Why is fractal progression not accountwide?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

As the title says, why is fractal progression not accountwide?

I need to grind from difficulty one on each toon. I imagined the difficulty level was just an indication of account experience within the fractals.

The game is turning more and more into WoW. It was a perfect game for altoholics up until the patch.

Since all items from there seem to be acount bound, why arent the progress also account bound. Or do you want people to get fed up with one toon after too much grinding or what? I enjoy switching toons, I’ve gotten to diff 3 with my 3 80s and I’m already starting to get bored since the unlimited content is infact 9 different dungeons only.

/end rant.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Fractal progression account wide would be so bad its not even funny. Its terrible that the levels do not reset as it is.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Why WOULD it be account-wide? That’s almost like asking why story progress isn’t account-wide. (“Almost”, because of the story variants.) In the end, treat it as you would any other dungeon. If it gets boring, stop doing it. And if you’re simply concerned about progression, then only worry about that progression on ONE character.

Plus, just because someone knows the fractals like the back of their hand and can get, say, their Guardian through it with no trouble, doesn’t mean they could jump in at that same difficulty with, say, their Necromancer, and not have a drop of trouble. (Some players CAN, yeah. But many probably can’t, if they are far more used to one class playstyle than another.)

As for the second poster’s complaint: It does not need to be reset, at all. You can always CHOOSE a lower level than the highest-common level for your team. They actually explained that. For instance:

If you had someone at 5, someone at 8, two people at 10, and a person at 11, then you could choose 1, 2, 3, 4, OR 5. You are not FORCED to pick 5. (Of course, you only progress a level by beating your current one, but that is in fact the ONLY reason to complete your current level: to reach higher ones and their rewards.)

I think it does well as it is. As with all other content in the entire game, it’s up to the player to decide how to approach it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Speaking as an Alt-a-holic, its a horrible approach and actively discourages playing alts because its all about staying in the game, meaning staying within a certain fractal level so getting group will not take you hours and hours of sitting around and hoping you actually can get one your level.

I originally liked the Fractal idea, however thinking more about what it means for GW2 in general, I think the fractal dungeon will be extremely, EXTREMELY bad for the game in the near future, and yes I cannot emphasis that word enough. Right now, people are not remotely thinking about the future ramifications of not being able to run fractal dungeons, level too low – level too high. Meaning, the average wait time to get a group together will slowly spiral out of control, people will get bored waiting and then get left behind on the loot treadmill.

Where as, people on the loot treadmill will start to develop a significant advantage in W3 over someone who isn’t in ascended gear. Essentially, what needs to happen is somehow, the level 1 fractal needs to be done solo if groups are not available and still increase the players fractal level, so that player can still remain viable when groups are available.

Otherwise, we’re going to start seeing Fractal Raid Guilds appearing, static groups running fractals and slowly but surely, you’ll see less and less pugs waiting to run the higher levels, which is obviously —-where the loot is. Basically, by adding this method to extend the game for the hardcore whiners, you screwed over perhaps half if not more of the casual/core players.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Faylinn.3159

Faylinn.3159

As the title says, why is fractal progression not accountwide?

I need to grind from difficulty one on each toon. I imagined the difficulty level was just an indication of account experience within the fractals.

The game is turning more and more into WoW. It was a perfect game for altoholics up until the patch.

Since all items from there seem to be acount bound, why arent the progress also account bound. Or do you want people to get fed up with one toon after too much grinding or what? I enjoy switching toons, I’ve gotten to diff 3 with my 3 80s and I’m already starting to get bored since the unlimited content is infact 9 different dungeons only.

/end rant.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Fractal progression account wide would be so bad its not even funny. Its terrible that the levels do not reset as it is.

Wait, you want it to reset so the people that dont feel like grinding several hours everyday will never have a shot at the level 10-11 an upwards ascendant items?

That sounds awfully alot like WoW’s weekly badge/honor cap… no make that daily cap. If you missed out on one day you couldnt reach the cap, so you were behind.

Thats not even close to the game design, unless they give us a shot at ascendant rings from lvl 1 and up, same shot in every difficulty and so on.

I thought ideas about ascendant gear/fractals couldnt get any worse.

They could also introduce fractal solo runs, for those working odd hours and have a hard time finding low difficulty groups.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

(edited by SneakyErvin.3056)