Scarlet map in the scarlet lair(spoilers)

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: hunter steele.7836

hunter steele.7836

This post will contain SPOILERS and it is mostly about what scarlet is going to do after looking at the map in her lair

hello guys my name is black hunter steele and i have spent about an hour studying and comparing the map of scarlet and the world map and what could she be up to. i really studied the 2 maps but i couldn’t upload them sorry.

Let me wrap it up i concluded that she is going to be launching an attack on lion’s arch (may look obvious). so i have some theories

1- Scarlet has been using the mystical probes to lure the jungle worms and creatures that live beneath the earth alike and that is probably why worms are attacking(notice that almost or maybe all of the worms have a mysterious probes next to their spawning location) and she is going to make them attack lion’s arch from different locations.

2- The mysterious probes were sucking up power from a source from under earth and that she can use them to power up the marionette to keep attacking.

3- There are other airships or drones with another marionettes and are using mysterious probes to power up the other marionettes and that is why the 1 in Lornar’s pass is called TEST weapon and not the main weapon or something else.

I still didn’t really understand what Scarlet’s book was talking about but i am guessing an elder dragon specifically Mordermoth

Posted by: SimpleCrow.5309

SimpleCrow.5309

I’d like to add on to this. Once you’ve decoded the journals, you will find a map of Tyria containing the locations of all the probes. On the third map, which I have attached, you will find X’s over the exact locations of the Vigil Keep, The Durmand Priory, The Chantry, and Lion’s Arch. It seems likely that her test will be utilized to attack these four locations. In the fourth picture, which I don’t have a screen shot of, there is a large, conical device that resembles a drill. However, due to the blurriness of the in-game screen, it may have been the device that we currently see the marionette connected to.

I think it’s important to remember that the Marionette, while impressive, is not the weapon: the laser is. I would agree that the probes were venturing to tap into some power source, especially as the release of the nodes came around the time Arenanet confirmed Waypoints as canonical devices that existed on leylines.

However, I agree that Mordremoth was the connection that Scarlet was seeing in her visions depicted in her journal, as the “jungle dragon” is the one most closely related to sylvari, but I’d like to add on to it:

1. Currently, our only known information about Mordremoth comes from CoE, where Alpha uses a skill called Teeth of Mordremoth. On this same path, the players face an evolved Husk, showing that Husks, or a version of them are minions of this Elder Dragon.

2. In the Caledon Meta Event chain, a large Jungle Wurm appears, followed by Avatar’s of Blight, which appear as husks. If husks are related to Mordremoth, it’s likely that this corrupt, dark wurm is as well. Talking to the NPC Gamarien, he mentions that a “darker force” is at work than the nightmare court.

3. The new meta events in Bloodtide Coast contain three very large Jungle Wurms along with a plethora of husks, smaller worms, and grubs of varying type and ability. All of these events fit well with what we know of Mordremoth from CoE and what we know of husks and other wurms from locations such as Wychmire Swamp and Twilight Arbor.

Is it possible that Scarlet had not discovered the location where Mordremoth slept? That these probes were not siphoning the dragon’s energy? What if this three headed wurm is just a minion of the newly awakened Elder Dragon? We always thought that Mordremoth would come from somewhere to the far west, in the Maguuma Wastes. The trend in the current dragons does not match this, obviously (Zhaitan:Orr:South, Jormag:Shiverpeaks:North, Kralkatorrik:Ascalon:East, Primordus:Depths:Below, Mordremoth:________:West?) but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

Further, Anet has mentioned multiple times that this Living Story will have nothing to do with the Dragons. This removes credence from this theory.

My second theory, and my personal favorite, regards several picture seen in Scarlet’s Lair. These images are large red diamond with lines radiating off of them. If you’re wondering where you may have seen it, just look at the Bloodseeker focus or take a run of Arah path 4, and you will recognize the bloodstones. Bloodstones are known to cause large disruptions in magic. It’s not impossible that she received visions or nightmare because of one’s corruption/distortion.

We currently only know of where four are located, and on of these four was located in the Bloodstone Cave, which is located roughly in the region between Sparkfly Fen and Strait’s of Devastation (there is actually what appears to be a place holder cave there for any interested in exploring). This cave network may extend far enough to travel below Bloodtide as well, in which case she may be using the probes to search for or steal energy from the bloodstone, as you have theorized.

As usual, these are only speculations, mostly based on my own opinions. Don’t take them for fact, but please feel free to comment, supplement, detract, subtract, add to, multiply, divide, square, cube, take the square root of, or find the vertex of my theories. That’s what makes this fun!

Attachments:

Posted by: Nasedo.5349

Nasedo.5349

I have a new theory:

The image after the map with the arrows and the X brings a borer to the screen.
I think the X on the map show locations where Scarlet wants to bore.
She did a research on the ley lines with the “don’t touch towers”.
Now she locatet the source of the ley lines in the area around Lions Arch.

Maybe she wants to bore tunnels to get to the source of the ley lines.
After that she will inject the poison she produced at the “Tower of Nightmare”, and the Ley Lines will transport the poison to the Elder-Dragons.
We know, that the elder-dragons absorb the energy of the ley lines, so they will absorb the poison, too.
Remember, the poison leads to illusion. You can’t differentiate your friends from enemies under the influence of the poison.
So Scarlet could poison all elder-dragons at one stroke, and we would see elder dragons, who fight each other, because they no longer recognize the other dragons as friendly.

What do you think?
Is this her plan?

Attachments:

(edited by Nasedo.5349)

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Maybe she wants to bore tunnels to get to the source of the ley lines.
After that she will inject the poisen she produced at the “Tower of Nightmare”, and the Ley Lines will transport the poisen to the Elder-Dragons.
We know, that the elder-dragons absorb the energy of the ley lines, so they will absorb the poisen, too.
Remember, the poisen leads to illusion. You can’t differentiate your friends from enemies under the influence of the poisen.
So Scarlet could poisen all elder-dragons at one stroke, and we would see elder dragons, who fight each other, because they no longer recognize the other dragons as friendly.

While using the probes to inject something in rather than harvest is interesting and would be a pretty ingenious way to stop the dragons, I find it unlikely that this will work like an illusion. Remember, we have no evidence that dragons are friendly towards one another in the first place. Also, not all of them are out and about, close to each other, so there’s no reason why they would fight.
Another issue is that the thumpers have now been renamed to energy probes, which does sound more like something that would collect the energy instead of injecting into the leylines.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

yet another issue is that the dragons don’t see each other as friendly to begin with

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Nasedo.5349

Nasedo.5349

But they would be absolutly disoriented and confused under the influence of the poison!
They would left their lair and attack everything.
This could be a benefit for us.
And this is what Scarlet already said:
“I have a great deal of work ahead of me. I don’t know what the world will be when I’m through, but I will very much enjoy finding out. Empires will fall, continents will burn, and when the conflagration is over, I’ll be there to put my stamp on whatever new world this one becomes.”

(edited by Nasedo.5349)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Scarlet has no way of knowing if such a poison would affect Elder Dragons, like it would affect us. So I find this a rather unlikely idea.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

But they would be absolutly disoriented and confused under the influence of the poison!
They would left their lair and attack everything.
This could be a benefit for us.
And this is what Scarlet already said:
“I have a great deal of work ahead of me. I don’t know what the world will be when I’m through, but I will very much enjoy finding out. Empires will fall, continents will burn, and when the conflagration is over, I’ll be there to put my stamp on whatever new world this one becomes.”

You know, there aren’t actually any empires on the Tyrian continent. Cantha, sure. Elona, maybe — no idea what PJ calls his system of government. Rule by enlightened undead philosopher-king, perhaps. Not saying this proves a Canthan expansion is in the works, but… I totally am saying that.

And she did say continents. Plural. So…

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam