10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: bubumochi.8512

bubumochi.8512

I heard a rumor that in an effort for SBI to get into gold league SoR has decided to focus on taking SoS stuff and leaving SBI alone. A SoR commander even got kittened on because of taking an SBI keep while SoS still owned stuff on the map. This might be why they hate the color red…I don’t know it’s just a rumor. Anyways a Choo also told me there was a never ending queue on SoS BL until there was no red.

Those are not rumors, there is a topic about it on the SBI website, under the general discussion WvWvW session.

Nutellha

The Original Hazelnut Spread, from 1964

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

T1 trolling tactics: A brief guide
step 1. Give a server that doesnt want to be given gold league get gold league
step 2. Push a server out of gold who does want to be in gold
step 3. Constantly chase down and eradicate one server until they give up
step 4. ?
step 5. Profit!

I doubt that.
first: you cant controll your pugs; they will flatten everything regardless of what you might want nevermind the queue for taking that last red spot on the map (a bit needy there, arent`t you).
secondly: see how long it takes until your big boys get bored and you gotta deal with the backlash of that
thirdly: i dont see profit but if you are one of those people that can`t loose i can see where the rabbit runs

“If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

I think SoR can do w/e they want, it’s not like there is an official WvWvW rule stating that you must not focus on one server only.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Uthman.4873

Uthman.4873

I heard a rumor that in an effort for SBI to get into gold league SoR has decided to focus on taking SoS stuff and leaving SBI alone. A SoR commander even got kittened on because of taking an SBI keep while SoS still owned stuff on the map. This might be why they hate the color red…I don’t know it’s just a rumor. Anyways a Choo also told me there was a never ending queue on SoS BL until there was no red.

Rumor huh? I will neither confirm or deny it. However I will say that I am pretty disgusted right now, and will probably be transferring my toons to another server. I may possibly forget about GW2 all together, I’m just that sick.

Uthman – Norn Ranger
Grangy – Asura Guardian
Sanctum of Rall since soft start

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Rumor huh? I will neither confirm or deny it. However I will say that I am pretty disgusted right now, and will probably be transferring my toons to another server. I may possibly forget about GW2 all together, I’m just that sick.

You getting this riled up over a video game? Really? You definitely need a break man. Enjoy your vacation.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

bubumochi.8512

here we go..it is on another topic…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Last-Spot-in-Gold-League/page/9#post3044877

Nutellha

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

After fighting a few SoR…. I’m not impressed

Let’s swap some pics then….. ill go first

Nice pic, they’re all invaders, and all wearing default level 2 gear. You’re a big boy!

Some of ur SOS buddies…….

Congratulations, you took some guys from FAD, a dedicated PvE guild.

The biggest scandal about this picture is that their guild leader doesn’t like WvW and will ask them what they were doing there.

way to throw server mates under the bus

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I think SoR can do w/e they want, it’s not like there is an official WvWvW rule stating that you must not focus on one server only.

Actually, match manipulation is technically against the rules and conduct for the game.

Since we have no names, screenshots, etc; there is no action to be taken other than to laugh at the silly extremes that T1 servers go to bolster their numbers.

I went into this with a lot of respect for SoR for not buying guilds, but I think I have more respect for BG’s bake sale recruitment tactics over this one.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Actually, match manipulation is technically against the rules and conduct for the game.

Since we have no names, screenshots, etc; there is no action to be taken other than to laugh at the silly extremes that T1 servers go to bolster their numbers.

I went into this with a lot of respect for SoR for not buying guilds, but I think I have more respect for BG’s bake sale recruitment tactics over this one.

You getting all worked up over a video game. Take a break man.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I’d like to read this particular section on “match manipulation”.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Nice pic, they’re all invaders, and all wearing default level 2 gear. You’re a big boy!

The biggest scandal about this picture is that their guild leader doesn’t like WvW and will ask them what they were doing there.

I’m not, I have family in that guild. They are a PvE guild that has been exploring WvW for the upcoming season.

I just find it sad that they found 3 folks new to WvW wandering around, then ran to the forums to brag with screenshots.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

T1 trolling tactics: A brief guide
step 1. Give a server that doesnt want to be given gold league get gold league
step 2. Push a server out of gold who does want to be in gold
step 3. Constantly chase down and eradicate one server until they give up
step 4. ?
step 5. Profit!

I doubt that.
first: you cant controll your pugs; they will flatten everything regardless of what you might want nevermind the queue for taking that last red spot on the map (a bit needy there, arent`t you).
secondly: see how long it takes until your big boys get bored and you gotta deal with the backlash of that
thirdly: i dont see profit but if you are one of those people that can`t loose i can see where the rabbit runs

“If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”

We have a saying “you cant stop the train”
But, having been there first hand. You can certainly rein it in.

