08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Juunro.7082

Juunro.7082

On an unrelated note, real warriors use axe/shield and don’t do the whole Main-hand sword free jumpy teleporty sissy nonsense. Playing ring around the zerg on my little Asura warrior was fun this week though; there’s a certain heart thumping adrenalin feeling to knowing that, somewhere out there, there’s a group of YB that outnumbers you 3 to 1 at minimum.

I didn’t really play during Primetime much, as that’s when my Payday 2 crew was all online and there were felonies to commit, but during off-hours it was often ridiculous. Good game though.

As for hacking:

It’s usually very, very clear when someone is actually hacking. For example, last week a friend of mine and I engaged an upleveled Mesmer in the BL who was clearly wearing the starter gear. He hit me for just shy of 30000 damage with what appeared to be an autoattack. That was hacking.

Getting into weird places or exploiting terrain is questionable, but not actually hacking per se.

If you see someone running around under the world, shooting out through the ground (a terrain edit hack that was endemic in Warsong Gulch during The Burning Crusade back in my WoW days) then feel free to call hax, but someone showing up some place unexpectedly probably means you should have been more aware of your surroundings.

Axe Murdering, Longbowing tiny Asura Mohawk’d Warrior

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

Nope we call hax liberally. It endears us to our opponents, winning or losing. People have said that Hax Bend is a better server than Yaks Bend and after this week I have to agree.

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

Nope we call hax liberally. It endears us to our opponents, winning or losing. People have said that Hax Bend is a better server than Yaks Bend and after this week I have to agree.

This coming from troll peaks ROFL

/amusement

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

It’s hard to take anyone in your guild seriously when your commanders are complicit in this.

I shouldn’t have to remind those trying to implicate an entire guild that anyone can get a commander tag. While our ranks are somewhat sorted to have those known to actively use their tag in wvw in the appropriate rank, they are not the only ones that have it. This of course complicates the matter of actually finding who is being accused and determining whether they have actually done anything.

I see plenty of accusations in this thread, from all sides, of another team glitching into towers, through gates, or doing this and that under suspicious circumstances. It is often impossible to determine if these claims are true, someone mistakenly labeling legit gameplay as cheating, or outright lying. There are only a couple instances I have any specific information about, largely because posting such information here is not allowed. But any that I do know/find out about, I intend to do what I can to ensure it does not happen again, or at least does not happen under my guild’s banner.

Human Male wearing Sunrise, wearing a tag everytime I see him. Can’t be that hard to figure out.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

dank.3680

The most hilarious part of this whole HACK discussion. Is if you look in almost every other matchup thread you can almost see our conversation repeated.

I love how everyone initial response when they are losing is

HACKS!

I’ve played WvW since release, I’ve never once accused someone of hacking on this forum. I have been on a lot of servers who lost a match and that never bothered me. I don’t go around haphazardly accusing people of things but I KNOW what I saw..

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ronin.4501

Ronin.4501

While I agree with most everything you said here, you do realize it was a member of your guild (and one of your commanders) that was the one repeatedly caught hacking into enemy spawns? I suppose you’ve expelled them from your guild then?

I wasn’t there, however if you’re referring to a borderlands citadel I can say that’s far from “hacking”. You can literally jump into that place.

No, this was into SBI’s spawn on YB’s BL. And they didn’t enter through the stairs leading up to the waypoint either. I’d give more specifics, but I’m certain it would result in an infraction.

Ah alright. Yeah that’s a bit questionable.

I think it is something similar to the citadel, getting around the teleport barrier on the main entrance. I know I’ve walked right into an enemy spawn area on EBG using stealth, but didn’t get far in before I hit the barrier and got teleport back outside.

I agree that someone should not be able to get in there, but I don’t think there is any actual “hack” to it.

edit: I’m not going to say anything about how it’s done, but it’s easily done. No hacks or glitches involved, but it’s certainly an oversight in level design.

Ronin.4501

And you’re right, a few incidents don’t necessarily reflect an entire server…but when it’s more than a dozen in one week, it does reflect poorly on the entire server.

I would consider a dozen to be quite few incidents considering the thousands of players on each server. That is by no means a significant portion of YB’s population, or even just my own guild’s.

The individual in question didn’t come in through the main entrance at all, but rather through an area where one would seemingly need the ability to fly to gain access.

