10/11 SF/ET/YB(zergs bend)

in Match-ups

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

Thank you for discouraging any fighting in WvW this week, I hope you enjoy sitting on your hands waiting for someone to show up to kill. Hope you like waiting until Friday at 9 pm.

Mission Accomplished

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Thank you for discouraging any fighting in WvW this week, I hope you enjoy sitting on your hands waiting for someone to show up to kill. Hope you like waiting until Friday at 9 pm.

Mission Accomplished

No bags/loot 4 u

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eye Mohini.7938

Eye Mohini.7938

Dang, I finally figured out why the WvW contingent hate sPVP and fall back into PvE so willingly.

It really is all about the “loot”?

All this talk about being spawn camped, outnumbered and no roamers with “skill” just comes from being denied simple bags.

the internet, where everyone is as hard as nails

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Dang, I finally figured out why the WvW contingent hate sPVP and fall back into PvE so willingly.

It really is all about the “loot”?

All this talk about being spawn camped, outnumbered and no roamers with “skill” just comes from being denied simple bags.

I like it for the fights and working with a group to achieve something much bigger than myself, but to each their own. I love busting a big zerg open with half the numbers, I love defending an objective from a horde of enemies, but it falls apart when we can’t even leave our spawn, or even establish a foot hold in our BL. It’s like, why bother? It’s just going to flip again in four minutes when YB comes rolling back here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Keep in mind, we cannot prevent our trolls/griefers or fairweather players to do stupid stuff. Most of the people who do play WvW (guilds, roamers, etc) have agreed to not camp spawn during ANY match up. This spawn camping happens in EVERY matchup when one side is so lopsided.

So, is [pro] a “trolls/griefers or fairweather” guild? Because they are the ones that have been camping ET spawn on EB.

No idea, but I know that while we were on YBBL on reset night, PRO and LOOT zergs got wiped by us multiple times. I know that our numbers MAYBE matched theirs in a few fights but I know we were outnumbered most of them. Had to merch multiple times just after those couple of fights.

Are you from CoSA? Because then you know your 40-50 man guild group did infact outnumber everyone on the map. The only time you wiped us was in SE camp and in hills. We wiped you in hills the first time, and then the second time at NE tower. Overall good fights.

if you are from STaR, all you did was get wiped on reset night, apart from one fight in NE camp, we wiped you twice at hills, once at NE camp, then you guys regrouped and came fro SE camp, and then when you got wiped there you left. Also about the guy saying “we wiped to your siege”, um NE and SE camp were YOURS how could we siege it up. Morons.

Ya, CoSA. Unfortunately I missed the first Hills fight, got there just after (thanks to my fiancee, always making me late!). Sorry, I wasn’t trying to sounds like I was talking smack. Everyone always thinks they are outnumbered, which is part of the flow of battle, so I try to figure I see more red than is actually there. Which is why I worded it that way. The fights have been great, we win some, we lose some. Numbers really do not mean much in those large battles. We might have had 40 when all the pugs were with us. I really wish ANET would give us the ability to see ally and enemy numbers (minus the minions, they make zergs look much bigger).

So, sorry if I sounded like I was being negative. Didn’t mean to come off that way, I have had fun in this matchup.

Yea we definitely didn’t have 40-50, because I remember thinking we had fewer than most resets. We have lots of friends though, and everyone is welcome to run with us always.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: beyonder.9735

beyonder.9735

Dnt worry fellow SF and ET. Soon these scrubs will be back in their tier getting owned.. For a WHOLE season.

Mesmer – Geekin The Visage
Necro – Mavaldo Gravemore [StaR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: WarLord.8430

WarLord.8430

sad to see YB has no skill just pure numbers..

[IoM] Immortals of the Mists http://iom.enjin.com
80 Guard, Leader/Commander
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Keep in mind, we cannot prevent our trolls/griefers or fairweather players to do stupid stuff. Most of the people who do play WvW (guilds, roamers, etc) have agreed to not camp spawn during ANY match up. This spawn camping happens in EVERY matchup when one side is so lopsided.

