1/3/14: DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: RazGerb.6173

RazGerb.6173

Q:

Live Score Updates :http://gw2stats.net/
Live Map Updates: http://gw2stats.net/wvw/live_map/1010
So when is the matchup forum actually going to close?

Legendary RazGerb|Razris|Razgrox|Razxerius|Razalos
RazGerb The Machine/Tempest/Inferno
~The Best Rager Ranger NA~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

This week is going to suck.

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

in Match-ups

RazGerb.6173

For EBay it is.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

For EBay it is.

I’ m just tired of fighting the same servers.

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

in Match-ups

RazGerb.6173

For EBay it is.

It’s part of the new balance system. To be honest would you fight EBay or TC?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

For EBay it is.

It’s part of the new balance system. To be honest would you fight EBay or TC?

TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheJewpacabro.2907

TheJewpacabro.2907

Razgerb, just wanted to inform you that Sacrx is back. Maybe you can talk about your mechanical functions.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Live Score Updates :ht.tp://gw2stats.net/
Live Map Updates: ht.tp://gw2stats.net/wvw/live_map/1010
So when is the matchup forum actually going to close?

lol shameless plug? hope it’s in beta cause that’s kinda rough looking/loading

Sincerly, Me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

[BMO] had much fun fighting in red bl today. Bay fight was crazy :P good job everybody

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: aimode.9680

aimode.9680

Another boring week for DB’s “pvd” crew.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noodica.5428

Noodica.5428

my gawd, bay on EBay BL was insane today..

Midnight Mafia [MM]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

[EA] had fun on BPBL tonight. Good fights tonight from BP and Ebay.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fulton.4021

Fulton.4021

Yes huge props to the guilds that fought in EB BL Bay (allied and enemy alike) [Lost] had a good time making a stand there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fufu.8345

fufu.8345

Fine line…

/15 chars

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer
Blackgate Henge of Denravi Borlis Pass Crystal Desert Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

Great fights last night in EBG! I was surprised with how many were on how little lag there was at least for me when we got into big fights.

I couldnt help but laugh though the “pug” per say, players, they were doing good following us but when we got into big fights there was a wasteland of dead players…. i felt bad.

SO HERES TO YOU MY FELLOW DB’ers! For fighting the good fight!

Attachments:

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

This matchup is so boring ugh…db just blobs eternal and Pvd all night. Bp and eBay seem to not care anymore lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

lol – Nice fights [NNK]

However, bringing more players each time you get wiped is kind of poor form. Specifically… the bringing of more thieves.Though I do like how your warrior keeps changing specs.

As is running back to the fight, instead of just saying there till it ends.

It’s ok though, we’ll still keep fighting the 5v9 and not changing our grp comp to win!

Maybe it’s just the DB mentality… makes a little more sense.

[EDIT] And the guardian who ran up to stomp on the duel between the two thieves who /bow’ed… super poor form. How embarrassing.

I was going to say how enjoyable the fights were and it was nice to find another good roaming group to battle against… but ya’ll just lost all of that in one swift idiocy.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

Hoping for another GvG between [FROG] and [AF]. That first one was over so fast I missed it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

So I remember a couple weeks ago BSty came on the forums complaining about people not playing fair and bringing in more people to fight them and so on… well BSty/AD, this is why no one cares. Me and my roaming buddy somehow keep getting shafted by 5+ of you guys. Even when we hit a group of 10 EB you guys come in from the side and target me (3rd SS). Nice moves. I can feel all respect for other roamers just flowing like a river. Even when we seemingly get a honest 2v2, one of u die, you start to lose and the rest of you jump in. Referring to the fight we had SE of bay (1st SS). Maybe its becuz me and my friend were going to beat you guys 2v5 by hills… yeah a few other BP guys showed up but technically that just made it a even fight (2nd SS). Come on you are BSty/AD, you can handle 5 noobs that arent in TS together.

Anyways for some reason I keep thinking you guys are going to turn around your attitudes and actually be enjoyable to fight but I don’t think thats possible anymore. Stay classy.

Attachments:

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

(edited by Azgarn.2145)

in Match-ups

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

So I remember a couple weeks ago BSty came on the forums complaining about people not playing fair and bringing in more people to fight them and so on… well BSty/AD, this is why no one cares. Me and my roaming buddy somehow keep getting shafted by 5+ of you guys. Even when we hit a group of 10 EB you guys come in from the side and target me (3rd SS). Nice moves. I can feel all respect for other roamers just flowing like a river. Even when we seemingly get a honest 2v2, one of u die, you start to lose and the rest of you jump in. Referring to the fight we had SE of bay (1st SS). Maybe its becuz me and my friend were going to beat you guys 2v5 by hills… yeah a few other BP guys showed up but technically that just made it a even fight (2nd SS). Come on you are BSty/AD, you can handle 5 noobs that arent in TS together.

Anyways for some reason I keep thinking you guys are going to turn around your attitudes and actually be enjoyable to fight but I don’t think thats possible anymore. Stay classy.

PM me in-game we’ll do a 2v2.

You are running double perplexity right?

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Azgarn.2145

PM me in-game we’ll do a 2v2.

You are running double perplexity right?

lol not even close

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Not many people from BSty even post on the forums, so don’t direct your ire towards them. :P

They have also had quite a few people come back to the game who have been gone for months just this last week, so they are going to be running heavier for now and don’t know who people are and probably don’t care.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

Azgarn.2145

Not many people from BSty even post on the forums, so don’t direct your ire towards them. :P

They have also had quite a few people come back to the game who have been gone for months just this last week, so they are going to be running heavier for now and don’t know who people are and probably don’t care.

Being gone from the game for a while or not knowing who people are shouldn’t affect your nature or behavior. And yeah I was wrong, it was you Oozo that came to the forums a few weeks ago iirc. It’s just disappointing that a group of skilled players lack class and respect that could really make them stand out.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Being gone from the game for a while or not knowing who people are shouldn’t affect your nature or behavior. And yeah I was wrong, it was you Oozo that came to the forums a few weeks ago iirc. It’s just disappointing that a group of skilled players lack class and respect that could really make them stand out.

I wasn’t in your screenshots because I logged off early due to frustration for not finding any decent fights. Trust me, 5v2s aren’t the types of fights they are looking for and maybe they were taking their frustrations out on you, I don’t know. I wasn’t there.

Are you running with an [AF] tag now? That is definitely not a small number roaming guild. :P

in Match-ups

Amins.3710

Me and my roaming buddy somehow keep getting shafted by 5+ of you guys. Even when we hit a group of 10 EB you guys come in from the side and target me (3rd SS).

It’s one thing to just get steam rolled as the rest of the group comes to, it’s quite another to keep bringing more and more people to a fight or to run in and /stomp in a duel (/bow) that you weren’t even apart of.

Sounds like you’ve just been the product of bad luck / timing.

You should know that BSty & AD typically run w/ four to five. So if you see 2, you should expect another 2 to be coming… most likely just catching up to the group.

Thanks for posting, but you’re way off.

Stay Thirsty My Friend

Attachments:

Amins – Guardian

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

I wasn’t in your screenshots because I logged off early due to frustration for not finding any decent fights. Trust me, 5v2s aren’t the types of fights they are looking for and maybe they were taking their frustrations out on you, I don’t know. I wasn’t there.

Are you running with an [AF] tag now? That is definitely not a small number roaming guild. :P

When we aren’t raiding, I roam. Always have been a roamer at heart, but it’s also fun to be part of a skilled group that can fight on reset night and take down those pesky zergs. Can’t know how good you really are until you’ve mastered everything. AF is a great guild and they have taught me a lot that I didn’t know. Things that will help me as a roamer as well. And I say this from one roamer to another, it takes a lot more control and skill to be part of a guild like AF than you probably think. I felt like a newborn calf the first few nights with them.

I wasn’t insulting them. :P

Just saying people wouldn’t identify the tag with a solo or duo roamer. Nothing wrong with running in a group like [AF] as long as you are trying to find similar groups or PUG zergs twice your size.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in Match-ups

Azgarn.2145

Gosh I must be bored cuz I’m on the forums much too much today,

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyuzo.4675

Kyuzo.4675

Gosh I must be bored cuz I’m on the forums much too much today,

Yes but on the bright side your bragging and lectures on proper roaming etiquette have inspired me. I am now going to keep an eye out and make sure to throw siege on your dead body after zerging you down.

Thank you and have a nice day

[AD] Devona’s Rest

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

I wasn’t insulting them. :P

Just saying people wouldn’t identify the tag with a solo or duo roamer. Nothing wrong with running in a group like [AF] as long as you are trying to find similar groups or PUG zergs twice your size.

