10/11 SF/ET/YB(zergs bend)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MikeRiv.4031

MikeRiv.4031

LOL don’t come at me and tell me WvW is not about numbers, what kind of duma55 would actually believe that? Yes, of course strategy matters, but dude, dont be silly, I want to know what the “good strategy” is with 10 ppl vs 50-60 ppl zerg(s).

And of course server quits when facing an obviously much larger server, cause playing WvW becomes just pointless.

Nortec (Asura Engineer) / Tunridae (Norn Guardian)
Guerreros de la Útima Alianza [GDUA]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Fact is, this week, between PvE content and getting home fairly late from work for most of the week, I just wasn’t feeling like running up against 6+ dudes by myself was going to be “fun”. I did it one night where I stood outside of our garri that Yaks had and they proceeded to waste over 10 minutes trying to kill me with siege that I SLOWLY destroyed with my -staff-. Then about 2 or 3 of them came out and proceeded to not come close to killing me. Another couple of SFers on the map came along and stomped them, so they tried a combo of attacking me with those same 3 dudes AND siege, and they STILL couldn’t down me. (I’m not even that good solo with my Guard btw). It finally took them putting the call out i guess that there was this Guardian loitering, or something, before some of your actual good players came along and the 5 of them finally burst me down. So i guess, thanks for the tanking practice, but seriously when it takes 5+ and siege to take down one guard that isn’t even that great, well…

Have fun everyone once the league starts up tonight.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

All I know is that Shonuff actually posted!!

Thats a different SHONUFF I think.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

Yep it’s totally numbers

It’s definately not

1. You commanders go for an objective and half your forces go for a door.

2. You are not coordinating multi map efforts

3. Everyone is using there own comms

4. Your pugs aren’t trained to stack / buff / field / etc

5. Your golem strikes were not organized and drivers died to cannon fire instead of rotating out 3s (golem shield)

6. Your roamers failed to prep keeps for strikes , ie destroying cannons / oils

7. Your roamers failed to keep waypoints contested during attacks , allowing for instant reinforcements

8. Your omega drivers stacked under oils.

Yep definately numbers. You guys are so kittenen awesome.

That being said. Some of your groups have operated as a team. So those getting rolled all over the place might want to man up and talk to the commanders who made something happen.

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

IDK, 4 of us killed 8 of you outside of Hills. I’ve seen 30 of you run from 15 of us. Hell, 3 of us fought off 10 of you near the NW sentry, downed 4, and finally ended up fleeing. Also, you all (on both ET and SF) really like your glassy builds. It’s predictable to see you to blow your loads, then get caught with no cooldowns. It happens to the few roamers I’ve seen. But I’ve seen zerg fights where you either had the same numbers or greater where you’re just dripping trails of bags because it’s like people in zergs are allergic to PVT armor…

I’m 100% sure the PPT is entirely because of WvW populations. We get it and I’m not going to apologize for YB karma trains. I’m not going to apologize for fairweather’s ill behavior or anyone else’s for that matter. However, don’t hide behind false hyperbole.

Yak’s Bend was where you are now, against Dragonbrand and then Maguuma for months. We know the feeling. Your servers definitely have room for improvement. And you know what else? Yak’s Bend has a ton of room for it too.

As far as WvW being pointless? I don’t know if I agree. I’d say it’s more pointless for us. I know of multiple pure WvW guilds on YB who called it PvE this week because… why bother?

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Yep it’s totally numbers

It’s definately not

5. Your golem strikes were not organized and drivers died to cannon fire instead of rotating out 3s (golem shield)

7. Your roamers failed to keep waypoints contested during attacks , allowing for instant reinforcements

That being said. Some of your groups have operated as a team. So those getting rolled all over the place might want to man up and talk to the commanders who made something happen.

Clearly you should transfer to our server the week your server fights ours and spend the entire week with us to see it from our perspective. Oh wait, that’s right, why do that when you’re winning? Whatever, Yak’s Bend isn’t even supposed to be on our tier.

in Match-ups

Madora.9340

IDK, 4 of us killed 8 of you outside of Hills. I’ve seen 30 of you run from 15 of us. Hell, 3 of us fought off 10 of you near the NW sentry, downed 4, and finally ended up fleeing. Also, you all (on both ET and SF) really like your glassy builds. It’s predictable to see you to blow your loads, then get caught with no cooldowns. It happens to the few roamers I’ve seen. But I’ve seen zerg fights where you either had the same numbers or greater where you’re just dripping trails of bags because it’s like people in zergs are allergic to PVT armor…

I’m 100% sure the PPT is entirely because of WvW populations. We get it and I’m not going to apologize for YB karma trains. I’m not going to apologize for fairweather’s ill behavior or anyone else’s for that matter. However, don’t hide behind false hyperbole.

Yak’s Bend was where you are now, against Dragonbrand and then Maguuma for months. We know the feeling. Your servers definitely have room for improvement. And you know what else? Yak’s Bend has a ton of room for it too.

As far as WvW being pointless? I don’t know if I agree. I’d say it’s more pointless for us. I know of multiple pure WvW guilds on YB who called it PvE this week because… why bother?

Hooray, the same old rhetoric. Same old, same old. And we keep saying the same things to you. Hell, we had some of our guilds transfer to your server the past two weeks. I don’t know the reason why, but it seems like your strategy is actually working. Then you complain about us ‘not manning up’ or whatnot when we have just about nothing left. All you guys seem to do is take, and you’re never satisfied. Why am I not surprised? Whatever, enjoy silver league.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

See? It’s like you can’t even see beyond the population thing.

“Hey guys, we can just be awful this week because every reason for failure is population. And when they call us on parking golems under oil and cannons we’ll just do this:”

Attachments:

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

ET, you need to sweep Bay more!

Dear Yak’s Bend… The faster you recapture our bay, the faster we can re-recapture. So you can re-re-recapture, and we can re-re-re-recapture… And the Wxp will keep flowing…

But keep hiding because the ‘die-hards WvWers’ will likely want to kill you.

kthxbye

So true. When YB took a garrisons this week, we were purposely not sweeping hoping it would be taken back sooner so we could flip it again and you guys could flip it back.

WXP for all I say!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shero.3106

Shero.3106

Good enough reason to me…

Attachments:

[Agg] – DB – Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shonuff.2354

Shonuff.2354

Quickflash,you tell it like it is. And im on another server.
Question : are you that amzing : “Junie Purr” mezzy on YB?
If so you have skills as a Mezzy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Yep it’s totally numbers

It’s definately not

I will want to see your superior tactics work against vastly superior numbers like Stormbluff Isle and Fort Aspenwood (The difference between their population and yours, must be the same as yours and ours)… Then I’ll accept defeat by superior tactics and not by superior numbers.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eye Mohini.7938

Eye Mohini.7938

Yep it’s totally numbers

It’s definately not

I will want to see your superior tactics work against vastly superior numbers like Stormbluff Isle and Fort Aspenwood (The difference between their population and yours, must be the same as yours and ours)… Then I’ll accept defeat by superior tactics and not by superior numbers.

The above list, is a list of tactics viewed by the poster of the referred to server.

I did a search of the thread, and unless the search engine is broken, the only people using the word “superior” are those complaining about YB.

I believe any “gloating” on the YB side is based on how much “QQing” there’s been on the other and the enjoyment they continue to get from it.

the internet, where everyone is as hard as nails

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

If you we’re using this forums search engine then yes it’s broken, terrible even.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

Yep it’s totally numbers

It’s definately not

The above list, is a list of tactics viewed by the poster of the referred to server.

I did a search of the thread, and unless the search engine is broken, the only people using the word “superior” are those complaining about YB.

I believe any “gloating” on the YB side is based on how much “QQing” there’s been on the other and the enjoyment they continue to get from it.

A. My observation is that YB commanders had absolutely no knowledge of how to countersiege a properly defended structure. I mean literally none, total jokes. You guys need to ship those guys out to understudy on some other servers.

B. I loved rolling over huge groups of YB in the open field. Really YB has nothing in the open field. GLOB was decent but really no other guilds stood out as a real threat.

A+B=C

C. Yaks Bend is a terrible server devoid of competent commanders and solely rely on brute force for PPT domination.

-brotha

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

This post is full of tauntrums of childs needing a diaper change, even if 2 of YB kill 4 of SF they send you group just to insult you and tell how YB is all about numbers…

Really guys grow up…

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

If you we’re using this forums search engine then yes it’s broken, terrible even.

1. “…but you guys have superior bloodlust…” – YB
2. “…YB why don’t you put another Superior Catapult…” SF/ET/??
3. “…times you’ve beaten us in a fight is with superior numbers or with siege…” – ET
4. “…when we don’t have siege or superior numbers, we obliterated you..,” – YB
5. “…before YB’s superior coverage took over…” – YB
6. “…knows PVGATE is a superior tactic…” – SF
7. “…we were overwhelmed by superior ACs and sheer YB brute force…” – SF
8. “…out a few times to wipe their Superior ACs…” – SF
9. “…can win fights against superior numbers…” – SF
10. “…CoSA has no issue losing fights to superior siege…” – SF
11. “…(I forgot we have been spawn camping you all week with our superior numbers…” – SF
12. “…laughed all week about their superior tactics, and superior numbers, and superior siege…” – SF
13. “…was not superior anything other than pure brute force population. I bow to your superior numbers but in no way should you think that I am impressed by some alluded to superior game play…” – SF

Counts:

ET: 1
??: 1
YB: 3
SF: 12

Atleast SF wins something this week.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Soo this will most likely be our match up tonight DH/SF/ET. Cant wait

Also according to EU once the PVErs find out about those AP get ready for some queues.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