So, is [pro] a “trolls/griefers or fairweather” guild? Because they are the ones that have been camping ET spawn on EB.

No idea, but I know that while we were on YBBL on reset night, PRO and LOOT zergs got wiped by us multiple times. I know that our numbers MAYBE matched theirs in a few fights but I know we were outnumbered most of them. Had to merch multiple times just after those couple of fights.

Are you from CoSA? Because then you know your 40-50 man guild group did infact outnumber everyone on the map. The only time you wiped us was in SE camp and in hills. We wiped you in hills the first time, and then the second time at NE tower. Overall good fights.

if you are from STaR, all you did was get wiped on reset night, apart from one fight in NE camp, we wiped you twice at hills, once at NE camp, then you guys regrouped and came fro SE camp, and then when you got wiped there you left. Also about the guy saying “we wiped to your siege”, um NE and SE camp were YOURS how could we siege it up. Morons.

Ya, CoSA. Unfortunately I missed the first Hills fight, got there just after (thanks to my fiancee, always making me late!). Sorry, I wasn’t trying to sounds like I was talking smack. Everyone always thinks they are outnumbered, which is part of the flow of battle, so I try to figure I see more red than is actually there. Which is why I worded it that way. The fights have been great, we win some, we lose some. Numbers really do not mean much in those large battles. We might have had 40 when all the pugs were with us. I really wish ANET would give us the ability to see ally and enemy numbers (minus the minions, they make zergs look much bigger).

So, sorry if I sounded like I was being negative. Didn’t mean to come off that way, I have had fun in this matchup.

Yea we definitely didn’t have 40-50, because I remember thinking we had fewer than most resets. We have lots of friends though, and everyone is welcome to run with us always.

I thought the same thing that night. I came in late and was surprised at how small our zerg seemed. We even lost some numbers after that, when the SFBL Garrison fight was announced a bunch of the pugs left to join in that fun.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in Match-ups

Posted by: beyonder.9735

beyonder.9735

This is what YB will be doing against servers in their tier.. I felt some vomit come up after watching this (Pay attention to the tags u see on the floor lol)

Mesmer – Geekin The Visage
Necro – Mavaldo Gravemore [StaR]

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

I was on a server that got rolled by a larger server, more than a few times.

I don’t think I ever made it to the forums then.

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Well, you really didn’t post on the forums until about a month ago (first post was 7 months ago, then nothing until about a month ago). So not sure what you are talking about?

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

Exactly. No reason to come and join the “conversation”. Thanks for the background check –

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

Yet our guild group has wiped your guild group countless times.. With even numbers.

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

I was bored in WvW, but why would I do this to myself?

http://i.imgur.com/QdPL8.gif

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

No idea, why did you? Or is it a rhetorical question?

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

Rhetorical in response to continued hyperbolic language. No doubt.

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

This is what YB will be doing against servers in their tier.. I felt some vomit come up after watching this (Pay attention to the tags u see on the floor lol)

To my fellow YB, SF, and ET. I realize that many of us don’t understand baby crying, but since I’ve raised babies I will translate this message for you:

“YB is so awesome and I am jealous of them! I am throwing a tantrum because I want to transfer there but I am so poor and a baddie. They fought against the new bandwagon server SBI but the only way YB dies is by their own choice! Look at those awesome guild tags!

Man I love them so much! I secretly wear YB underwear when I touch myself."

Thanks Beyonder for being a fan of YB! Don’t worry when we fight in Silver League we’ll continue to hear your crying and use your tears to fuel us. <3

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

in Match-ups

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

/Win

Rofl IRL

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I’m amused… That’s all I have to say.

Someone want some popcorn?

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

No doubt. /minchar

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

To my fellow YB, SF, and ET. I realize that many of us don’t understand baby crying, but since I’ve raised babies I will translate this message for you:

“YB is so awesome and I am jealous of them! I am throwing a tantrum because I want to transfer there but I am so poor and a baddie. They fought against the new bandwagon server SBI but the only way YB dies is by their own choice! Look at those awesome guild tags!

Man I love them so much! I secretly wear YB underwear when I touch myself."

