Taimi and her Golem

Taimi and her Golem

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: sephard.2470

sephard.2470

A Taimi appreciation thread, because good written, cute and intelligent characters are so rare in Tyria today sigh.

LOVE 4 TAIMI <3

Nah, seriously now.
Anyone else just loving Taimi and her cool-looking golem? I just adore her!

[Just to set it clear, I would love more good written characters. Good job on Taimi, NetArena!]

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Seconded. Taimi is so adorably snarky. Asura ftw!

I’m also quite curious on what Taimi knows.

Polka will never die

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: sephard.2470

sephard.2470

PLUS!
She’s not that freaking annoying as Zojja, but still being an Asura, she has a BIG personality. THIS is what I love about Taimi and THIS is what makes her one of the most well-written, sympathetic characters of Guild Wars 2 at present time.

[I hated the pathetic voice-over of Kasmeer’s family story. Like really … this whining. Bah. I do like Kasmeer tho]

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Googly eyes.
1/10 would fireball in the face.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

points for being clever and original with the character..
tone her down about 2 shades of blush and we’re golden

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

I <3 Taimi. Hooray for top-notch voice acting and interesting writing.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Suvivirsi.4892

Suvivirsi.4892

Aye, a promising character.

Besides, a tiny (young or merely unusually short?) Asura who’s into Scarlet (Sylvari, so pretty much a talking, walking plant), whose name, as a happy accident (or IS it an accident…? dumdumDUUM) just happens to mean “Sapling” or “Seedling” in Finnish ;^)

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I love Taimi.

The day the gemstore comes out with a mini Taimi and her mini golem will cause many people to complain about gem conversion prices.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: CeruleanRevolver.6085

CeruleanRevolver.6085

A friend pointed out to me that Taimi’s golem isn’t hollow when you zoom in, there’s a chair and control panels and all…

Is this norm for all Asura summoned golem or is this another hidden gem to look at? I must say this is certainly a nice touch to it!

Attachments:

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I thought scarlet was inside the golum and that Taimi was a hologram good to see that is hollow.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

She’s annoying, but in a fun way. I’d say she’s the best written character since Tybalt and Sieran.

And I think she’s going to be used in the same way.

She wants to get close to Scarlet to learn from her, thinking that she’s really on the good side. But to do this, she’s helping Scarlet’s enemies to attack her and mess with her plans. So…yeah. She’s going to die. She’s a charming little kid, and Scarlet will kill her horribly. Or mutate her into a monster and make us kill her (though I doubt the writers can pull that off without it drifting into bad comedy.)

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

She’s annoying, but in a fun way. I’d say she’s the best written character since Tybalt and Sieran.

And I think she’s going to be used in the same way.

She wants to get close to Scarlet to learn from her, thinking that she’s really on the good side. But to do this, she’s helping Scarlet’s enemies to attack her and mess with her plans. So…yeah. She’s going to die. She’s a charming little kid, and Scarlet will kill her horribly. Or mutate her into a monster and make us kill her (though I doubt the writers can pull that off without it drifting into bad comedy.)

I don’t know, it’s a bit gimicky to kill off a ‘significant’ character that quick. At least let it build up, ya know? Gain some emotional attachment.

Killing someone off like Kasmeer would definitely get people up in arms, especially now that shes sleeping with Jory. Heck, there would be even more outrage killing off those two quaggan lovebirds.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

A friend pointed out to me that Taimi’s golem isn’t hollow when you zoom in, there’s a chair and control panels and all…

Is this norm for all Asura summoned golem or is this another hidden gem to look at? I must say this is certainly a nice touch to it!

She’ll probably be inside the golem when in combat, I can’t imagine her alone being particularly useful in a fight.

Taimi and her Golem

Palador.2170

I don’t know, it’s a bit gimicky to kill off a ‘significant’ character that quick. At least let it build up, ya know? Gain some emotional attachment.

Killing someone off like Kasmeer would definitely get people up in arms, especially now that shes sleeping with Jory. Heck, there would be even more outrage killing off those two quaggan lovebirds.

They have time for her to grow on us before they kill her.

I do think it would be bad storytelling to kill her, though. You’re right on that. The question is, has ANet shown themselves to be prone to good storytelling, or bad storytelling?

…. yeah. Start saving up wood for the “Build a small coffin” LS achievement that will come at the end.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

So…yeah. She’s going to die. She’s a charming little kid, and Scarlet will kill her horribly. Or mutate her into a monster and make us kill her (though I doubt the writers can pull that off without it drifting into bad comedy.)

I really want to see this in game. Currently this is a character from generic cartoon for 8-13 year old audience and as I think doesn’t fit in game’s universe. Introducing her was already bad idea, but brutal death may fix it.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

She’ll probably be inside the golem when in combat, I can’t imagine her alone being particularly useful in a fight.

I actually thought she did hop into the golem during the Marionette fight. She does make remarks about going in and out of “combat mode.” Admittedly, she’s small enough and marionette is chaotic enough that I might have missed her on the golem’s shoulder.

Since there’s a seat inside the golem, maybe she does have animations for that.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

New Class: Golem Rider
ANet, please make this happen.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

Am I the only one who wants Taimi’s hairstyle on our asuras ? -

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

crazy asura? or possible future scarlet follower/disciple?

#ELEtism

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Perhaps time traveler?

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

A 4yr old child progeny. She’s one of the few characters I actually like in this game… I’ll add her to the list.

Evon Gnashblade, Canach, Taimi, Hobo Tron, Rox…

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

Its the New Destiy’s Edge…

Rox – Charr
Braham – Norn
Kasmeer and Marjory – Humans
Taimi – Asura

? – Sylvari

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

? – Sylvari

Clearly it will be a reformed Scarlet. :P

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

? – Sylvari

You joke…but it didn’t really hit me until just now that it is very well possible.

Braham: Guardian
Rox: Ranger
Marjory: Necro
Kasmeer: Mesmer

I don’t know what class this Asura is. I haven’t played any of the new living world stuff. Either ele or a war? Either way, there is no Engineer. Normally I would overlook this but I am now looking back and noticing how much of a stink they’ve made about Scarlet being an engineer. Her class was really irrelevant as a villain in my opinion but it’s been stated a few times regardless.

I really, really, really hope this is just paranoia. I know they’re bad but they can’t be THIS bad at stories.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Best NPC development since launch and we only got to her for a few mins! Great job Anet!

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

New Class: Golem Rider
ANet, please make this happen.

We have Siege golems and Asura can summon one anytime

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

? – Sylvari

You joke…but it didn’t really hit me until just now that it is very well possible.

Braham: Guardian
Rox: Ranger
Marjory: Necro
Kasmeer: Mesmer

I don’t know what class this Asura is. I haven’t played any of the new living world stuff. Either ele or a war? Either way, there is no Engineer. Normally I would overlook this but I am now looking back and noticing how much of a stink they’ve made about Scarlet being an engineer. Her class was really irrelevant as a villain in my opinion but it’s been stated a few times regardless.

I really, really, really hope this is just paranoia. I know they’re bad but they can’t be THIS bad at stories.

it is unspecified – she hops in her golem during combat 9yep she is that much awesome)

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

She reminds me of Snaff – no class in particular, just works with golems.

Scarlet ain’t likely to reform. Once you’ve been claimed by an elder dragon, you stay forever altered even if the dragon dies.

Other issue is that Rox has too much motivation to kill her for any such reconciliation to work. Rytlock is unlikely to rescind the order, and Rox would remain a gladium forever if she doesn’t carry it out.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

She’s probably E.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

From elsewhere in the forums:

If you watch carefully when she first begins fighting, you can actually see her drop into Scruffy like a battle suit.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/madness/Golem-mounts-CONFIRMED/first#post3541474

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

She reminds me of Snaff – no class in particular, just works with golems.

Scarlet ain’t likely to reform. Once you’ve been claimed by an elder dragon, you stay forever altered even if the dragon dies.

Other issue is that Rox has too much motivation to kill her for any such reconciliation to work. Rytlock is unlikely to rescind the order, and Rox would remain a gladium forever if she doesn’t carry it out.

Just a joke. That’s all.

I imagine with all the negativity towards Scarlet, once she’s gone, she’ll be gone forever. That said, I’m glad Arenanet is still giving her a good send off, instead of just having her disappear.

So, other Sylvari could be. Canach maybe? There haven’t been many new Sylvari introduced. Guess it could be just like our new Asura, and be someone that comes out of nowhere.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I dont like that she looks like a cross between a child beauty queen and a cheap Victorian hooker.

Taimi and her Golem

Palador.2170

So, other Sylvari could be. Canach maybe? There haven’t been many new Sylvari introduced. Guess it could be just like our new Asura, and be someone that comes out of nowhere.

I’m sure someone will come out of the woodwork.

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I’d definitely like to get me one of these golems as a new Asura elite skill or something and drive around in it (or on top) all day long!

Best thing we have atm is that Power Suit and that one only lasts 60s

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

? – Sylvari

Gods I hope you are wrong..

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

Taimi and her Golem

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I love Taimi. She reminds me a bit of Borderlands 2’s Tiny Tina. Young, adorable and daring. Maybe a bit of the silly loopy side sometimes!