10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

Dude I understand that this is really important to you. This whole bash SBI as a server in every single thread you happen to run across and it makes for great laughs mostly us laughing at you, so please continue. I can’t imagine what you do with the rest of your day.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Mag might talk a lot of kitten when it comes to this game….

You do, at least.

You’ll be better off when you get less concerned with what SBI is doing and worry about your own server inadequacies.

You mean like how we’re spanking you this week with regards to match-up performance? Good job somehow blowing the most favorable match-up you could have received. Oh right, you’re doing it on purpose for a finisher and bandwagon-protection. Gotta protect that investment you made!

Is this why you so mad?

Attachments:

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

It’s funny how last week everyone wanted SBI to get into Gold, and now no one wants them there.

I feel bad for the long-time SBI guys who worked so hard to build up their server and community, only to now have it hijacked by people who are afraid of challenges.

(edited by Chris.3290)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Dude I understand that this is really important to you. This whole bash SBI as a server in every single thread you happen to run across and it makes for great laughs mostly us laughing at you, so please continue. I can’t imagine what you do with the rest of your day.

I’m going to take that as a “no”.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

You do, at least.

You’ll be better off when you get less concerned with what SBI is doing and worry about your own server inadequacies.

You mean like how we’re spanking you this week with regards to match-up performance? Good job somehow blowing the most favorable match-up you could have received. Oh right, you’re doing it on purpose for a finisher and bandwagon-protection. Gotta protect that investment you made!

After your humiliating loss last week, I suppose I would expect you to grasp at any straw you can.

SBI

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiamar.1820

Kiamar.1820

Great fights this week SOS and SBI!

VIG is likely the oldest (since day 1) SOR 5-10 man havoc team that likes to roam and fight. Special shoutout to BEAST over the weekend as they kept coming out looking to scrap with us.

Guild Leader of Vigilance [VIG]
Sanctum of Rall

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

You do, at least.

Is this why you so mad?

Yeah, you should know by now flashing PPT to a Mag isn’t going to get jack-kitten of a reaction.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

This is just from the last few pages of our match-up thread and the end of the gold-league thread from the general wvw forums, and this hasn’t even included the PMs our commanders have been getting in-game from other servers encouraging them to push as hard as possible this week to dislodge SBI out of 6. I can’t comment on the specifics of those but if they’re reading this thread and want to then I’d encourage it.

SBI’s community is horribly fragmented right now. I don’t envy your situation as a server, but I don’t pity you either. You created this mess by encouraging such a huge bandwagon.

Huh….why are SoR, JQ and BG missing from this list of gold servers that profess their love of Mag?

(edited by Burl.9567)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

So, in all honesty the reason why you, SBI, get so much crap is because you do things that no one with any skill in the game actually respects.

You pay for anyone with a pulse to transfer over to your server just so you can zerg down middle-tier servers more effectively.

You admit yourselves to being a bandwagon server on your (publicly-viewable) SBI community forums.

You come to a consensus to intentionally tank your server to silver to appease the bandwagoners and seal-club your way to a worthless finisher. And anyone who doesn’t think this is intentional on the part of SBI doesn’t understand the server ranking system. SBI literally got one of the most valuable match-ups to move them up in points, and Mag got one of the least valuable and, despite this, Mag is currently sitting at the 6 spot above SBI.

Honestly, you don’t belong in gold league because you don’t have the attitude to survive it. You told me in the past match-up thread that my estimation of your server collapsing in about 4 weeks of being subjected to gold match-ups was nonsense because your community was so “tight-knit” and everyone moved to the server before the bandwagoning happened, when in fact you were just lying through your teeth because your primary motivator toward tanking to silver is to protect your bankrolled community from the mass-exodus that would happen in gold. This is all on the open letter on the SBI community forums that anyone from any server can view.

Mag might talk a lot of kitten when it comes to this game, but:

1) It’s all in good fun and entertainment;

2) We can back it up with the skillful fights that other players on different servers can appreciate and enjoy.

We know we’d be way above our coverage level in gold but we don’t care as long as we have constant fights. We also know that such a situation would only serve to make us stronger as a community and a server. And unlike the very small minority of people on SBI who express this sentiment, it’s a majority consensus on our server. In fact, a number of clans on Mag have tossed-around the possibility of transferring if we DON’T get into gold because we would lack a challenge in silver.

So please just continue to get out of our way. Not only would it be in both of our best interests, but community leaders from other gold-league servers have expressed that they would much rather face us in gold for the fights that they know we will bring than SBI is capable of doing.

What I read was… “blah blah blah…”

SBI beat Maguuma by 44k points last week.
Still mad?

~Tarnished Coast~

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

After checking out the 6 pages on SBI forums about the “topic de jour”, all I have to say to SBI is don’t worry about where you end up.
Play the same in this match as you did last week, and the week before that. If your fate is to be in Gold League, then you belong there.
If you end up in Silver, maybe then you weren’t ready or maybe Mags just wanted it more.

If you want to come after SoS over SoR, just say so and don’t obfuscate about it. You guys need to have some powwows and get on a single page. I feel like it’s SoR-SoS-SBI-SBI-SBI because you have so many different faces right now.

Enough on this, let’s take it back to the game. I feel like I’m yelling at someone with MPD and I feel dirtied by it.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

SoR really gets the dormant forum warrior out of any server they are matched against

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

SoR really gets the dormant forum warrior out of any server they are matched against

Hey don’t look at us, it seems to be mostly SBI, SoS and Mag pvf warriors going at each other :o We’re trying to be the nice guys here but there seems to be a lot of hate towards tier 1 servers in general lately :-(

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

SoR’s forum warriors have taken the match off and 90% of the incendiary posts are by SoR fans from T1 or SBI fans from their previous matches.

All the rest is anger, confusion, denials, and drama about what SBI’s plans are for the future and the stability of their coalition.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

We do seem to, I’ve also seen we seem to be a regular conversation topic in threads we’re neither part of nor commenting in. People just seem to have SoR on their minds….

Attachments:

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Mostly just trolls from other matchups who can’t seem to resist commenting. Probably because they miss us so much.

You know people like you.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

Do we have another forum that I’m not allowed to see on SBI? 2 people express preference of silver: OMG! THEY"RE SO AFRAID OF GOLD@!!! QQ MOARI

We need a SBI Fanclub forum for these guys me thinks.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

It’s not really surprising a SoR matchup thread gets to 12 pages so quickly. It is surprising when it gets there with 10 of the 12 pages being Mag and SBI arguing back and forth.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

So, in all honesty the reason why you, SBI, get so much crap is because you do things that no one with any skill in the game actually respects.

You pay for anyone with a pulse to transfer over to your server just so you can zerg down middle-tier servers more effectively.

You admit yourselves to being a bandwagon server on your (publicly-viewable) SBI community forums.

You come to a consensus to intentionally tank your server to silver to appease the bandwagoners and seal-club your way to a worthless finisher. And anyone who doesn’t think this is intentional on the part of SBI doesn’t understand the server ranking system. SBI literally got one of the most valuable match-ups to move them up in points, and Mag got one of the least valuable and, despite this, Mag is currently sitting at the 6 spot above SBI.

Honestly, you don’t belong in gold league because you don’t have the attitude to survive it. You told me in the past match-up thread that my estimation of your server collapsing in about 4 weeks of being subjected to gold match-ups was nonsense because your community was so “tight-knit” and everyone moved to the server before the bandwagoning happened, when in fact you were just lying through your teeth because your primary motivator toward tanking to silver is to protect your bankrolled community from the mass-exodus that would happen in gold. This is all on the open letter on the SBI community forums that anyone from any server can view.

Mag might talk a lot of kitten when it comes to this game, but:

1) It’s all in good fun and entertainment;

2) We can back it up with the skillful fights that other players on different servers can appreciate and enjoy.

We know we’d be way above our coverage level in gold but we don’t care as long as we have constant fights. We also know that such a situation would only serve to make us stronger as a community and a server. And unlike the very small minority of people on SBI who express this sentiment, it’s a majority consensus on our server. In fact, a number of clans on Mag have tossed-around the possibility of transferring if we DON’T get into gold because we would lack a challenge in silver.

So please just continue to get out of our way. Not only would it be in both of our best interests, but community leaders from other gold-league servers have expressed that they would much rather face us in gold for the fights that they know we will bring than SBI is capable of doing.

What I read was… “blah blah blah…”

SBI beat Maguuma by 44k points last week.
Still mad?

Actually I’m quite happy we’re getting into gold.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s not really surprising a SoR matchup thread gets to 12 pages so quickly. It is surprising when it gets there with 10 of the 12 pages being Mag and SBI arguing back and forth.

That’s because forum warrioring is more about coverage and zerging, just like wvw. Only the naive would care about Posts Per Tick.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dese.1382

Dese.1382

Stormbluff Isle commander exploiting the bugged mesmer traits on EBG, classy.

That’s the improved necro bar? LoL they didn’t even take the time to make the bar tall enough to fix the text.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JobCreator.1956

JobCreator.1956

The doctor recommends 1000mg of Midol for deathTouch, stat!

The kitten mightier than the sword.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

You happen to see a guild name so I can do some digging?