Thanks Beyonder for being a fan of YB! Don’t worry when we fight in Silver League we’ll continue to hear your crying and use your tears to fuel us. <3

Oh Thank you I was having a difficult time comprehending what the baby was trying to say.

But seriously thanks ET and SF for a fun week so far, you guys came out and fought some great fights, unlike Ebay who couldnt win the reset night, so they just sit in LA and QQ on forum.

(edited by Cinder.2056)

in Match-ups

WarLord.8430

Yet our guild group has wiped your guild group countless times.. With even numbers.

Lol! your guild has never whipped our guild in a straight up fight without siege or insane numbers get good!

Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

WarLord.8430

Its funny to watch all your mesmer’s using this glitch of jumping down on the enemy to win a fight, YB is sad all you have is pure numbers and even then your not good so good luck in leagues because I know your gunna get owned up.

Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

Lol! your guild has never whipped our guild in a straight up fight without siege or insane numbers get good!

GvG us, yeah?

in Match-ups

WarLord.8430

Maybe if you didnt have 3X bloodlust how about not.. GvG is broken you wanna fight us run tagless like we do and meet us out in the field, we own you straight up every night all this week and you already know this, dont talk like you think your all good when your not, the only times you’ve beaten us in a fight is with superior numbers or with siege, you think your good but your not real talk, their has not been a time this week you’ve beaten us in a straight up open field fight, all you do is use numbers like the rest of YB get good.

Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

So even if bloodlust wasn’t involved, it’s still a maybe. So dedicated.

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

Run tagless, meet somewhere, straight up open field fight.. Sounds kind of like GvG to me! Actually, complete opposite. Even when we don’t have siege or superior numbers, we obliterated you guys so many times. Every time we clashed, majority of your guildies are either dead or running away until more waves of your server come. Our guild usually fields 20+ people for WvW so I wouldn’t say superior numbers lol.

Get good? We already are! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVY1-v97Mic

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Its funny to watch all your mesmer’s using this glitch of jumping down on the enemy to win a fight, YB is sad all you have is pure numbers and even then your not good so good luck in leagues because I know your gunna get owned up.

Is that what’s going on? Saw this A LOT on reset night, their zerg would run around our zerg to get up high and try dropping down on us. We wiped them whether they did this or not but it was fairly amusing to watch. Had a nice, loooong rolling fight around YBBL camp north of Hills (no, don’t ask me for the name) from back side of camp to the switchback up to Dawn’s (or whatever it is called on that map) and they kept jumping off cliffs to get into the fight. And died.

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

There is a exploit since the last patch where mesmers chaos storm can hit for insane dmg. Just be aware.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

So that’s what i saw an SF Mesmer do today…haven’t seen it be done by one of us so far. Afterwards the guy ran like hell because he knew he wouldn’t win in a fair fight.

But besides that i have seen some good players from SF and ET in our BL. Fought a Mesmer whom i couldn’t kill, neither could he kill me, so after some longer fight i just waved and jumped around till he realized the same thing and stopped attacking me.

About us getting owned in silver league, it may happen, but the core of players of YB will not shed a tear over it but still come out and fight. But one thing is sure, your server is not gonna own us, not this week, not any time at all.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

clint.5681

But one thing is sure, your server is not gonna own us, not this week, not any time at all.

Im glad you figured that out, when i send my #1 fan TehFoe a cookie ill make sure to send you one too

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Made my day hahaha… beware of GLOB 50 Man Zerg with 25 ACs ! O:<

All classes

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Always hated glitches, would rather die than try to win by cheating.

But one thing is sure, your server is not gonna own us, not this week, not any time at all.

LOL, guess your server makes you a tough guy. Amazing, your post started out so good.

in Match-ups

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I was about to say that despite the odds SF and ET are having in this match, certainly still can be fun, but won’t do it anymore. I won’t say I lost the respect for YB server, but I’ll say I lost the respect for all mesmers in YB. It’s pitiful that you need to resort to exploits at this point of the match, where you can easily have twice or thrice or even more of our numbers.

