Don't tell me.. "Scarlet wuz gud all along."?

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Geneticide.6987

Geneticide.6987

So.. Taimi’s (fantastic character) theory: Scarlet building an army against the Dragons, or something similar. Is this anets way of trying to get us to like Scarlet? Is this even possible? Well considering she’s been shoehorned into everything so far, I can’t see why not. She’ll probably get “that” treatment. You know, the villain who did the wrong things for the right reasons?

They just can’t accept how many people hate her, huh.

She needs to die already. And why build an army to fight off dragons? She’s already more powerful than Zhaitan by a long shot. All we needed was a tricked out blimp for him.

I hope I’m wrong…

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I will never like Scarlet Briar. Scarlet has even caused me to hate my own Sylvari character. And since I don’t roll alts, this has severely diminished my enjoyment of the game.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Spoiler alert!
End of part 4:

• Scarlet unveils the next Elder Dragon
  • Scarlet Kills next Elder Dragon after we get to look at it for 5 whole seconds
  • Scarlet is the new Trahearn….all hail Overlord Scarlet!

Sorry I couldn’t resist ;-)

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

I won’t get into it because I certainly have strong opinions on this but I will simply write this:

Dear Anet,

Please, for the sake of the majority of your player base, remove Scarlett Briar as soon as you can… and for good!

Sincerely,
Upset Customer No. 0001

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Scarlet will die. Then, Ceara will be reborn. She’ll join the New Destiny’s Edge as a redemptive character and fill the role of the Sylvari representative. She’ll also gain a protégé in Taimi.

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: Ryan.2758

Ryan.2758

The following information is from the journal fragments and the extra text you get when you collect all the fragments.

Spoiler Alert:

In the journals you complete in her workshop, scarlet mentions a dark presence that was following her before she went insane. Eventually the presence drove her to a point of a paranoia. It communicated with her with images of death and destruction, and she decided she must go and confront the presence, and put an end to the madness.

The big question now is whether this is the entity that Scarlet encountered in the dream, and if so, who is it?

My money is on the jungle dragon possibly. She talks about how she finally saw it, and how she stared in the void and the void stared back.

Kinda exciting.

Posted by: Cevilo.7862

Cevilo.7862

I think she would have been a more “Likeable” character, regardless of her morality if she were more related to the over all story arch that GW2 was suppose to be build on, which is the dragons. initially when she was introduced she was just another random evil character thrown in the middle of a story, who has (seemingly) no connection with the over all main story. (the dragons)

If she does have some connection to the dragons then they needed to be more up front about it, in the first place instead of building these elaborate schemes she was pulling. people were ready for advancement in the story, the next dragon, or dragon elite servant. it’s like you turned your TV on expecting game of thrones and got the Simpsons. the biggest outrage of the LS was the direction it went (well that and lack of content, focus on BLTC items as opposed to real content but that’s a different topic), which is away from the main story your character had been following, maybe Scarlet (regardless how how 2d of a character most people see her as) would have been a more accepted foe if it were after the whole Dragon saga came to a close or If after he initial introduction you found out she has relations to xxxx dragons coming. I think the only “acceptable” departure from the dragons being the main foe in most GW2 players eyes would be a detour to Elona for PWJ or to Cantha to sort out the exile of the races, and even then the ending arch would need to lead back to the main cause, which is facing these fierce dragons.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

You can review the journal notes in the video in my signature if you feel like grinding out the mats to read it may take to long.