10/18 Gunnars Hold|Aurora Glade|Millers Sound

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.4678

Zen.4678

why don’t GH just simply have 1 vs 1 fights instead of having to double team all of the time? The only GH I have seen respect 1 vs 1 fights are members of [TEO]
edit: I lied, now even [TEO] are double teaming me
where’s FURY? they’re the only ones so far (apart from hihey who actually beat me 1 vs 1) that I can get a decent fight out of :L

Same with AG. I can’t ever get in a 1v1 without 1-4 others jumping in.

Just had a 1v1 going with a mesmer, when it got bad for him 4 of his guildies jumped in with one other non guildie.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Same with AG. I can’t ever get in a 1v1 without 1-4 others jumping in.

Just had a 1v1 going with a mesmer, when it got bad for him 4 of his guildies jumped in with one other non guildie.

Are you that hooded “permastealth” thief that got zerged 4-5 near the south ruins a while ago?

If you are that guy you know that not all of us are like that. Im that engi with the mohawk :P I left you alone when you got zerged and even let you res after killing you 1v1!

If the guy isnt a scumbag thats what i typically do (as if its a duel). Good fights anyway.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Haha hihey
Just had a fight with you in Spvp ;D
To bad my Q poped for solo tourney

How you like my S/D build?
(p new to it)

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxikthrash.2704

Toxikthrash.2704

Crazy Black Beast has left the server, Goodbye Gunnars, Hello Vabbi!

Who?

Dishammer – Human Guardian of [CHvc]

in Match-ups

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Haha hihey

(p new to it)

Lolwut?
I always look for known guild tags when I have fun in hotjoin with my mesmer. So far I’ve met a VcY (nick: Forzi) and a Mya (don’t remember the nick, started with B I think and was a mesmer). But didn’t see anyone from FURY :O
What map did we play on?
And what class do you play anyway? S/D could be both Ele or Thief

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Haha hihey

(p new to it)

Lolwut?
I always look for known guild tags when I have fun in hotjoin with my mesmer. So far I’ve met a VcY (nick: Forzi) and a Mya (don’t remember the nick, started with B I think and was a mesmer). But didn’t see anyone from FURY :O
What map did we play on?
And what class do you play anyway? S/D could be both Ele or Thief

Skyhammer, think server 103 and on Ele (Aco kitten alist)
You engaged me on mid :P
Was at the start of the match, was in my tourney game 1min after that :c

Edit: Anet, y u no let me post my name :c
Stupid Filter

Hello darkness, my old friend.

(edited by Acotje.5689)

in Match-ups

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

freshly joined gunnars yesterday and i have to say, it`s the fun i hoped for. after golden league you´re happy about just 1v2 situations. People are not afraid to fight outside of keeps and neither are afraid to Play non meta builds, lots of ppl roaming in General and lots of Duells. all the things i expexted. 2h of small laggs during primetime wich will go in 1 or 2 weeks. take it easy. it`s rly nothing compared to golden lagg. met lots of good ppl from augury out there. thx for the fights

(edited by shinta.8906)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

Was fun playing 1 vs 2 whole week .. And you Miller commanders that not been touching Greens at all the whole week yes you know who you are. I hope you get what you deserv ><.
O_O where did the AG blob go :P

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

Was fun playing 1 vs 2 whole week .. And you Miller commanders that not been touching Greens at all the whole week yes you know who you are. I hope you get what you deserv ><.
O_O where did the AG blob go :P

No need for that mate, match is over
They just did whatever they think was best for their server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The only thing that made this week tolerable was that we’d been kittened over by Piken and Vizuna even more in the previous weeks. AG are an awful blob server and Millers are getting there.

Horrible. Just horrible.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Blobs,lags, rock’n’roll.

From INC

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in Match-ups

Posted by: ice ice baby.6083

ice ice baby.6083

Blobs,lags, rock’n’roll.

From INC

thanks for the fights

dF

Pure, Leader Of ;
[dF]Driven by Fury
Far Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

The only thing that made this week tolerable was that we’d been kittened over by Piken and Vizuna even more in the previous weeks. AG are an awful blob server and Millers are getting there.

Horrible. Just horrible.