I have been running WvW for 2h now and keep seeing at least 2 mesmers jump down from towers and keeps to kill us. I’m sorry for bluntness but that only shows a pathetic, sad, side of you.

For the ones that are keeping the match clean, I thank you and sure hope can still find you in the battlefield.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

clint.5681

its fixed as of the last hotfix

in Match-ups

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

SBI…in our tier? Uh, that matchup was about as even as this week’s.

I was expecting a video of some fight we’d lost vs Ebay/Kain/etc, but I just see some footage of Yaks goofing off instead of handing SBI free bags.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in Match-ups

Posted by: limbeurt.9642

limbeurt.9642

bored of this matchup so I’m hanging around YB BL Windmill right now if anyone feels like dueling

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

This week is really boring and its Anet’s fault. You can say this or that server is worse in manners attitude whatever, but end of the day, players are going to find alternate ways to entertain themselves when the core concept is broken in a match, and that usually means incredible unfariness toward one side.

Nothing new for YB to be on either end. For the last few weeks we’ve done the same thing bigger servers did to us, karma train around, let weaker servers take back their stuff, only so we could take it again. It’s a big joke, might as well have enemy players waiting behind each other in line at each tower, not fighting, when its their turn to PVDoor cap.

Just so happens this week that is not being done because leagues are starting next week and people want to actually get ready to play more seriously again and defend stuff. I have my doubts how long that serious mindset is really going to last, because there is going to be even more imabalance in leagues than we have now in the random system. But its not hard to understand why people would become utterly board of the musical keep trading either.

In summary, when the coverage is this lopsided there is no strategy you can actually have which is not going to be unfair.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Just so happens this week that is not being done because leagues are starting next wee and people want to actually get ready to play more seriously again and defend stuff. I have my doubts how long that serious mindset is really going to last, because there is going to be even more imabalance in leagues than we have now in the random system. But its not hard to understand why people would become utterly board of the musical keep trading either.

False… The proof of that is that we (Both SF and ET) will not get Yak’s Bend in our league…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

False… The proof of that is that we (Both SF and ET) will not get Yak’s Bend in our league…

This week is an outlier even for the randomization system. In the current system you usually get at least one team right around your rank. And often get even a decent compelling match.

When leagues start the top three servers will destroy 4-6, and in Silver tier, the top 2 servers seem poised to easily win all matchups except against each other.

I’m not familiar with the Bronze servers that much, but I can’t imagine that 16 or 17 vs 24 is going to be more fair than what you guys usually get either, not counting this admittedly terrible matchup here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: limbeurt.9642

limbeurt.9642

Need more YB and SF reps at YB BL windmill, Let’s have an improvised fight night going!

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

This week is an outlier even for the randomization system. In the current system you usually get at least one team right around your rank. And often get even a decent compelling match.

When leagues start the top three servers will destroy 4-6, and in Silver tier, the top 2 servers seem poised to easily win all matchups except against each other.

I’m not familiar with the Bronze servers that much, but I can’t imagine that 16 or 17 vs 24 is going to be more fair than what you guys usually get either, not counting this admittedly terrible matchup here.

The situation for gold league will be basically the same as it is… No one can compete against the JQ/SoR/BG trio. And the servers that usually get bumbed there (TC mostly) just get utterly destroyed.

The Silver league will be the one that will face most imbalances, because the servers that got pumped by the recent fall of Dragonbrand are on this league. SBI and FA are likely to be the indisputed winners of the league, however, there will be balanced matchups between DB/YB/IoJ/BP/CD/Kain or NSP, and they will be more frequently (as you won’t fight the bronze league servers).

The same thing will happen on Bronze League. HoD and NSP or Kain will be the top dogs. There are some imbalances since GoM/AR/DR are almost dead servers, but when they are fighting with other bronze league servers (ET/SF/FC/DH) they still put up a fight, differently than when we get a silver league server on the matchup.

Belive it or not, the matchups on the leagues will be more balanced than it currently is. You maybe find that it will not because having a bronze league server on your matchups doesn’t really make difference (since they can’t put up a real fight), but that’s the truth.

