Worst new content, in my opinion

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Thugem Chi.6189

Thugem Chi.6189

I have only been playing the game for 4 months now but I must say that after seeing this new content for the first time (Lornar’s Passs) it is the worst I have seen since I started. I thought the Tower of Madness wasn’t very good, this is so much worse. It just builds on a zerg fest. It is too complicated and confusing, nobody knows what is going on or what to do, it requires tons of people to even try it and everyone just gets mad at everyone else and name calls and everything else. This is so disappointing. This will be content that after the first several days or week it will be dead as a lot of players won’t care to do it again and those that haven’t won’t be able to do it. Very sad! Anet’s thinking has really changed and the days of GW is gone and it’s time for WoW on Anet. We wasted 2 hours waiting for the event just so everyone dies, wastes their time, repair their armor and for what? More content several of us aren’t going to spend any money buying gems to support buying stuff in TP.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

So its a mindless zerg fest that is too complicated and confusing? I gotta say, it still amuses me that people make these posts day one about how its all too hard. Give it a week or two and it will be on farm status.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

When you don’t know what you’re doing, you tend to die. I would suggest that you try to learn the mechanics of the event. Once you do, then you know how to win.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

So every user must wait, what is it, another two hours to l2p? And the marionette isn’t going to be around forever, so not everyone has time to l2p the mechanics.

When you don’t know what you’re doing, you tend to die. I would suggest that you try to learn the mechanics of the event. Once you do, then you know how to win.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

“Content is too easy!!! It’s a zerg fest!!!”

“Content is too hard!!! Zones are becoming ghost towns!!!”

Official Forums: Always complaining.

It’s not about the difficulty of the encounters.
It’s about the fact that you have to wait two hours for the new content to play it, be a hour+ earlier on the map in order not to get on a overflow (which automatically means you fail most of the time), sitting there not being able to do anything just to have an (good) encounter for 15-20min and then wait again. Yay.
In case of the Wurm you waited two hours and then started the event, just so that one of the vigil crusader’s bugs out, rendering you unable to fight the Wurm, wasting your time completely! Yaaay!

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

“I have to sit around and wait for the event instead of wandering around the zone doing events to pass the time. Abloo bloo bloo.” No one is forcing you to stay in place.

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Complaints, if used constructively, can make the game better, whereas complaining about complaints does not.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

“I have to sit around and wait for the event instead of wandering around the zone doing events to pass the time. Abloo bloo bloo.” No one is forcing you to stay in place.

Lornar’s Pass and Bloodtide Coast don’t have much to offer after you 100%ed them on your chars. Most events are easily done with a lv80 Char and aren’t much more than autoattack. Scarlet’s devices are rarely attackable too, so you can’t even do that. Admittedly, Bloodtide Coast has Covington, but if the whole map goes after one boss… well, you can expect how it ends. Even if she scales up like there’s no tomorrow.

Funny enough, we had it happen more than once today that using a waypoint while being on the main server has a chance to put you on an overflow – even if the waypoint is on the same map you are on. So you can’t even simply use waypoints as it could kick you out of the main server.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Knowing how to win is irrelevant, when no matter how skilled or knowledgeable you are, the event can only be completed if the vast majority of players taking part also knows how to win.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Knowing how to win is irrelevant, when no matter how skilled or knowledgeable you are, the event can only be completed if the vast majority of players taking part also knows how to win.

Tequatl worked the same way. If there’s no attempt at coordination, you will fail. There are players who posted tips, so it would be better to look at those than to complain that brand new content is too hard.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Tequatl worked the same way. If there’s no attempt at coordination, you will fail. There are players who posted tips, so it would be better to look at those than to complain that brand new content is too hard.

I could sit and read all day, so could 90 of the other players who are at one of these large events – but if the other 10 who turn up to the event are casual players; or god forbid, new to the game and happen to decide to man the turrets at Teq or are on their own on one of the Marionette paths, you are correct the entire event will fail. It’s not about it being hard, its about designing an event so that everyone can contribute and the vent can be won without EVERY player having to search for and read a large instruction manual beforehand.

(edited by Daroon.1736)

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

“Content is too easy!!! It’s a zerg fest!!!”

“Content is too hard!!! Zones are becoming ghost towns!!!”

For god’s sakes, no one but the really, REALLY casual people are complaining about the content being too hard. We’re complaining that it’s difficult content being slapped into the world with a 2-hour gate that we’re complaining about.

If these were Raid Instances, as they should have been, designed around 25-30 people, I would be the first to praise these as very enjoyable, difficult, and rewarding fights. But I’m not, because they’re in the world, locked behind 2-hour time gates, over flow servers, and people who have no buisness attempting this content, and it’s ruining the experience for me and many others.

And yes, I don’t give a kitten if you’re level 60 with Levelig Blues on and feel you’re entitled to see this content. If your presence in the content is having a negative affect on the others trying to attempt it ,you don’t belong there. Your personal enjoyment is not more important than the hundred other people there trying to make meaningful progress on these bosses.

Tequatl, Mari, and the Wurms are fine (Though I’ve heard the Wurms need some tuning adjusments) mechanically. What’s not fine is that they’re in the open world. They’re raid bosses, difficult, mechanically driven encounters. They belong in their own dungeons.

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

If you want to stay on your server and not get slapped in an Over FLow, you do. And do you really expect people to be content with doing Dynamic Events in Lornar’s Pass for two hours? How is that any different than just sitting there and waiting?

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

The boss fight is nice but lets face it its a lack luster. Where are my sigils where is class balance.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I could sit and read all day, so could 90 of the other players who are at one of these large events – but if the other 10 who turn up to the event are casual players; or god forbid, new to the game and happen to decide to man the turrets at Teq or are on their own on one of the Marionette paths, you are correct the entire event will fail. It’s not about it being hard, its about designing an event so that everyone can contribute and the vent can be won without EVERY player having to search for and read a large instruction manual beforehand.

I do not want Easy Mode. This new world boss is a challenge. If someone can simply walk up to it and spam #1 all day long and win, then it’s not a challenge. So yes, if a newbie walks in and wants to contribute, that’s fine. Let him. If the event fails, it’s not just one person or a small group. And no, it’s not a matter of looking up guides. It’s about trail and error. Example: If an all out attack on one path or wurm doesn’t work, then alter your strategy.

I can’t wait until all world bosses are updated. New mechanics to old bosses would be refreshing.

Posted by: ThunderBadger.3049

ThunderBadger.3049

To the OP: I agree, waiting 2 hours for an event that is so complex it takes many tries to get it down, is ridiculous. They should at least shorten the wait time. And while coordinated efforts make for fun game play, they have to take into account the low populated servers, and adjust accordingly. Even when there are enough people, like you said, there’s name calling and insulting by trolls which doesn’t help the fighting at all. But that’s more of a community problem I guess. I don’t know why they keep making events like this which can be easily sabotaged by a couple of griefers, that’s bad game design. I don’t mean people who don’t have good gear, I mean people who are trying to derail the event on purpose. Which brings me to this:

And yes, I don’t give a kitten if you’re level 60 with Levelig Blues on and feel you’re entitled to see this content. If your presence in the content is having a negative affect on the others trying to attempt it ,you don’t belong there. Your personal enjoyment is not more important than the hundred other people there trying to make meaningful progress on these bosses.

If you truly feel that way, this game may not be a good fit for you. Everyone else has just as much of a right to be there as you. Gear? Doesn’t matter. If they’re willing to learn and take advice, they’ll be fine, which is nearly everyone. If they are running around fighting naked with no armor on, that is a troll (or a bot.) and yes, they should not be doing that event. Report that stupid kitten.

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I have only been playing the game for 4 months now but I must say that after seeing this new content for the first time (Lornar’s Passs) it is the worst I have seen since I started. I thought the Tower of Madness wasn’t very good, this is so much worse. It just builds on a zerg fest. It is too complicated and confusing, nobody knows what is going on or what to do, it requires tons of people to even try it and everyone just gets mad at everyone else and name calls and everything else. This is so disappointing. This will be content that after the first several days or week it will be dead as a lot of players won’t care to do it again and those that haven’t won’t be able to do it. Very sad! Anet’s thinking has really changed and the days of GW is gone and it’s time for WoW on Anet. We wasted 2 hours waiting for the event just so everyone dies, wastes their time, repair their armor and for what? More content several of us aren’t going to spend any money buying gems to support buying stuff in TP.

People like this are why the game launched with the original world bosses the way they were. Just run up to them and tap 1 until they die. Anything other than standing still and tapping 1 is confusing.

Posted by: Matlock.3421

Matlock.3421

You can defend the bosses all you want…doesn’t remove the fact that it’s too much coordination for open world content.

timidobserver.7925

You can defend the bosses all you want…doesn’t remove the fact that it’s too much coordination for open world content.

Yes, they should all be just like the shatterer. AFK pressing 1 while watching TV or doing something else.

This is why we can’t ever get any decent content. So much of the playerbase likes press 1 and AFK fights.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

So its a mindless zerg fest that is too complicated and confusing? I gotta say, it still amuses me that people make these posts day one about how its all too hard. Give it a week or two and it will be on farm status.

There’s a good chance that in a week or two the event will be dead on most servers. That’s what happened with Tequatl and now you have to be one of the privileged few on a populated server or join the TTS guild to get it done. Just turning up to your home server’s Tequatl event is pointless for most people because no-one will be there. In many ways, these events fail as large scale world events. They are too difficult and require too many people to be reliably completed on most servers and I honestly wonder why have them as open world events at all? If they aren’t being completed by the majority of open world groups, why not make it instanced and allow people to control spawn timers and map numbers?

Posted by: Matlock.3421

Matlock.3421

Yes, they should all be just like the shatterer. AFK pressing 1 while watching TV or doing something else.

This is why we can’t ever get any decent content. So much of the playerbase likes press 1 and AFK fights.

Did I ever say it had to be another Shatterer? I just told you that how it is now, less than 5% of the playerbase will actually get to complete any of this because they need to 1) join coordinated groups and their TS 2) wait a bunch of time 3) fight against evil overflows.

You make this kind of stuff that requires everyone to pull their weight, please make it in an instance, not in open world where one undergeared pug can ruin it all by failing a champion.

timidobserver.7925

Did I ever say it had to be another Shatterer? I just told you that how it is now, less than 5% of the playerbase will actually get to complete any of this because they need to 1) join coordinated groups and their TS 2) wait a bunch of time 3) fight against evil overflows.

You make this kind of stuff that requires everyone to pull their weight, please make it in an instance, not in open world where one undergeared pug can ruin it all by failing a champion.

I can agree with making it an instance.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

the thing is everyone has to run pure dps gear and build to kill the freaking wardens on time

if you got condi and direct damage then you’re lucky and can use rampager gear