Twice in a row, mario bugged my skills!

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Darn, now its happened twice in a row. All I could do till I was downed was use shouts. What made it worse is, the mobs in the lanes didnt attack me, so I couldnt get downed. WPing didnt help.

Has anyone found another fix for this?

GuzziHero.2467

Seems it was a partial disconnect. Just got disco’d properly and only got into overflow once their battle was over. All I could do was loot the bodies… I mean res them.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

There is also some discussion going on about the problem here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Skills-stop-working-really-common-bug/first

GuzziHero.2467

Ah, thank you for that.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

This happened to me as well. Caused me not to be able to cheer (emotes didn’t work either) after we defeated her and thus miss the achievement. Not a happy camper here.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Same, I noticed that it happens mostly when I try to pick up a bundle item (ice bow / fiery greatsword) and it fails to equip.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

This is a bug that I am quite familiar with. It occurs a LOT in WvWvW.

It happens when you try to pick up a bundle that disappears before the animation is completed. For me it’s always the freaking warrior banners when I’m trying to loot. Fiery GS’s and Ice Bows are also common culprits.

The only way to fix that I am aware of is to force your skill bar to change. Either by using a piece of siege, switching weapon sets, or picking up another bundle.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

getting downed fixes it

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Same, I noticed that it happens mostly when I try to pick up a bundle item (ice bow / fiery greatsword) and it fails to equip.

This is exactly what causes it. With that many people around, there are banners and conjure weapons lying around all over the place, and with many people playing with AoE loot on interact enabled, people pick them up by accident all the time. Even people consciously picking up bundle items can encounter this bug when the item either times out during the pickup animation or is picked up by another character during the pickup animation. The latter seems to be easier to reproduce.

(edited by Nar.8327)

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Whenever this happened to me and I’m unable to use skills or anything, I quickly run out of the lane and find a few enemies to attack me and kill me, then I respawn at the WP to the south.
My skills and such work then after.

Welp, 30 minutes to go till my next post!
Edit – Oh neat… signature was disabled too.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I wonder if part of the problem is that banners and such share popup color with your general loot/interact popup. As such, it is quite easy for someone in the heat of battle to go “hey, loot!” upon noticing the color alone.

For this reason i have bound AOE loot on a separate key, and drilled myself to always hammering that after a fight rather than use the interact key.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

getting downed fixes it

It does, but getting downed isn’t even that easy. The lane mobs don’t even see you. You take a bit of splash damage but not much. To get downed i had to enter the portal and stand in front of the Champion’s face!