As for the queue, despite the rumors, SoR is not 4-queue 24/7. Last night for essentially the whole night we had 0 queue’s anywhere. About 20-30 of us in the TS were quite simply going to a map, flipping what we wanted to flip, and leaving. Also bouncing back to places to defend against those golem rushes. 1 group, 3 BL’s, and the PuG’s did fine on EB without us. I’ve never had a problem with the SoR queue’s ever. Though I do play at very weird times (12am-6am EST)

Our “big boys”? Do you mean the guilds? The commanders? I havent seen any backlash from them. Literal worst case scenario we just kick the karma train back into high gear. You realize that most of this trolling is happening because we had nothing to flip right? Lots of the guilds would rather be fighting groups than pvdooring the same towers/keeps over and over, if that means chasing after the only real zerg we know is out there, then by god we’ll do it. Last night SBI had something like 10 people. SoS had at least 1 group of “30-40” (to go by our scouts information and what I saw in bay last night). Guess which group we decided to be chasing after?

The profit is fun. Also it was a reference to a… you know what nevermind, if you’ve been on the internet this long and havent seen it used before, then im not gonna be the one to corrupt you.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

SoR, holding the doors open until SBI can take keeps. Coordinating with them on their TS3.

Has any group collectively embarrassed themselves, this much, with so much bad behavior?

I would like to give a warm welcome to our newest guild on Sanctum Of Rall, [SBI] we had lots of fun today foiling the evil plots of SoS.

Yes, I can confirm as a former DB citizen TC would, on a daily basis open doors for FA when DB/TC/FA were matched up.

Here’s a tip.

HAHAHAHAHAHA you’re referring to the fights at DBs EB keep. BOTH servers hated you for being a bandwagon and talking a big game on the forums. We still laugh about that to this day.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

SoR, holding the doors open until SBI can take keeps. Coordinating with them on their TS3.

Has any group collectively embarrassed themselves, this much, with so much bad behavior?

I would like to give a warm welcome to our newest guild on Sanctum Of Rall, [SBI] we had lots of fun today foiling the evil plots of SoS.

Yes, I can confirm as a former DB citizen TC would, on a daily basis open doors for FA when DB/TC/FA were matched up.

Here’s a tip.

HAHAHAHAHAHA you’re referring to the fights at DBs EB keep. BOTH servers hated you for being a bandwagon and talking a big game on the forums. We still laugh about that to this day.

Nobody cares.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I’m not, I have family in that guild. They are a PvE guild that has been exploring WvW for the upcoming season.

I just find it sad that they found 3 folks new to WvW wandering around, then ran to the forums to brag with screenshots.

they were not all invaders, and aurust had no reason to think they were new.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Here’s a tip.

:D

That brings back memories. Or how about the time that 60 TC and 60 FA teamed up to completely wipe DB from EB and then had a dance party together in their keep?

Great times. Many DB tears were shed that day

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Here’s a tip.

Nobody cares.

I care, and it was hilarious. You sound like a bitter ex-gf

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Here’s a tip.

Nobody cares.

He’s jealous of our relationship, FA. Even though you’re falling in ranks, we will be together5ever as rivals.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

Here’s a tip.

Nobody cares.

He’s jealous of our relationship, FA. Even though you’re falling in ranks, we will be together5ever as rivals.

I have the same relationship with BG. Vash and I take long walks on the beach and share our innermost thoughts with each other.

Again….nobody cares.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

good fight to IRON and SoR in SBI BL garrison. signing off for now, hopefully when I come back on I still see that waypoint.

Star Player
[KEK]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

they were not all invaders, and aurust had no reason to think they were new.

I know, I was just setting the record straight that he had nothing to brag about there. I’m actually shocked if any were higher than invaders, but they are good people. Like I said, I have family with them and they are good folks.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

What’s sad about this matchup is that we could have had a great race to the finish between SBI and SOS but SoR essentially forcing SBI to gold league ruined that.

And SBI they’re not pushing you to gold to help you the reason is far more sinister then that, tip they’re a t1 server what would you expect.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

I’m kind of ashamed that my server has colluded with SoR in this.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

I’m kind of ashamed that my server has colluded with SoR in this.

Don’t be man, the large majority of your server hasn’t. Their may be a couple of commanders but for the majority this is as suprising as it was to them as it was to us.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

The conspiracy theories are hilarious. Have you even looked at http://mos.millenium.org/na ?