And while I can’t speak of accusations made in matches SBI was not a part of, players from our server rarely even bother to post in these threads (regarding hacks or otherwise)…until this week. As others from both NSP and SBI have suggested, Yaks Bend seems to make much greater use of such exploits than do the other servers we have faced. Ignore it, deny it, make excuses all you like, but it still gives your server a bad name.

Ronin V/Skhaar/Vicious Blacktongue
Dog Biscuits [DOG] – Stormbluff Isle
Self-Proclaimed King of Orr – “It’s MY Island”

(edited by Ronin.4501)

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

This coming from troll peaks ROFL

/amusement

Wait you still think I am from NSP? Lulz. Let me give you a little hint. Always look at peoples post history. Its key when kittening.

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Should I list all SBI hacking background? :P

Remember how WM used to glitch in garry through wg?

They could have had any excuse to do so but still, that’s hacking. ^ ^

So… SBI you’re not in the best position to accuse others.

You have done it before and you still do it.

All classes

(edited by Art.9820)

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

Oh no you didn’t Art. How dare you bring up those very painful memories from our servers past. Stay classy Hax Bend.

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Oh no you didn’t Art. How dare you bring up those very painful memories from our servers past. Stay classy Hax Bend.

No worries, I stay classy, my stormpuff buddy

All classes

(edited by Art.9820)

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

A few things,

Starting off – thank you SBI/NSP for the massive amount of WXP this morning. Our [One] guys were all popping our wxp boosters – gained 13 levels in just a few hours of keep swapping. :p

For SBI – good week with you guys. I don’t understand your server that much though, you guys have great numbers and ability to actually push PPT but you dont choose to do that. I don’t understand why though. Last night a prime example when we were running around – In danelon, it was just our [One] guys and some off our TS3. You guys had 3+ guilds in there trying to working together vs only one. We had 35 people only at our peak. You guys even overkilled it moreso with siege. I know a lot of your guilds like TE and BEAST are learning open field combat, but practicing by yourselves is better than just sheer numbers.

Breaking those guilds up, could of won you this week I believe.

[One]

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

The newest member of the Bird family. ímmortal

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

The newest member of the Bird family. ímmortal

Does this mean you’ll be getting back into WvW more? With Smit on leave and our old mute commander buddies MIA, this would be fantastic news.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

The individual in question didn’t come in through the main entrance at all, but rather through an area where one would seemingly need the ability to fly to gain access.

As I said above, there is no hack required to do this. There is certainly no flying involved It’s stupidly simple to do. I have now seen it done (I only know of a few that are aware of how) and was able to follow myself, although I got myself killed just inside.

I’m not going to defend it as normal, intended, or something that should be happening. But it’s definitely not hacking.

Juunro.7082

It’s usually very, very clear when someone is actually hacking. For example, last week a friend of mine and I engaged an upleveled Mesmer in the BL who was clearly wearing the starter gear. He hit me for just shy of 30000 damage with what appeared to be an autoattack. That was hacking.

Any mes, especially an upleveled one, hitting for that much in a single attack is well beyond suspicious. But you have no way at all of telling what gear they are actually wearing based on its appearance. You can transmute any piece of gear you want with your starter set’s skin.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Chris.4527

[One] really doesn’t play for points either. We roam map to map looking for fights, possibly flipping keeps or coming to the aid of our server if a fight is brewing since we’re always located in the servers TS3.

Us [One] guys are the lunatics who go golem crazy in the morning hours. It’s just for fun, fighting these lower tiers is all about WXP till we eventually get up in tiers. :p Why not use it! It’s great the things you can accomplish when your guild works together.

But overall, like last night, and many other nights before that. You guys had supreme numbers by far like 3-5 guilds vs just ours :p. Splitting your forces up will give you more rewarding fights. Us [One] guys still ran into you, like last night for example when you guys outnumbered us 2:1 since its the closest thing we can get for good fights in this tier.

During NA hours, you guys are definitely much stronger then yaks bend. I hope if we run into you guys again, you split them massive groups you guys have up a bit though.

In the lower tiers, you will only find worse guilds in open field combat. If you’re wanting to excel as a guild other than slaughtering pug groups – PPT might be something you’ll care about. I would think you would want more fights with us [One] guys, I am sure you guys picked up a bit more things in your arsenal this week after fighting a stronger guild than just a normal zerg, yeah?

