Attuned 1st official kill

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Kyron The Wise.6507

Kyron The Wise.6507

Attuned just got our first official (post patch) kill on the wurm on the previous run.

Let me just say, I am proud of all the people who participated. People were listening, and reacting very well.

(edited by Kyron The Wise.6507)

Posted by: mluin.8395

mluin.8395

Was fun and many more to come.

Posted by: Outcast J.5138

Outcast J.5138

Yeah, that was awesome!
Lets do it again!

Attachments:

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

well done Att

\0.0/

Attachments:

winnie@BlackGate

Posted by: LuckyTortle.1529

LuckyTortle.1529

Repsectful post

Northern Shiverpeaks [NERF]
Yep…

Posted by: Barsimoprimo.2759

Barsimoprimo.2759

Nice job guys. Lets get this on the farm =P

Attachments:

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Btw if you’re gonna screencap, its better to press ctrl+shift+h

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

Great time! Lots and lots and lots of times we came really close so this was really gratifying and worth all the attempts.

So many players in Attuned put in a lot of hard work and put in hours testing to see what would work, so thanks to all.

Really exciting when it gets down to a few seconds between getting the kill and having to wait two hours to try it again

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

Also, first kill for Darkhaven! Thanks to Darkhaven natives, Blackgate guests and Attuned guests for a great collaborative effort!

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

Congratulations on your kill!
Hope you’ve all had better loot than I’ve had on the 2 kills I was present for with Desolation, [NiP] and our friends and guests from other servers.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Congratulations to all of you. I knew you all would do it

Good on ya!

/salutes with a drink (you pick what you want..I’m having tea, it’s freakin’ cold)

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Goshkee.7495

Goshkee.7495

Congratz!
Could please you tell what were your tacs? Did you go zerging the wurms one by one, and then split into 3 groups to finish them off, or did you kill them in groups for each at the same time?

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Congratulations on your kill!
Hope you’ve all had better loot than I’ve had on the 2 kills I was present for with Desolation, [NiP] and our friends and guests from other servers.

I didn’t even get 1 rare from it. lol

Congratz!
Could please you tell what were your tacs? Did you go zerging the wurms one by one, and then split into 3 groups to finish them off, or did you kill them in groups for each at the same time?

No we split into 3 roughly equal groups and stay at each respective wurm throughout.

Posted by: Destiny.5316

Destiny.5316

50/50/50 with 5 ele’s at amber, 2 at cobalt, 2 at crimson. Got each wurm to 5% then synced and decapitated them. We found a spot for the wurms to charge into in the arena against a wall (they can still leave the wall) where we drop all of our dps on and hope we kill the wurm heads. Switching to range while we chase wurms when they move and back to melee. In between phase 1 and 2 we might stacked. We had 1 condi group at each wurm to clear husks.

BazeDragon.3927

50/50/50 with 5 ele’s at amber, 2 at cobalt, 2 at crimson. Got each wurm to 5% then synced and decapitated them. We found a spot for the wurms to charge into in the arena against a wall (they can still leave the wall) where we drop all of our dps on and hope we kill the wurm heads. Switching to range while we chase wurms when they move and back to melee. In between phase 1 and 2 we might stacked. We had 1 condi group at each wurm to clear husks.

No Swirling Winds groups to prevent eggs?
NiP + friends kill last night we moved to an overflow to get away from abusive randoms on Deso main, gave us the time to get every group up with equal numbers of every profession so we had full condi teams and at least 3 swirling winds elementalists (Diboof!) on each wurm, so we had no egg spawns for about 90% of phase 1. Gives a lot more room for error than before we started experimenting with ele groups, especially on Cobalt. Might be worth trying out.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

NiP + friends kill last night we moved to an overflow to get away from abusive randoms on Deso main, gave us the time to get every group up with equal numbers of every profession so we had full condi teams and at least 3 swirling winds elementalists (Diboof!) on each wurm, so we had no egg spawns for about 90% of phase 1. Gives a lot more room for error than before we started experimenting with ele groups, especially on Cobalt. Might be worth trying out.