I know you weren’t but I’ve been around and talked to enough roamers/small group players that I know what most of them think about midsize to large groups. And I did say “most”, not all.

Well, honestly, a ‘bad’ player can kind of hide in those kind of numbers in this game. But, there are plenty of very good players who run in those numbers as well. They are the ones who typically also duel or roam solo or small group, though.

It’s just an entirely different game. You don’t need to learn a lot of play/counterplay when running in groups larger than ten and some of that stuff can only be learned via practice.

Also, there is a ton of RNG that comes into play when 10+ hits 10+ due to the AoE code. One side can get lucky and have the AoE damage more spread out over their numbers while one side can get unlucky and have a few guys get hit by all of the AoE.

The AoE code in this game is totally broken when you get into fights much larger than than 5v5. Given two teams of comparable skill, gear, and builds you just as might as roll some d20 dice to determine the victor.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

It’s just an entirely different game. You don’t need to learn a lot of play/counterplay when running in groups larger than ten and some of that stuff can only be learned via practice.

Definitely situational. If you are a backline player you would still need to know as many play/counterplay as you would if you were a dueler. The limit where your statement is true is the point where it is safer for the backline to stay stacked within the frontline at all times. That seems to be around 25-30+ in my experience.

Also, there is a ton of RNG that comes into play when 10+ hits 10+ due to the AoE code. One side can get lucky and have the AoE damage more spread out over their numbers while one side can get unlucky and have a few guys get hit by all of the AoE.

You can play the RNG card when talking about very large but slow hitting attacks. In fights of 15v15+ it is more on the side of getting hit for numerous smaller hits where the RNG is far more reliable. So if you have a few people taking more damage than anybody else in a certain area, it is safe to say they were caught out of position.

The AoE code in this game is totally broken when you get into fights much larger than than 5v5. Given two teams of comparable skill, gear, and builds you just as might as roll some d20 dice to determine the victor.

If by comparable you mean similar, then wouldn’t that be true for any size fight?

D/D, Staff Elementalist

(edited by Gorefiend.9675)

in Match-ups

Amins.3710

you’re

At least something was correct.

/golfclap

Amins – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

When we aren’t raiding, I roam. Always have been a roamer at heart, but it’s also fun to be part of a skilled group that can fight on reset night and take down those pesky zergs. Can’t know how good you really are until you’ve mastered everything. AF is a great guild and they have taught me a lot that I didn’t know. Things that will help me as a roamer as well. And I say this from one roamer to another, it takes a lot more control and skill to be part of a guild like AF than you probably think. I felt like a newborn calf the first few nights with them.

This post is just too funny… posts like this are gonna make me miss the matchup forums when they’re gone.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

If by comparable you mean similar, then wouldn’t that be true for any size fight?

By comparable, I mean similar skill levels, gear, and builds where they don’t hard counter each other. I think in 5v5 or below, clutch play/counterplay will often determine the winner but RNG can always be a factor, of course.

in Match-ups

RazGerb.6173

That’s a nice Obsidian Sanctum security force you got there BP.
Must be fun ganking people.
Anyways good fights in the OS arena, met some really cool people.

(edited by RazGerb.6173)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Wow. That exchange in BP Hills just now — best farm in months.
Too bad I dc’d from lag. =(

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Definitely situational. If you are a backline player you would still need to know as many play/counterplay as you would if you were a dueler. The limit where your statement is true is the point where it is safer for the backline to stay stacked within the frontline at all times. That seems to be around 25-30+ in my experience.

You can play the RNG card when talking about very large but slow hitting attacks. In fights of 15v15+ it is more on the side of getting hit for numerous smaller hits where the RNG is far more reliable. So if you have a few people taking more damage than anybody else in a certain area, it is safe to say they were caught out of position.

No offense, but your arguments rest on the assumption that 15-20-man guilds we fight are on the same level as GF was. While there is potentially a lot of tactics and skill involved in large scale fighting, it is rarely applied because it simply isn’t needed.

That’s why the hammer train is so popular. Mediocre to bad players can do well with it on a level that far exceeds their actual ability.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

~ Kovu

It was rough, I hate desperation lords room holds. Suiciding your face into the circle to hold it till the WP timer runs down is just such an unelegant battle strategy. But it worked :P

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

lol – Nice fights [NNK]

However, bringing more players each time you get wiped is kind of poor form. Specifically… the bringing of more thieves.Though I do like how your warrior keeps changing specs.

As is running back to the fight, instead of just saying there till it ends.