[One]

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: AKLbow.2463

AKLbow.2463

YB vs SBI vs NSP vs Moderator.

Moderator won.

[Envy]
Viohlent – Thief

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

mrstealth.6701

Still labeling an entire guild because someone else thinks they’ve found a hacker? I’m not going to say that wall/gate glitching doesn’t exist (I know for a fact that NW tower has been broken since release, and sometimes that gate cannot even by hit by rams/golems), but blaming it all on a single guild is beyond absurdity.

Of all the Bay caps I have been along on, I’ve never seen any of my guild’s regulars (or anyone else at all, for that matter) using or abusing any glitches. As for the NW tower, I know of more than a few instances where someone has unintentionally ended up inside the tower. I’m not sure how often this happens, but that is a huge temptation to abuse it. It doesn’t excuse it, it doesn’t make it right, it is still abusing a glitch, but it is not hacking.

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

[One] really doesn’t play for points either. We roam map to map looking for fights, possibly flipping keeps or coming to the aid of our server if a fight is brewing since we’re always located in the servers TS3.

Us [One] guys are the lunatics who go golem crazy in the morning hours. It’s just for fun, fighting these lower tiers is all about WXP till we eventually get up in tiers. :p Why not use it! It’s great the things you can accomplish when your guild works together.

But overall, like last night, and many other nights before that. You guys had supreme numbers by far like 3-5 guilds vs just ours :p. Splitting your forces up will give you more rewarding fights. Us [One] guys still ran into you, like last night for example when you guys outnumbered us 2:1 since its the closest thing we can get for good fights in this tier.

During NA hours, you guys are definitely much stronger then yaks bend. I hope if we run into you guys again, you split them massive groups you guys have up a bit though.

In the lower tiers, you will only find worse guilds in open field combat. If you’re wanting to excel as a guild other than slaughtering pug groups – PPT might be something you’ll care about. I would think you would want more fights with us [One] guys, I am sure you guys picked up a bit more things in your arsenal this week after fighting a stronger guild than just a normal zerg, yeah?

Who is he talking to?

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

dank.3680

Who is he talking to?

Himself as usual.. Yes Chris we know you are the master of all tactics and the best player in the game, and by extension so is anyone else who follows you around ([ONE]). You don’t have to repeatedly tell us about it.

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Chris.4527

The guy I replied too, post got deleted by the mods I suppose.

You’re still the same rager from 10 months ago Dank, cute.

[One]

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

You’re still the same rager from 10 months ago Dank, cute.

Misread “rager” as “ranger” then I was confused because I know I’ve seen Dank kill people before.

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

The most hilarious part of this whole HACK discussion. Is if you look in almost every other matchup thread you can almost see our conversation repeated.

I love how everyone initial response when they are losing is

HACKS!

Ya seriously. It’s tedious. Every server has them. And they don’t have to be losing to claim hacks. I saw a server last night hacking into our NW tower, no walls broken or damaged, door not broken or damaged. 7 of them inside. Two other towers already gone fast. Do I blame the server? No.

SBI

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Thanks for the points on this match up all. Hope everyone has a good and “Clean” match up next week!

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

No-one blames the server. The guild, yes.

I doubt the whole guild knows about this because they appear to zerg recruit with little to no screening. That’s probably why they have exploiter problems in the first place.

Or they could be feigning innocence, hoping we’ll take their word for it. No way to know for sure.

Exploiters do serious damage to a guild’s reputation, whether it’s earned or not.

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nnekk.5806

Nnekk.5806

The only posts I’ve seen referencing SBI using hacks in this entire thread were in regards to Arrow Cart fire, and as we’ve already explained over and over, it wasn’t a hack. Spend more time working on siege placement during off-hours and you’ll realize that.

Just a pic showing an AC taking out a Treb on the Star in SM….yet SM was not breached. I found the guilty AC right outside of the outer wall. I didn’t get a screen the AC because I was chasing down the perpetrator who was on the AC…a SBI person. By the time I got back to the AC, our guys had destroyed it.

I died with the Treb because I was like “WTF, where is that coming from?!?” and looking to get a screen of the perpetrator.

Couldn’t report them/identify them as they logged out or otherwise disappeared.