FA will probably have a bigger impact than anything SoR can do. Frankly, I don’t care who it is as long as they come out and fight (finger pointed at you [TE]. get out of the invul spots).

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rosie.5329

Rosie.5329

Agreements seem to be made between a very select “primer” WvW guilds. These are about 4-5 guilds that feel they are the best, and most active in wvw. They discount anyone else as scrubs. I have listened to some of these guild leaders and commanders trash talk other guilds then stand there and say EVERYONE has to do what this council of guilds has decided.

Honestly I believe we should be practicing an attitude of getting the most points ALL week. This season event isn’t who wins your round. It is who out scores the others for the ENTIRE season. Helping another server is not helping our own. If the other server feels picked on, or treated badly, I am sorry. This is the way the developers have set up WvW to be played.

The idea that we can help a server prevent the loss of guilds due to letting them score more, is not our responsibility. There are way too many servers with low population, and they suffer because of it. Merging isn’t always the answer, but it would be nice if these servers had the ability to move entire guilds up to a higher population, yet not be considered abandoning. It is no fun to be in WvW and get rolled every time you step out your spawn. Don’t judge someone for wanting to be on a better team. Human nature wants to win, or at least succeed.

In closing, I hope SBI and SoS can understand that decisions they see mentioned in the forums, and hear in TS, are decisions a small group of people are making. These people feel they run the place, and in general when they suggest things many do them. But unilateral decisions that we help a server, never play up levels, no karma trains, and other such things are not generally followed, or even listened to. We have people yell about it in map chat, and most of them get ignored or trolled.

SoR is more then the 5 ‘elite’ WvW guilds. Sadly they forget this as well.

Good luck to every one in the upcoming season.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I wonder what happens when SoR meets SBI and BG (or JQ) in a season matchup and we have a 2v1 from SoR and SBI. Maybe you really don’t need to recruit guilds, when you can use servers as puppets.
Maybe I need a tinfoil hat. Can someone bring Snowden here?

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I wonder what happens when SoR meets SBI and BG (or JQ) in a season matchup and we have a 2v1 from SoR and SBI. Maybe you really don’t need to recruit guilds, when you can use servers as puppets.
Maybe I need a tinfoil hat. Can someone bring Snowden here?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. If that’s the plan, then I approve.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

lol like how some people used to think that TC was a BG puppet since they were so xoxo <3 <3 on the forums? But it turned out that on the fight TC proved to be their own server and not some pawn.. for the most part :p

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

Sure, such things can backfire very fast. Besides I don’t believe in that kind of strategy, but I fail to find an explanation why SoR would like to have SBI in gold league, when the majority of SBI don’t want to be there.
Maybe someone can enlighten me.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

There are way too many servers with low population, and they suffer because of it.

Check your log in server population status on a weekday afternoon, may surprise you.

This past Tuesday around noon CST, far from NA prime. 19 of 24 servers in NA all at “Very Full” status. Checked at 3:15pm CST earlier and same thing.

Low server population is not the problem as it’s obvious there are lots that are logged on and playing during non prime time NA hours.

Getting the PvE crowd of those “very full” servers to participate in WvW however is a different story… hah!

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

bubumochi.8512

Agreements seem to be made between a very select “primer” WvW guilds. These are about 4-5 guilds that feel they are the best, and most active in wvw. They discount anyone else as scrubs. I have listened to some of these guild leaders and commanders trash talk other guilds then stand there and say EVERYONE has to do what this council of guilds has decided.

Honestly I believe we should be practicing an attitude of getting the most points ALL week. This season event isn’t who wins your round. It is who out scores the others for the ENTIRE season. Helping another server is not helping our own. If the other server feels picked on, or treated badly, I am sorry. This is the way the developers have set up WvW to be played.

The idea that we can help a server prevent the loss of guilds due to letting them score more, is not our responsibility. There are way too many servers with low population, and they suffer because of it. Merging isn’t always the answer, but it would be nice if these servers had the ability to move entire guilds up to a higher population, yet not be considered abandoning. It is no fun to be in WvW and get rolled every time you step out your spawn. Don’t judge someone for wanting to be on a better team. Human nature wants to win, or at least succeed.

In closing, I hope SBI and SoS can understand that decisions they see mentioned in the forums, and hear in TS, are decisions a small group of people are making. These people feel they run the place, and in general when they suggest things many do them. But unilateral decisions that we help a server, never play up levels, no karma trains, and other such things are not generally followed, or even listened to. We have people yell about it in map chat, and most of them get ignored or trolled.

SoR is more then the 5 ‘elite’ WvW guilds. Sadly they forget this as well.

Good luck to every one in the upcoming season.