You couldn’t be further from the truth, but if I had to correct you I’d be giving away AG strategy. All I’ll say therefore is that you and Miller’s deserve you placings this week. You simply got outplayed.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Thanks to all the people I roleplayed or dueled with! Made the lags all the more tolerable.
Shoutouts go to: the (few) MS roamers who dueled me fair and square. VcY quaggalopes (quaggan+jackalope?) for keeping me company at north camp. TUP and co for some quality roleplay and the AG randoms who don’t appreciate roleplay as much as I do :P .
R.I.P. FURY – thanks for the fun.
Last but not least good luck to everyone with next matchup.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

Blob server accusing another blob server of blobbing while the other blob server blobs somewhere else.

Every server blobs at one point or another, It’s not going to stop until Anet implement something to stop blobbing.

Blobs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Tuesday and wednesday raid, enjoy!
Tuesday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkr2FUzfeWU
Wednesday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8n_d0sBmH8

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Busko.7408

Horrible. Just horrible.

You couldn’t be further from the truth, but if I had to correct you I’d be giving away AG strategy. All I’ll say therefore is that you and Miller’s deserve you placings this week. You simply got outplayed.

Lol outplayed…… Not hard when its a fact that there was commanders that only attacked GH and not touching the others. So dont worry we know that Strategy allready :P
Be my guest and keep lying to you self that AG is not a blob.

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

in Match-ups

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

AG hasn’t been THAT blobby this week. Yes we’ve had mass amounts of players on every border, its been taking me like an hour just to get onto any BL map but when I have we haven’t had and real organized zerg’s, its mostly PvE’rs running round the ruins and doing easy achi’s. The few times I’ve ran with our “blob” the commander has been yelling out to the PvE’rs to come join as as we usually had less than 40 people running with us.
MS and GH have both managed to match our blob numbers with equal numbers every time I’ve been on EB this week and have often driven us back as we’ve tried to cap a tower etc. Its been a really close match up in terms of players and skill and style of play, we’ve probably just got a better overall coverage this match up which is something I have not seen on AG since The first few months of launch.

While I have seen our whole zerg jump on strays I have also been caught by guilds/zergs/blobs while solo roaming and had what seems the whole of the opponents server jump on me. No one has done any stupid emotes though from what I’ve seen though so at least there’s some mutual respect going on for a change!

Quite honestly, if the awful lag was fixed and the ques weren’t so bad I would happily face GH and MS all the time, it’s been a great matchup!

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Horrible. Just horrible.

Pretty sure we didn’t outplay GH, they just have less people, we got tons of pve player from nothing that i hope they farmed so hard in the next matchup that somebody will break, keyboard, monitor, disinstall the game, trow the pc out of the windows, i really hope, many many many pve player Rage quit so hard, that they can’t cry anymore.

So that finally guild group can play.
Ag it’s full of awesome guild that run tagless 90% of the time, most the guild don’t add to a fight, and many guilds go in the wrong side of the map just to have challenge and to give challenge to other guilds and not stack up.

Gh it’s very similar to Ag, just don’t have the massive Pve influx that we didn’t want.
Miller also got Mya and few other guilds!

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

KyreneZA.8617

Horrible. Just horrible.

Lol outplayed…… Not hard when its a fact that there was commanders that only attacked GH and not touching the others. So dont worry we know that Strategy allready :P

Well if MS pushes back harder than GH, GH will be targeted more. That’s just good strategy from both MS and AG commanders in the field. Apart from that, perhaps QQ more or have people on for the midnight shifts. You can’t win if you can’t get points per tick.

That aside, I’ll echo the remarks that it’s been a great week though. Lot’s of defence was required, lots of class was shown for the most part.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyldor.9078

Tyldor.9078

Horrible. Just horrible.

Pretty sure we didn’t outplay GH, they just have less people, we got tons of pve player from nothing that i hope they farmed so hard in the next matchup that somebody will break, keyboard, monitor, disinstall the game, trow the pc out of the windows, i really hope, many many many pve player Rage quit so hard, that they can’t cry anymore.

So that finally guild group can play.
Ag it’s full of awesome guild that run tagless 90% of the time, most the guild don’t add to a fight, and many guilds go in the wrong side of the map just to have challenge and to give challenge to other guilds and not stack up.

Gh it’s very similar to Ag, just don’t have the massive Pve influx that we didn’t want.
Miller also got Mya and few other guilds!

@KyreneZA: The massive blobbing, PvDooring and capping atleast 2 bloodlust buffs aren’t superior tactics mate.. We’ve seen it before ( Vizunah, Piken )

@Amelia Knox: Respect for your post. This matchup could’ve been a very nice, interesting matchup filled with loads of guild action. I got to admit we’ve had some good brawls with different guilds, but it could’ve been so much better without the skill lag etc! Can’t wait for the next matchup against you guys!

Grandmaster Tyldor
Leader of Business Class [BC]

(edited by Tyldor.9078)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

You mean we got outmanned by your both superior day and night shift? Yeah, that’s true. Saying that’s having anything to do with strategy or whatever is just wrong.

I’m pretty happy that we’ll do the second place in this matchup.

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

in Match-ups

Posted by: kale.5102

kale.5102

Hey,

Had incredible fights at SM in EB thursday! Very surprising that AG held on SM for so long!
Nice push to AG keep at SM by millers today, surprising that it didn’t flip It was already capping but gw2 gods heared my prayers when casting glyph of renewal on lord.

AG has had better numbers than ever this week and ppl doing night events too, but without our awesome commanders, result could have been different :].

Seafarer’s Rest
Elementalist: Zoddj – Guardian: Untuva Tunkki

in Match-ups

KyreneZA.8617

@KyreneZA: The massive blobbing, PvDooring and capping atleast 2 bloodlust buffs aren’t superior tactics mate.. We’ve seen it before

So MS and GH don’t blob? They don’t PvDoor anything that isn’t already capped? They don’t ever have anyone in their ruins and don’t contest the ones held by AG? Yeah, pull the other one, mate.

While there may be honour in GvG, there is and should be none in WvW. It is war. There is no ethics in war. Just a winner and two (sore) losers.

Recently returned to…

(edited by KyreneZA.8617)

in Match-ups

Locuz.2651

You mean we got outmanned by your both superior day and night shift? Yeah, that’s true. Saying that’s having anything to do with strategy or whatever is just wrong.

I’m pretty happy that we’ll do the second place in this matchup.

Im not sure how the blobs are doing. But apart from at the end of last night i felt outnumbered while roaming. Both GH and Millers seem to either zerg camps or have at least 5-7 people when taking camps. Which isnt a bad thing perse tactics wise, but its far from the outmanned statement you made.

And 99% of the millers will always run when they face equal numbers. Its a pvp mode…. not a running contest.

And yes coverage at night seems good when we have 2 roamers taking out your roamers multiple times, followed by pretty much all camps on 2 borderslands.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in Match-ups

KyreneZA.8617

I want to thank the two GH snowmen and their dog for the belly laugh this morning in your BL. We exchanged emotes a bit and parted on good terms. If we killed each other later when you were out of costume, I’m truly sorry, but that’s war. /respect

Dog? I was a boar!

-Dis

“Pet” then? Was still awesome!

Recently returned to…

in Match-ups

Locuz.2651

MS and GH have both managed to match our blob numbers with equal numbers every time I’ve been on EB this week and have often driven us back as we’ve tried to cap a tower etc. Its been a really close match up in terms of players and skill and style of play, we’ve probably just got a better overall coverage this match up which is something I have not seen on AG since The first few months of launch.

It is in fact the coverage. When we build our lead it was typically due to a huge difference in supply camps + ruins held (combined with commanders paying attention or pushing for SM fast enough).

1 or 2 decent roamers solocapping camps at night makes a huge difference allready aswell. If you dont have guys like that or roamers that will leave wvw after dieing once or twice vs even numbers, the opposing server will build a big lead.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in Match-ups

Busko.7408

Horrible. Just horrible.

Well if MS pushes back harder than GH, GH will be targeted more. That’s just good strategy from both MS and AG commanders in the field. Apart from that, perhaps QQ more or have people on for the midnight shifts. You can’t win if you can’t get points per tick.

That aside, I’ll echo the remarks that it’s been a great week though. Lot’s of defence was required, lots of class was shown for the most part.

Very good point so almost every day at the morning hours we been ahead of Millers in score and at prime time we been avg ticking for more then millers so that means you should have focused on MS as you just said right. But reality was not really the same as your nice words.

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

in Match-ups

Locuz.2651

Very good point so almost every day at the morning hours we been ahead of Millers in score and at prime time we been avg ticking for more then millers so that means you should have focused on MS as you just said right. But reality was not really the same as your nice words.

There is one important reason why you get focussed more than the Millers:

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: m art in.4809

m art in.4809

They just mad from our last match when gunnars won n then they blame guilds for having GvG on their bl xD

FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kuper.2641

Kuper.2641

I would like to say this has been a great and frustrating week of WvW. Matched up against 2 great servers for the first week of Season 1 only to be faced with massive queues all week, when you are on the map the skill lag was insane. Some great fights amidst the frustration which made all the difference. Thanks to all guilds that still marched through to war this week.

I would also like to apologise to any GH and MS that play after 23:00BST. It’s been my first week back on GW after a long break (3 months) and I decided to create a night presence event here on AG. We managed to reach 67 people on TS at one point during the week at 1amBST. I don’t know whether I was naive to think that GH or MS would have so few on the BLs at these times or that I didn’t expect as many AG members to come to the event.

See you next time!

[VII] Seventh Legion
Ex-Guild/Raid Leader/Commander
www.seventhlegion.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xanoris.2379

Xanoris.2379

And you Miller commanders that not been touching Greens at all the whole week yes you know who you are. I hope you get what you deserv

Yes, they got what they deserve: 2nd place and some nice points for the league.

This was a very intense and good matchup, the league has definitely spiced things up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

Greetings to everybody that joined the off peak karma trains, ran from a fair fight and completed their achievements this week!

Have a nice future and pat yourself on the back when you place high in this league and get your awesome doylak finisher!

Toodeloo and off to Vabbi!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

They just mad from our last match when gunnars won n then they blame guilds for having GvG on their bl xD

Dat Intel, WE GOT SPY!!! ahahahaha that was dumb!
Ag lost that because at 5am Gh started to PPT don’t know if because there is something running or just because Ag player completly leave at that moment but yeah.

PPT cry! LOLS

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Pretty good match considering the circumstances. I was hoping for better roaming action, but since this was the start of leagues and the new achievements it was kinda meeeeh.
I’m happy we faced AG in this match though, since this could have been horrible week with some other servers. Just imagine this week, but with AM instead of AG.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

just to set things straight, AG has been blobbing this matchup; blobbing a lot, we don’t usually blob this much, it’s only because we have so many PVE achievement hunters on 24/7. If it wasn’t for all of the PVE people, Millers probably would have won this matchup due to their (normally) superior night squads. So don’t use this week as your image of AG, use weeks where we don’t have an insane amount og people.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

Blobs,lags, rock’n’roll.

From INC

thanks for the fights

dF

Thanks for adding to every fight we had scrubs

in Match-ups

Posted by: ice ice baby.6083

ice ice baby.6083

Blobs,lags, rock’n’roll.

From INC

thanks for the fights

dF

We never interupted your fights, we let you and mya fight at spawn last night.

Look at 24 mins, Fights on our own. Also 20 minutes u were fighting us with RAGE guild so GG.

You kitten cos we wiped you or something? Show a little respect.

Pure, Leader Of ;
[dF]Driven by Fury
Far Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Locuz.2651

just to set things straight, AG has been blobbing this matchup; blobbing a lot, we don’t usually blob this much, it’s only because we have so many PVE achievement hunters on 24/7. If it wasn’t for all of the PVE people, Millers probably would have won this matchup due to their (normally) superior night squads. So don’t use this week as your image of AG, use weeks where we don’t have an insane amount og people.

You might actually have some new pvp/wvw only people that took care off the “night-shifts” for you. That kept roaming and capping camps with some random tower here and there till the early hours.

Feels kind of disrespectfull to dismiss everyone youre not used to seeing late at night as “those pve ach hunters”.

in Match-ups

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

Blobs,lags, rock’n’roll.

From INC

thanks for the fights

dF

We never interupted your fights, we let you and mya fight at spawn last night.

Look at 24 mins, Fights on our own. Also 20 minutes u were fighting us with RAGE guild so GG.

You kitten cos we wiped you or something? Show a little respect.

nah at 20m something they were fighting with FG, RAGE were probably busy blobbing at hills

Roleplayer.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

You might actually have some new pvp/wvw only people that took care off the “night-shifts” for you. That kept roaming and capping camps with some random tower here and there till the early hours.

Feels kind of disrespectfull to dismiss everyone youre not used to seeing late at night as “those pve ach hunters”.

If you actually are new WvW player, I don’t think he means you.
Thing is, there is a lot of PvE achievement hunters that run from all fights and don’t care about fun and good fights. They are in WvW just to get the achievement.

If you roam around and fight for your server, that’s good for you and most WvW players are happy to get new blood.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer