Lets see video of the devs completing event

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: possessed.2036

possessed.2036

I think the title says it all.
Lets see them do the events in this last patch as a team.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Hear, hear! I’ll wager they can’t do it without using some sort of developer magic coding powers.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

In be4 no scaling and they actually succeed.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

People complain there isn’t enough hard content in the game and the moment they add a hard fight people complain that the content is too hard.

The Wurm is supposed to be hard to beat. Several groups have gotten kitten close. Comparatively the Marionette is far easier and has been beaten several times on different servers.

Serious guys, the devs cant seem to win here.

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

People complain there isn’t enough hard content in the game and the moment they add a hard fight people complain that the content is too hard.

Hmm, that’s funny, I don’t recall making this complaint at all…

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

If you can claim to be more than one person who writes every single complaint, then that might matter. If not, then you were simply satisfied with the content while others weren’t.

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

Your previous post was about being a casual saying it was impossible for you to complete the tequatl like events. I’m not sure why you cant do it when all you have to do is guest to other servers. Ive completed it on my home server Ehmry Bay and on other servers as a guest. Its not impossible for anyone to do unless you are way below the level range of the area the event is in.

Lutinz is right. People wanted hard content and Arenanet created it. Now some want to say that its to hard. If they make it to easy people will zerg it and say its to easy. I’m not sure what they can do to please these people. The worm boss will be in game permanently so players have all the time in the world to learn the fight.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Me neither.

If I recall, there was a rather large group of players complaining about Teq and TA:Aether being too hard as well.

Comes back to the argument, if I had wanted WoW style raiding and coordination, I would have stayed playing WoW. Besides, the people that the fight is being designed for are just going to up and leave to go to Wildstar in a few months anyway.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Your previous post was about being a casual saying it was impossible for you to complete the tequatl like events. I’m not sure why you cant do it when all you have to do is guest to other servers. Ive completed it on my home server Ehmry Bay and on other servers as a guest. Its not impossible for anyone to do unless you are way below the level range of the area the event is in.

The one time I decided to try Teq was when I saw a guild openly organizing in Lion’s Arch, recruiting people during primetime. I thought, “Hey! There’s my ticket to finally complete this event!”

But, boy, was I wrong.

They tell me to show up early, so I do, but apparently 20 minutes early still isn’t enough, and I end up in overflow. Overflow gets it’s kitten beaten. After the event is done, I return to Lion’s Arch only to discover that the organized run, despite being full to the brim – with a competent guild at the helm on teamspeak – failed to beat him.

So yes, my only recourse is to do hard research about which servers and guilds do it regularly, find out which ones actually have a high chance of success, make contact with the guilds in question, coordinate my time zones with theirs, show up on time (and probably a minimum of 30-45 minutes early), download teamspeak, install teamspeak, get the passwords to their teamspeak server, and then – THEN – after all of that – possibly – I have a chance to complete it. Once.

But probably we’ll lose anyway.

I’ll reiterate: I am a casual player and I don’t have time for all that bullcrap, nor do I find any of that bullcrap fun to go through.

(edited by BatsLoveCaves.5768)

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Lutinz is right. People wanted hard content and Arenanet created it. Now some want to say that its to hard. If they make it to easy people will zerg it and say its to easy. I’m not sure what they can do to please these people. The worm boss will be in game permanently so players have all the time in the world to learn the fight.

This. Before the Teq update I remember seeing so many threads about how everything was too easy. Anet is trying to please their entire playerbase, including the people who wanted more hardcore content. There are still TONS of more casual friendly content out there, far outweighing the hard content. And this MMO, though it can be grindy and does include some hard content, is by far the most casual friendly MMO I have played.

If people killed these bosses as soon as they launched (didn’t marionette go down the first night?), we would see more people complaining that the LS content is always too easy. Hell, in my opinion, I still see marionette as pretty casual-friendly. There are really only two perma world bosses that have any real difficulty. One is still killed multiple times a day, the other was just released.

As said before, Anet is trying to please all groups of people, PVE and PVP, casual and hardcore, and just can’t win. Which is unfortunate, because in my own opinion, I think they did pretty well in doing so, and are continuing and improving this.

Edit: And just to add, I have not killed the wurm boss. I’m okay with this, and don’t expect to for quite some time, if ever. Let those people that get enjoyment out of coming up with specific strategies to complete puzzling and difficult content have their fun too. If it wasn’t fun for them, they would not be doing it.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

(edited by Lindelle.3718)