Money? Resources? Na!

Money? Resources? Na!

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Seriously, where in the hell is scarlet getting the cash for all of this evil she’s spreading around. Aether ships, giant marionette platform, underground base, all the weapons for her soldiers, flame and frost factory… Like seriously does she have a bag of holding or some kitten?

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Seriously, where in the hell is scarlet getting the cash for all of this evil she’s spreading around. Aether ships, giant marionette platform, underground base, all the weapons for her soldiers, flame and frost factory… Like seriously does she have a bag of holding or some kitten?

Uhh, from all the alliances she’s formed?

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

She’s getting her money like we players do. Farming dungeons and places like Frostgorge.

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Yeah.
This giant floating base of hers definetly needs some explanation.
Too big, to visible
I do not care about ehre teleporting techniques.
This thing needs energy, material etc.
Someone would have picked that up. I am sorry, but i am getting on the limit of my suspension of disblief here more and more

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I heard she sold 2 Eternity’s. That’s a lot of gold.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I saw her on the Champ train in frostgorge….I think she map-chatted that she had a pre-cursor drop…Dusk I believe…she was going to sell it on the TP.

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Most likely she’s doing TP flipping. And all her in-game activities? Are there only to affect prices.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

Oh I know, Scarlet must be behind the waypoint, TP and repair fees as well :>

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

The Consortium funds her.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

I saw her on the Champ train in frostgorge….I think she map-chatted that she had a pre-cursor drop…Dusk I believe…she was going to sell it on the TP.

Scarlet must die for that! I want one! She could have given it to me instead. And of course SHE would get a precursor!

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Personally I think it’s from her rich Old Uncle Red who played the stock market. He was her first victim she forged a will and arranged an “accident” involving a starving herd of dolyaks when he was out on his Sunday Quaggan hunt.

Either that or it’s a glaring hole they haven’t explained yet.

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Personally I think it’s from her rich Old Uncle Red who played the stock market. He was her first victim she forged a will and arranged an “accident” involving a starving herd of dolyaks when he was out on his Sunday Quaggan hunt.

Either that or it’s a glaring hole they haven’t explained yet.

My internets for you sir.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

Okay, a serious answer —

She is actually extremely savvy and persuasive. She can convince individuals and factions into helping her because she appeals to their own desires and desperation. For everyone else, she simply uses intimidation. We know both of these points to be true from in-game dialogue and the supplemental stories. Her money and resources come from the factions that she has convinced (or coerced) into helping her.

In terms of raw power for her devices, she has intimate knowledge of the Thaumanova reactor. The reactor is powered by refined chaos crystals from the chaos crystal cavern. The Molten Facility in Flame and Frost had us raiding a similar cavern between Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. This Molten cavern had loads and loads of azurite crystals, which she could then use to supply immense amounts of power to her devices.

Put all these things together and you account for all of her resources.

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

Okay, a serious answer —

She is actually extremely savvy and persuasive. She can convince individuals and factions into helping her because she appeals to their own desires and desperation. For everyone else, she simply uses intimidation. We know both of these points to be true from in-game dialogue and the supplemental stories. Her money and resources come from the factions that she has convinced (or coerced) into helping her.

In terms of raw power for her devices, she has intimate knowledge of the Thaumanova reactor. The reactor is powered by refined chaos crystals from the chaos crystal cavern. The Molten Facility in Flame and Frost had us raiding a similar cavern between Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. This Molten cavern had loads and loads of azurite crystals, which she could then use to supply immense amounts of power to her devices.

Put all these things together and you account for all of her resources.

I cannot see how she is convincing anyone to die for her, let alot hand over resources sufficient to rebuild the black citidal and the entire pact fleet. Each alliance is mass slaughtered by player/national/order factions, her charm has no effect on any ‘good’ group, even pure profiteers such as LA council or consortium. And further to all this massive infrastructure pulled from her kitten, its been build in super fast time ( a few months if that) and in total secret! I find the scarlet plot increasingly unplausible, and disassociated from the rest of the world and game presented.

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: Fuschia.6573

Fuschia.6573

All of her organizations and the like are still around, they just aren’t the focus of the story or as major a threat as they were. To think that they couldn’t provide her with the location and resources to build just about anything she wants is a little silly.

Money? Resources? Na!

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You never stopped to wonder:

Where does all the loot sold to NPC merchants go?

Why do all of the NPC merchants look like minimum wage employees?

How much do those merchants pay for your goods versus their list price on Gnashblade’s market?

How much profit have you lost for convenience, and where does it all go?

#TeamKiel

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