If you really want to do something to the WvW comunity, and know any of the people involved in this cheat, you should report them to ANET.

Nutellha

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaian.2615

kaian.2615

Sure, such things can backfire very fast. Besides I don’t believe in that kind of strategy, but I fail to find an explanation why SoR would like to have SBI in gold league, when the majority of SBI don’t want to be there.

IMO SOR is probably afraid of getting their kitten kicked by Mag’s NA guilds, and their large oceanic/sea force(read goku).

[CNB] Sea of Sorrows

(edited by kaian.2615)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Perhaps there is a former SBI commander that is on SOR working with former players on SBI that log on during same time that are working the map in his favor? Don’t be surprised in a few hours when they log off a whole random set of events happen when a new commander with perhaps friends on SOS work the map in their favor. Or of course another commander with no relationship with either server do random things and do something else.

Hard to fathom I know…

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

renmei.3102

I’m looking at MAG’s recent history, and it seems they lost to both SBI and SoS in recent weeks. I’m sure SOR is afraid of them :o

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

COULD THE HIGHER UPS OF SOR BE SECRETLY WORKING WITH MAGUUMA TO PLOT THE DEMISE OF SBI AND KEEP THEM IN THE GOLD TIER?

FIND OUT NEXT EPISODE…

Attachments:

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Thank you to SoR for being so classy and helpful during our karma train together on SoS BL last night.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

There is a tv show with a Jesse Ventura?

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

renmei.3102

Deploy tin foil hats and start popping the popcorn fellow forum warriors~!

Attachments:

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Except that Maguuma really wants in Gold, probably now more than ever since they are looking at the prospect of not only a boring Silver League (4-5 silvers have emptied now?)but not even winning that League.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Thank you to SoR for being so classy and helpful during our karma train together on SoS BL last night.

So did you make enough to pay for your transfers, or are you getting assistance?

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Korbaal.6402

Korbaal.6402

Here’s a tip.

Yeah I wont lie, that was painful. But hey-ho it makes smashing TC and FA that much more satisfying these days.

[RIP STAR]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

Those are not rumors, there is a topic about it on the SBI website, under the general discussion WvWvW session.

Yup here is the quote “I’m on record as saying I would personally prefer silver league because of the closer fights.
But I’m willing to fight in gold as long as we got there fairly. If we deserve to be there, we should be. Sure, we’ll get smashed for 7 weeks, but somebody has to, and if we’re most deserving of that beatdown, so be it. I still went out and fought every day for SBI this week doing my best, spending my gold and blueprints trying to fight fairly.
I was disgusted when I logged in this morning and saw members of SoR in our teamspeak working with TE to doubleteam SoS to get our PPT up to get us into gold league.
SoR literally had 20 people sitting in our bay at the lord, not capping it.
That’s not the SBI I’ve spent well over a year fighting for. I don’t understand why TE is speaking for our entire server.
I logged off in disgust this morning. This isn’t what WvW is supposed to be.
I would like this addressed at the server meeting tonight, because I find it quite despicable.
Now after 5 and a half days fighting, we can’t even fairly claim a win over SoS.”

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

SoS, thanks for having a little costume party with us! We are trying to have fun, but then SoR decided they wanted bags more, so they had to steamroll the quaggans.
:( Bad SoR.

I was the Dolyak! =D

Thanks for playing!!!

[Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

lol like how some people used to think that TC was a BG puppet since they were so xoxo <3 <3 on the forums? But it turned out that on the fight TC proved to be their own server and not some pawn.. for the most part :p

Hey hey HEY.

We’re still <3 <3 xoxo to each other okay

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

he’s right from their corpses you can se 2 of the 3 were wearing underlevel armor and their WvW rank was all extremely low

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Shown to illustrate that every server has good and bad roamers….. silly talk from lower ranked servers about their “roaming skills” because they cannot match the our might will be shot down….. with pics.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

he’s right from their corpses you can se 2 of the 3 were wearing underlevel armor and their WvW rank was all extremely low

Only 1 was underleveled… the charr…. though still cheesy condition longbow build.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Shown to illustrate that every server has good and bad roamers….. silly talk from lower ranked servers about their “roaming skills” because they cannot match the our might will be shot down….. with pics.

Looked over the history of this thread, the first server to bring up roamers and carry on about it was actually SoR.

Sorry, you seem to have mistaken us for Maguuma with their obsession of roamers > zergs.

Besides, how we don’t know you didn’t just run over those guys with a zerg?

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

One of my friends on SBI said some guilds want to transfer to Mags if we get to Silver. Please consider instead JQ or SoR. /begs

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!