05/17 T3: Maguuma/Kaineng/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nozzie.2067

Nozzie.2067

Whenever I look at the lower part of the wvw pie chart I see a demon eating a hotdog.

Who’s with me?

Never noticed it before, but now that you’ve mentioned it I can see what you mean. It’s like a Rorschach Test.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

I sure hope whoever makes the next thread doesn’t open it with a question again. It’s pretty awesome to see this dudes playlist every time I go to check this thread.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Yeah. Fox is a little…unusual. But we love him anyway. Not my type of music really but to each his own.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

New suggested playlist:

Soulja Boy – Turn My Swag On
The Lonely Island – YOLO
Rebecca Black – Friday
Justin Bieber – Baby
Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
Psy – Gangnam Style

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Runehand.9368

New suggested playlist:

The Lonely Island – YOLO
Rebecca Black – Friday
Justin Bieber – Baby
Psy – Gangnam Style

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

New suggested playlist:

The Lonely Island – YOLO
Rebecca Black – Friday
Justin Bieber – Baby
Psy – Gangnam Style

The titles kind of tell a story, I approve.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Posted by: luwe.1496

luwe.1496

We finally took out the waypoint for KBL Hills. Grats to the oceanic commanders that took it. I wonder what strategy prevailed?

Epic fight in Mag BL Bay as well. You can always trust Mag to throw everything including the kitchen sink when doing defense.

Also had fun fighting Yak’s Bend for Outlook Keep earlier as well. We kept running back to contest the Lord’s Room.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

New suggested playlist:

The Lonely Island – YOLO
Rebecca Black – Friday
Justin Bieber – Baby
Psy – Gangnam Style

I like your style

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

Wait, Mag throws stuff? I though they preferred stacks of ACs? Too bad I wasn’t there.

CrSy/LaWz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Hey Yak’s… I heard you said you wouldn’t lose your garrison anymore this week.

Whoops.

Held it till Thursday. I think it was well done.
Oh BTW, you guys lost yours before us to Kaineng.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Wait, Mag throws stuff? I though they preferred stacks of ACs? Too bad I wasn’t there.

Sometimes we use rams.

Held it till Thursday. I think it was well done.
Oh BTW, you guys lost yours before us to Kaineng.

You’re forgetting reset, but yes arrow carts are pretty good these days.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

We finally took out the waypoint for KBL Hills. Grats to the oceanic commanders that took it. I wonder what strategy prevailed?

Epic fight in Mag BL Bay as well. You can always trust Mag to throw everything including the kitchen sink when doing defense.

Also had fun fighting Yak’s Bend for Outlook Keep earlier as well. We kept running back to contest the Lord’s Room.

We lost hills at the same time as the Bay fight was going on (about 2 hours in out of 6). Heavily outnumbered, topped off with arrow cart glitching through walls. Not our preferred way of losing it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: luwe.1496

luwe.1496

Gotta love that ram between Wildcreek and Rogue’s Quarry laced with traps. Random people looking for extra 5 wxp keep getting hit by it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

PS that ~6 hour defence of our West Keep almost breaks the all time record, which belongs to another oceanic zerg (db) which topped out at 7 hours i think (and we didn’t lose it then either). Maybe next time

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Gotta love that ram between Wildcreek and Rogue’s Quarry laced with traps. Random people looking for extra 5 wxp keep getting hit by it.

Thats…genius

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

PS that ~6 hour defence of our West Keep almost breaks the all time record, which belongs to another oceanic zerg (db) which topped out at 7 hours i think (and we didn’t lose it then either). Maybe next time

u forgot that one time when we held west keep from FA for 8 hours and lost it cuze we went to sleep

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

Not sure if dedicated or…..

CrSy/LaWz

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

Sigh Not this again. I doubt Mag would even feel the need to hack. After all, from what I’ve seen, they are masters of AC placement and usage. A few bad apples does not a bad orchard make.

CrSy/LaWz

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

Complain about anet not fixing arrow carts, not a handful of people exploiting the windowed mode oversight on each and every server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

I was on the arrow cart you are complaining about. You can hit all those arrow carts you placed when you have the radius upgrade. No zoom hacks required.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryopsis.6081

Kryopsis.6081

Whenever I look at the lower part of the wvw pie chart I see a demon eating a hotdog.

Who’s with me?

Brilliant!

[…]

Missed connections:
I miss you already – n4n

I ran into you outside Bluelake Tower on Yak’s Bend borderlands. You were a tank Necromancer, I was a tank Necromancer. You attacked me, and I said /no but your actions implied /yes. You dropped down all your wells and we had an intimate 10 minutes, until some dumb ranger ran past us and shot down what was left of your healthbar. Our dance was a slow and dignified dance of death, cleansing and renewal. Blood and corruption swirled around us, as each of us bled organic wisps of darkness and swarms of luminescent green insects traced intricate patterns in the dusk. Slowly but decisively, I gained the upper hand and I was willing to let you go. You chose to stay, which made my heart race as I was siphoning life out of you. Then the stupid ranger appeared out of nowhere and shot you full of stupid arrows. Bang, bang, my (stupid) ranger shot you down!

To the nameless tank Necromancer, I wish you were with me again. I was reluctant to spend time with you but you proved me wrong and presented me your lootbag. I wish I could tell you how much this meant to me.

Also, my dagger is a lot longer than yours.

Kraum Karnaj / Björn Björnsson
“The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference
what you say.” – Motörhead – Ace of Spades

in Match-ups

Posted by: Argis.7049

Argis.7049

Great GvG last night against RAM from Yak’s Bend.

Final Score: ME: 3 RAM: 0

RAM were very respectable and honorable opponents. Very organized as well. Although the fights may not seem really close, I believe RAM has a lot of potential to become really good open field fighters. Who knows, maybe we’ll have a rematch someday.

And yes, I was the person who dropped the magic find bonfire. Hope nobody got offended by it or anything, it was all in good fun. I had to do something, after all, I am from Maguuma.

Myrmidon Elite [ME] – Arkham [Ark] – Maguuma
PvP/WvW videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/noscopeentertainment/videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

My only experience with RAM is the few times I’ve faced them in open field. They run a little PVT heavy for their own good at times, and I’ve found don’t do too much damage.

But it’s been a week or two since I’ve last seen them run as a guild. Still, they acted as a powerful front line for the glassier pubbies at times, so it works out in general wub play.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

Big salute to Kaineng forces for their tenacity and courage. As long as you keep trying and improving yourselves, WvW will be more fun as you roll over the enemy forces in the field till they fear you so much that they just hide up in their tower.

Achievements this week for a ex-T2 / T8 server :

(1) Retaking Fully Upgraded Kaineng Hills
(2) Taking Fully Upgraded enemy borderlands Garrison guarded by their elite guilds
(3) Ability to retake SM Castle multiple times
(4) Successful defence of EB Keep

The improvements are there, keep fighting the good fight !

(edited by Sol.8341)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

Complain about anet not fixing arrow carts, not a handful of people exploiting the windowed mode oversight on each and every server.

I totally disagree with your thoughts on this. Arrow Carts are usable by all so it’s fair to all. When they tweak / fix it, everyone will be affected.

Smart placements can be learned but there is a fine line between lame and fair on this.

Exploits by even just one bad sheep benefits the whole server in WvW during that time. The damage from a superior AC in a position untouchable by enemy is horribly lame and should be addressed as soon as possible. It’s is fun when you are the one using that superior AC to shred the enemy and feel superior godlike but when you are on the receiving end, it’s not so fun. I am sure these exploits are not by design and should be addressed as soon as possible as they degrade the WvW experience.

Arrow Carts are designed to have low health and have a dead zone to balance it’s AOE capabilities. In a big fight with 30 on each side, an exploiter using one superior AC can benefit tremendously his 30 friends but give the 30 opponents a terrible time. In total, it affects 60 people. An analogy is : Shooting fish in a barrel becomes boring after some time.

