Taking time off work?

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

Anyone else taking Friday off work for the kickoff? I have time to burn and no money for a vacation, so this is perfect. If you see me say hello.

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I might be taking a half day (event starts at 3PM where I live).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

If I were to take a day off, it would be Monday. No way I can stay up late and get up at 6 again… I’m still doubting if I’ll do it or not, though…

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I have a “dentist appointment” on Friday afternoon… >.>

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

I racked up enough hours in the week, so I can take Friday afternoon off.
Working all day Saturday
Home for Sunday finale.

2 out of 3 isn’t bad

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

Ah ha ha ha ha! No.

I have December off instead and work isn’t the only thing happening on Friday. I’m going out after work, then working late again, then out on Saturday, then working Saturday night, then home on Sunday. Glorious, glorious, lazy Sunday.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Eugenics.6953

Eugenics.6953

Waste a holiday for this, hmm… no.

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Koolthulu.9682

Koolthulu.9682

No, since I’ll be missing the Saturday and Sunday events anyway due to early Thanksgiving family gatherings.

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kuroin.1703

Kuroin.1703

Working on a model until friday evening/night I guess and then off to meet my parents so will miss the whole event I guess… FML, first world problems etc.

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

It’s on at 3PM EST. I am scheduled for work from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

I’m taking a half day.

Told my boss I had to be somewhere at 12 and he was like “okay”.

One of the benefits of being salary instead of hourly.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I thought about it since I have a lot of PTO to burn, but then I forgot lol. So I get to miss the Friday kickoff >.<

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sagansfire.2016

Sagansfire.2016

taking friday off, yes.

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

I’m working all day Friday, and on Sunday we’re having a memorial for my grandfather who just passed away. Sad to miss the grand finale, but sadder to miss my grandad who I was really close with

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Samuraiken.9581

Samuraiken.9581

I’m not taking time off of work for this. I still don’t understand why Arena Net would hold an event at 3PM PST (when, arguable, even people who are in that time zone are just getting off of work). I figure it’s probably because that’s when the largest population of players are on, but how many of those are frakking (yea, re-re-re-re-re-watching Battlestar Galactica, lol) children who just got out of school. What about the adults who are purchasing your gems on a regular basis? About the people who (for most of us) pay the cost of the game for these school children (assuming anyone in here plays with their children).

So nope, while I’ll take part in the event and I <3 the crap out of Arena Net, I will not be taking time off. I should be able to make the Saturday/Sunday events, but not the Friday one. Hell, even Blizzard wasn’t as numb in the brain to hold an event that early in the day.

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Steely Phil.3952

Steely Phil.3952

Of course, by all means, start your gear grinding early.

I’m not even going to play it. I’m going to log into LA and ‘/cry’ and that will be it.

“Yo dawg, we heard you liked grind.” -ANet

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I was going to dial in to work, but realized I need to do timesheet and status report stuff today. Instead, I’ll have to suffer with leaving at lunch.

Oh, the pain.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rhymelark.4396

Rhymelark.4396

Took Monday off since Sunday’s event starts late the night.

My sword is big enough to back my big mouth.
[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

Day Of Event Update

Not sorry about taking the day off for this. The event may be having technical difficulties but reading the forums with a bourbon in hand is making up for that. My job is to maintain critical data center up-time, so sitting back for once and not being the one on the firing line is a nice change of pace.

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kindeller.3072

Kindeller.3072

Hahaha i was expecting a lot of rage in this thread given the current state of affairs but i couldn’t agree more!

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MrChipper.1594

MrChipper.1594

Day Of Event Update

Not sorry about taking the day off for this. The event may be having technical difficulties but reading the forums with a bourbon in hand is making up for that. My job is to maintain critical data center up-time, so sitting back for once and not being the one on the firing line is a nice change of pace.

As a chap who is responsible for putting software into those data centres that are hopefully “enjoyed” by 1000s of people around the world I couldn’t agree more. Scalability issues are actually nice things to have as a company – it at least indicates that you’re doing things right and people are coming to the party!

How long they stay is up to the quality of the service!

(edited by MrChipper.1594)

Taking time off work?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Nope. I’ve learned that generally it’s a waste of time to burn vacation hours for these sorts of things. They’ll be there when I get off work.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server