High difficulty = good

High difficulty = good

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Just tried the wurm boss. We had a full map and we weren’t even close.

I think that’s great. Because we all know we are still just trying to figure out how it all works.

If you can figure it all out in a few hours, it’s dull within a few days.

It might end up truly being too difficult, but it’s too soon to make that call IMO.

Fun event too… well, except for the visual spam making it hard to see anything, as usual.

High difficulty = good

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

The only difficult part about big zerg content is having 0 control who you do it with. Liadri was difficult content if you ask me I didn’t have to rely on mouth breathers. Might as well rename it to zerg wars 2

(edited by RoRo.8270)

High difficulty = good

Posted by: class.4802

class.4802

Big fan aswel, at least updates like these force people to interact with one another. It’s an MMO afterall and not singleplayer game.

High difficulty = good

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

High Difficulty content is indeed good.

High Difficulty content that’s in the Open World, where you have to fadangle the Over Flow in order to cherry pick people that aren’t going to be terrible and screw the event up for everyone is not good.

These fights, as I have said all day, need to be in an instance, not in the world.

High difficulty = good

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

High difficulty is good if you can choose who you do it with. Making 100 people fail because 10 people don’t want to participate and just stand there is not good.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

High difficulty = good

Posted by: Matlock.3421

Matlock.3421

High difficulty? You mean random people get teleported to some champ, they fail…and there’s nothing I can do about it?

High difficulty = good

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I only want to make one statement regarding the new ideology around open world “raid” type bosses, such as the worms and Tequatl.

The concept around challenging, strategic content is sound and I wholeheartedly agree, but when you take fights such as these and require many players to coordinate together without the proper in game tools, then it becomes more of a finger pointing contest than anything else.

You shouldn’t need 3rd party VoIP to do these bosses, which in most cases is always needed (I think VoIP is the way to go for any in game content personally). Also having a requirement of so many players to achieve one of these world events is also a downfault.

In a nutshell it’s easier to organize a 5-16 man party for an instanced boss/event, than it is an open world server full of random players. You also have the issue of long ques /overflows and wait times for these bosses if you want to even get in, requiring guild runs to be hopefully set up on a overflow, and hope you have a big enough guild to even achieve that after a couple months.

All and all the design and goal for the bosses is fantastic, but the reality is not.

Sorry.

High difficulty = good

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Very valid points, Antara.

High difficulty = good

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

This is an MMO. If you dont like working with random people, than play the original Skyrim which is designed to be single player and not have to work with others.

VoIP isnt necceessary. Keep believe that lie because it was said about Teq “WE NEED TS NO FAIR” but ive been in JQ Main Sparkfly several times, a few times with no commander even, and we beat Teq. Just requires training, patience, not making fun of people who ask questions, and the most important – Time. Sure VoiP increases the chances of success vastly, but its not required. However, GW1 was always a social game and imo GW2 could and should be also.

Its not designed for you to sit home listening to music eating cupcakes spamming 1 never making any connections. Most servers have their TS open to the public and itll take time before their are commanders and guilds willing to lead because they are unsure of tactics right now.

Once they gain confidence to sucessfully lead a team, there will be an increase in succeeds, leadership abilities, TS etc.

BG opened its TS to public for Teq kills and this worked great. TTS is a pro guild with Teq who when I played with them never had a problem with me pugging alongside of them , not being in their teamspeak.

Right now just no one has the “perfect” strategy and doesnt want to lead people into TS etc if its just gonna fail. Once people can plan accordingly, they will be more agressive in organizing and pushing people to do the right things.

People are trying their best, if you can do better, lead like several individuals and guilds have done. If you think you know more than the current commander/leaders doing the event, im sure they would be open to suggestions or pinning down if you took over.

In the meantime, no one is really out to sabotage the event, people do what they can to the best of their abilities without making it a chore, while having fun. Its an eye opener for sure to how bad of a build or weapon choice certain players make but i wont go too far on this point cept : Run zerk/scholer warriors pls

High difficulty = good

Posted by: Wheezy.2846

Wheezy.2846

People are trying their best, if you can do better, lead like several individuals and guilds have done. If you think you know more than the current commander/leaders doing the event, im sure they would be open to suggestions or pinning down if you took over.

In the meantime, no one is really out to sabotage the event, people do what they can to the best of their abilities without making it a chore, while having fun. Its an eye opener for sure to how bad of a build or weapon choice certain players make but i wont go too far on this point cept : Run zerk/scholer warriors pls

Yup, I agree. I like the difficulty, and while it might be harder to organize a full open world server over an instanced version, it makes us talk to each other, teach new people how to work with the mechanics, and when we do finally start beating these events, rewarding. People used to whine that the content was too easy, and now that we have to try more than twice, we whine again. I think this is good content personally, and have thoroughly enjoyed chatting with my server on how to go about these bosses all day.

High difficulty = good

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

While I like that we have difficult world bosses Hard =/= Good. it never has. Fun = Good.

I could tell you to play the entire game with lvl1 gear. Is that good? well it should be if hard = good.

Right now the wurm fight seems ok dunno if it’s really all that fun. i like Teq more since it isn’t just: Need Difficulty? more Adds. Lots of Damage. Also, the recycled lvl 1 mob skins? really? wow… talk about not interesting.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

High difficulty = good

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Darksun, I understand what your saying but there are different Elements to making encounters hard.

I belive the Organization is the element which makes encounters Hard and Good. Having them just be difficult isnt fun as your point proves, but when the difficulty is because of a lack of organization, this is what makes it good.

High difficulty = good

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’d disagree that hard content automatically equals good content. Being one shotted isn’t fun, especially if there’s no way of seeing it coming while in a large raid. When the dev’s arbitrarily replace or remove abilities that have worked and should work, just for the sake of adding difficulty, it’s pretty annoying. So far in this patch, there are certainly annoyances.

Though I do like having something for a whole map pop to work on.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

High difficulty = good

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Darksun, I understand what your saying but there are different Elements to making encounters hard.

I belive the Organization is the element which makes encounters Hard and Good. Having them just be difficult isnt fun as your point proves, but when the difficulty is because of a lack of organization, this is what makes it good.

Meh. I don’t think that’s necessarily true either. You could play content that you & your buddies are doing great at because you have high skill.. then whoops, I come in & eff it all up for you cuz I suck.

At any rate, my whole point is Hard =/= Good. That’s like saying Red =/= Good. It doesn’t make sense. Yes, when something is challenging it can be rewarding or be a part of the fun but something can also be hard & annoying, cheap, boring & lame. Hard doesn’t equal anything.

High difficulty = good

Posted by: eloqen.8297

eloqen.8297

It is actually incredibly fun working out these events and teaching what we know to other people to get different perspectives and ideas.

Yeah, it does get really, really frustrating when a pug decides, oh I won’t jump on teamspeak and will do exactly the opposite of what the commander asked everyone to do, but that makes it all the more sweet when you finally get the boss down.

IMO the most frustrating thing is having a really good run at something and time running out. We had all wurms down to <50% health (7th run? I think) and bam, time up. Makes it harder to figure out exactly how much deeps is needed to down them :P

High difficulty = good

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Guild instance, not random world with random people who randomly fail