The said ele’s that were at the various wurm heads, were the Swirling Winds egg destroyers. Att has been using this tactic for quite a while now.

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

5 kills here as txs commander and the loot is Terribad….dunno what Anet was thinking when they made the reward chest’s.Still back to the Op gj and GL ! xD.

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

Destiny.5316

2 of the ele’s at each wurm were on egg duty. We kinda had the technique before everyone else. Wooden Potatoes came up with it with us and made a video that got seen and that is where it all came from.

We have been just fine with 2 ele’s to reflect most of the eggs, go back to helping the group, reflecting, and repeat.

BazeDragon.3927

2 of the ele’s at each wurm were on egg duty. We kinda had the technique before everyone else. Wooden Potatoes came up with it with us and made a video that got seen and that is where it all came from.

We have been just fine with 2 ele’s to reflect most of the eggs, go back to helping the group, reflecting, and repeat.

Very well, and credit to yourselves and Wooden Potatoes for coming up with it. I didn’t know it was yourselves who had worked with him on it, but the video was brought to my attention and I am thankful for the tactic which has made Phase 1 a lot easier for us for the best part of the last week.

Destiny.5316

Thanks, it has been quite a bit of fun having him along with us. We have been refining our strategies lately and are very happy to share how we do it with everyone.

Posted by: Shlack.4096

Shlack.4096

Come back to the main server guys. Even 5min before the event starts now there is no more overflow on BG ;’[

KOPPER.1458

Come back to the main server guys. Even 5min before the event starts now there is no more overflow on BG ;’[

Sadly we suffer from the same problem Deso does, which is why they goto OF. There are too many randoms who simply don’t want to work as a team. We still have the problem but this way lessens it.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Sadly we suffer from the same problem Deso does, which is why they goto OF. There are too many randoms who simply don’t want to work as a team. We still have the problem but this way lessens it.

Actually all of them do want to work as a team. Some of them don’t want to get on TS and that’s all. Butthey all know whatto do. And all 50 of them that stayed after you abandoned them 5 minutes before the event started were very disappointed in you guys. Congrats on beating taking many BG native and guesters to go with you and call it Attuned guild kill. You left no chance for those people who waited for 2 hour just to be abandoned.

It’s not all about winning, it’s about how you win. Show some respect to other people. And do not accuse them for things that are not true.
I honestly enjoyed wurm fights on BG first 10 days or so. Everyone was working together, patient, having fun, explaining every detail of the fight to everyone. Sharing thoughts, builds, tactics. However, once the elitist guild was created, everything changed. Now suddenly, you are the best just because you are wearing the guild tag and you have the right to split other BG native and guest players and take who you want with you? (those on TS). It’s just bad and wrong.

- No Trolling

Destiny.5316

Actually all of them do want to work as a team. Some of them don’t want to get on TS and that’s all. Butthey all know whatto do. And all 50 of them that stayed after you abandoned them 5 minutes before the event started were very disappointed in you guys. Congrats on beating taking many BG native and guesters to go with you and call it Attuned guild kill. You left no chance for those people who waited for 2 hour just to be abandoned.

It’s not all about winning, it’s about how you win. Show some respect to other people. And do not accuse them for things that are not true.
I honestly enjoyed wurm fights on BG first 10 days or so. Everyone was working together, patient, having fun, explaining every detail of the fight to everyone. Sharing thoughts, builds, tactics. However, once the elitist guild was created, everything changed. Now suddenly, you are the best just because you are wearing the guild tag and you have the right to split other BG native and guest players and take who you want with you? (those on TS). It’s just bad and wrong.

- No Trolling

Actually we announced that we were guesting over to Darkhaven in guild chat, then teamspeak, and then map chap in BG main. So there was plenty of chances for people not in Attuned to come with us. We decided to guest because we have quite a few members of our guild who guest over to BG and we wanted to give them a chance. We have made it known when our official days are for the wurm. Attuned was created to let people know when the commanders that have put all the time and effort in would like to try the wurm. Please PM me in game if an Attuned member has been having an elitist attitude because that is not what we want.

