if your going to complain..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kantochampionred.9456

kantochampionred.9456

go back to playing wow. do you guys realize that what anet is doing has never been done before? do you guys realize how much free content you got with this patch? stop acting so entitled, and stop complaining because you didnt get any good drops from the events. i had alot of fun with this event. the new dungeons is freaking sweet. the new zone is pretty cool. all this free stuff just months after release? cmon guys.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

Maybe you should read what the complaints are about, and revise what you have written.

I’ve never played wow, and my issues with this latest update are quite legitimate.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Owningtheair.8493

Owningtheair.8493

Nice complaint.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Why should we stop complaining about ANET lying to us ?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Frew content? I lol’d at this.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

stop complaining about people complaining

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

What are you talking about free content?
Dont you know that ppl constantly throw money at ANets face though the gem store. They are making probably more money than they would with subscription model (thats why they introduced this model in the first place).

So no, this content is not free, its payed for by the players.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Uproller.1849

Uproller.1849

If you’re going to complain about complainers and somehow feel empowered to ask them to bug off, at least know the difference between “your” and “you’re” in your thread title.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

stop acting so entitled

Bingo.

Post-update reaction has been ridiculous and difficult to read.

(@Looria: The gem store? That’s your given reason for this content not being free? There are so many logical failings here I… I have to take a break).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Before this thread gets locked, I’m going to critique it a bit.

Please remove the “go back to playing WoW”….that part needs to go. Also, see if you can change the title to “Demanding too much?” as it seems less complaining about complaining.

But you’re right about the Entitlement thing. That word gets tossed around a lot, but this is one situation where it definitely belongs. There’s too much entitlement. The whole thing of what they did with Precursers in the chest was so that it was a HUGE seed into the game’s world to decrease the price (something players were requesting).

Now, the prices of precursers did dive (by literally 100’s of gold in just a few minutes after the event ended on some servers). People are instead now demanding one step further and saying that though the prices dropped through seeding, they didn’t get one ‘for free’. This is where they want one handed to them.

A) Life is not fair, sometimes stuff happens.

B) Thanksgiving is coming up. Give thanks for what you have (especially seeing as how 3rd world countries have it far worse than a fake item in a digital world).

C) It’s just a game.

D) There will be more events in the future. Only two items won’t ever be seen again: the Karka 20-slot bag (yet normal 20-slots can be made or gotten from Fractals), and the Accessory item (a multi-stat item that is ‘okay’ for everything, but not good/great for specifics).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: jonk.8915

jonk.8915

@kanebrandyn, do you know how it feels to do a big one time event in 2-3 hours, then when you see guildies ping precs, and you can’t loot the chest cus you got dc’d..

in The Lost Shores

Jaric.5679

Before this thread gets locked, I’m going to critique it a bit.

Please remove the “go back to playing WoW”….that part needs to go. Also, see if you can change the title to “Demanding too much?” as it seems less complaining about complaining.

But you’re right about the Entitlement thing. That word gets tossed around a lot, but this is one situation where it definitely belongs. There’s too much entitlement. The whole thing of what they did with Precursers in the chest was so that it was a HUGE seed into the game’s world to decrease the price (something players were requesting).

Now, the prices of precursers did dive (by literally 100’s of gold in just a few minutes after the event ended on some servers). People are instead now demanding one step further and saying that though the prices dropped through seeding, they didn’t get one ‘for free’. This is where they want one handed to them.

A) Life is not fair, sometimes stuff happens.

B) Thanksgiving is coming up. Give thanks for what you have (especially seeing as how 3rd world countries have it far worse than a fake item in a digital world).

C) It’s just a game.

D) There will be more events in the future. Only two items won’t ever be seen again: the Karka 20-slot bag (yet normal 20-slots can be made or gotten from Fractals), and the Accessory item (a multi-stat item that is ‘okay’ for everything, but not good/great for specifics).

Sorry, mate, I gotta disagree. Precursors aren’t what bother me, missing out on the entire event because I had to work bothers me. If they can repeat an event over 24 hours in GW1 to give everyone a chance to participate, why can’t they do it now?

Also, I would have really like the one-time-only 20 slot karka bag. Because it’s a karka bag. Not some generic other 20-slot bag.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Just because you didn’t pay upfront for it doesn’t make it free.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

You paid upfront for the game itself, for god’s sake. They promised content updates, they delivered, and they certainly didn’t have to give us anything this big, with a free dungeon and map.

