What happened to the proper release preview?

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Is it a new thing, that now all we get is the crappy trailer that says nothing at all?

What happened to the proper preview notes we’ve been getting for a year now? Fixing what isn’t broken?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We didn’t get any information at all about the Queens Jubilee update either.
I would assume it is simply because they don’t want to spoil anything.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Yes we did

People who don’t “want it spoiled” can simply not read it. It is a completely conscious and willing action to turn on the website, go to “releases” and then go to the specific release. You can’t really trip and not only go to the page but read the whole thing as well.

lordkrall.7241

Ah, sorry, I of course mean the Queens Speech.

I am not talking about people not wanting to get spoiled (and lets be honest, people will be spoiled even if they don’t look on the page), but rather ArenaNet not wanting to spoil the main part of the release.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Believe me people are no where near as informed as you think lordkrall. Both my roommate and girlfriend would know nothing about the new releases if I didnt get on here and scour for all the information I can find. They could easily give us a heads up before the patch and the people who wanted to be surprised on the 21st could wait till then. They could even wait till the 28th as long as they didnt open up the living world tab and stayed out of the updated zones. Most they would see is some new skins linked in map chat

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Syriac Nefarious.2389

Syriac Nefarious.2389

I was just going to make a post asking the same question. I really look forward to reading the preview the day before. Please Anet, give us something.

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

Ah, sorry, I of course mean the Queens Speech.

I am not talking about people not wanting to get spoiled (and lets be honest, people will be spoiled even if they don’t look on the page), but rather ArenaNet not wanting to spoil the main part of the release.

If that’s the case, I hope they at least give us the release notes when they release it, because I want to know what’s in the update. If they don’t give us any release notes, we will kind of have to figure it out on our own and will likely miss a few things. Besides, even if that is the case, they could still release permanent update notes and update those notes, upon release, to include the living story stuff. I like seeing what they’re adding to the game.

However, now that I think on it, I can think of one reason they might not even give us release notes on the permanent stuff…if the living story is going to permanently change the world, then as lordkrall said, they might not want to “spoil the main part of the release.” Maybe this is exactly why they haven’t put release notes up yet (after all, they have said that the finale will permanently change the face of Tyria). If this is the case, I can understand why they only have a video that doesn’t tell us much, but I still hope they put up release notes upon release.

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

Possibly because the update is not all finished, so rather than edit notes released, they just don’t release the notes, so can drop content not finished/working.

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I’m kind of bummed as well. I always enjoy reading the preview on Monday afternoons. Oh well, only 13 more hours or so till the update goes live.

Maguuma Guardian

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Nope.

They had a preview release. They just had it change over a week.

This is the first time there is no preview release, probably becuase it’s just the 2 world bosses that drop greens and blues.

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

I actually think it’s cool as it is right now.
A lotof people have been complaining that those release previews were giving away too much right from the start. Sometimes, especially when the updates concerned gameplay, the preview was understandable, but since, as I understand it, this next update will be purely around story, I think we can all do with just a teaser trailer.

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

They are trying to ‘hype’ it up like they did with the Queen’s Speech, which resulted in nothing.

Minion

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I’m actually fine with a little teaser. Makes you wonder about whats more to come. Besides, you’ll get release notes soon after they patch it.

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Probably not much to write about for this update.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

If that’s the case, I hope they at least give us the release notes when they release it, because I want to know what’s in the update. If they don’t give us any release notes, we will kind of have to figure it out on our own and will likely miss a few things.

Read achievements, mails, and world events on the upper right side of the screen, and follow the story step by step; you wont miss anything.

However, now that I think on it, I can think of one reason they might not even give us release notes on the permanent stuff…if the living story is going to permanently change the world, then as lordkrall said, they might not want to “spoil the main part of the release.” Maybe this is exactly why they haven’t put release notes up yet (after all, they have said that the finale will permanently change the face of Tyria). If this is the case, I can understand why they only have a video that doesn’t tell us much, but I still hope they put up release notes upon release.

^ I think this is the case ^

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

There’s nothing that actually warrants a preview. No new features or balance changes. Just more scarlet.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

There’s nothing that actually warrants a preview. No new features or balance changes. Just more scarlet.

Though previous previews did bullet new dungeons and bosses, not just new features.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

R.I.P Kumu <3

lordkrall.7241

Nope.

They had a preview release. They just had it change over a week.

This is the first time there is no preview release, probably becuase it’s just the 2 world bosses that drop greens and blues.

And it was a preview that showed us absolutely nothing at all about what would be released.
It basically said: The queen will have a speech, come here and listen.
It wasn’t until the actual release that the real page was released.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

The Origins of Madness are:

1. Competitive esports scene

2. Best MMO with ABSOLUTELY no grind for stat

3. Living Story Is A Good Idea

That’s right, we are about to discover ArenaNet’s Origins of their Mad pland for Guild Wars 2. This mad plan is at long last coming to a conclusion. To earn 1,000,000 achievement points in the upcoming patch, you must sell your Guild Wars 2 account

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand