05/17/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

TC offered us 30k gold, still considering the offer. FA doesn’t need BT to stay in T2 I don’t think, but hopefully they get an influx of pve players coming out to pull some weight since they cry so much about wvw bonuses.

The weather on TC is normally nice, however, we are having so much rain this time of year.

Jayne can confirm.

Attachments:

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

(edited by iCryptik.1496)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I don’t really see what the problem is, honestly. All that’s been said is that we need to buckle down and get on the same page. These things are being discussed in more detail behind closed doors, but I don’t see anything wrong with expressing a little self-awareness here. I know it’s important to keep morale up, but not everyone reads the server forums, and I think they deserve to know that people are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. Painting too rosy a picture (“we’re doing just great guys!! keep it up!!”) can have its consequences too, and some of them were manifest on Kaineng.

I don’t think there is a problem. The only people who mentioned potential drama on DB are TC folks. Drama is “not the DB way”. I value CO’s input on the matter, and anything they can do to keep us competitive in T2, I’m open to listening to.

As one of the TC people who pointed out that internal DB issues should be in the private DB forums, I’m glad to hear that drama doesn’t manifest itself on DB. Bring on the fights! :-)

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

TC offered us 30k gold, still considering the offer. FA doesn’t need BT to stay in T2 I don’t think, but hopefully they get an influx of pve players coming out to pull some weight since they cry so much about wvw bonuses.

The weather on TC is normally nice. We have so much rain this time of year.

Jayne can confirm.

Jayne is going to log back into game, come find you, and smack you, lol.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

Save ME!!! I would rather be out in the open field by myself. TC and FA on both sides armed with 10 Arrow Carts on each side. Firing on my position as 40+ zergs on me from both servers and stop to do a communal dance on my corpse. Both sides ignoring each other in what can only be described as collusion.

What am I doing right now? I am running sound for a Middle School Talent Show!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

LOL

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Dear TC – it has been a TON of fun fighting you guys! I wish you all the best!! To my friends that I’ve made there, please stay in touch! Our silly banter while you try to take our keeps was a LOT of fun!

Dear DB – I’ve fought with you, I’ve fought against you. I’ve made a lot of friends both ways. I’ve experienced your ups, and downs – you are true warriors – and I sincerely hope that in light of your recent transfers in that they and you begin/continue to uphold the sense of community that your foundation set down. Keep fighting the good fight!

And to FA…. It’s bittersweet – I wanted to stay, I wanted to go. In the end – I go where BT goes. Never been happier in a guild. I have had a lot of fun getting to know several of you in my few months there, and I wish you all the best – You’re gonna be just fine – It’s just a couple of guilds ! Please keep in touch! I’m very relieved that our departure was amicable for the most part (looking at you, Derv :P) You will continue to thrive, no doubt! And never lose that FA mentality!! ♥

There, my dramatic post is out of the way now.

Love you all!! ♥ ♥

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

So I hear TC offered BT 30k gold. Which is a rediculous amount but I guess TC can farm that sort of money. Is there an official announcement on which server BT has chosen?

DB’s NA needs you more than TC’s
Isn’t TC still full? (was when I left 2 weeks ago).

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

Dramatic snip

You’ll be missed on the forums, and BT will be missed on the battlefield. Come back and visit our matchup thread often!

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

So I hear TC offered BT 30k gold. Which is a rediculous amount but I guess TC can farm that sort of money. Is there an official announcement on which server BT has chosen?

I only have one goal in mind.

To kill the Wagonbrand.

AH HA HA HA HA!
http://youtu.be/UHscQhKwoms

Just kidding, DB completes me.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

(edited by iCryptik.1496)

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Wait. You were on TC? So YOU were Fascinating Gift, lol!

Also, I believe they’re trolling. Don’t you recall you saying you needed that much for CO? Lol.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

It’s almost $10,000.

LOL sorry, had to go there. Doesn’t sound like an official TC offer or the way I’ve seen TC do business, so I doubt the truthfulness of that rumor quite a bit. I’ve been here for a few months now, and all I’ve ever seen is TC offering to help transferring WvW guilds farm for gold.

Edit – and I’d agree that DB’s NA needs the help much more than TC does. TC could use some SEA. How about BT goes to DB and NNK comes to TC?

Haha I jest, I jest!

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

But but…. Eva… /sniffle. I just got here.. like today even! I never got a chance to RP walk Yaks with you or anything… kitten .

You guys have fun where ever you go.

Toasted Coaster

in Match-ups

Mayoken.9851

Meeeeeeeeeow Chipotle is better than toooaast.

in Match-ups

Mayoken.9851

Well personally I’d love to work with BT. You guys know what you are doing and present yourselves as mature.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

But but…. Eva… /sniffle. I just got here.. like today even! I never got a chance to RP walk Yaks with you or anything… kitten .

You guys have fun where ever you go.

I’m still on FA – we can RP walk yaks tonight after I finish packing for my trip

As far as the xfer, destination still unknown.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

The weather on TC is normally nice. We have so much rain this time of year.

Jayne can confirm.

Jayne is going to log back into game, come find you, and smack you, lol.

