Evil Puppet Lady: Thanks Anet! :D

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

This is not a sarcastic post!

I really enjoy the evil puppet lady (guild’s nickname for her) fight!

There is just something about it that makes it feel challenging, but not like a giant zerg fest (Like Teq was and which is why a lot of us didn’t like it). My guild is predominantly a WvW guild that hasn’t been a huge fan of the LS, but we convinced our guild to make an attempt on the fight, and even our most anti-PvE players asked if we could try again the next night!

I love the incorporation of siege, the smaller 20-25 man fights, the ability to use finishers, and the ring mechanics. We had each lane cheering on the others, and it really was a lot of fun to do. I have most of the achievements, and yet I keep going back to do the fight again because I enjoy it. We even had a dev that recently transferred to our server fighting along with us.

Just wanted to give you guys that, oh so hard to find, positive feed back.

(Give the guys that came up with this fight a raise! [and if at all possible don’t take it away!!!!])

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Thanks for that great feedback!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I really love this fight too, for pretty much exactly the reasons you stated OP add to that the fact that it is a giant killbot hanging from a space ship pure awesome! Very well done.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I have to agree. It is an epic battle, and I really want to download that battle music somewhere. It is a shame this is temporary content, because this is a good boss.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

As much as I hate Scarlet & the current state of Guild War’s lore, the Marionette fight is really fun. The break up of the people & the phases were cool. I like the variation in the disk fights. Unfortunately really disappointed the Wurm fight is all about crowds of 2-shotting mobs & boring reskins.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The balance of challenge VS difficulty for this kind of encounter was nailed. This is the benchmark I’d say for future open world raids.

Wurm I’ve only had 1 attempt at, so it is difficult to give feedback on really. I’d at least like to see the mobs in the pre-event drop loot.

Also, it would be good to have more lead in story, rather than post-event story.

Kudos guys

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Agreed, I like 99% of the Marionette and think the encounter is fantastic. The only issue is the random allocation on the platforms, and not being able to help your allies once your platform is done, that’s about it.

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Yup absolutely love it!

Incredibly fun and actually challenging!

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

When will the epic music from this battle be uploaded? I want it!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It will apparently be uploaded to Soundcloud within a few days.

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

The balance of challenge VS difficulty for this kind of encounter was nailed.

Might feel the same if I hadn’t tried it oh, five times now, and never been above 3 chains cut.

I’ve done all I can on my end. I can’t do anything about other players or the inability to get into the “right” instance.