(edited by clint.5681)

in Match-ups

Madora.9340

1. “…but you guys have superior bloodlust…” – YB
2. “…YB why don’t you put another Superior Catapult…” SF/ET/??
3. “…times you’ve beaten us in a fight is with superior numbers or with siege…” – ET
4. “…when we don’t have siege or superior numbers, we obliterated you..,” – YB
5. “…before YB’s superior coverage took over…” – YB
6. “…knows PVGATE is a superior tactic…” – SF
7. “…we were overwhelmed by superior ACs and sheer YB brute force…” – SF
8. “…out a few times to wipe their Superior ACs…” – SF
9. “…can win fights against superior numbers…” – SF
10. “…CoSA has no issue losing fights to superior siege…” – SF
11. “…(I forgot we have been spawn camping you all week with our superior numbers…” – SF
12. “…laughed all week about their superior tactics, and superior numbers, and superior siege…” – SF
13. “…was not superior anything other than pure brute force population. I bow to your superior numbers but in no way should you think that I am impressed by some alluded to superior game play…” – SF

Counts:

ET: 1
??: 1
YB: 3
SF: 12

Atleast SF wins something this week.

I’m confused, what’s this about?

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

I belive it’s about the word ‘superior’.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

clint.5681

I belive it’s about the word ‘superior’.

Yeah the word most be extremely important to that person. Lets not make fun, it could be apart of their religious beliefs.

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

I believe it’s about the continued presumption that YB believes it’s “superior” although it was never used by YB in that context.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Yep it’s totally numbers

It’s definately not

Jeknar is my forum hero.

@quickflash
I’m not going to argue about the detailed list about why ET is bad since I rarely zerg so I have no idea what ET actually does in terms of wvw strategy.

I just don’t like you because you insulted my server. I’d ask you to 1v1 me brah but I won’t get home before reset.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

quickflash.6314

I was talking about sf /depression

Well except for my screenshot on the ET guys leaving the 4 omegas outside instead of bringing them in to support there ground troops. Feel free to tell me how that was an awesome idea

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in Match-ups

quickflash.6314

@jeknar

Feel free to follow our rise

We will continue to talk kitten.

/wink

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in Match-ups

Posted by: rcelbrechter.8947

rcelbrechter.8947

Well except for my screenshot on the ET guys leaving the 4 omegas outside instead of bringing them in to support there ground troops. Feel free to tell me how that was an awesome idea

SF Depression?? Are we depressed??
Oh… I get it… We are supposed to be depressed. ah~! OK

Renegade Lightsend [Chef] [TAC]
Guardian – Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

quickflash.6314

Poor troll attempt more creation please . Then resubmit

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in Match-ups

Posted by: rcelbrechter.8947

rcelbrechter.8947

Poor troll attempt more creation please . Then resubmit

No Troll.. Just truth.
We are not delusional enough to think that Yaks does not control this match.

This is enough info to prevent depression from setting it. Maybe now you understand?
Why be depressed over a silver population server beating the pulp outta us.
I commend your server population… Nicely done.

Renegade Lightsend [Chef] [TAC]
Guardian – Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

I believe it’s about the continued presumption that YB believes it’s “superior” although it was never used by YB in that context.

Ok, Yak’s isn’t saying they are superior… They are saying we are inferior…

Oh wait…

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

There’s a complex somewhere inhabited by….

in Match-ups

Posted by: losieight.4807

losieight.4807

Only good YB players I have faced so far are from DAOC, extremely talented guild. You guys should pay them to teach the rest of you :P

Died with Basic [BS]

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

BTW, i’m at Eternal Battleground, dueling random peeps… Since I didn’t fought any Yak’s on fight club yesterday (there was none during my stay) I picked up some to fight… I’ll be around until the reset.

To the [DAOC] Human Thief that finished me (you don’t finish people in duels, everyone know that): I guess you didn’t wanted to admit your defeat and decided to jump on me when i was getting ready to duel the [FoW] Charr Guardian, eh? Not very classy…

To the [DAOC] Asura Warrior with the 1700hp/s (FASTCAR i think its called): If you didn’t wanted to do a serious fight, don’t bother coming mock other people… I was there for duels, until you decided to call me for a fight just to keep showing how awesome your hp regen is… Also, that “Shake it Off” you used on the [FoW] thief while we (me and the thief) were fighting wasn’t classy. If you don’t want to fight, don’t spoil other’s.

To the guildless SF warrior that jumped on the thief I was fighting against, you got what you deserved… Next time, don’t jump on other people’s fight.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Jek if you were that engie by SF spawn I saw my guildies jump you. I watched the fight gj to you.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Jek if you were that engie by SF spawn I saw my guildies jump you. I watched the fight gj to you.

Yeah that was me… ET is fighting in the overlook door, so I can’t fight YB anymore over there… Too bad the things are just as ugly on SF spawn.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Yeah it is pretty ugly over there

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

And so it begins… The Jump Puzzle camping…

Attachments: