New Patch - Expected or Dissapointment??

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Does the Wurm actually have its own set of achievements like Tequatl? (Still at work, but Wiki only lists the Origins of Madness meta-achievement. No new entry for the Tri-Wurm under Bosses.)

If not, then I predict the Wurm will be abandoned even faster than Tequatl without the hook of achievements to keep players trying for him.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

HUGE disappointment. I HATE the new bosses. They have the worst failings of recent boss updates, in that they force players into random overflow servers, and the rewards are based too much on whether other people screw it up. They really need to do some rethinking if they think that this is what GW2 players want.

This content is for people who hate what makes GW2 good.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Noctis.2657

Noctis.2657

Does the Wurm actually have its own set of achievements like Tequatl? (Still at work, but Wiki only lists the Origins of Madness meta-achievement. No new entry for the Tri-Wurm under Bosses.)

If not, then I predict the Wurm will be abandoned even faster than Tequatl without the hook of achievements to keep players trying for him.

It doesn´t, mainly mobs that don´t drop items in both events, marrionette chest is full of greens and blues, just another boss with no whatsoever reward during the event and in the end also.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Horrific disappointment, but didn’t we all know that was exactly what was going to be the case when we heard there would be 4 more god kitten releases with the name scarlet in it? What highlighted it for me was once again the armor as a reward, the “wurmslayer” gear, which is just the already terrible ascended pieces reskinned to have a green glow. It is absolutely hilarious and comical that after all the crap that went down with the reskinned T3 armor, and all the hate that was received over the way ascended looked, that they did this YET AGAIN.

This patch killed the buzz for me, I dont even have the will power to login again after playing some of the patch, no scratch that, sitting in overflow. Then to get into the actual map, and then sitting another 2 hours waiting for the event.

It’s not just a green glow! The heavy helm is perfect for someone trying roleplay a heavy smoker …

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Yes it has it’s own achievements under the bosses menu….“Triple Trouble”. The Wurm is permanent content but the Marionette is not.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Huge disappointment:

What I Like:

1. I liked exploring Scarlets Lair, a lot of details went into that
2. New Bosses have regular predictable spawn timers. Thanks.
3. Phase 1 of the Marionette Fight, and the travel part of the wurm fight are fun and well tuned.

What I don’t like:

1. Both bosses are terrible. The number of people required for an event should not push up against the zone limit.
2. Didn’t care much for the story instance or the new character. Story of women driving all the events and men being useless and/or cowards is girl power chick lit quality.
3. Achievements are the least intuitive and grindiest so far. They are hard to understand and not fun.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I like the new update, was in both fights and failed both. The new content is actually hard, the Wurm is a new Tequatl (that fight is really cool) and above all a lot of new dialogs are added.

The bosses are fun to do, both featuring an unique element to them. The marionettethingie is harder then I expected and the first time I tried the worm we failed to even scratch it

No the bosses are impossible. Has any server beaten them yet? Or better question, has any server come close to getting ONE of those wurms to 50%? The problem is, none of this stuff is tested on a large scale prior to release, and an even bigger problem is its just a hodge podge of crap thrown together in one boss event that they call “dynamic”. You cant throw all these different things to do in a boss fight, along with spamming 30 second stuns and knock downs, and then only give you a 10 second window to damage the boss with a ridiculous amount of health in a 15 minute window for a mission that requires 3 separate command groups on different areas of the map.

Got Cobalt down below 50% last night but the other two were still at around 80%. Reports from people fighting one of the other head indicates being swarmed by too many champions.

Edit: Just tried crimson and uh … yeah around 13 champions plus all the other stuff.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I’m not going to gripe about the wait. Some people complete LS in the first two days, wash their hands of it, then complain there’s nothing to do. I’m not one of those. It’s been nice having a leisurely pace for a change. I was able to go experience other parts of the game without any worries.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

An expected disappointment to be sure. Really tired of this (it takes 50 people to do or fail) deal with events, other than dragons, and the lag between events is tedious. People don’t have an hour or two to wait for a 10 minute event. Also, FF XIV managed to put two new events in several areas with 24.85mb, whereas GW2 had patches 15 times higher for 2 events in 1 area each.

They made alterations in other areas, and the asset model ain’t the same. So even if you weren’t comparing apples and oranges, your argument still isn’t valid.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Ah… I see that the same 5 or 6 fanboys are still whiteknighting all day on the forums. You’d think after saying the same things repeatedly they’d learn by now.

Anyway, as for the OP… Let’s just say it was an expected disappointment. Logging in after 5 months and seeing it’s pretty much the same issues in every event…At this point in time I wouldn’t expect this dev team to learn anything. Might as well find a game with better support.

Posted by: WingedVictory.9013

WingedVictory.9013

I only like a bug that they fixed and tradable mystery tonics.

Instakill laser when I was gathering in Lornar’s was not nice. Instant death mechanics get old really quickly; plus they are cheap and lazy IMHO; others are entitled to think that no chance of survival is fun though~

Looks like I’ll be avoiding an entire map for a few weeks >.>
Also get rid of those annoying toxic offshoots. Grab a powder keg and blast them out. Seriously.

(edited by WingedVictory.9013)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

OK, had a chance to try our the Marionette event last night. It’s fun, really. However, two things I would prefer to see implemented to make it even better:

1. Better scaling. Zerg content is OK, and fun in small doses, but zergs should NEVER be required to complete content. The Marionette fight has the same issue as Tequatl where unless you have a certain baseline number of players, you are doomed to failure from the start. Right now, it’s an Overflow problem, but I’m certain that as time goes on and people get their achievements, the Marionette fight will get less and less popular until the latecomers have the opposite problem of never getting enough people in their main server to complete it.

It should be possible to beat the Marionette fight with as few kitten players (1 on each lane). The mobs that rush up the lanes scale to the number of players, and during the platform phase, the Regulators scale down to Veterans if there’s only 1 player. After each platform is destroyed, the force field around it and an adjacent platform fades so you can go assist another platform (making it possible, if unlikely, for a lone player to destroy a chain by himself if they’re very skilled).

2. Achievements tied to stranger success. The various dodge achievements should not rely on your entire lane succeeding to be awarded, especially since if a platform is in trouble, you can’t do anything to assist them, essentially holding your achievement hostage to them. Rather, it should be awarded when you dodge the Marionette’s attacks AND successfully kill your platform’s Regulator. I feel that would be a fair compromise.

But other than that, I found the fight very enjoyable. The addition of the various siege weapons to each path was a neat move! Punching a Watchwork Champion as a siege golem was strangely satisfying. XD