Mari dodge achieves

Mari dodge achieves

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

I think this is bugged in some way.

I have an SSD so load in straight away, I dodge whatever mari does and stay unhit for the whole event, and finish the event (cut the chain) successfully, and nothing happens.

Many, many times.

All lanes.

All I’ve done over the past week is run Mari – and I still have none of these dodge achieves.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: feydriva.8047

feydriva.8047

Is invulnerability considered as a dodge or not ? With mesmer, i used distortion to"evade"
At the end, success but not rewarded by achievment dodge. (I took 0 damage)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

If you’re downed by the champions damage you won’t get the dodge achievements.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I have an SSD so load in straight away, I dodge whatever mari does and stay unhit for the whole event, and finish the event (cut the chain) successfully, and nothing happens.

Many, many times.

All lanes.

All I’ve done over the past week is run Mari – and I still have none of these dodge achieves.

Did all 5 platforms manage to kill the warden and destroy the generators?

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

Is invulnerability considered as a dodge or not ? With mesmer, i used distortion to"evade"
At the end, success but not rewarded by achievment dodge. (I took 0 damage)

Not sure on invuln….but you don’t even need to get and “evaded” message from like actually dodging it. Theoretically one could just stay out of the marionette AOE all the time and still get it on success but of course…things generally aren’t so smooth in practice for some of the fights at least.

Seriously though I think it’s kittening awful that the achievements depend on ALL platforms winning. .

Example scenario: Say I fight Warden Regulator III. 3 platforms including mine finish while the 2 remaining fail. I dodge all the marionette attacks. I deserve the achievement quagdarnit! :P

Let me ask you this ANET…while the event is somewhat rewarding through the Cyphers, I’m sure some people (myself excluded) won’t care to do the fight much after they get all achievements. So, that said, did you consider the potential difficulty spike in getting these achievements as time goes on compounded by factors of struggling to get to your own server map possibly and due to loss of interest by some people causing overflows to be less than stellar more often than not?

I know it’s kind of common sense that achievements (requiring something beyond your own actions) will typically be acquired more easily when they first come out because all the avid players that care about them will want to get a kick start on them, but I still think it’s just very very bad forcing the need for ALL FIVE platforms to succeed or else kitten all matters.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think that invulnerability/blocks does not count towards the achievement. You must either evade the attack, or not be in the area at all when the attack lands.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Many, many times.

All lanes.

I agree. I’ve ran this event many times – enough times to collect enough fragments to open all 5 boxes on 5 different characters. I KNOW without a doubt that went several times successfully through the boss event, with the lane succeeding, without getting downed and without getting hit by Mari’s attacks and not gotten an achievement . . . on more than one boss.

Its bugged to hell and back.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: feydriva.8047

feydriva.8047

Ok, i tried w/o invulnerability, got achievement, I guess this buff cancel your chance for achievement on warden IV.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

So in the end, I was unable to get the dodge achievement for Warden IV… Out of 17 fights, around 2/3 never even got past the second or third wardens, so I was unable to even attempt the achievement. Of the remaining times, I fought Warden IV during 3 of them. In 2 of those I was hit or downed during the load screen and thus was denied the achievement before I could even control my character. In the 1 good attempt I played well, avoided the attacks, and killed the Warden… only to have a different platform fail and invalidate anything I did.

I guess I can feel lucky that I got the other ones at least. I know some people were much worse off. And in the end it’s only a few achievement points. But even so, it feels poor to be repeatedly denied an achievement by multiple factors that were outside of my control.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Lucifers Heaven.2167

Lucifers Heaven.2167

I also agree this is pretty ridiculous.
As others have said; it should be based on your platform’s success, not the whole phase, getting downed by the boss should not invalidate it (which apparently is the case, despite the earlier dev comment not mentioning it), and at the VERY least, the achievement should actually tell you the requirements (can’t be downed, phase must succeed).
I realise plenty of other achievements are vague, but most of those are ones where you need to discover something. Ones like this should be fairly explicit, especially when they include unrelated caveats (such as not getting downed).
I also realise that the downed invalidation may be to make sure people don’t just get in and intentionally die to try and get the achievement. If that is the case, make defeated invalidate, not downed. Especially as many of these champs can 1 hit non-tank characters.
And yeah, requiring other platforms that you can in no way affect to succeed makes the achievement more about luck than skill.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

I’ve now beaten Warden 4 several times. I have defeated it with my thief and my ranger. Many times now, I’ve done it without being was not downed, or even hit. I did it where I’ve stood in the black and in the orange AOE and successfully evaded out before being hit. I’ve done it by stacking in the ‘safe area’ by the Regulator and dodging out whenever the orange wave attack comes.
I’m only talking about the times where all platforms defeated the Warden as well. Multiple of those times, the Marionette was beaten as well.

No Dodger achievement.