On a side note, SBI’s WvW population is made up almost (70%) of militia or pvx guilds. They are a fickle bunch to say the least. Those recent guild transfers were sorely needed on server with such a huge hole of WvW guilds. While most servers can boast at the least 1-2 large WvW guilds we havent been able to do so since LoD/SiN/UDL left for Darkfall. Some grass root guilds like TE and ML have popped up and have really done a great job, but for the most part we had a spot for some. We managed to pull 1 large guild, DDLG, and a few smaller ones. The end result was the sudden surge of LA COMMANDERS trekking out of the safe confines of the city and into the mists. Thus, bloating via the fair weathers.

You need only guest now to SBI to see where they are. Catch you guys on the field in a bit. We aint all rolling over.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

There is a code of conduct that all signed to allow access to these forums, there is also a further wvw code of conduct reminder.

SoR/SBI and SoS all have some fine players who are providing a great deal of fun ingame. We also have a few forum monkey’s who appear to wish to play a different game.

See you on the battlefields.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

If a server doesn’t make it where they would prefer to be that is their own fault for either setting their goals too high or for falling short. Bottom line servers that make it to where they want to be it doesn’t matter they obviously earned it one way or the other it is no ones right to dictate who should be where.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Win or lose that last place for Gold league, SBI still has its momentum and is moving its server rank upwards this week (thanks to the FA fallout) and its the same reason that Mag may end up in the NA high-tier league (despite one forum warrior’s claim of superiority). SBI probably just ran out of time to make it to the last spot and drew a “lucky” match up against SoR while FA fell down (see my post last week – heh).

There is always season 2. And despite the forum warriors, SBI beat Mag hard last week and it wasn’t all in just PPT.

But this week is not over yet…Mag better keep working for it.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

SBI please do better… Please? No one in silver league wants to go up against you. I know you all don’t want to steamroll every week for 7 weeks either. These leagues have been and will continue to be terrible ideas.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Win or lose that last place for Gold league, SBI still has its momentum and is moving its server rank upwards this week (thanks to the FA fallout) and its the same reason that Mag may end up in the NA high-tier league (despite one forum warrior’s claim of superiority). SBI probably just ran out of time to make it to the last spot and drew a “lucky” match up against SoR while FA fell down (see my post last week – heh).

There is always season 2. And despite the forum warriors, SBI beat Mag hard last week and it wasn’t all in just PPT.

But this week is not over yet…Mag better keep working for it.

Maybe you should tell your own server it’s not over, because your forums are already calling it and planning to recruit from the top of silver.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

Psst hey! Mesmer in SoR SBI BL just now. Just because Anet kittened up descent into madness, does not mean that you should be using an exploit on us when we are trying to take back our SE tower. Insta Death. To my team and the rams. Had your door well down. You that much into points that you can’t even lose one tower that you would get back in five minutes anyways? Oh and then you and the six others chased me all over just to get the last kill. So pathetic on all of you.

Oh hey you went to Bay and did it again. Though this time there were two of you. Go stealth, drop down, run off so you can’t be reported. Nice.

SBI

(edited by Purr Kitten.8731)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

SBI please do better… Please? No one in silver league wants to go up against you. I know you all don’t want to steamroll every week for 7 weeks either. These leagues have been and will continue to be terrible ideas.

You think Maguuma is going to be any funner for you guys?

And yes, a good portion of SBI has made it clear that they want the steamrolling and actually think they can do something with a last minute infusion of fairweathers.
Plus they share the concern that other servers have voiced that they will lose a lot of people if they were to go into Gold. Where would all those guys go next?

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

SBI forums are filled with people threatening to quit or sit out the season

To someone who actually has an account on SBI forums (and even visits them!) this is rubbish.

There’s a grand total of one user, who seems to be from a PvE guild (wtf?) that I’ve never heard of threatening to quit. Most of the forum users would rather be in gold league, based on discussion in public and private forums.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

renmei.3102

Psst hey! Mesmer in SoR SBI BL just now. Just because Anet kittened up descent into madness, does not mean that you should be using an exploit on us when we are trying to take back our SE tower. Insta Death. To my team and the rams. Had your door well down. You that much into points that you can’t even lose one tower that you would get back in five minutes anyways? Oh and then you and the six others chased me all over just to get the last kill. So pathetic on all of you.

Oh hey you went to Bay and did it again. Though this time there were two of you. Go stealth, drop down, run off so you can’t be reported. Nice.

