Marionette event kills people not doing event

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Now this is the sort of content that really brings players together.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I think people that are intentionally trying to fail the event like Elbegast are as limited as people that have no idea what’s going on. Probably 5% or so of people are trying to intentionally ruin the event or are so bad they are the equivalent. I’m just guessing at numbers here.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Some of you are being terribly harsh to the OP. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to level or finish map completion without taking part in the event. Lornar’s Pass was there for different purposes long before the Marionette was introduced.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Some of you are being terribly harsh to the OP. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to level or finish map completion without taking part in the event. Lornar’s Pass was there for different purposes long before the Marionette was introduced.

Exactly! Marionette be Grenthed, I support the low level players.

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

People who are not even DOING the event will also get the reward which is why it should be fixed for that matter, If players on the map are not assisting the Marrionette they should just be WIPED when she failed an get no reward since their are players I have seen hiding in corners in areas leeching the kills. While the rest of us are getting the lanes set up

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Get off the map or help.

This is probably the design intent behind it, yes.
It makes sense. The event is balanced for a full map of players, as a result there needs to be an incentive to temporarily either join the event or clear the map. Exactly the instant-kill at the end.

Ofc it only works partially – people can clog the map and leave at the end. But it’s better than nothing.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

And this is why I have been constantly calling for these massive World Bosses like Teq, Mari and the GJW to scale to the number of players participating.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Can’t believe you started to talk about football. lel

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

People with the attitude “participate or GTFO” forget that there may be very good reasons for others to be in the zone without the intent to have anything to do with Mario.

As an example, our guild had the misfortune of rolling Bear Lope for a rush last Sunday. We are a community of mainly older players, with real world time constraints, so all large scale activity is planned in advance and run on a rather strict schedule to minimize time waste and the possibility that someone must log out before finishing the content.

Getting everyone in the same overflow of Lornar was already more difficult than it should be, but then it became obvious that the OF in question was almost certainly going to fail Mario in the middle of our rush and us joining the event would not change the outcome (not that we would have had the time, either).

We had to re-schedule our activities on the fly, and although we eventually managed to complete all the intended content the fact remains that having to work around detrimental game mechanics just to be able to play the game is simply bad design.

tmakinen of [SoF]

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I find the comments of “what happened- I was just leveling” hilarious.

It is not like you do not know what is happening on the map- not even if you had your head in a hole for the last week.
The commanders/ overflows and mapchat should really have been a heads up

there are many other maps to level in- it is not like you are forced to level there right now, during this LS

I am convinced these people are doing it on purpose, it is not like anyone ever leveled in Longass Pass before this event- that zone has mostly been empty for more than a year, only people who go there are Priory and they go to the Priory and leave

They do not hang around because the map is not fun, too big and a pain to navigate with nothing going on.
I see more people in Fireheart Rise than Lornar’s Pass.

Also with map cap being what it is- and the event needing 125 give or take you are actually pushing people who want to help off the map

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

It is possible to survive the green ray of death. I’ve done it once. I was in a golem and I think I might have hit the 3 skill just before it went off. Anyway, I lived and everyone else in the zone died.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It is possible to survive the green ray of death. I’ve done it once. I was in a golem and I think I might have hit the 3 skill just before it went off. Anyway, I lived and everyone else in the zone died.

You can survive if you were downed the moment ray hits. It affects only the people standing, downed players are not targeted.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

While I agree with you, I personally often ignore map chat when I’m solo-ing areas.

I am convinced these people are doing it on purpose, it is not like anyone ever leveled in Longass Pass before this event- that zone has mostly been empty for more than a year, only people who go there are Priory and they go to the Priory and leave

They do not hang around because the map is not fun, too big and a pain to navigate with nothing going on.

Not true. Lornar’s Pass is a fairly easy and linear map to gather in. You go up/down one side of the valley and return the other direction on the other side. It’s one of my personal favourite areas to gather a mixture of soft/seasoned wood and iron, silver and gold ore. And if there are more people like me, there goes your claim.

There’s also a CoF in Fireheart Rise, so your counter example is flawed.

That said, I agree with the general sentiment that players should know by now that the area is a deathtrap for these two weeks. “Play as you want” should therefore have at least the repair bill penalty if you were there and were being a little selfish/self-absorbed.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

While I agree with you, I personally often ignore map chat when I’m solo-ing areas.

Not true. Lornar’s Pass is a fairly easy and linear map to gather in. You go up/down one side of the valley and return the other direction on the other side. It’s one of my personal favourite areas to gather a mixture of soft/seasoned wood and iron, silver and gold ore. And if there are more people like me, there goes your claim.

There’s also a CoF in Fireheart Rise, so your counter example is flawed.

That said, I agree with the general sentiment that players should know by now that the area is a deathtrap for these two weeks. “Play as you want” should therefore have at least the repair bill penalty if you were there and were being a little selfish/self-absorbed.

hehe I never knew that- the gathering that is- next to Brisban Wildlands, Lornar’s Pass has to be my least favorite map in the game.
I never go there if I can help it.
I do love Fireheart Rise though and since I do not do dungeons I completely forgot COF was there

Sorry if I came over a bit harsh- I just did a couple of events who failed because we were not enough people and then got told afterwards that there were people running around on the map “leveling”

We only know this because of the “I was killed and I wasn’t there” and the" I can play were I want/ why should I help you", “I don’t do LS” comments.

Ironically the people who were the most angry were the on level players who were in the map and came over to check it out and to help

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

No harm, no foul.

We all still get to “play as we want,” but we should not be whiny brats expecting it to be at zero cost all the time.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Exactly! Marionette be Grenthed, I support the low level players.

Don’t make me laugh.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Yes, it should wipe everything. Players dead, Friendly npcs dead, hostile mobs dead…critters, you guessed it, dead!

In an interview they said this was the original intention, but all tests of it caused numerous crash bugs and the like. Would have been cool though.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.