Mari dodge achieves

Mari dodge achieves

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Can someone confirm or deny these achieves being bugged? I have dodged maris atks and no achieve pops. So far the stomp and kick i have confirmed dodges on and no achieve

Update: here i return a victorious dodge champion. After many tries and staying up late i got all the achieves for that robo stripper mari.
Just keep showing up to the event until you get it. It wasnt fun farming it out like i did but its outta the way. Good luck fellow achieve hunters

(edited by Aarean.5398)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

In order to complete these achievements you have to succeed the Warden event (the entire event up on the platforms) without being hit by the Marionette. If you are hit, you don’t get it. If you fail the event, you don’t get it. Stay sharp and break that chain and you’ll have it.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

That’s a joke… right?

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

In order to complete these achievements you have to succeed the Warden event (the entire event up on the platforms) without being hit by the Marionette. If you are hit, you don’t get it. If you fail the event, you don’t get it. Stay sharp and break that chain and you’ll have it.

So..in order to get what should be simple achievements, we have to not only complete the event without taking any damage from the Marionette while also dealing with the Champion Boss on our platform, but also rely on the other four groups to not fail their events, otherwise we get no credit what so ever.

…Oh sweet mother of poorly thought out achievements. Welp, guess I’ll be doing the Daily for the LS each day in order to get enough to credit to finish the meta.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, that would have to be a joke.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Good, this game hands out too many free achievements. We need more titles/achievements that require difficult feats, with reward points to match.

This is a well designed achievement. It encourages you to actually try to do well at the event, in stead of chasing some meta gizmo that can actively hurt it. (I’m looking at you tequatl chest/failure achievements)

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Mari dodge achieves

Blade Syphon.4325

So..in order to get what should be simple achievements, we have to not only complete the event without taking any damage from the Marionette while also dealing with the Champion Boss on our platform, but also rely on the other four groups to not fail their events, otherwise we get no credit what so ever.

…Oh sweet mother of poorly thought out achievements. Welp, guess I’ll be doing the Daily for the LS each day in order to get enough to credit to finish the meta.

I read that as dodge + complete just the warden event, rather than just warden and Marionette event completion. Seems harsh if you do the work and the rest is out of your control otherwise

Yeah that’s what I was referring too. Essentially even if your platform manages to pull off a victory on the event, you still have to rely on four other parties you have no control over to complete their platforms as well in order to get the success of the achievement.

And since the Boss continues to attack while you wait on them, it means you have a chance to fail there as well while you wait for others to finish…That does not make for fun, or enjoyable, content in the slightest.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You expected fun and enjoyable???? Bwahahahaha…..
;)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I read that as dodge + complete just the warden event, rather than just warden and Marionette event completion. Seems harsh if you do the work and the rest is out of your control otherwise

Yeah that’s what I was referring too. Essentially even if your platform manages to pull off a victory on the event, you still have to rely on four other parties you have no control over to complete their platforms as well in order to get the success of the achievement.

And since the Boss continues to attack while you wait on them, it means you have a chance to fail there as well while you wait for others to finish…That does not make for fun, or enjoyable, content in the slightest.

Yeah you may be right actually – I wasn’t sure if it was just your own’s lanes event or all 5 events once I re-read what I wrote

Mari dodge achieves

Blade Syphon.4325

Good, this game hands out too many free achievements. We need more titles/achievements that require difficult feats, with reward points to match.

This is a well designed achievement. It encourages you to actually try to do well at the event, in stead of chasing some meta gizmo that can actively hurt it. (I’m looking at you tequatl chest/failure achievements)

Except this achievement has almost no bearing on your individual skill what so ever. If the other people on the platforms fail, you do not get credit for the achievement, even if your platform kicks butt, takes names, and you dodge everything ever.

If this was a personal thing of “You need to kill the champion and generator without taking damage on your platform to get credit”, I’d be inclined to agree with you.

Having to wait on four other groups that you can’t help or interact with to complete their platforms in order for you to get credit on yours is not an intelligent decision, at all, especially for content that’s temporary.

It’s basically forcing people to either have the luck of the saints in order to pull these off, or more accurately, give players a reason to come back every day to do a daily achievement for the LS to get credit for the meta, which in turn makes Anet look good in front of NCsoft and their investors, as they can turn around and say “look at how often people are logging into the game!”

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Arkanaloth.3059

Arkanaloth.3059

wow…. just… wow, on multiple levels. Maybe not impossible, but not many steps shy of sheer luck either… :-\

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

In order to complete these achievements you have to succeed the Warden event (the entire event up on the platforms) without being hit by the Marionette. If you are hit, you don’t get it. If you fail the event, you don’t get it.

Attachments:

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

If you put this kind of content in a year ago no one would have bothered. I’m ready to start paying a sub again. Some people just want to play your kitten game…

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Mari dodge achieves

Arkanaloth.3059

I’m beginning to think the title of this content “Origins of Maddness” may apply more to the eventual state of the player base as opposed to the in-game content itself…. This is just… wow, I’m actually at a loss for words. O.o

Mari dodge achieves

Blade Syphon.4325

I’m beginning to think the title of this content “Origins of Maddness” may apply more to the eventual state of the player base as opposed to the in-game content itself…. This is just… wow, I’m actually at a loss for words. O.o

Well they did say these final four LS updates would change Tyria forever. A mass exodus of players leaving because they’re finally fed up with Anet’s complete lack of understanding of what their player base wants would qualify for a world changing event.

Mari dodge achieves

Arkanaloth.3059

I suppose…

Thing is I loved GW1, yeah it was tough sometimes but it never felt difficult simply for the sake of being soul-crushing. I always felt as though strategic analysis of a situation could yield positive results (and more often than not they did).

I can’t say the same for GW2…

Mari dodge achieves

PopeUrban.2578

Except this achievement has almost no bearing on your individual skill what so ever. If the other people on the platforms fail, you do not get credit for the achievement, even if your platform kicks butt, takes names, and you dodge everything ever.

If this was a personal thing of “You need to kill the champion and generator without taking damage on your platform to get credit”, I’d be inclined to agree with you.

Having to wait on four other groups that you can’t help or interact with to complete their platforms in order for you to get credit on yours is not an intelligent decision, at all, especially for content that’s temporary.

It’s basically forcing people to either have the luck of the saints in order to pull these off, or more accurately, give players a reason to come back every day to do a daily achievement for the LS to get credit for the meta, which in turn makes Anet look good in front of NCsoft and their investors, as they can turn around and say “look at how often people are logging into the game!”

I’ll counter that achievements like this one actually do a lot more to raise the general skill floor, and I really believe that they do. People who are there simply to farm an achievement get fed up and leave, while people that really want to work for it are encouraged to not just be good at the event, but to be awesome at it.

My personal opinion is that all achievements should commemorate not just doing something a lot, but doing something well. GW2 is unique in its use of achievements since the chests, and so it comes down to “where do we put the achievement point reward” Group events, despite being ‘drop in’ affairs are still cooperative content.

As long as the point reward is reasonable for the difficulty, I don’t see a problem with it, provided the desired achievement has a reasonable shelf life, and isn’t absolutely required to unlock other content.

Also keep in mind that this is day one of a new encounter, and like any new encounter in any MMO ever, the first few days are simply going to be FUBAR while people learn the fight.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

So..in order to get what should be simple achievements….

Why on earth are you starting with the assumption that achievements should be simple?

I’m happy to have something that’s more personally challenging than “Stand in a zerg while the event gets completed by those all around you then repeat 4 more times.”

Though I do agree with your later comments about getting it done yourself, but failing to get the achievement because other people don’t hold up their end.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

(edited by Facepunch.5710)

Mari dodge achieves

Blade Syphon.4325

Why on earth are you starting with the assumption that achievements should be simple?

I’m happy to have something that’s more personally challenging than “Stand in a zerg while the event gets completed by those all around you then repeat 4 more times.”

Though I do agree with your later comments about getting it done yourself, but failing to get the achievement because other people don’t hold up their end.

Oh I don’t know, maybe because for a whopping 5 achievement points, and with a description that says “Avoid the twisted Marionette’s X attack”, one would assume it means to simply dodge the attack.

Perhaps if the achievement read “Avoid the Marionettes attacks and complete the event”, and award more than 5 or 10 points, you might have an argument. But for most people, when they read an achievement that, quite literally says to simply dodge an attack, for most people that means dodge out of the way of the attack.

And again, I have no problems with an achievement being kitten a personal skill level, or when I have the ability to help my fellow party members out. I do, however, take problem when an achievement requires me to dodge attacks, as well as wait for four other groups, of which I have no control over or have any ability to aid what so ever.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

Guys, please keep in mind that he said “the warden event” (“the entire event up on the platforms”) and there was no mention of other players in order to get credit for the achievement. It would indeed be way too difficult if you have to complete the whole marionette event AND other players had to dodge as well in order to get the achievement.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Simple and achievement don’t really make sense in the same sentence.

Mari dodge achieves

Squee Squashington.5189

They do when you market content towards an entire player-base not just the elitists.

This is literally worse than the combo-field killing blow daily, as well as the worst world event since the Teq revamp…

(edited by Squee Squashington.5189)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

So I don’t get hit, my platform is successful with its bit, but some other platform fails so I don’t get my achievement…

Seriously?

Sorry, but that is very poorly thought out. :/ Especially given this is temporary content.

Mari dodge achieves

PopeUrban.2578

They do when you market content towards an entire player-base not just the elitists.

This is literally worse than the combo-field killing blow daily, as well as the worst world event since the Teq revamp…

How is this relevant?

Achievements are not content, the fight is the content. Achievements are rewards, and what’s more there is already a system in place so that people who can’t or won’t do specific LS achievements can get the time limited meta rewards just by doing a few more dailies.

Furthermore, until fights like tequatl, queen’s gauntlet, high fractal levels, etc. the game wasn’t pushing content toward a very specific set of more hardcore players. not being able to complete the content, and not being able to access it are two different things. You don’t need to grind a million prerequisites or even win anything to access every bit of content in this patch.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

It’s not even about how difficult It is to get said achievement, but how kitten they make the descriptions, it tells you one condition that needs to be met….out of like 20 different ones. That’s the one thing I’ve hated about LS, and thus, I don’t even play the content until at least a few days have passed, so I can go read Dulfy’s site and Dulfy can tell me everything Anet felt wasn’t necessary to let you know, but rather wanted to throw you through a loop and come on forums screaming BUG NEEDS FIX NAO!

A bit of a joke is it not?

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

Mari dodge achieves

PopeUrban.2578

It’s not even about how difficult It is to get said achievement, but how kitten they make the descriptions, it tells you one condition that needs to be met….out of like 20 different ones. That’s the one thing I’ve hated about LS, and thus, I don’t even play the content until at least a few days have passed, so I can go read Dulfy’s site and Dulfy can tell me everything Anet felt wasn’t necessary to let you know, but rather wanted to throw you through a loop and come on forums screaming BUG NEEDS FIX NAO!

A bit of a joke is it not?

This is true, communication could be better (and they could get a move on with that system Colin talked about so being led around by achievements is’nt how we experience the LS content)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Ionut.2307

Ionut.2307

Remember the achievement with First Mate Horrik aoe? Or maybe the Foreman Spur in Aetherpath?
And now this.
I mean, how friggin hard it is to write a proper requirement in the tooltip?
This is sad and sloppy.

Mari dodge achieves

Squee Squashington.5189

Furthermore, until fights like tequatl, queen’s gauntlet, high fractal levels, etc. the game wasn’t pushing content toward a very specific set of more hardcore players. not being able to complete the content, and not being able to access it are two different things. You don’t need to grind a million prerequisites or even win anything to access every bit of content in this patch.

So let’s take content designed for “hardcore” players and push it on entire server populations of players of varying skill levels most of which don’t do 40+ fractals or kill Teq more than once per week, if that.

I’d respect your desire for more challenging endgame content if that weren’t the worst logic I’ve ever heard.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Any achievement encourages YOU to do well, but it doesn’t mean other players will want to play ball just for your achievement to ping.

Mari dodge achieves

PopeUrban.2578

So let’s take content designed for “hardcore” players and push it on entire server populations of players of varying skill levels most of which don’t do 40+ fractals or kill Teq more than once per week, if that.

I’d respect your desire for more challenging endgame content if that weren’t the worst logic I’ve ever heard.

That’s just it, the marionette event isn’t “hardcore” by any means. It’s no harder on a per group basis than a lot of world events. Within a week players will be conquering it as easily as the Balthazar temple event or Claw.

The flaw here is that it doesn’t adequately split or scale for population variances, creating some no-win 1 man lane situations at random. That is an oversight, of the sort arenanet makes far too often.

The Wurm on the other hand is intended as permanent Tequatl level fight, and it is serving its purpose.

Finally, just as there are some patches that are primarily narrative driven easy instances, there will also sometimes be patches that are primarily hard boss events, primarily dungeons, etc.

Over the past year we’ve seen plenty of support for various playstyles, several systems to ensure less active or skilled players have reachable goals and alternate methods or content. The problem is that everyone wants their specific favorite playstyle to take the focus every single patch.

The entire game was not built specifically for me, or for you, or for the esports enthusiast who plays in the mists all day every day. It was built for all of the above.

I know several people who think the narrative instances are a similar “waste of time” and thus, they skip them. How this is any different is beyond me.

Mari dodge achieves

PopeUrban.2578

Any achievement encourages YOU to do well, but it doesn’t mean other players will want to play ball just for your achievement to ping.

They don’t have to “play ball” when the achievement is well designed and doesn’t encourage doing things that directly conflict with completing the event. In this case, the achievement doesn’t ask you to do anything but be good at the event. other people trying or not trying to get it has little effect on your attempt, other people attempting to win does (positively)

If people are intentionally throwing lanes I’d recommend reporting for harassment. It’s gotten more than one person disciplined for trolling tequatl turrets.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

So when is this achievement going to degenerate into player harassment? My bet is 2-3 days.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I’m also enjoying the 10-20 second loading screen into the portals and when I finally do load, I load into a mass of red on the floor and promptly get smacked by the marionette.

Mari dodge achieves

Blade Syphon.4325

I’m also enjoying the 10-20 second loading screen into the portals and when I finally do load, I load into a mass of red on the floor and promptly get smacked by the marionette.

So get better at dodging the loading screen attack, these achievements are designed to be hard, I mean that’s why they’re called achievements.

Seriously though, joking aside, I was wondering if the loading screens were going to cause issues for people trying to do these…saddly it seems they are.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Lol dodging isent the problem. I go through the portal and get a 30 sec load screen. When it finally loads I’m already getting knocked around. So I said “kitten it” and don’t care to be stomped on.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It depends on other people that may or may not be skilled, as you don’t have control over who gets into your same overflow.

This is an achievement that would have worked in something like a 25-player instance.

You may be the best player in the world not get it.

A good achievement that shows skill will be one you can get without anyone else affecting you. Not people messing up events, not people hogging turrets and wasting their skills, not people at a lower level giving you lag and decreasing your performane with their skill spam.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Mari dodge achieves

Blade Syphon.4325

Lol dodging isent the problem. I go through the portal and get a 30 sec load screen. When it finally loads I’m already getting knocked around. So I said “kitten it” and don’t care to be stomped on.

Missed my joke, as lame as it was

I told you to dodge the loading screen attack, as in dodge role the loading screen all together.

But no, I do totally get what you’re saying, and it’s screwed up that it’s happening.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: GrayFox.2601

GrayFox.2601

Dodging isn’t the problem for me either. It’s staying connected long enough to finish the event. Considering how many people I found in overflow reporting the same issue, I’d say the achievements need to take into account both loading screen times and the fact that the servers aren’t stable. And no, it’s not just me and my ISP. Check the bug forums. Connection issues have only been getting worse.

They either need to fix their servers or stop making achievements and boss fights that can be failed simply because the instance takes too long to load or you dc.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

The achievement description is grossly incorrect then. Never getting hit by the Marionette while you are doing the Warden event AND succeeding at breaking the chain is very different from simply dodging a Marionette attack once.

On top of this the Marionette Deregulator achievement is also bugged. I’ve successfully killed four out of five of the Wardens and destroyed the power core object thing but only have credit for one of them. Could you please explain how this achievement works too? Because I’m doing what the achievement says and not getting credit…

Really this is also not the first time getting an achievement is also bugged or vastly different from what its description is. I don’t mean to be rude but could you please try to work on making the descriptions both clear and accurate so we don’t waste our time?

(edited by Lamir.6702)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I suppose…

Thing is I loved GW1, yeah it was tough sometimes but it never felt difficult simply for the sake of being soul-crushing. I always felt as though strategic analysis of a situation could yield positive results (and more often than not they did).

I can’t say the same for GW2…

Should have seen this coming when people were asking for the game to be more like Dark Souls…

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

My only issue with this is when we go through the portal and ONE person gets stuck by him/herself on a platform….there’s no way we can help him/her.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I prefer my achievements to not be dependent on the performance of others.

Except in the bedroom.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Except its exactly that – - a zergball content.. no wait its 5 zergballs content and as for personally challenging.. where.. you get your bit done and still its a fail due to aspects beyond your own skill and aptitude… and then of course the Wurm.. personally challenging content indeed…

I am glad you edited to add the agreement that contradicts your big personal statement though, nice touch

EDIT – On my personal note I actually think the content is actually not too bad, the concept is pretty good just the reward and achievements simply make it a choker, but fun all the same imo, which may not appease the achievement hunters and the lootz monkeys much though

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I prefer my achievements to not be dependent on the performance of others.

Except in the bedroom.

Hehehe spoken for truth

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

lol so thats why .. again Anet in a nutshell i was not going to bother with Elder scrolls but each time i look at Anet and there dev videos or patches.. i get more irritated with this game. they allready forceing players to Guest to do the events… and now this gee…
Also next time write the description better ex Avoid the twisted marionettes stomp dose not say anything you cant fail any of the platforms

give me a new game allready…

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

(edited by Busko.7408)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Can I report this post for trolling? I can’t imagine this is anything but a blatant troll attempt.

I have completed my event every single time. I even duoed it once with another guy. I did all that while also not getting hit by the attacks for the achivement…

What do I get to show for it? Nothing, because a group of level 12’s who don’t know about dodge or utilities fails it every single time.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Guys, please keep in mind that he said “the warden event” (“the entire event up on the platforms”) and there was no mention of other players in order to get credit for the achievement. It would indeed be way too difficult if you have to complete the whole marionette event AND other players had to dodge as well in order to get the achievement.

Blacky, he did say you have to finish the warden event, to complete it all 5 platforms need to kill their champ and console. If 4/5 platforms kill their champ but the 5th does not, no dice.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

Here is a question:

• Imagine two players.
  • Player A plays perfect. He dodges the Marionette every single time, but gets his achievement denied by another platform screwing up.
  • Player B is bad. He doesn’t know how to dodge and thus gets killed by the champion. However he lucks out and dies without the Marionette hitting him and the other players finish the encounter. Thus he gets the achievement.
  • Who earned the achievement?

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Here is a question:

• Imagine two players.
  • Player A plays perfect. He dodges the Marionette every single time, but gets his achievement denied by another platform screwing up.
  • Player B is bad. He doesn’t know how to dodge and thus gets killed by the champion. However he lucks out and dies without the Marionette hitting him and the other players finish the encounter. Thus he gets the achievement.
  • Who earned the achievement?

Probably B.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Small update: to get credit for the “Marionette Deregulator” Achievement, you not only have to defeat the power regulator warden on your platform, your entire group must succeed at breaking the current chain.