Marionnette Lag/Disconnects Ruining Fight

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Bruiser.4189

Bruiser.4189

On Yak’s Bend the last 2-3 days, there has been something technically going wrong on the Lornar’s pass server during the Marionnette fight. Everyone on the map seems to disconnect at some point and many many people do not get credit for the fight even when we won last night.

Here’s what happens:
1. Get on the main map (and overflow as well for all I have seen)
2. You start running around and notice that your text in map chat isn’t going through, or your skills don’t activate but you have an infinite amount of dodges and can interact with NPCs, or everyone on your map stops moving except for you. You usually disconnect within 30-120 seconds after this. It is most frustrating when everyone is still moving and your skills just stop working but you can see the fight and everything going on.
3. You read about the endless amount of comments in map chat about the folks who have disconnected and are logging back in to do the fight, but don’t receive any credit towards the daily or the end chest if you win.

I don’t know what happened, but this has become an enormous problem that is sucking the fun out of a fight that I find very enjoyable and rewarding.

Are there confirmed problems officially?

The disconnects and issues like this don’t happen when Legendary Weapons leads the world boss zerg immediately after this fight on Yak’s bend.

Posted by: GuanZhong.9247

GuanZhong.9247

I have the same problem with not being able to use skills yet being able to run around. It is fixed by restarting the game, but it is frustrating to be moved to overflow and lose sometimes.

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

Even if you do reconnect, and even if you do get back to main / where you were, and even if you complete the event, YOU DON’T GET EITHER CHEST….

Just happened to me on Deso… and boy was I LIVID!! All that effort and work.. for NOTHING..

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, the Marionette fight counts participation only if you were there from start to finish. It’s really annoying.