Also please tell me how it is wrong if a guild wants to guest over to another server to attempt something? Of course we tell our guild members first which server because we are doing it as a guild event and then we tell teamspeak and then everyone else. We openly share our tactics, the builds that we’ve come up with, and pretty much everything. So I would like to ask you not to insult us just because you don’t like us.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The biggest problem is the structure of the achievements. They encourage people to play in counterproductive and selfish ways. It’s gotten to the point where on any attempt that that doesn’t successfully kills all 3 heads, whichever one was left alive will be overloaded with players on the next run. There have been times where I’ve gotten to the Second Phase, and then learned afterwards that several groups of players had dropped combat during the transition and then Waypointed over to whatever head they needed for their title.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Rezz.8019

Actually we announced that we were guesting over to Darkhaven in guild chat, then teamspeak, and then map chap in BG main. So there was plenty of chances for people not in Attuned to come with us.

Actually no. You never announced it in map chat. No need for false claims. And you left at least 50 people behind 5 minutes before event start. Those people were very, very disappointed, they spent 2 hours waiting for that event.
Anyway, next time respect people and tell them whats going on and don’t leave them waiting for so long just to ditch them.

Destiny.5316

Um, I personally said in map chat that we (Att) were gonna guest over on Darkhaven.
So please stop trying to make this up.

Posted by: Pexx.6327

Pexx.6327

Actually no. You never announced it in map chat. No need for false claims. And you left at least 50 people behind 5 minutes before event start. Those people were very, very disappointed, they spent 2 hours waiting for that event.
Anyway, next time respect people and tell them whats going on and don’t leave them waiting for so long just to ditch them.

Except that it was said in map chat. It’s not the fault of ours if people were AFK or were not paying attention when we said that we would be making an announcement and to not be AFK so they would know what was going on. This was said in our guild chat, over TeamSpeak, and in map chat several times over the course of the wait. Heck, the target guesting server was leaked over TeamSpeak and map chat before it was even said in our guild chat.

Red Rum Mai // Ozma Amzo

Rezz.8019

Except that it was said in map chat. It’s not the fault of ours if people were AFK or were not paying attention when we said that we would be making an announcement and to not be AFK so they would know what was going on. This was said in our guild chat, over TeamSpeak, and in map chat several times over the course of the wait. Heck, the target guesting server was leaked over TeamSpeak and map chat before it was even said in our guild chat.

All I have to say now is: screenies or never happened. Because I was there all the time and I had map chat on and I was never afk. You definitely didn’t type it in map chat. Anyway, next time show some respect to people. Just because you are in a guild and voice comm it doesn’t mean you are superior to them in any way.

Posted by: Shlack.4096

Shlack.4096

I believe Rezz is right. I was there too for 2hours and I did not see it on map chat. I, and I am sure Rezz, would not have minded to join you guys and help you on DH server but we had no idea where you guys all went just as the event started. Now, DH vs BG, what is the difference? we were all there already and you guys were massively present.
Anyway, I still believe wurm should not be so hard so not to trigger such problems/poor ambiance. 20+ players per wurm knowing what to do should be enough to kill him, no need for 50+ elitist players on one map.
Anyway, gratz for your win.
Now come back on the main BG map :P~

Destiny.5316

I believe Rezz is right. I was there too for 2hours and I did not see it on map chat. I, and I am sure Rezz, would not have minded to join you guys and help you on DH server but we had no idea where you guys all went just as the event started. Now, DH vs BG, what is the difference? we were all there already and you guys were massively present.
Anyway, I still believe wurm should not be so hard so not to trigger such problems/poor ambiance. 20+ players per wurm knowing what to do should be enough to kill him, no need for 50+ elitist players on one map.

One of the reasons we guest is because a lot of our guildies are from other servers so we want everyone to have a fair shot. Another thing is we spam the ts info because due to the way this event was made it requires voice comms to have any shot of succeeding at it. We have had so many close attempts but a good number of times someone wasn’t on teamspeak so they didn’t know what was going on and messed it up.

We usually do attempt it throughout the week on BG main but I hope you understand that since we did make a guild (we were really really open with invitations for the first week+) so we want to have specific days/times so that we can make official attempts. We are not trying to be elitist by any means, we just want to be organized to have a chance and not to burn everyone out by going every single day for so many hours non stop.

