Look familiar?

Look familiar?

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Terry Bogard.6950

Terry Bogard.6950

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-05/gwf-concept-puppet1.html

No? Of course not. GW Factions concept art! =D I knew I’d seen something like it before. I think bringing back ideas that never made it to fruition in past events (or engine/workload limitations) is so dang awesome. I hope even more long lost ideas make it into the game!

I have a lot of high hopes for things in GW2 that have relevance to the past. Both in lore and in the creative process.

An example I would love to see is: the location where the derelict transporter at The Scar in the Crystal Desert become significant and explorable.

Random note: My favorite area in GW1 was the Arid Sea. I love that lonely vastness (like Shadow of the Colossus) and the views, and the mystery found there in the rotting cities (like the Ancient Weapon found in an old alley), the massive bones of an ancient creature, and the super awesome transport to Elona’s Crystal Overlook (absolutely LOVE how you can see the giant statue from Elona).

Sorry, one more thing. I really enjoy taking before and after pictures of Tyria! I have a fair collection of GW1 locations and what they now look like in GW2. I LOVE it when attention to details is paid to old lore and locations. When things match up, it’s surreal for me (kinda like Zelda’s Link to the Past VS Link Between Worlds). When they don’t, it’s a bit sad, but still fascinating how things have changed over the years. At those times I wish some (even vague) references to events in between were made to show what made the changes. I suppose the earthquakes and flooding count though. I would love to find another person’s collection, but I haven’t seen one on the Net. Anyone seen anything like that? I’d post them publicly, but I don’t really have my own site and don’t really have the desire to make one exactly yet. But I would like to share if folks have an interest in such things.

Attachments:

Look familiar?

Posted by: egan.2751

egan.2751

bring back abaddon !

80 ele/80 mes/80 guar/80 war/80 sin/80 ranger,22 necro
piken square

Look familiar?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I had totally forgotten about that art. Nice catch.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Look familiar?

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

Holy crap that’s from factions. That’s pretty beast.

Look familiar?

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Factions confirmed? Half Life 3 confirmed? Nintendo Thwii confirmed?

Hello Kitty Island Adventure HD confirmed?

Look familiar?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Factions confirmed? Half Life 3 confirmed? Nintendo Thwii confirmed?

Hello Kitty Island Adventure HD confirmed?

I’m at work don’t make me laugh. >.>

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Look familiar?

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

I was watching a video on Wooden Potatoes YouTube the other day and he was talking about something from the original Guild Wars that was meant to be a new expansion but never came, then some of the stuff is being used now in GW2. Can’t remember exactly what he was talking about, though.

Also, if you decide to upload your collection on here or another site then I’d love to take a look at them. I didn’t play the original Guild Wars so I would like to see comparisons of then-and-now areas within Tyria. It’s always good to see how things evolve.

Look familiar?

Posted by: Illi.3647

Illi.3647

I think he was talking about similar art. It´s here somewhere too. Maybe it was this art, but deffinetely something looking like this

Look familiar?

Posted by: Neishi.5309

Neishi.5309

I think the planned expansion for GW1 was called Utopia, but it got scrapped and parts of it were incorporated into EotN. There’s some really cool concept art from it that would be awesome to add to GW2.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Utopia

Look familiar?

Posted by: Terry Bogard.6950

Terry Bogard.6950

Well, I have them as .jpg screenshots from GW1 and then GW2 from the same angle and direction. Things don’t quite match up perfectly since everything in GW2 is bigger and grander. Also, the camera heights and thresholds are a bit different which makes some shots more difficult to match up. Although I go for as much accuracy as possible from old to current states, sometimes I just try to make things easily visible.

If I could attach many screenshots I would likely post them with a short commentary about where each one was taken n’ such. I believe I can only post one attachment at a time. I’m pretty sure if I posted a screenshot of GW1 with the location and posted again for the corresponding GW2 shot with commentary I might get flagged for abuse after a while. Perhaps? I don’t know. I’d hate to go through the work for nothing.