Edited by moderator: quote and comment edited since the original message does not longer exists

(edited by Moderator)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vashtion.6307

Vashtion.6307

@kanebrandyn, do you know how it feels to do a big one time event in 2-3 hours, then when you see guildies ping precs, and you can’t loot the chest cus you got dc’d..

That’s exactly my complaint with it. Really long event with a high chance of getting great rewards (the bag itself is amazing) and I get dc/ed right at the end.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Dont you know that ppl constantly throw money at ANets face though the gem store. They are making probably more money than they would with subscription model (thats why they introduced this model in the first place).

nice try but as long as such content isnt made only available to people who pay x amount at the gem store then this content is still free !

Obviously this game like any other game is a business, obviously the more content they make to keep people engaged playing the game the more likely they make money. None of that changes the fact that if someone doesnt want to pay a single cent s/he will still get all of this content just like anyone else. So yes the content is still free even if some people decide to spend money!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

I’m not from WoW. I complained because:

1. My timezone. Event is like 4am to me.
2. I was happy that the event repeats in several hours. But when I finally did it, I got disconnected during the last part wherein we’re about to kill the thing. No, I didn’t get any loot, at all.
3. Did it again, but the new build came so… nope, never got another chance again.
4. Actually, I didn’t really want to bother about one time events BUT… They’re giving the chance to get a “PRECURSOR” and sure loot of a 20 slot bag in this One Time Event.

It’s kinda unfair to those who can’t attend due to timezones (work/school/other RL responsibilities). Some got the chest twice in the same account, while most didn’t even have any loot at all.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

It was free to me, I have never spent a dime on this game besides the 59 dollars I paid for it “4 MONTHS” ago. Return on investment and then some.

1. Life isn’t fair.
2. You are not special.
3. Stop QQing about a free game.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aleaf.8174

Aleaf.8174

2. I was happy that the event repeats in several hours. But when I finally did it, I got disconnected during the last part wherein we’re about to kill the thing. No, I didn’t get any loot, at all.
3. Did it again, but the new build came so… nope, never got another chance again.
4. Actually, I didn’t really want to bother about one time events BUT… They’re giving the chance to get a “PRECURSOR” and sure loot of a 20 slot bag in this One Time Event.

It’s kinda unfair to those who can’t attend due to timezones (work/school/other RL responsibilities). Some got the chest twice in the same account, while most didn’t even have any loot at all.

1. This is an NA Server. It was advertised as NA. It kinda sucks don’t it? At any rate you could have woken up early or slept late.
2. The repeats should have never happened in the first place.
3. Read 2.
4. You weren’t at the event. You did not complete it like everyone else. Why should they accommodate you?

And while it’s unfair to those would can’t attend, it also sucks for those who couldn’t but made time to.

Hell look at Halloween. It happened during a major storm that affected most of the east coast of US. Did you hear them moaning as hard as people are now? Nope. And they had a legitimate reason to complain.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tetsuo.7318

tetsuo.7318

Never been done bevore? I remember similiar world events in other MMOs, the ROS event in Rift for example it even had almost the same problems (but it wasnt as boring as this event Trion is mutch better at designing world events) and you know what? the Devs even came out and apologized after that, amazing isnt it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

1. This is an NA Server. It was advertised as NA. It kinda sucks don’t it? At any rate you could have woken up early or slept late.
3. Read 2.
4. You weren’t at the event. You did not complete it like everyone else. Why should they accommodate you?

And while it’s unfair to those would can’t attend, it also sucks for those who couldn’t but made time to.

Hell look at Halloween. It happened during a major storm that affected most of the east coast of US. Did you hear them moaning as hard as people are now? Nope. And they had a legitimate reason to complain.

GW1 servers were also labelled NA/KR/International and yet all events repeated every 3 hours. Any explanation? This is the same developers who made the game!

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aleaf.8174

Aleaf.8174

3. Read 2.

GW1 servers were also labelled NA/KR/International and yet all events repeated every 3 hours. Any explanation? This is the same developers who made the game!

Cept GW2 does not have any International Servers. It’s strictly labeled EU and NA. I dunno how else to be more clear other than to tell you, the game is not going to be catered to you. As clearly labeled. On the servers.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

They pay for their minis not one time events… Get you facts straight. And a majority of people didn’t pay anything to Arena NET.

in The Lost Shores

Jaric.5679

3. Read 2.

Cept GW2 does not have any International Servers. It’s strictly labeled EU and NA. I dunno how else to be more clear other than to tell you, the game is not going to be catered to you. As clearly labeled. On the servers.