I just saw some EVOL mesmers doing the same thing in EB, settle down everyone is just having some fun xD Ninja mesmers are the new meta~

(edited by renmei.3102)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

We are trying, but the fairweathers have taken a bit of a hit this week against SoR.
It’s hard to take anything against SoR, everything is t3. So we have to pick on SoS a bit.
We can really only have a decent amount of people in EB with our hardcore WvW’ers this week.
Gold or Silver… it’s a lose-lose for us.
I’m sure if it were up to us we would prefer a 4-9 league. It’s not from a lack of trying. SoR outmans us on every map aside from reset night, at all hours of the day.
We do understand what it’s like on the other side of the coin.
We are gaining points this week, one of only a few of the top 10. So we are trying.
If it so happens we fall into silver, I’ll do my best when I’m on not to encourage any poor behavior towards servers that are clearly outmanned.
We honestly just ran out of time to make gold. Was a very poor matchup this week for us. Had we drawn anyone but SoR/JQ/Blackgate, we probably would have been able to gain more points. But those 3 servers lock us down like we do to the servers below us.
I do agree the current league setup is a bit silly. Plenty of servers, whether it be gold/silver/bronze won’t be having a good time. But it’s really no different than the current RNG matchups.
Examples from this week…
1 vs 5 vs 8
6 vs 7 vs 13
10 vs 19 vs 21
16 vs 23 vs 24

~Tarnished Coast~

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

I just saw some EVOL mesmers doing the same thing in EB, settle down everyone is just having some fun xD Ninja mesmers are the new meta~

Hey for people in SoR of course it is no big deal people having fun. They own everything. For the rest of us, it is not fun. At all.

SBI

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

[Choo] from SoR is seeking any and all GvGs, you can pick the group size. We just want to get some fights and have fun. This matchup isn’t fair nor is it fun. Here’s a chance for us all to actually have some fun. :>

Please message either myself or James (james.5480) if you’re up for it either tonight or any other time this week!

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Great mesmer fights all!

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

aye well done mesmer kitten… everytime you go near a keep they are jumping down… attacking garrison and all i see is SBI mesmers standing and waiting for us to approach. kittenty guild groups using them

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

yeh this is kitten.. tactically using mesmer exploit to wipe people….

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

There are talks with certain guilds on Maguuma about letting SBI take over 6th place. To help makes this happen, one of our main Commanders is taking the rest of the week off, so that’ll give SBI a chance to close the point gap. This would be in the spirit of friendship and good will, seeing as how we loves SBI so much.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yvari.9340

Yvari.9340

Mesmer meta!

I would suggest all guild leaders strongly encourage their mesmers to remove the trait. Beast has done so, and I can only hope that our honorable comrades and opponents both will do the same.

Elsewise, lets all just weather this, and report anyone abusing it.

Kiphias
Stormbluff Isle

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

It doesn’t matter whether we or Mag end up in silver. Either server is going to streamroll the majority of the competition week in and week out.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

renmei.3102

If this was a serious match I’d be mad but being this week well..

Attachments:

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Best thing to happen to wvw in a long time, relieves the monotony.

Instead of watching the SoR band wagon blob its way around our towers/keeps, they don’t come at all!

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Lmao @ the SBI obsession. Some people spend more time talking about SBI than they do about their own server.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

They will ban people for abusing this. I would imagine at least 72 hour.

The Dev gave the “I suggest you don’t use it” warning lulz

A L T S
Skritt Happens

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Is…is it safe in WvW now? Those mesmer ninjas scary…

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Hate to break it to you, but look at the mini map, where the orange swords are.

I tried to take pictures of where the arrowcart was.
It was on top of the little ledge shooting through the keep wall.

Hack of not it’s an exploit of the game’s transparent walls. If Anet could get their kitten together and make it so arrows dont go through walls then this sort of kitten wouldn’t happen.

it explain it all, btw i placed that ac and i was using it. stop thinking its hack or exploit before u never try those counter sieges spot

First thing first, I never said I believed you were using a hack.

But you know what, your right… That seems like the most legit thing to do when you outnumber your enemy 2 to 1, to shoot an arrowcart through the wall by exploiting an engine bug…

As I said, Anet has to fix their engine so that stuff like this doesn’t happen again. I’m not blaming you for these tactics, I’m sure in T1 they are the norm.

That’s the only thing that bothered me about this matchup, and the fact that SoR’s zerg crashes my computer.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: eksn.7264

eksn.7264

I used so many catas today because of those kittening mesmers…

Noz

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigblah.3285

bigblah.3285

It doesn’t matter whether we or Mag end up in silver. Either server is going to streamroll the majority of the competition week in and week out.

SBI does emote a lot less than Mag, so at least everyone will still be able to read map chat.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreamciqul.4617

Kreamciqul.4617

Great fights in SBI BL, thanks SBI for coming out and engaging

[RISE]
Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

There are talks with certain guilds on Maguuma about letting SBI take over 6th place. To help makes this happen, one of our main Commanders is taking the rest of the week off, so that’ll give SBI a chance to close the point gap. This would be in the spirit of friendship and good will, seeing as how we loves SBI so much.

If you really are on Mag, I’d copy paste this all over those kittening Mag people talking about SBI trying to tank. But I’m suspect.