Ah, lovers’ quarrel. Boy, Mayo really wants BT to transfer to DB.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harrish.8743

Harrish.8743

Bah, where’s the fun in that? Let’s have an auction.

On behalf of TC I’ll open the bidding at 2 slightly used wizard hats, a 20-sided dice, 4 dozen cookies, an autographed Commander Busey beach towel, and a personalized sonnet composed by one of our traveling RP bards.

Hellfire Circus [HfC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Bah, where’s the fun in that? Let’s have an auction.

On behalf of TC I’ll open the bidding at 2 slightly used wizard hats, a 20-sided dice, 4 dozen cookies, an autographed Commander Busey beach towel, and a personalized sonnet composed by one of our traveling RP bards.

Dragonbrand offers a dusty trail, a creaking wagon, and most likely, dysentery.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Dear TC – it has been a TON of fun fighting you guys! I wish you all the best!! To my friends that I’ve made there, please stay in touch! Our silly banter while you try to take our keeps was a LOT of fun!

Dear DB – I’ve fought with you, I’ve fought against you. I’ve made a lot of friends both ways. I’ve experienced your ups, and downs – you are true warriors – and I sincerely hope that in light of your recent transfers in that they and you begin/continue to uphold the sense of community that your foundation set down. Keep fighting the good fight!

And to FA…. It’s bittersweet – I wanted to stay, I wanted to go. In the end – I go where BT goes. Never been happier in a guild. I have had a lot of fun getting to know several of you in my few months there, and I wish you all the best – You’re gonna be just fine – It’s just a couple of guilds ! Please keep in touch! I’m very relieved that our departure was amicable for the most part (looking at you, Derv :P) You will continue to thrive, no doubt! And never lose that FA mentality!! ♥

There, my dramatic post is out of the way now.

Love you all!! ♥ ♥

Pce ev and the rest of BT was fun fighting against you while we were on DB and was fun rolling ppl with you.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

@ Evalana.5480
Dose this make it all better that BT is leaving? I am sry i cant think this is a good thing at all.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

With the new WvW ratings change, other guilds might join you guys… although not necessarily to another server >_<

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

With the new WvW ratings change, other guilds might join you guys… although not necessarily to another server >_<

That is the thing i do not get about BT mainly why leave before a major update to the match up. I am fearful that they are kind of shooting them self in the foot because they are moving to a world that has Q nearly all the time they are just simply going to have a harder time getting into WvW. I have no idea what being in a T1 world will give you over being in a T2 or T3 world.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Well I guess many could be happy about the JQ vs DB matchup

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

That is the thing i do not get about BT mainly why leave before a major update to the match up. I am fearful that they are kind of shooting them self in the foot because they are moving to a world that has Q nearly all the time they are just simply going to have a harder time getting into WvW. I have no idea what being in a T1 world will give you over being in a T2 or T3 world.

There is no such thing as having Q’s nearly all the time in this game anymore, even on T1 servers (except on resets).

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I think whoever said DB needs more EU is right, not necessarily NA. I play in the late morning/early afternoons server time, and that’s when we’re the weakest; that’s when we lose everything SEA gained. I assumed that was NA time because I live in North America, but that is a pretty shallow deduction.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Well I guess many could be happy about the JQ vs DB matchup

That’s just an example in the article not necessarily what it will be next week… this will definitely shake things up but only time will tell if it is better or worse.

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

In fairness, they haven’t actually decided on a destination server yet and haven’t finalised anything.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Reposting what I said on the FA forums this morning:

It is not with a light heart we made this decision. For most of us, our fun in this matchup had dwindled so much that many were considering leaving the game. However, none of us, as individual players, were yet ready to throw in the WvW towel. So we were left with a hard choice:

Leave the server we love and enjoy the remaining days of WvW somewhere else, or remain on FA and suffer the slow bleed out of players from lack of fun.

For the health of our members and guild, we have elected to move somewhere else. We have nothing but the utmost respect and love for our battle brothers on FA (don’t listen to our forum warriors). Our decision has nothing to do with FA; its a result of ANets stupid WvW decisions.

It will be with a hesitant hand and heavy heart that I will have to change the intro of our videos to say something other than, “Fort Aspenwood”.

But in the future, when BT continues our tradition of excellence somewhere else and people ask how we do what we do… I won’t say it was T2 tactics. I won’t say it was T3 tactics.

I’ll say it was Fort Aspenwood.

Much love to you all and keep on kicking kitten .

- Jon (Quenta)

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Funniest part of my evening (and this is no way trying to make fun of, it was just hilarious and unfortunate timing to me): DB breaks down west gate garri door on dbbl and JUST as they portal their golems to the inner main gate, our zerg comes out the inner gate lands right on top of the portal as the golems port to gate. Nobody could have possibly timed that. It was just one of those omg moments.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Notice he said ‘’if we apply’’ and ’’might’’. That chart looks like an example to me, based on the devs wording.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Notice he said ‘’if we apply’’ and ’’might’’. That chart looks like an example to me, based on the devs wording.

Exactly.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in Match-ups

Mayoken.9851

Looks like we get to fight different opponents.
Awesome. Excited for new match ups.
DB go hard this next week !

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Noooooo! After so many weeks of fighting TC, I dunno what I’ll do without them.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Yes, I am sure blow-out matches will be uber fun, specially when KN goes against JQ, that will make a great match right?

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

Reposting what I said on the FA forums this morning:

It is not with a light heart we made this decision. For most of us, our fun in this matchup had dwindled so much that many were considering leaving the game. However, none of us, as individual players, were yet ready to throw in the WvW towel. So we were left with a hard choice:

Leave the server we love and enjoy the remaining days of WvW somewhere else, or remain on FA and suffer the slow bleed out of players from lack of fun.

For the health of our members and guild, we have elected to move somewhere else. We have nothing but the utmost respect and love for our battle brothers on FA (don’t listen to our forum warriors). Our decision has nothing to do with FA; its a result of ANets stupid WvW decisions.

It will be with a hesitant hand and heavy heart that I will have to change the intro of our videos to say something other than, “Fort Aspenwood”.

But in the future, when BT continues our tradition of excellence somewhere else and people ask how we do what we do… I won’t say it was T2 tactics. I won’t say it was T3 tactics.

I’ll say it was Fort Aspenwood.

Much love to you all and keep on kicking kitten .

- Jon (Quenta)

Im glad to see this post Quenta. Loved seeing you on the battlefield. Love running with you. And your videos always put a smile on my face. The Christmas one is very much near and dear to Aspenwooders that have seen it.

I did not know that this was the reason for the leave. And now I feel that I must take back my previous posts. Which was more on selfishness on my part. I wish you BT’ers the best. And will gladly honor you in battle. Tho, in the future if WvW gets going in the right direction… and whatever server you choose, ends up stale. Fort Aspenwood’s gates will be unlocked and open for your happy return.

Sgt Rock aka Brokenhead Bob

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

The weekly dolyak parade successfully invaded FA’s borderland keep, providing toast, cookies, and pre-furnished housing to all lucky enough to be nearby. After the dust had settled and FA had consumed the eats and carted off the furniture, one majestic sound could be heard dancing upon the wind..

HONK

DOLYAK FOREVER

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

Yes, I am sure blow-out matches will be uber fun, specially when KN goes against JQ, that will make a great match right?

I’m kind of worried about this too. I understand the concerns about stagnant tiers, but I worry that the match ups will be too stressful on some WvW guilds. One week you might win by like 50k, but you won’t even know who your next opponent is until reset. And then BAM! it’s Blackgate or TC and you have to WvW 24/7 to have a chance of just staying in the match.

I like the idea of having different opponents, but I wonder if the WvW population is really large enough to make them consistently interesting. It would be better if ANet could consider merging some of the lower population servers. I know that will never happen because it makes the game look like it’s not selling enough copies, but I think it would go a long way towards making the WvW matchups more fun and interesting.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

Servers still maintain their same true rankings, and a lower server can still gain significant points against a higher ranked server just by not getting beaten ‘too horribly’, whereas that higher ranked server would really have nowhere to go but down when fighting a (much) lower server.

The randomness may indeed lead to matches that are just super blowouts and not fun at all, but I’m willing to give this system a chance. It sounds like the best one they can implement, particularly for tiers where the matches are just never even anyway. We’ve been lucky in T2 with relatively even matches over the past few weeks, but most tiers aren’t this tight..

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I’d like the new system more if they offered Free Transfers to all Servers below T2.

Allow the population to spread out a bit and this will be a much better system than we have now.

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Oh hey we got our Garri back! And FA kindly flipped bay and hills :>

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

In before SoR/DB/TC matchup…anyone? :O

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

lets not be hasty, FA still has players

in Match-ups

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Can we do one last dolyak parade with BT before BT transfers? I got my potions ready already! But most likely, I will be the lone karka in a sea of dolyaks, snapping at the dolyaks’ ankles >:)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Match-ups

Mayoken.9851

I am hungry. Feed me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

lets not be hasty, FA still has players

DB/SoR/TC/FA matchup

4-way. Just how I like it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Fun fights tonight in DB bls. FA decided to help DB get their bls back. your welcome

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

Good fights today in TC BL/DB BL/FA BL

Can’t wait to see what May 28th brings.

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Mayoken.9851

Looks like we got one last match up between our three servers. Man, FA, I feel for you guys. Anets systems keeps hurting servers :/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke.6037

Zeke.6037

Thanks for the fun fights this week TC and FA!

Sad to see BT and VK leaving FA. Regardless, best of luck on which ever server you guys chose!

[Lost] Diva
SF-GOM-SOS-BG-ET-DB-MAG-JQ-SOS-JQ-SOS-TC-BP-TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

So I hear TC offered BT 30k gold.

I assure you there isn’t an iota of truth to that…

Even if TC would do something so stupid….the server’s full and they couldn’t transfer anyway.

in Match-ups

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

So I hear TC offered BT 30k gold.

I assure you there isn’t an iota of truth to that…

Even if TC would do something so stupid….the server’s full and they couldn’t transfer anyway.

I’d rather they send me 60g so I can be a troll commander

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.