These new ground circles are great.

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Natsu.2589

Natsu.2589

Fighting the champs in front of the Marionette (phase 2), I noticed these different ground circles, that indicate some sort of AoE attack (bombs or kicks from the Marionette). I really like them. The standard circles are just so easy to overlook, whenever player characters go all out with their flashy skills. But here I was able to see them every single time and thus evaded much more successfully.

I hope this is some kind of a test, before Anet ads these circles all over the game. At least an option would be nice, to choose between the ‘old’ and the ‘new’ style, kinda like the floating damage numbers.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

The new orange circles remind me of WildStar’s video demos.
I’m still on the fence if I like them or not.
On one hand they are useful when things get hairy, but a player should be aware of where they are in a fight and watch for cues.

Your idea of putting in options would be a good compromise if possible.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

I thought the same but then if they used this in wvw you would have the entire world red all the time (but +1 as an option for the player)

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I’d like to hear what people who have some kind of colorblindness think. I know in the past some people have very much struggled with the circles. I imagine these might be easier?

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Definitely the best addition in this patch.

Posted by: Douwe.1746

Douwe.1746

Keep them for Bosses only. They’re a great way to distinguish the big attacks from the small attacks. Besides, if all hostile AoE became an orange circle, how can you distinguish it between a frost or a fire field? Everyone will just dodge ALL the orange circles, which makes them very overpowered.

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I am in favor of solid orange circles being used for 1shot worthy attacks. However, regular AOEs should keep the regular circles.

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Colorblind here, and I would love this to be a option for me!

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Selectable option worthy.