I’ve done the Marionette several times a day, every day it’s been available. I’m only missing Dodger and Muter (tho to be fair I haven’t put a real effort to do Muter as I’ve been focusing on Dodger)

What is going on?’n

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

I like difficult achievements, but it doesn’t mean “impossible if everyone except you fail”. My platform is always successful, and one platform always fail. I can try till I die, but I won’t get my achievement, how is this fair? Oh yeah, and you can’t be downed when warden dies. I guess it’s my fault that I deal damage and get aggro. Sorry, won’t happen again…
Also, my server is empty, so I need to guest every time to at least try in overflow. I completed the event over 10 times in last 2 days, and I STILL need 5th warden and 3 dodge achievements, but I physically CAN’T complete it, because apparently killing a champion is too hard for those people (however no problem in Queensdale :o). Anet only forces players to carry noobs “they fail, you fail”. Much fun, such cooperation.
Maybe if we don’t get achievements when others fail, we also should get all achievements when others succeed? Yeah, I’d like them to consider that option in next update.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

those achievements are implemented in a very good way. First of all, it stops achievement leechers from ruining the event on purpose (sPvP lurkers anyone?), as they would just dodge each platform and leave their team to wipe. Secondly, man, the average player skill level in GW2 is just sooo horrible. you see people not understanding even the most simple game mechanic even when it is explained to them thorougly and most friendly, makes you wonder if they just do that to spite those “evil elitists”. It is a good thing people have to try over and over and maybe improve a bit – hopefully. I hope we will see more harder content like this in the future, which is still very easy compared to other MMORPG´s raids.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Refeuh.8493

Refeuh.8493

It is a good thing people have to try over and over and maybe improve a bit – hopefully.

I would agree IF there was a direct link between personal skill and failing to get the achievements.

That is NOT the case here, and that is what players are complaining about.

ATM you get denied the achievements if other platforms fail ; I don’t see how any decent player doing things correctly will “improve” by trying over and over simply because he has no direct control over the skill of others… That is terrible logic.

At best you are lucky, you end up with a bunch of good players, and you do get the successes ; at worst you get extremely frustrated and tired of the same mistakes others do and you just give up.

Liadri 8 orbs was a good challenging achievement. These are not.

I am a completionist, and I like getting all the temporary achievements. I had to try the Marionette 3 to 5 times a day, every day, for the past 3 weeks, to finally get the few ones I was missing. Out of the ~100 attempts…

Many failed simply because there wasn’t enough people, and it took me several days just to just find a server / time slot where we had a chance. Also, having to camp there between events not to end up on overflow servers (some were great, some were terrible) is not the most exciting experience

Out of the few REAL attempts I was part of, many didn’t progress very far because players failed repeatedly on phases 2 and/or 3. And if I enter the portals to help with phases 2 and 3, there’s a good chance I won’t be able to enter phases 4 and 5 to get a shot at the achievements. At some point we even started to plan failure on lane 4/5 to focus on succeeding in lanes 1/2/3 in order to manage the Sickness debuff. Ridiculous.

Out of the few attempts that went to phases 4 and 5, I was denied a chance several times because of 1 crash and 3 disconnects. Bad timing, but very frustrating.

Out of the few attempts I managed to enter in phase 4 and 5, many failed because another platforms didn’t kill their warden. And because I am not perfect, one time I did fail to dodge.

Bottom line… out ot ~100 attempts, I managed to get to warden #5 less than 5 times, and was denied the success mostly because of the poor performance on other platforms.

These are NOT good achievements.

(edited by Refeuh.8493)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Refeuh.8493

Refeuh.8493

Also, in a typical MMO raid, you plan ahead, you know who you play with, you ensure players have reasonnable stats / gear / skills, etc. Basically, in a raid you prepare for the instance as a group, and you succeed or fail as a group. You control the challenge.

Here, you just end up with a bunch of random players ; some are very good, some are very bad. It’s just luck…

(edited by Refeuh.8493)

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I love these achievements, it’s like being told there’s five, unique, difficult fish in a lake, that you can try to catch. So many tactics and varying baits to use, I’ve only caught three of them… Also I don’t fish.
My issue, though, and I think ArenaNet really needs to listen to this, is that I need a better computer. I can do most of the parts myself, but clearly I need a better graphics card and motherboard. So, chop chop.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I dodged the sword attack and downed the boss as well as the other platforms and still can’t get dodger achieve. I have everything else.

Mari dodge achieves

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Thank you Anet for the buggy and unfunny dodge achieves

- spent days camping the main server lornar map, because if you try to join a map 1 hour or 30 min earlier you get kicked to overflows that don’t have enough players.

Finally in this very last run I am SURE that I was never hit by the boss’s attack, never downed but I still never got the achiev, this after countless failures due to maps never getting to the 4th boss or other platforms fail etc.

So thank you Anet for these ‘well spent’ last weeks.

It isn’t so much because it is hard, but because after being hard, it was also buggy.