Anyways, I KNOW some of your SBI guys are exploiting. Meh, is that what it comes down to?

Attachments:

Yak’s Bend

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

The only posts I’ve seen referencing SBI using hacks in this entire thread were in regards to Arrow Cart fire, and as we’ve already explained over and over, it wasn’t a hack.

Wrong. Videos of SBI using teleport hacks. Unless they were removed by a mod already and infracted.

Guess what. There is no such thing as an entire server that uses hacks. Are you really that dense to think an entire server of random people rolled on launch and all approve the use of hacks/cheats?

There are definitely people on YB who cheat. There is in no way something as large as a guild on YB that cheats.

More breaking news. There are cheaters on 1005 of the server NA and EU. Get over it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Because you catch 1 or 2 people cheating in WvW doesn’t make an entire server cheaters.

You lost because you couldn’t compete with our coverage and large zerg vs zerg fights. Get over it. Better luck next week. Sorry for your loss.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

The only posts I’ve seen referencing SBI using hacks in this entire thread were in regards to Arrow Cart fire, and as we’ve already explained over and over, it wasn’t a hack. Spend more time working on siege placement during off-hours and you’ll realize that.

Just a pic showing an AC taking out a Treb on the Star in SM….yet SM was not breached. I found the guilty AC right outside of the outer wall. I didn’t get a screen the AC because I was chasing down the perpetrator who was on the AC…a SBI person. By the time I got back to the AC, our guys had destroyed it.

I died with the Treb because I was like “WTF, where is that coming from?!?” and looking to get a screen of the perpetrator.

Anyways, I KNOW some of your SBI guys are exploiting. Meh, is that what it comes down to?

That is not a hack, or an exploit, and is very easy do to, especially for someone with points in ac. Just set it up along the wall, and look up. Simple. It would seem that many wvw players really don’t know the difference between what is or isn’t an ac screen view exploit. So until Anet finds a way to eliminate the true exploits, the argument will perpetuate.

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

mrstealth.6701

That is not a hack, or an exploit, and is very easy do to, especially for someone with points in ac. Just set it up along the wall, and look up. Simple. It would seem that many wvw players really don’t know the difference between what is or isn’t an ac screen view exploit. So until Anet finds a way to eliminate the true exploits, the argument will perpetuate.

Arrow cart view is one of those tricky things. We’ve been accused of it more than once using carts against walls/gates, where it was just a matter of getting the right standing spot (your position in relation to the cart matters a lot) and camera angle. I’ve seen a few spots used against us (not only in this matchup) that I would question, but I would not “cry hax” until I had placed one there myself and tried it.

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nnekk.5806

Nnekk.5806

From the location the AC was located to the location where the AC hit, it WAS a hack.

I tried it myself using 5 different AC’s from that same location I identified earlier. It is not possible to target up and over the wall to any of the platforms known as the “Star.”

BTW, I do have the increased range mastery in AC. Why do you defend an exploit? Do you use such exploits and easily dismiss them to others because you have “special” knowledge that many others do not?

Get real, please.

Yak’s Bend

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

From the location the AC was located to the location where the AC hit, it WAS a hack.

I tried it myself using 5 different AC’s from that same location I identified earlier. It is not possible to target up and over the wall to any of the platforms known as the “Star.”

BTW, I do have the increased range mastery in AC. Why do you defend an exploit? Do you use such exploits and easily dismiss them to others because you have “special” knowledge that many others do not?

Get real, please.

I will say this one more time. IT IS NOT AN EXPLOIT. Go into your GW2 video options settings, and adjust the screen resolution to the highest possible setting for full screen, then as you use the ac, zoom out the whole way, put the camera up your butt, and target the BOTTOM of the platform, like everyone else does it. (the ac must be placed Directly across from the platform) And if you still can’t do it, it may be because of the size of the monitor you are using, and it’s native aspect ratio/resolution settings. My machine is connected to 46inch 1080p hdtv, and my screen may just show a naturally wider view than what you have. I will not go into detail as to what consists of a ‘hack’, as there is more than enough info and screen shots of it on the interwebs. But there are also plenty of screen shots showing the legitimate way which I described for you.

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: JobCreator.1956

JobCreator.1956

put the camera up your butt, and target the BOTTOM

LOL

The kitten mightier than the sword.

08/23 YB-SBI-NSP

in Match-ups