No one running Twisted Marionette anymore

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

Since the release of EotM I’ve gone out several times to run the marionette but no one is there (just a hand full of people). I was hoping to use up the last of my components for keys.

Does anyone know if these will have any value after the 2/18 release?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Guest to TC if you are NA. It’s usually in overflow by 30 minutes before the fight.

The key components are the loot from the event, essentially. I can usually open 2 to 3 chests in the lair after any marionette fight through careful use of the Spare Keys, and get dragonite and yellows, greens, blues, and cores. So I’d doubt you’d want them afterwards, they’re just a clever way of getting you loot even if you lose the fight.

Posted by: Balzamon.1396

Balzamon.1396

gw2community.com is running marionette each night at 1am GMT+1 (after the last wurm at midnight). After that we are doing teq and karka. Apart from wurm it is on overflow. So there is deso main doing these events and always at least one overflow
Tho the time is nothing for ppl that work i guess :/

Commander Ireth Alcàrin [NíP]
Piken Square
Community Officer @ http://gw2community.com/

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Guest to a high populated server and do it in overflow. I’ve been doing this daily at reset, and we win quite frequently.

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Some more populated servers are still doing it, which most likely are full of guests because more and more servers don’t have enough people for the event.

I always guest lately for Marionette’s event, especially after the release of EotM.
There is always barely people showing up at the event at 8 pm server time and all the subsequent event times (10 pm, midnite, and so on) during the weekdays.
The one at midnite, all lanes are always completely empty since last week lol

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

Guest to a high populated server and do it in overflow.

Overflow servers are shared between all the servers, not just high pop ones. Although it is true if you’re on a high pop, you’ll more likely end up in overflow.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Guest to a high populated server and do it in overflow.

Overflow servers are shared between all the servers, not just high pop ones. Although it is true if you’re on a high pop, you’ll more likely end up in overflow.

Sure, you can guest to any server, but overflows tend to be populated. On my server, only a handful of people even show up anymore. Guesting to a high pop server like Blackgate almost guarantees you’ll be in overflow. If not, then you get to do the event with a high pop server, so it’s win-win!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

It’s been like this typically on FA as well, although it seems that right as the event starts the rest of the people will join up and we get full numbers. 5min until event starts and there’s maybe 11 in each lane. Once the event starts is when everyone starts showing up I’ve seen. This only applies to primetime (7pm/9pm events).

Now, that said, we still seem to have a heck of a time actually succeeding through all 5 wardens. How people can consistently fail on Warden 2 is beyond me. And it hasn’t been for lack of numbers either, it’s been people legitimately failing.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’ve been in overflows where people fail the first warden. One of many reasons is be aide they’re still fighting the champions when the portal times completes wasting time and likely running the risk of those who were paying attention dying before they realize they can enter the portal. What’s worst is that you have a small window to enter the portal and I’ve seen fails due to that too.

At this point I will not even try to succeed the event anymore unless I’m with an organized group. I just lately guest to a low pop server and participate for the 3-5 minutes it takes to fail it.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

It’s been like this typically on FA as well, although it seems that right as the event starts the rest of the people will join up and we get full numbers. 5min until event starts and there’s maybe 11 in each lane. Once the event starts is when everyone starts showing up I’ve seen. This only applies to primetime (7pm/9pm events).

Now, that said, we still seem to have a heck of a time actually succeeding through all 5 wardens. How people can consistently fail on Warden 2 is beyond me. And it hasn’t been for lack of numbers either, it’s been people legitimately failing.

We’re going to get her again. I don’t care if I have to sit in LA and hound after experienced players all day, FA will beat Mari again before she leaves.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Doing it numerous times a day—-had 4wins on Thurs.—Guest to BG simple as that.
Overflow or main—doesn’t matter. Gave up on my home server.

Posted by: KerryTT.4792

KerryTT.4792

I started guesting to Tarnished Coast on Wednesday since my home server was not filling up the lanes. Between Tarnished Coast and overflow, I have been on wins each day (2 on Friday) and several 4/5 runs. It’s been nice.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

GuestGate \o/