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

I’m talking about the exploit to fire over walls and such, not just an arrow cart in a good spot. Maguuma has been on the receiving end and I agree it’s pretty awful.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Big salute to Kaineng forces for their tenacity and courage. As long as you keep trying and improving yourselves, WvW will be more fun as you roll over the enemy forces in the field till they fear you so much that they just hide up in their tower.

Achievements this week for a ex-T2 / T8 server :

(1) Retaking Fully Upgraded Kaineng Hills
(2) Taking Fully Upgraded enemy borderlands Garrison guarded by their elite guilds
(3) Ability to retake SM Castle multiple times
(4) Successful defence of EB Keep

The improvements are there, keep fighting the good fight !

Rah rah, Kaineng. You can do it.

Edit: Tbh, I never get tired of farming people with sup ACs. It’s probably the highlight of my nights. <3 Alamo time at a keep.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Who’s with me?

Brilliant!

[…]

Missed connections:
I miss you already – n4n

I ran into you outside Bluelake Tower on Yak’s Bend borderlands. You were a tank Necromancer, I was a tank Necromancer. You attacked me, and I said /no but your actions implied /yes. You dropped down all your wells and we had an intimate 10 minutes, until some dumb ranger ran past us and shot down what was left of your healthbar. Our dance was a slow and dignified dance of death, cleansing and renewal. Blood and corruption swirled around us, as each of us bled organic wisps of darkness and swarms of luminescent green insects traced intricate patterns in the dusk. Slowly but decisively, I gained the upper hand and I was willing to let you go. You chose to stay, which made my heart race as I was siphoning life out of you. Then the stupid ranger appeared out of nowhere and shot you full of stupid arrows. Bang, bang, my (stupid) ranger shot you down!

To the nameless tank Necromancer, I wish you were with me again. I was reluctant to spend time with you but you proved me wrong and presented me your lootbag. I wish I could tell you how much this meant to me.

Also, my dagger is a lot longer than yours.

I wish that was me. What a lucky guy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

Last night was a lot of fun. Thank you Mag’s and Yak’s.

Here is a video of the hills defense last night:

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

Something’s up with the color in your game. Otherwise I liked it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryopsis.6081

Kryopsis.6081

[VIDEO]

What a dark, violent and bleak video! * gasp *
I am picturing Frank Miller spreading strawberry jam on his toasts while listening to Joy Division, in a Gothic mansion recently renovated by a team of colourblind contractors.

We on Maguuma are far less dramatic. We like to have fun and we don’t take things seriously. Just ask PYRO’s glorious leader, Paralal… Parla… Prada… this guy:
http://i.imgur.com/OgtrnFq.png

Kraum Karnaj / Björn Björnsson
“The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference
what you say.” – Motörhead – Ace of Spades

in Match-ups

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Score update. Our Oceanic crew often erase a 4,000 point deficit over night. Yesterday they must have worked extra hard and almost erased an 7,000 point deficit between Kaineng and Yak’s. Its very close now.

If only we can get our players more organized, and get a few more NA & EU players here, we can cause some serious damage.

I also got a message for Yak’s. How do you guys feel about a general server merge? You guys have a great NA presence, but lacks Oceanic. We have a great Oceanic presence, but lacks NA. If we combine we will become one single great server. We enjoyed how nice you guys are on the forums, so I think we will get along just fine.

Attachments:

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Great GvG last night against RAM from Yak’s Bend.

Final Score: ME: 3 RAM: 0

RAM were very respectable and honorable opponents. Very organized as well. Although the fights may not seem really close, I believe RAM has a lot of potential to become really good open field fighters. Who knows, maybe we’ll have a rematch someday.

And yes, I was the person who dropped the magic find bonfire. Hope nobody got offended by it or anything, it was all in good fun. I had to do something, after all, I am from Maguuma.

I’ve seen RAM around in Yak’s, I’ve actually spent some time following just to see how they play and I can tell you they could have had a better match against Me.