Also to answer your DH vs BG, BG main already had a lot of people so we made the decision that we would attempt on an emptier server so as not to have to deal with afkers taking up spaces that could be used for people wanting to actually do it.

Posted by: Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

50 people waited 2 hours and weren’t on TS? That says a lot.

Don’t tell them to show respect when they were the ones organizing everything, paying for food, etc. I don’t know what was said or not said in map chat, but I don’t see the problem with guild and voice comm taking priority when it comes to something like this.

I wanted to join them for a serious attempt and got on TS as soon as I logged into GW2. I’m not even a BG native or [Att] member. I’m just some random person from a world that gave up on the type of content I enjoy. If I could figure out where I needed to be in order to participate in a serious attempt, why couldn’t the 50 people that were left behind on BG?

Everyone did great, but I’d like to say thanks to [Att] for organizing everything and leading us to victory! Being there for a win after all those attempts felt awesome even if I got straight up trash from the chest.

(That first time feeling only happens once. Just putting that out there, Anet. *coughs*)

(edited by Strawberry Nubcake.7163)

Posted by: Chinnee.7051

Chinnee.7051

I’m not in Att guild and i’m from BG.

First, yay for my first time when i actually killed wurms and thanks for ALL players who were there!

Second… When i was on TS ppl ask if they will guest another server or not.. They waiting till last moment, but ppl know that they will change the server! If u were in TS in that 2 hrs that u wait u had to know that they moved… I saw ur comments in ts chat and u said that it’s too late for guest (or something like that).

I was one of them who didn’t was when they try first time in DH (too much ppl). I wait 2 times (first too much, then again too much but i got DC), but for me = worth it. If u waited (like most of us, including ppl from Att) then u will killed too. I know that ur upset and maybe they don’t have respect for others, but they say that in TS, ppl ask them if they will move it or not. I don’t know about map chat. They knew that they will move, but they wait for last min. That’s it.

Next time be in TS from the moment u join, listen them and be patient. It’s not worth to get angry bcs of this.

KOPPER.1458

Actually all of them do want to work as a team. Some of them don’t want to get on TS and that’s all. But they all know what to do. And all 50 of them that stayed after you abandoned them 5 minutes before the event started were very disappointed in you guys.

Honestly I have to ask why you or anyone else who felt “abandoned” could not be bothered to get on TS and listen. It is far easier to communicate that way. Knowing the fight or not, I can tell when players are not on TS. They are still running colors, running barrels, killing A-bombs,etc. I watch it happen almost every single run. It can be frustrating to players who are on TS and listening. Respect works both ways.

However, once the elitist guild was created, everything changed. Now suddenly, you are the best just because you are wearing the guild tag and you have the right to split other BG native and guest players and take who you want with you? (those on TS). It’s just bad and wrong.

First; anyone was welcomed into that guild, and we take anyone with us. Plenty of non Att members were there for both kills. Is it hard to believe that those in the guild have formed friendships and enjoy playing together? No one has called us the best. We are happy for a win, just like everyone else who has one. I don’t see it as bad or wrong. You are upset because you waited 2 hours like many of us for an attempt and we decided to move. It was announced. You missed the announcement and did not move.

I can not speak for everyone but I want to play with other players willing to get on TS and at least be able to listen to the calls being made. If that makes me an Elitist then I am ok with that.

There are too many randoms who simply don’t want to work as a team. We still have the problem but this way lessens it.

I think you took this quote of mine too personally. I don’t know you so it was not a personal attack or directed at any one person. But this does happen all the time, on many runs. To say this isn’t true is false; sorry.

We’ve done several runs in the last few days alone and I’ve lost count on the number of people doing whatever they want. Just as a quick example: More than 10 players last night randomly decided to go to cobalt in the middle of the fight.

And you left at least 50 people behind 5 minutes before event start. Those people were very, very disappointed, they spent 2 hours waiting for that event

So 50 players; an entire wurm team were not on TS? I am sorry you were left behind but we spam TS info all the time. Again I don’t see a reason not to freely join in on TS.

