Swamp Fractal: depends too much on luck and others

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lister.5678

Lister.5678

Now the fractals I have done I like, I enjoy the ideas, but the Swamp one is based so much on luck and dependence on other people not messing up it’s ridiculous.

To me it’s a good idea in theory but just terrible in practice. Full dependence on other people not messing up is why I stopped raiding in ‘WoW’ and switched to GWars after many, many years.

I don’t want to hear the usual babble of “It’s easy” or “get a guild group” or similar. Even with communication it’s a luck based situation that can take a long time. Getting sudden trip wire spawns that haven’t loaded, the Boss guy that appears every now and then, not to mention traps in water.

Anyone else have similar feelings about it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Marrgon.6852

Marrgon.6852

The swamp is easy, take a guild group in.

I really enjoy the swamp ANET, now people are getting the hang of it I find it rewarding

in The Lost Shores

Lister.5678

Didn’t even read my post. Classic forums.

in The Lost Shores

Marrgon.6852

Actually I did

in The Lost Shores

Lister.5678

That’s even worse that you did read it and posted what you did.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ecad.9085

ecad.9085

Just get a guild group bro.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Poor show Marrgon…

I actually agree Lister, me and my group gave up because we couldn’t make sense of it.
There is absolutely no indication as to the fact that they will reset and then when it happens there is no indication why. Is it because you only picked up one? Is it because someone tripped with one? Are they on a timer? It’s just plain nasty…

The trip wires get ridiculous because nobody expects them or see’s them. I consider myself pretty observant and I picked up on them quickly, but the rest of my group had to ask why they kept randomly being knocked down…

Mossman is not killable? He disappears every few seconds and follows your group around.. This was just a mess, not a good first impression of FotM for me..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

It really is a bad fractal. Far too much luck involved in the wall spawns, the trap spawns, and the various other random factors.

in The Lost Shores

Marrgon.6852

There is a timer in the top right corner.

You are not supposed to kill Mossman or the Drake.

The trips are annoying on purpose.

Enjoy the satisfaction when you get your head around it :P

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

Really? I find this to be the easiest of the fractals.

You don’t need to kill much if anything. The traps are easy to spot. And there’s a timer.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

So learn to get better at it? I agree at first glance it seems random and hard but people are already finding some good ideas.

in The Lost Shores

Marrgon.6852

On a separate note Lister I do apologize, my first posts were not helpful in any way.

Feeling pretty frustrated with the game this weekend due to the terrible execution by Anet which is not your fault.

I honestly do believe the swamp is excellent and hope that when more people learn to do it that it becomes more enjoyable for you.

in The Lost Shores

Lister.5678

You are like the ones responding to complaints about the Mad Tower. Tower QQ is not warranted apart from large characters getting in the way. The Swamp fractal is a warrant for complaints and completing it does not change my opinion about it, it’s time wasting, based on luck and total dependence on others not messing up.

I do not wish to do it ever again since it’s so temperamental

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Evalissa.5169

Evalissa.5169

took a PuG in last night and we got that one as our second. after a couple of attempts we realised we had to do it all in one go, a couple more and we realised some walls appeared and that traps where something that needed to be avoided, a few more attempts and we did it fine.
So far, the dredge one has been the hardest, having to get some people to stand on switches and others to keep moving.
its great, love having a bit of uniqueness to these

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kaaqeli.5108

Kaaqeli.5108

I pugged the swamp thing at difficulty level 5 and surprisingly we got it through with first try.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aeo.1453

Aeo.1453

this swamp one is WAY too hard because it IS, as the original poster of this thread, based on luck.

-Aeo

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I say increase the timer by a second or two…

It won’t take too much to make this fractal more bearable.

My group eventually made it, but it took a while.

Honestly, increasing the timer slightly shouldn’t be a HUGE deal. It’ll still require teamwork in grabbing each of the wisps.

And someone mentioned the dredge one… I think the main issue with that fractal that needs fixing is the lava pours. Slightly increasing the radius of the spill would make that boss battle drastically easier.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

We have a new issue then xD. There was no timer for me. I would have been delighted had there been a timer, then I would have known what was going on. No such luck

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

I have no issues with this though it is a bit difficult in some pugs… not sure why though.. and it certainly isn’t based on luck.. but yes you do have to depend on others, which is not a bad thing imo.

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

if traps were visible (some are just barely visible, most are not due to other stuff on the ground) and the path-changes wouldn’t always occur exactly when you want to go through somewhere, the swamp would be a really cool idea.

especially the spawning walls make absolutely no sense. why does a thicket grow suddenly? why only if you’re just about to pass through? if they would at least change the paths immediately after the first whisp was taken, but throwing walls into the face of the players is pretty senseless…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

How come it is based on luck?
There ain’t no random in that fractal, you just need to see the petterns.

EU Aurora Glade