I’ve come to known their weaknesses, one of them is lack of variety when it comes to classes, by this video you can actually see it, but that’s what I like from them, I’m pretty sure they learned a lot from it, they are really humble when it comes to commanding, not knowing where to drop siege and asking pugs or anyone who could know where it could be the best place to drop X siege, they still a small guild but I’m sure they will become really good and some of them just need to be more patient with pugs XD

I moved to Yaks like 2 months ago and I come from JQ, not trying to be a kitten, I am just giving my opinion

By the way RAM I’m that wierd mesmer (Paradise Circus) who is always following you in EB, even when you’re not commanding and running as a guild xD

All classes

in Match-ups

John Widdin.9618

That Maguuma General in PYRO looks suspiciously like Paralda. Paralda, what were you thinking?

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

Runehand.9368

Score update. Our Oceanic crew often erase a 4,000 point deficit over night. Yesterday they must have worked extra hard and almost erased an 7,000 point deficit between Kaineng and Yak’s. Its very close now.

If only we can get our players more organized, and get a few more NA & EU players here, we can cause some serious damage.

I also got a message for Yak’s. How do you guys feel about a general server merge? You guys have a great NA presence, but lacks Oceanic. We have a great Oceanic presence, but lacks NA. If we combine we will become one single great server. We enjoyed how nice you guys are on the forums, so I think we will get along just fine.

Yeah, we’ve pretty much had all the same people/guilds since launch. It’s very stable. Nobody leaves, it’s just that we haven’t been able to attract Oceanics here.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

John Widdin.9618

Yeah, we’ve pretty much had all the same people/guilds since launch. It’s very stable. Nobody leaves, it’s just that we haven’t been able to attract Oceanics here.

The real question, is do you want it? Transfers are a slippery slope.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

That Maguuma General in PYRO looks suspiciously like Paralda. Paralda, what were you thinking?

Oh, that was Xushin’s karma train. He said push, so I obliged.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

So, would anyone agree than Paralda is the very model of a modern major general in that vid?

CrSy/LaWz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

So you want to destabilize an entire tier because you still hold the delusion that KN is a T1/2 server. Lawdy. Logic akittens finest.

Edit: lolwut. If you combine “at” with the word “its” right afterwards, you get censored. Ingenious.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

(edited by Boonprot.6274)

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

So you want to destabilize an entire tier because you still hold the delusion that KN is a T1/2 server. Lawdy. Logic akittens finest.

I dunno, when they 2v1’d us that was the most exciting Also, how will KN beat JQ without more people??

in Match-ups

Posted by: toxify.6241

toxify.6241

Here is something you guys should watch enjoy compliments of Myrmidon Elite [ME]

&

ME-ArK

(edited by toxify.6241)

in Match-ups

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

You Mag and Kaineng, have nothing on BV.

Here’s proof we wreck you guys.

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

15 minutes of that? I hope I didn’t miss any easter eggs by not watching all of it…

in Match-ups

Runehand.9368

I wanna make a brag video too.

It’ll be of me ‘roaming’. I’ll stealth up, stalk, kite and eventually backstab chickens, rats, and rabbits. I’ll do this for 20 minutes, all the while trash talking idiot mosquitos and noob rabbits in party chat and mumble. I’ll even write notes on my video noting things like ‘typical chicken zerg didn’t even see me coming’.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

Pfft, allow me to show you my amazing video.

BOW TO ME MORTALS!

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

It’ll be of me ‘roaming’. I’ll stealth up, stalk, kite and eventually backstab chickens, rats, and rabbits. I’ll do this for 20 minutes, all the while trash talking idiot mosquitos and noob rabbits in party chat and mumble. I’ll even write notes on my video noting things like ‘typical chicken zerg didn’t even see me coming’.

Please do this, in all seriousness be sure to include lots of wubwubs

in Match-ups

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

15 minutes of that? I hope I didn’t miss any easter eggs by not watching all of it…

15 minutes. sped up too. LOL We spent over 1.5 hours doing this out of boredom last night lol

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

in Match-ups

Posted by: Albo.7605

Albo.7605

Please do this, in all seriousness be sure to include lots of wubwubs

Yeah lmao, I would love to see this! xD

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

15 minutes. sped up too. LOL We spent over 1.5 hours doing this out of boredom last night lol

Yeah…I was bored enough that I actually did fractals last night ;_;

in Match-ups

Runehand.9368

This will be my soundtrack.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]