So, if it’s so clearly labelled, why wasn’t a second event scheduled to happen on EU servers at a different time?

The point you appear to either be completely missing, or blatantly ignoring, is that this is a world-wide MMO. Released worldwide, where people from all around the globe are playing this game in every timezone. I, for one, had no chance of getting into the final event as I had to work. I can’t afford to take a day off to do an event. a 24-hour repeat cycle, like they had with GW1, was perfect. Why this was not used this time around, I don’t know.

The servers are labelled based on their locations, not on who should or shouldn’t play on them. To think otherwise shows a very narrow and bigoted viewpoint. You’re basically saying that anyone who exists outside of North America doesn’t matter, because some servers happen to be based there. There was never a mention of Anet only catering to people in NA. That’s just ridiculous.

If you can’t actually think for yourself and see why what you are saying has so many flaws, then don’t bother replying to my post, because I do not want to enter into a discussion with someone who refuses to look at any other viewpoint than their own.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

They pay for their minis not one time events… Get you facts straight. And a majority of people didn’t pay anything to Arena NET.

Well you get your facts straight. Every single person playing this game payed at least those 60 bucks for the game to Arena Net. We didnt pay only for the things that were present in the game when we bought it beause Anet said themselves that there are many features that they wanted to have in game for launch but didnt have time for it and will introduce them in the future.

We didnt pay just for the game. We also payed for the support. And we keep paying ANet (doesnt matter if its in case of pets or some models or whatever..the money goes to Anet) to keep the game going forward, to have resources to introduce new events, new zones, pretty much new content.

My facts are straight. Yours arent.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

The second anyone mentions WoW their argument is instantly invalid. The event was a buggy mess.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ConfussledAndy.5384

ConfussledAndy.5384

I imagine ANet would agree that a game-crashing bug, which denied their player-base access to the rewards they worked for, is deserving of a complaint-backlash.

As a developer of free iPhone apps myself, you can’t just release free, broken, products and expect to get favourable reviews JUST because it’s “free”…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HERO.2057

HERO.2057

I don’t get why people think this is “free”.

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sardeth Wynn.9548

Sardeth Wynn.9548

I unfortunately, could not connect with the server at all during this event, after trying for an hour I gave up, when I finally got into game the event was over then after trying to do some of these Material Donations, the game crashed 4 times on me and that annoying pop-up to email Anet only showed up once.

Do I have a plan?
Yes, keep hitting it till it stops breathing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: domo.4067

domo.4067

go back to playing wow. do you guys realize that what anet is doing has never been done before? do you guys realize how much free content you got with this patch? stop acting so entitled, and stop complaining because you didnt get any good drops from the events. i had alot of fun with this event. the new dungeons is freaking sweet. the new zone is pretty cool. all this free stuff just months after release? cmon guys.

what anet has done has been done before.. many many times… Making an event in a single area without the proper capacity lagging the place out..

At least wow has different servers for pve/pvp so PVP enthousiasts dont get screwed over because everyone and his mother needs to do some crappy pve event.

Anet is not inventing the wheel.. its just making very very bad copies of it. I got turned off by this event after the first half hour because of the lag. Didnt bother with the rest of it.. shame the pvp part of guildwars is affected by it too :{

and as for free content.. if this kitten wasnt free id be looking for a lawyer to get a refund.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DanielDust.3742

DanielDust.3742

Funny you mentioned go back to WoW and then said “never done before”…yeah it was done before, in WoW, during TBC, also an exclusive event that, hint, hint, opened the doors to a certain raid.

Now back to GW 2, this event pretty much contained all that is bad in GW 2, then made it worse, I like the content, the new zone and the new dungeon, the event itself however was absolutely terrible and I hope we don’t get anymore free content if this is what we’re going to get.

Since it’s you, I’ll tell you something else that is funny, after 1 hour of grinding in this terrible event that makes Orr look like an amusement park (it’s actually enjoyable and you go there to simply farm and maybe for a dungeon), I actually went AFK, alt tabbed and continued to have fun playing WoW, so you were actually on to something there.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

Really, I love this kind of post. The event was a huge boring lag party… but hey is free, you have to like it!

