Fire elemental powder mega-nerf?

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

So, as patch notes say any item that summons “pets” is on “30 minutes cooldown” (for “performance” reasons, as I presume it improved players’ performance), are there any other items that help out without “use it once in 30 minutes” limits? Ogre pet whistle is kinda useless as you never know what it will summon (plus that does qualify as a pet, frankly more so as elemental hardly seems to be a pet). Do seed turrets count as “pets”? Anything else I missed?

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Ranger pet counts as pet, necro minions and mesmer illusions too. Only once per 30 mins!

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: izze.3284

izze.3284

it says clearly say >>items<< that summon “pets” – so it doesnt affect ranger or necro pets/minions

[SWAG]Izze
Frostfang, Howler, 2x Sunrise, Predator, Kamohoali’ Kotaki

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

no it says “item” that summons pets….not ability. Ranger and necro are abilities not items. This mainly nerfs Ogre pet whistle as well as Fire elemental powder. Both of which have been used lately by everyone for everything…but especially for tequatl kills.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

As an avid opponent of anything tequatlish, I’m very pleased indeed.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

Honestly, the 30 minutes is excessive. I think 5 minutes would have been alot more reasonable. The things we use the pets on are bosses that end up killing the pet in one or two hits anyway.

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

This just kittenes me off.

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

They did cause a lot of lag though, whenever you had 20-30 embers launching lava fonts all at the same time my screen would crawl. but yeah, we used them on more than tequatl…I was just saying that this will drastically change that battle since they were relied upon to get the DPS needed to take down Teq.

Posted by: DaGhostDS.9738

DaGhostDS.9738

Was expecting that one.. in October. Be happy you had the Fire Ele for that long. :P

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Anet, if you think spamming embers makes Teq too easy, at least admit it and don’t make up BS about performance issues.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Anet, if you think spamming embers makes Teq too easy, at least admit it and don’t make up BS about performance issues.

It was causing performance issues. Not sure why you ever failed to realize that.

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Well now I guess Tequatl completions will be even harder than before. Thanks Anet…

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

People still fight Cumquat?

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Bugabuga.9721

@Vol: I presume the graphical performance issues? Or just due to the fact that everyone spawned them at the same time? That is not going to change, it’s just now people will only spawn them during particular phase of Teq fight. Plus, I also wonder if it gets reset when you travel to another map or not (i.e. if you switched from Sparkly Fen to Cursed Shore, are you allowed to use it again or do you need to wait for global 30m cooldown)

Also apparently affects seed turret item too. Even though it’s not a pet at all :P (well, maybe it’s a “pet rock” type of a pet?)

Paradox.5498

It was causing performance issues. Not sure why you ever failed to realize that.

Right, dunno why I never realized that during the 70+ Teq kills I joined, with hard-capped maps full of embers.

Vol.7601

@Vol: I presume the graphical performance issues? Or just due to the fact that everyone spawned them at the same time? That is not going to change, it’s just now people will only spawn them during particular phase of Teq fight. Plus, I also wonder if it gets reset when you travel to another map or not (i.e. if you switched from Sparkly Fen to Cursed Shore, are you allowed to use it again or do you need to wait for global 30m cooldown)

Also apparently affects seed turret item too. Even though it’s not a pet at all :P (well, maybe it’s a “pet rock” type of a pet?)

Overall it’ll make the experience better.

Before this change, you’d have Ele’s being spawned at the start and at each vulnerable phase (which is the phase where graphical lag is at it’s worst since everyone is DPS’ing).

After this change, it’ll be only at the start, so throughout the rest of the way it will be easier.

Vol.7601

Right, dunno why I never realized that during the 70+ Teq kills I joined, with hard-capped maps full of embers.

Maybe cause in the heat of the moment, you can’t even tell the difference between 10 FPS and 2 FPS.

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Maybe cause in the heat of the moment, you can’t even tell the difference between 10 FPS and 2 FPS.

I got 7 fps, with or without embers – doesn`t matter to my pc, maybe it`s server performance, but I`m not quit sure about that…

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

Paradox.5498

Then what was the problem?

Bugabuga.9721

@Dwaynas Avatar The biggest performance problem I have is usually during Lyssa event, sometimes on the cannon FPS drops to about 1 to 2 (while regular is about 20+) and then the same thing when facing “that” direction in the center. But there were no fire elementals there, only purple gorillas slinging invisible digestion byproducts
Hopefully this mega-nerf is reduced to more reasonable time or limit removed completely when new performance improvements are rolled out

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I guess reskinning the embers was too hard? This is assuming the reason they stated for the nerf is the true reason for the nerf.