Let me get this straight...

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I have to wait 2 hours for the event to spawn… fine I can at least sit here and read a book while I afk.

We have to defend the 5 portals… still fine, good teamwork and coordination but nothing too tricky.

But if there is a single level 20 who doesn’t even know how to dodge let alone kill a champ… the entire event fails and I have to wait another 2 hours?

That is just absurd. How can you possibly think that a zone wide event should be entirely dependent on a group of 4 level 10’s who don’t even know how to auto attack? I finished my champ in 30 seconds and had to sit there and watch for a full 90 seconds as this group of level 20’s did no damage and just ran in circles. I could have killed all 5 champs in that time. But nope, whole zone failed because of that group.

At the very least allow us to jump over to another circle once we finish our own. If you want to make a raid where each individual has to pass a competency test that would be great, but this is an open world event and random noobs can just walk in and fail the entire zone.

tldr; lvl 10 noobs shouldn’t be able to fail an entire zone because they suck.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

More nails in the coffin

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I’m more concerned about the sickness that happens when we die in the portal.

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Someone in my lane got put in alone against a champ and he still did more damage than the five next to him.

Heh.

Disciple of Quag

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

Agreed.

If Anet is going to insist on splitting groups up into five platforms, than we should be able to indirectly aid them in some way when our Champ is dead. Killing a generator adds an additional 30 seconds, or being able to move to another platform, anything is better than sitting here and relying wholly on a bunch of other players that may or may not be as geared or skilled as your group.

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

Yeah, assuming a huge mass of randoms will be able to do all of this stuff at once is pretty outrageous.

The boss needs to have its
- Cannon charge either be A LOT slower, or reset when you take down a chain, which seems fair.
- Make the portal charge faster, or at least make it more clear how fast it is. Is it on a timer? Does the number of enemies we kill matter?
-Yeah, we need a way to help other zones. All sorts of problems could happen
- Make it more clear how the hell we destroy the chains in the first place. I THINK it has something to do with all 5 groups taking out their guardian, but the game doesn’t tell you.
- MORE TESTING. These problems could easily have been seen by placing unfamiliar testers into the environment.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Yeah, assuming a huge mass of randoms will be able to do all of this stuff at once is pretty outrageous.

The boss needs to have its
- Cannon charge either be A LOT slower, or reset when you take down a chain, which seems fair.
- Make the portal charge faster, or at least make it more clear how fast it is. Is it on a timer? Does the number of enemies we kill matter?
-Yeah, we need a way to help other zones. All sorts of problems could happen
- Make it more clear how the hell we destroy the chains in the first place. I THINK it has something to do with all 5 groups taking out their guardian, but the game doesn’t tell you.
- MORE TESTING. These problems could easily have been seen by placing unfamiliar testers into the environment.

Think of this as tower defense.
Watchwork enemies go in, laser charges. Keep watchwork enemies out, laser doesn’t charge/decharges. Therefore, watchwork enemies > main target.
Gates open one after another starting with bottom lane, going up to the top lane. Top lane obviously has to hold out for the longest time before they can first enter.

Posted by: Shrapnel.9804

Shrapnel.9804

The lazer also charges when ‘cut the chains’ events are failed. We just had a run where things were going swimmingly except half the chain attempts failed. We managed to cut two and fail about 4 or 5 before a final failure filled the bar and killed us all.

It’s actually pretty fun when everyone has an understanding of what to do (15-20 per tunnel, no exceptions, only the most combat savvy use the center portals, etc.)

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I remember when Teq was also impossible. People get on the forums after EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH. and claim its impossible. Seriously just wait a week until everyone learns the encounter.

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

I remember when Teq was also impossible. People get on the forums after EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH. and claim its impossible. Seriously just wait a week until everyone learns the encounter.

The difference was Teq was a permanent addition. This is a two week addition. Players won’t have the opportunity to do this encounter after the first week, once people get their achievement and inevitably stop running it.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is different from Teq for a couple of reasons

1. This only lasts 2 weeks, there is no time to let them learn, they need to just not suck.

2. While everyone needed to contribute for teq, you ultimately just needed to stand on the zerg and autoattack. Here you need to kill a champ with 1-5 people and if you die game over. It requires a much higher level of skill on the individual level meaning quite literally one person can fail the entire zone.

Posted by: Cevilo.7862

Cevilo.7862

the biggest issue here is how easily it would to kitten this event. it really doesn’t take much to mess this up and it’s kind of discouraging.

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

You can have people change lanes/paths to help the ones currently in the energy fields once their Sickness timer is over. After all, you roughly only need 20-25 people to defend, a few leaving would not dent the defense that much, while their help on the platforms will be invaluable.

Thus, it’s no longer dependent on that one lv 20 newbie. It becomes how organized your map can be to pitch in for that one weak platform.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

The trollers will come soon

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

On the other hand I had great fun yesterday, in WvW.