Will the one time event be repeated along the day?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Symbolik.1450

Symbolik.1450

I know it may sound dumb, but will the first event happen only once in the whole day, or will it repeat itself? I ask tis because I won’t be able to play at the time that the first event comes out.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Hello,

Martin has an awesome write up Here.

The first event in Lion’s Arch kicks off at 12pm pst but there is plenty of other cool things if you can’t make it.

If you are referring to the Finale event on Sunday at 12 pm PST that is a onetime only event and it does not repeat.

Hope you can make it,
Sarah

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Symbolik.1450

Symbolik.1450

Hello,

Martin has an awesome write up Here.

The first event in Lion’s Arch kicks off at 12pm pst but there is plenty of other cool things if you can’t make it.

If you are referring to the Finale event on Sunday at 12 pm PST that is a onetime only event and it does not repeat.

Hope you can make it,
Sarah

Will the first event continue throughout the first day? for example, If I miss the first few hours of the event, will it happen again later that day?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Renowneddragoon.4536

Renowneddragoon.4536

The event is a one time event if you miss it you miss it so be there at 12 noon PST it’s much like the mad king cut scene

wvw ranks -http://mos.millenium.org/matchups
FA -Select Few [sF]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mobile storage.1294

mobile storage.1294

If its just going to be a "epic"youtube cutscene on sunday then i do without but if theres any trinkets to be gained then its a shame for those who miss out to RLF committments

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

The event is a one time event if you miss it you miss it so be there at 12 noon PST it’s much like the mad king cut scene

If it is in fact like the Mad King cut scene, then it would replay all day just not as a cut scene.

in The Lost Shores

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

A portion of this is something that will never be seen again (outside of the power of the interwebs) but the event will repeat.

Edit: Pointing out that this refers only to this thread in regards to Fri at 12PM

(edited by SarahWitter.2317)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Thanks for clarifying, Sarah. I was afraid the event wouldn’t repeat. Woohoo!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cavalorn.3721

Cavalorn.3721

Is there any achievement related to this first event?
I think i will not be there… and I don’t like missing achievements…

in The Lost Shores

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Sorry all, I cannot (as I’m sure you can imagine) go into specifics. My responses have been in an aid to help scheduling and planning. I can’t be a spoiler on the content or details of things.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GiftoftheMagi.3470

GiftoftheMagi.3470

So….if you are not able to be online at a specific time on one day, there is no point of doing this event?

Thank you ArenaNet. Now I can safely plan my weekend without worrying about getting online. I have far too much to do, to waste time with a one-time event lasting only 3 days and requiring me to be here at EXACTLY the right moment.

And after the Halloween event, I am now recommending to other not to participate either. The selling point of this game was that I could play at my own pace, in my own time. FORCING players to jump to on events ruins that. Make this a 3-month event and maybe I’ll reconsider….but this? This is crap and you know it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shinky.1492

Shinky.1492

So….if you are not able to be online at a specific time on one day, there is no point of doing this event?

Thank you ArenaNet. Now I can safely plan my weekend without worrying about getting online. I have far too much to do, to waste time with a one-time event lasting only 3 days and requiring me to be here at EXACTLY the right moment.

And after the Halloween event, I am now recommending to other not to participate either. The selling point of this game was that I could play at my own pace, in my own time. FORCING players to jump to on events ruins that. Make this a 3-month event and maybe I’ll reconsider….but this? This is crap and you know it.

If time is so precious to you, i don’t think you should be playing games at all, life isn’t fair, people will always be left out,

if you think watching a one time cutscene of something poping out of something is so important to you(like the mad-king event) , i think you should get help also

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Basically, here’s a summary of how it works:

Nov 16:
- One-time kick off special event, probably a cinematic similar to Mad King Thorn’s first appearance in LA.
- Karka attack LA and players must fight them off. Probably a repeatable event that goes on throughout the day.

Nov 17:
- Second phase starts when players gain access to Southsun Cove.
- No one-time event.
- Southsun Cove will remain even after the weekend is over.

Nov 18:
- Third phase starts with a one-time only, multi-hour event, revolving around the Ancient Karka in Southsun Cove. This likely means that once the Ancient Karka is defeated, he will never show up again.
- Some sources have claimed that players will receive a special reward for attending this finale, but I don’t know if this is confirmed by ANet.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: riptidemage.6219

riptidemage.6219

Oh how naive we all were back then.. “it’ll just be a cutscene I’ll miss, nothing rare or anything”