Edit: did a few corrections on the silver league observations.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokunocarrie.7215

bokunocarrie.7215

And a soft voice can be heard whispering on the wind: “I highly doubt that.

blackgate #FHDFriday

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Belive it or not, the matchups on the leagues will be more balanced than it currently is.

Than this week yes, but not vs most weeks. And it depends if people buy into the idea of the leagues and try or not. Last week we had what should have been an awesome week vs Ebay the whole way, and is started that way. Then they gave up and pulled the most embarrassing tank job I’ve ever seen. Which is obvious by how they are now steamrolling their current match and gaining back all the points to be back ahead of YB.

If fairweathers quit halfway through a week at the first sign of defeat 2 or 3 days in, then there is nothing Anet can do to make fair matches, except perhaps put in enormous drop rewards to keep people playing, but it won’t be because they love the idea of the mode.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Then you look at our matchup last week and see what matches in bronze will hopefully be like

in Match-ups

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

All the leagues are going to do is prevent matchups with some highly mismatched servers, while making matchups vs other highly mismatched servers even more likely. Sure ET and SF won’t be seeing YB once the league starts, but NSP/IoJ will be guaranteed to see FA and SBI while getting no chance to face servers they can push around so easily. FA and SBI are going to have a great couple months without any risk of facing a real threat.

The lowest 3-5 servers in every league are going to be worse off than they are now, because their only possible opponents (aside from each other) are servers in higher tiers, while the lower tiers are totally cut off from them. Might as well cancel the season and hand out the rewards today, because we already know who is going to win each league.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Then you look at our matchup last week and see what matches in bronze will hopefully be like

We know that not all the matchups will be like that… But like I said, we won’t be getting servers like IoJ/YB/CD/BP for the next 7 weeks. Which is pretty much a relief… Even if I have to face HoD or SF (Which are bigger than ET).

in Match-ups

clint.5681

We know that not all the matchups will be like that… But like I said, we won’t be getting servers like IoJ/YB/CD/BP for the next 7 weeks. Which is pretty much a relief… Even if I have to face HoD or SF (Which are bigger than ET).

Honestly at the rate we are going it should be that big of a difference unless of course our fairweathers come out in full force. But we are scheduled to be only one rank above you by the end of the week so before you know it ET and FC will be the Big Bros.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

The lowest 3-5 servers in every league are going to be worse off than they are now, because their only possible opponents (aside from each other) are servers in higher tiers, while the lower tiers are totally cut off from them. Might as well cancel the season and hand out the rewards today, because we already know who is going to win each league

This is clearly false for a full 33% of your audience (the bronze league). Everyone — and I mean EVERYONE — in the bronze league is going to benefit from this new system because we will all be no worse and possibly better off in every matchup. There is no more imbalanced matchup that can occur in league play that isn’t already possible, whereas the most imbalanced matchups can no longer occur.

League play is going to be better or at worst neutral for the majority of servers. Only the bottom 3-5 servers in the top 2 leagues (10 servers max out of 24) are potentially in a worse situation than they currently are in.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

Just wanted to say Kudos to the Yaks Defender from the other night.

I had a guild mate that needed the Jump Puzzles for map completion. We did Obsidian, and then were able to compete both our BL and ET’s BL. When it came to Yak’s BL I was a bit nervous. Pardon me as although I have been careful to avoid zergs (Direct hits by trains are not fun) – I still have been ganked by the other roving packs of 4-6 players who see ganking a single roamer as pleasurable. We set off in the Yaks BL with no full expectations that we could get this last jump puzzle done.

We were able to avoid any camps by simply hugging the map outter perimeter where possible and not drawing any swords. As we approached the Northern Supply camp – a nobel Yaks defender came to protect their territory. We had been discovered.

After a party invite and explaination that we were not capping – simply trying to complete the JP – we were allowed to pass to the JP. My hats off to the hospitality and good sportsmanship displayed by the folks at Yaks Bend. If ever we can extend back simply let us know. Cheers!

Any time! Was glad to help you through N camp. Hope your guild mate was able to finish the JP!

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”