Adventuring around the Marionette

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Scarlet or Anet?

So I am on a server that doesn’t do the puppet event every 2 hours, but when it fails, I suffer for it. If you want the effect to be that grand how about killing everyone on every single map? I just bring this up because it made me fail the event I was doing so now so it interferes with how I would like to play and takes a chunk out of my bank.

Ty Anet for this awesome and well thought out content you didn’t have to patch 5 times.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So, you’re in the zone during the event and you die when it fails? Why don’t you try helping with the event, or gee, I dunno, move to a different zone during the pre-set regularly occurring event that has been taking place for the last few weeks?

I’ve also died from this event, what chunk out of your bank are you referring to? Full repair bill is something like 11s, and that’s after multiple deaths. What are you suggesting your bill was on a single death? 1s?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

kamedin.4698

I would help but when there is no one there, it makes it hard and when I am just doing my personal story and I zone in just as it ends and die, I am a little mad about it. A different example is I got shot with a bullet from 1000 miles away and I get to go to the hospital and pay the fee even if the entire thing is unfair and shouldn’t even happen.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Chop a few trees in the map, repair costs payed for..

kamedin.4698

I only have to pay for the axes to chop down said tree. Brilliant!

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Well 2 chops and you will have that back, there are more than a few trees there.
:rolleyes:

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Simply don’t go to Lornar’s Pass till the living story arc is complete. Alternatively you can make sure to leave just before the event starts (Every even hour server time.) and return about 10 minutes later if your server is as dead as you say. Longer if you are exaggerating.

Or you can just sell a single blue/green item to pay for the repair cost.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

What if you’re killed by a spider?
The marionette is an enemy just like all other enemies.
Enemies hurt you, do something about them or they kill you.
Simple rule.
I wish world bosses would have a larger impact on the world.
Even travelling between zones and destroying stuff if they aren’t dealt with.
That’s the image ANet gave about GW2 before they launched it and I think that’s what they should be trying for.

kamedin.4698

What if you’re killed by a spider?
The marionette is an enemy just like all other enemies.
Enemies hurt you, do something about them or they kill you.
Simple rule.
I wish world bosses would have a larger impact on the world.
Even travelling between zones and destroying stuff if they aren’t dealt with.
That’s the image ANet gave about GW2 before they launched it and I think that’s what they should be trying for.

Okay, How many other enemies can one shot an entire map? Because I don’t remember a lot of them. And I cannot summon a 100 man zerg to deal with one creature just because I want it to happen.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

kamedin.4698

I am actually less upset by the repair cost and more upset that I cannot play the game how it was meant to be played (Personal Story and Exploration) just because of one enemy. No other world boss one shots an entire map (that i know of) and doesn’t make it unplayable.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

How exactly does this keep you from playing the game?

If you were in the middle of a dynamic event, you could just go back to that event from the nearest WP. If you were in the middle of a personal story quest then you were in an instance and can’t be killed by Mari anyway. If you were on the map heading towards your next personal story point then all you had to do is WP and run back there.

The only time I’ve seen the Mari wipe cause anyone real inconvenience was when a guild was doing a guild rush on the map when she went down (and frankly they should have known better than to start it right before she dropped.) But in your case all it cost you was a couple silver and maybe thirty seconds of running.

So again, how exactly does this prevent you from playing the game the way it was meant to be played?

kamedin.4698

According to everyone, just don’t go there seems the solution, to that logic, the game is unplayable. If the Puppet causes me to fail multiple events, that helps me not be able to play and not everyone keeps track of that puppet and when it spawns. And again, I don’t remember any other world bosses that causes this much inconvenience on any level as this one does.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

No, according to everyone, the logic is “just waypoint, it costs as much as you get from looting a single enemy every 2 hours,”

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Again, what inconvenience did it really cause you?

The wipe happens once every two hours (if Mari fails.) That’s two hours between each wipe for you to freely and comfortably do anything you need to do in the zone. If you are in the zone when the wipe happens and you’re at an event, all you have to do is WP and go back to that event. It’s no different than if you had been killed by some mob.

Really, this is a giant super-weapon that’s part of the culmination of this round of the Living Story. This game has always been about “if events fail, there are consequences,” and this event only makes that more real. Plus it’s temporary content, only in one zone, and again all it cost you was a couple silver and maybe a minute running back from a WP, at which point you have another two hours to do what you need to do.

It does not “help you not be able to play.” Getting killed and respawning is part of playing this game.

Kumu Honua.2751

According to everyone, just don’t go there seems the solution, to that logic, the game is unplayable. If the Puppet causes me to fail multiple events, that helps me not be able to play and not everyone keeps track of that puppet and when it spawns. And again, I don’t remember any other world bosses that causes this much inconvenience on any level as this one does.

No, by that logic you get your entitled self out of the area so that you don’t have your “bill” for lack of participation. You then return when the event is over and go back to doing whatever it is that you were doing.

The duration of the event is 2 minutes for complete and utter failure to about a half hour for closer losses. That gives you 1.5hours out of every 2 that your playtime is completely uninterrupted.

Stop being so self entitled and adapt. The game is not unplayable. That’s pathetic.

kamedin.4698

Fine, I will not be self entitled anymore. I just wish when Mari failed it killed everyone on every map. Then it would be so much more “if events fail, there are consequences” going on.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Kumu Honua.2751

That’s not what you wish at all. That’s just spite. Nice change of thread title.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Dynamic events are supposed to have impact on GW2 world. Marionette works as intended. Next time just go to character selection screen just before the event fails and zone back in few seconds after, if you care that much. You won’t lose any progress and you won’t lose any gold.

kamedin.4698

That’s not what you wish at all. That’s just spite. Nice change of thread title.

I changed it to what I believe it has become. And if they changed the death zone to the entire world, it would actually have an impact since a single zone isn’t big enough.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

(edited by kamedin.4698)

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I changed it to what I believe it has become. And if they changed the death zone to the entire world, it would actually have an impact since a single zone isn’t big enough.

A single zone can hold 100 – 150 people. I’d say that’s big enough. But when I go to Lornar’s Pass, I don’t have to worry about too much dying, since we kill the Marionette 9 times out of 10.

My suggestion to you is that if this map is so important for you to do, you should either 1) wait until the event ends, which is roughly 20 to 30 minutes after the hour, 2) gather people to complete the event, or 3) guest/transfer to a server with more PvE minded people like yourself.

You should know by now that if you go to that zone, and no one completes the event while you’re there, you’ll be nuked. After that, you have a 2 hour window before the event restarts.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I am actually less upset by the repair cost and more upset that I cannot play the game how it was meant to be played (Personal Story and Exploration) just because of one enemy. No other world boss one shots an entire map (that i know of) and doesn’t make it unplayable.

If you are in your Personal Story you will not be killed. If you are exploring, explore up until the Marionette launches its attack, leave for 2min, then come back to the zone. Or, I dunno, understand this is a Living Story event that is temporary, and also understand that in this particular zone that you are exploring, there is a giant marionette menace that has the potential to wipe the zone every 2 hours if no one defeats it. If you have this information ahead of time (which you do), then there is absolutely no reason to whine about it.

You need to work around this, not the other way around.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

While it would be nice to limit the area of the attack since nothing visually indicates that it isn’t a localized attack (none of the NPCs zone wide react to the marionette failure). It will be gone soon and there is a large window for exploration marionette free. It’s a minor inconvenience to playing a very small part of the game. Unless by playing the game you meant “Only being in Lornar’s Pass at the specific times the event fails”. Then yes that is really inconvenient for playing the game, but the way you’re playing the game is out of the ordinary to say the least.

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Does it affect people being in personal story instance that is on the map?
I’ve been avoiding the map at the top of the hour to skip the overflows and map chat screams Apparently that was the right decision.

Kumu Honua.2751

Story instances are not in the zone. Even if they originate there. Scarlet’s lair is also safe for the same reason.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

its only going to be around a few more weeks and i doubt ur gana spend 100% of ur time on lornar’s pass so get over it

bsids u could just …..NOT be in lornar’s pass 5 minutes before the thing dies, just leave when the event starts

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

having to respawn at a waypoint because of death caused by an event that happens every 2 hours and is announced on map and further is temporary content on one single map in the whole game is absolutely an outrage. It is very reasonable to start a forum thread about this and consider all “those events” as bad. We were told “play like you want” and it completely ruins the game philosophy to have one map being plagued by such an event every two hours for a few weeks.