If you like to pass 3 hours hitting a mob with autoattack I’m happy for you, but blaming other people cause they don’t like the event (and all his problem) is very childish.

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Eva Ridlee.6854

Eva Ridlee.6854

I unfortunately, could not connect with the server at all during this event, after trying for an hour I gave up, when I finally got into game the event was over then after trying to do some of these Material Donations, the game crashed 4 times on me and that annoying pop-up to email Anet only showed up once.

It could be worse, you could have wasted over 2 hours of your life actually in this event. In all honestly, some of you should count yourself lucky you did miss it. 2+ hours of fighting Karka, Veteran Karka, Champion Karka and an Ancient Karka was not, I repeat NOT, epic.

In truth, these one off events should be put to the sidelines and forgotten about until the game is rid of numerous bugs. Maybe my bugged story would have been fixed much sooner had Anet not been focussed on this. I have been stuck at lvl 45 story for 2 months, I have been missing 1 diving location for ages and as far as I can see, this has still not been fixed…….

I would rather see existing content fixed before they roll out more………..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

You paid upfront for the game itself, for god’s sake. They promised content updates, they delivered, and they certainly didn’t have to give us anything this big, with a free dungeon and map.

Edited by moderator: quote and comment edited since the original message does not longer exists

Crippling lag, progress breaking bugs and badly implemented features are a very special kind of content!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

It’s not about the loots. It’s about chance getting them. Players who participated got the chance to loot them. RNG worked, some got them, some didn’t. Tough luck.

But for us living on a different timezone, it feels like we were stripped of the opportunity to “have a chance, have a shot of getting those items”. It’s like being racist. We live on a different timezone, we suffer. It’s a one time thing. It’s like, “you can’t join? Not our problem. Blame the timezone.” – that’s what I felt.

Get the difference?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Free or not do i actualy need to list all the working content that we have gotten?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

The free argument is stupid. Maybe its “free” to you, but its not “free” to everyone.

Same dumb argument is used for League of Legends (which doesn’t even have an initial monetary investment like GW2) How does that game survive? Through micro-transactions. Its the same system that Anet is using here in GW2. Part of the user-base is actively spending money to buy gems.

For example, I am a working adult; I have enough disposable income to spend on vanity items like gems in this game, or skins in LoL. But its these one time events are ostracizing the very people that are more likely to be actively making micro-transaction purchases. Why adopt a business model that relies on a small percentage of the user-base “paying” for the everyone else, then royaly kitten those same customers you are relying on. It makes zero sense.

I’d like to believe this will be the end of SIGNIFICANT one-time events though; The backlash from this event was too big to ignore. Stick you one-time cutscene like event only.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: hyabuse.7392

hyabuse.7392

I feel that I have rights to complain about this event…1st of all not everyone have time to spend whole day waiting when anet fix bugs, after i noticed quests from 1-2 day are bugged i’ve never loged in this day anymore, on 3rd day i was thinking, ok these 2 days were fail but last one must be realy epic….imagine my disapointment when i noticed most boring event i have ever met on this game…click karka, kill karka, click karka kill karka, (yea i went afk waiting till others do following steps to progress mission, and came back just to kill in last stage ancient karka and get my reward). Well fighting any dragon i have fun but that karka was waste of my 2h

in The Lost Shores

Jaric.5679

At least you had the chance to attend the event, Hyabuse. Not everyone did.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Paying customers have the right to complain

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

People are complaining about the fact they never even got to loot the chest, some didn’t even get to see the event. That is where the complaints are coming from. Paying customers are not asking for a free precursor, they are just asking for a chance at a working event in their timezone and a chance to open the chest, that is completely and utterly fair. Why should they not get the same chance?

Personally speaking I wouldn’t not care if I got a chest full of blues but after funding the game several ways, clearing my schedule for the event and sitting through a 3 hour lag-fest, I, among many more deserve to see that chest and have the same chance as the rest of the player base.

As for “go back to wow” I can safely assume that you got your precursor and do not care about the rest of the player base, that you play wow and have your L90 shaman running about on your crocodile mount, and you are not the type of person to read before commenting or posting threads. A lot of players have not played WoW and perhaps 1% are complaining for the reason you state.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hello,

I’m closing this thread as it does not bring any help or constructive feedbacks.

Please keep in mind that threads created for the sake of complaining are not allowed on our forums as they do not invite to constructive discussions.

Thank you for your understanding.