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

When we guested over to Darkhaven it was our first run for the night, it wasn’t like it was a few runs then #nope now lets all go to Darkhaven. It was okay our guild is forming up now, do we want to do all our attempts on BG or guest.

Also if we were claiming BG kills as our own, we would have said its our 2nd kill because we also were on BG when it died. But it was our first time as a guild thus, our first kill. And it was announced we’ll be guesting then announced in TS from Trad leaking it, then in gchat….then in TS again, then in map chat.

Again I’d like to point out it was our first run of the night in which we decided to guest. We didn’t keep people waiting at all, because it was our first run of the night. If you are suggesting that because we use the BG TS that we took numbers from BG main because they followed us, yea I can maybe see your point but it was there choice to follow, nothing is stopping people organising themselves on BG main either.

Sorry you feel that way but I don’t see why its a bad thing. Apologies.

(edited by Zanthrax.6538)

Zanthrax.6538

With all due respect I sincerely don’t believe 20+ solid players can defeat the wurm if the others don’t know / won’t co-ordinate. Just my opinion, what I have seen is that if 10 people don’t know what to do at amber? The abomination dies prematurely and / or the stacks from the head don’t get fully cleared in time. 10 people on crimson, push the phase 2 too soon. 10 people on cobalt push a burn phase too early.

I’m quite seriously trying to think about it, I just don’t see 20 people at each wurm able to defeat it with the others not knowing what to do. =S

Posted by: Nodo.6907

Nodo.6907

The decision was made and if you knew about it then you were already listening and ready to help out. There is no real reason for anyone to be upset or trying to sling mud at anyone concerning this topic.

The 3 heads takes coordination and attention from people floating in and out of the zone and if some choose to not be in TS there isn’t much you can do about it. The TS info is spammed constantly and is impossible to miss. For those who waited 2+ hours and then felt abandoned….I don’t know how anyone can respond to that logically. If you are waiting for 2+ hours to have people lead you through something like this then why not work with them rather than oppose what they are asking of you? I’ll add that this was a guild run, not a Blackgate run.

Att is not just a Blackgate guild, it just came together on Blackgate after the initial Wurm kill by the startup folks who had been together all week. Any server is open to be chosen before a designated run, not just Blackgate.

Name- Nodo
Server – Yak’s Bend

(edited by Nodo.6907)

Posted by: Nodo.6907

Nodo.6907

50 people waited 2 hours and weren’t on TS? That says a lot.

Don’t tell them to show respect when they were the ones organizing everything, paying for food, etc. I don’t know what was said or not said in map chat, but I don’t see the problem with guild and voice comm taking priority when it comes to something like this.

I wanted to join them for a serious attempt and got on TS as soon as I logged into GW2. I’m not even a BG native or [Att] member. I’m just some random person from a world that gave up on the type of content I enjoy. If I could figure out where I needed to be in order to participate in a serious attempt, why couldn’t the 50 people that were left behind on BG?

Everyone did great, but I’d like to say thanks to [Att] for organizing everything and leading us to victory! Being there for a win after all those attempts felt awesome even if I got straight up trash from the chest.

(That first time feeling only happens once. Just putting that out there, Anet. coughs)

And I’d like to take the opportunity to thank you, if you are who I am remembering, for moving from Cobalt to Crimson the time we got the kill even though you really had your heart set on Cobalt.

Name- Nodo
Server – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

And I’d like to take the opportunity to thank you, if you are who I am remembering, for moving from Cobalt to Crimson the time we got the kill even though you really had your heart set on Cobalt.

Yep! That was me and I still need it. That stupid wurm is the only thing standing between me and that title.

Soooooooon.

Zanthrax.6538

Soon™ strawberry …..soon™

Posted by: Kyron The Wise.6507

Kyron The Wise.6507

Its been made somewhat clear that on our big run days, we usually end up guesting over to another server, and that you should be in TS to get the info as soon as you can. Honestly, you should be in TS anyways, as it is pretty much needed for coordination.

And yes, I specifically remember asking for people to move over to crimson and seeing Strawberry and Orion go. Thats the kind of sacrifice we like to see!