It’s ok though, we’ll still keep fighting the 5v9 and not changing our grp comp to win!

Maybe it’s just the DB mentality… makes a little more sense.

[EDIT] And the guardian who ran up to stomp on the duel between the two thieves who /bow’ed… super poor form. How embarrassing.

I was going to say how enjoyable the fights were and it was nice to find another good roaming group to battle against… but ya’ll just lost all of that in one swift idiocy.

lol sounds like QQ

Attachments:

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in Match-ups

Kovu.7560

~ Kovu

It was rough, I hate desperation lords room holds. Suiciding your face into the circle to hold it till the WP timer runs down is just such an unelegant battle strategy. But it worked :P

I hear a similar exchange happened at DB Bay not to long before that.
It’s annoying that we have to walk everywhere, while BP can just teleport around as stuff needs defending — but in the end it’s our own fault for letting you wp everything and for not defending squat.

I got home from work today and we had 1 wp — EB Keep — which was shortly thereafter lost. It’s frustrating.

~ Kovu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

~ Kovu

It’s annoying that we have to walk everywhere, while BP can just teleport around as stuff needs defending — but in the end it’s our own fault for letting you wp everything and for not defending squat.

I got home from work today and we had 1 wp — EB Keep — which was shortly thereafter lost. It’s frustrating.

~ Kovu

Well, that’s what happens when you have a server almost entirely made up of strong Oceanics and no European or NA to counterbalance them. You get put in a tough tier without any force capable of holding things during the North American day and European evening.

Of course, it also means we don’t really have an answer to the massive up level karma train that runs around our borderlands at 5 in the morning. But eh, what can you do.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

in Match-ups

Kovu.7560

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

Well, that’s what happens when you have a server almost entirely made up of strong Oceanics and no European or NA to counterbalance them. You get put in a tough tier without any force capable of holding things during the North American day and European evening.

Of course, it also means we don’t really have an answer to the massive up level karma train that runs around our borderlands at 5 in the morning. But eh, what can you do.

Yeah, except I’m either sleeping or working at 5AM, so I generally can’t karma train with the SEA. I only get to deal with the kittenty side of the coin. =(

I’m getting tired of hearing “Just wait until they leave the map and we’ll take our stuff back.” That sort of “strategy” should raise alarm bells.

I love our SEA, but I’d gladly trade some of them for some EU.

~ Kovu

(edited by Kovu.7560)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

Nice duels in EB – to the BP thief from HIGH or whatever it was.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in Match-ups

Amins.3710

lol sounds like QQ

Lawl @ people who put “Commander” in their Signature.

Real leaders don’t broadcast it, it’s just known.

Amins – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fos.4185

Fos.4185

FINALLY we found some prey to slaughter rather than the squishy [ZoD] from EBay which just hide away every time they see us, even in equal numbers!

Fos Ossa (Human Engineer)
The Friends of Voltaire [TFV]
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

No offense, but your arguments rest on the assumption that 15-20-man guilds we fight are on the same level as GF was. While there is potentially a lot of tactics and skill involved in large scale fighting, it is rarely applied because it simply isn’t needed.

That’s why the hammer train is so popular. Mediocre to bad players can do well with it on a level that far exceeds their actual ability.

My assumption is actually of having even numbered fights. 15v15 20v20 ect. In those fights if there is a team who is better skilled while having a similar comp, the team that is better skilled will always win.

I assume you are talking about running into these 15-20 mans while having only 10 or so yourself. That it is simply a matter of being outnumbered in a game mode where numbers mean everything. You are unable to know (you can always assume if you want to) whether they were better or worse because in an outnumbered fight, the group outnumbering does not need to do anything more than just run over the opponent. It is like having one person get zerged down by 20 people then say on TS that they needed 20 people to take him down. No, it just so happened that 20 people took you down, however many it might have taken is impossible to know.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

FINALLY we found some prey to slaughter rather than the squishy [ZoD] from EBay which just hide away every time they see us, even in equal numbers!

That’s good that you found someone to kill, because all of the TFV I’ve ran into solo have been little more than backstab fodder.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

[EA] still having fun the passed few weeks. Even after the wagon burned down for the second time the Ambush is still standing.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheJewpacabro.2907

TheJewpacabro.2907

Ebay nerds can’t sweep.

in Match-ups

Amins.3710

Ebay nerds can’t sweep.

Band-wagoners are just that.

/wave