Hey everyone, I have wrote up a guide to The Origins of Madness achievements along with a guide for the Twisted Marionette fight which you might find useful. I will just cover the achievements here as the guide for Twisted Marionette is a bit lengthy.
- Link to Twisted Marionette boss guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/22/gw2-twisted-marionette-boss-guide/
- Link to Origins of Madness achievements: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/22/gw2-the-origins-of-madness-achievement-guide/
DAILY AND META
If the achievement in this category sounds complicated or time consuming (it can be), you can still finish the meta by doing the daily achievement like every other release. You only need 11 achievements or 11 dallies to finish this meta, which rewards 50 achievement points.
- Jan 21 daily – Boss Thumper I – fight either the Twisted Marionette or the Great Jungle Wurm
- Jan 22 daily – Boss Thumper II – fight either the Twisted Marionette or the Great Jungle Wurm
- These achievements are something you can do on your own and not tied directly to the Twisted Marionette fight or the Giant Jungle Wurm.
- All three of the achievements in this section are covered in this guide for Scarlet’s Secret Lair and you do not need to do anything extra to get these achievements. You only need to follow it up to the Power Core Component section and can ignore the section about Code Fragments as they do not reward you with achievements.
The Secret Lair – 1 pt
- Discover Scarlet Briar’s Secret Lair in Lornar’s Pass – You have to have participated in Twisted Marionette fight in Lornar’s Pass at least once to get your Living World tracker to point you there.
Energy Probe Defender Slayer – 8 pts
- Defeat 50 energy-probe defenders.
Energy Probe Dismantler – 5 pts
- Destroy energy probes in 5 different maps.
TWISTED MARIONETTE FIGHT
Achievements here are tied directly to the Twisted Marionette fight. You cannot get all of them in one Twisted Marionette fight so you will need to do this fight a couple times at least depending on how well your map completes this event.
Marionette Defender – 10 pts
- Participate in each of the 5 marionette portal defense events.
- This is the easiest achievement to get and something you can get in just one fight. There are 5 lanes to this fight and inside each lane is a portal defense event. All you need to do is get event credit in all 5 lanes. While it is not recommended, you can hop lanes during the fight and participate in all 5 lanes.
- Picture of the lanes provided by Vancelot on Reddit: http://i.imgur.com/zASH0eD.jpg
Lane Dependent achievements
The following 5 achievements all have something in common.
- Marionette Lightfoot –5 pts
- Marionette Sidestepper – 5 pts
- Marionette Short-Circuiter – 5 pts
- Marionette Dodger – 10 pts
- Marionette Muter – 10 pts
a) You must complete phase 2 successfully in addition to avoiding the specific attacks from Twisted Marionette. Phase 2 is when your lane get teleported inside and split into 5 groups on 5 discs. Your entire lane must complete the phase 2 objectives successfully under the time limit to gain the corresponding achievement. Achievement is rewarded at end of phase 2, when you succeed.
b) The chart below is order by chain. By default each lane is matched to a chain (i.e. chain 1 is assigned to lane 1 etc) but if that lane fails to complete their phase 2 successfully and sever their chain, their chain gets passed down to the next lane and so on until a lane is able to complete it. So you must keep track of who failed to sever their chain and which lane is doing which chain. If you are after the Marionette Dodger achievement for example, it is chain 4 and by default assigned to lane 4. However, if they lane 2 fails to sever their chain, everything is shifted by one so lane 5 is now doing chain 4 assuming lane 3 doesn’t fail the passed down chain
(edited by dulfy.1493)