stuck at keil, so they may of set us back some to do full event. REason its obvious, it was said when npcs were despawned that would lead us to center that that event is for tomorrow.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bob.8531

Bob.8531

first off all this is unofficial. second: there is no big yellow star on the map (not on mine anyway)

There is. I’m sure you can see it if you open the map (M). Not sure about the mini-map. It’s a star like the one for your personal story, but it’s yellow.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lori.6571

Lori.6571

Keeping the location of the event a secret will certainly help reduce the lag…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

There is a lot of big lasers point at that cavern between Scoured Plains and Seashell hills. It’s possible it may start there or go to that area. Camp Karka being the closest. That said, there is no quest stars in Southsun Cove at least on the overflow I am in.