10/18: JQ/SoR/BG (Gold League Round 1)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

I really thought JQ might take 2nd place after the great push yesterday. It was frustrating to see the BG/SOR double team throughout last night, making sure JQ stayed in 3rd place. But it was understandable since it was their best chance at season-end 1st place with the schedules we have before us.

When I wasn’t lagging (which wasn’t very often..), it was a great week. Lots of uphill battles, lots of stalwart defenses, lots of targets, and lots of bags. Regardless of the results, good job JQ on standing so strongly against the BG/SOR 2v1s. I look forward to the coming matchups this season, where BG and SOR are separated.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheButcher.5062

TheButcher.5062

I really thought JQ might take 2nd place after the great push yesterday. It was frustrating to see the BG/SOR double team throughout last night, making sure JQ stayed in 3rd place. But it was understandable since it was their best chance at season-end 1st place with the schedules we have before us.

When I wasn’t lagging (which wasn’t very often..), it was a great week. Lots of uphill battles, lots of stalwart defenses, lots of targets, and lots of bags. Regardless of the results, good job JQ on standing so strongly against the BG/SOR 2v1s. I look forward to the coming matchups this season, where BG and SOR are separated.

I look forward butchering you too

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Congrats BG on the first win of the season

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

I just can’t wait to meet JQ again… for some reason.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBCkq62-gQM

Should be even better considering the achievement kitten

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

… you are not truly seeing our position. …

I disagree. I think that’s exactly what we are seeing.

IIRC the last BG/SoR/JQ matchup before Season 1 began, JQ came first with a 15k PPT lead from SoR who was second. But of course you guys weren’t even trying that hard right?

Not at all. I’m not sure if we’ll beat you or not. I think it will be close. Different mechanics now though. stomps count (a lot).

Stomps actually count less now than they did during that matchup if you had more than one stack bloodlust buff. Before it counted one point per buff stack, now its one regardless of having one or all three.

stomps still represent a very significant amount of points…. If you want to discount them and are on SoR or BG then please do so…

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Bear on the job.6273

I just can’t wait to meet JQ again… for some reason.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBCkq62-gQM

Was that video from months ago? One of your TS people said they got queen gauntlet tickets from the kills…Doesn’t really seem to be relevant for this week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I’m sure those that were on the receiving end of 2v1s the most this week will disagree with me, but I personally think the 2v1s were much more interesting this week, because they actually meant something, rather than being based on trivial things like forum troll retribution, disagreements with map politics or past rivalries. All the 2v1s this week had a purpose, based on the scoreboard, and I thought how things shifted throughout the match was kinda cool to watch play out.

Assuming the match ends where things are now, I think this first week played out the best for all of us, as I believe it may make for a more a more interesting Season 1. Having things decided in the first few weeks of a seven week season isn’t good for anyone.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Bear on the job.6273

IIRC the last BG/SoR/JQ matchup before Season 1 began, JQ came first with a 15k PPT lead from SoR who was second. But of course you guys weren’t even trying that hard right?

Not at all. I’m not sure if we’ll beat you or not. I think it will be close. Different mechanics now though. stomps count (a lot).

Stomps actually count less now than they did during that matchup if you had more than one stack bloodlust buff. Before it counted one point per buff stack, now its one regardless of having one or all three.

stomps still represent a very significant amount of points…. If you want to discount them and are on SoR or BG then please do so…

I agree, I think this is the main reason JQ was able to stay competitive. We focused on having at least 1 BL buff up constantly, and stomping our kills. And we were killing a lot, especially when defending our keeps.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

Was that video from months ago? One of your TS people said they got queen gauntlet tickets from the kills…Doesn’t really seem to be relevant for this week.

Just from the last time we met JQ. As I said, I don’t expect JQ to play any better considering the bloat right now. You might take our keeps, but kitten we’re going to make you look stupid doing it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

BG with the win, honestly didn’t see that one coming. GJ!

in Match-ups

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

This week played out best for BG, so-so for SoR, not good at all for JQ. And week 7 will be a repeat of this week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Great fights this week, despite the queues this match up was one of the best I have experienced.

Remember, 7 weeks is a long time in WvW, server empires can rise and fall in that time so no one can really be sure how the next 6 match ups will play out.

Good luck to all for the next 6.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Bear on the job.6273

I’m sure those that were on the receiving end of 2v1s the most this week will disagree with me, but I personally think the 2v1s were much more interesting this week, because they actually meant something, rather than being based on trivial things like forum troll retribution, disagreements with map politics or past rivalries. All the 2v1s this week had a purpose, based on the scoreboard, and I thought how things shifted throughout the match was kinda cool to watch play out.

Assuming the match ends where things are now, I think this first week played out the best for all of us, as I believe it may make for a more a more interesting Season 1. Having things decided in the first few weeks of a seven week season isn’t good for anyone.

I agree, the 2v1s had a purpose and strategy this week, planning for the coming season schedule. I’m not upset with the 2v1s against JQ at all, because it was the smart thing to do.

JQ got the easy schedule this season because we were the #1 seed going into it. I wish the schedules would have been more balanced though, because as we see, it results in some oppressive 2v1s. Or possibly, don’t reveal the season schedules ahead of time, just let the matchups be a suprise each reset night (like before).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Going for the TrollMaster General Title? I’ll fight you for it

That title requires one to have no existing social life, an endless supply of Coke (cola, drugs are bad), and a vast knowledge of absolutely nothing….I think I’m ready, put me in coach!

hmm, good points, well made, you missed off a pedantic nature to the nth degree but we both know that’s implicit

maybe its time for me to give it up and award it to someone else given your description.

I pass the baton onto you..

It’s a dirty job, but someone’s got to do it. I shall make you regret passing it on.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

in Match-ups

Avster.1935

Here is to hoping all the Achievement Hunting PvE’ers / JP’ers are out of WvW the next time we meet!

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Match-ups

Bear on the job.6273

This week played out best for BG, so-so for SoR, not good at all for JQ. And week 7 will be a repeat of this week.

What week 7? The season schedule only shows 6 weeks of matchups…There won’t be another BG/SOR/JQ this season.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I would really love to see how our new forum warriors fare against maguuma’s.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Avster.1935

What week 7? The season schedule only shows 6 weeks of matchups…There won’t be another BG/SOR/JQ this season.

There are 7 rounds, hence 7 weeks. Check the season schedule again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Great fights this week, despite the queues this match up was one of the best I have experienced.

Remember, 7 weeks is a long time in WvW, server empires can rise and fall in that time so no one can really be sure how the next 6 match ups will play out.

Good luck to all for the next 6.

I will give you a hint. JQ comes in 3rd week 7.

The best you can hope for assuming you win the fights against BG and SoR on their own is 27.

Coming into week 7 both SoR and BG will be sitting at 26. Only question I guess is who takes first/second. And both first/second give enough points to give JQ 3rd overall.

(edited by KeeZee.7312)

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

The strategy in week 7 will all depend on how things play out in weeks 2-6, and where the scores are. The most important variables are how BG performs in our 1v1s vs. SoR and JQ, and the outcome of the SoRvJQ 1v1.

Note: I really don’t like using this 1v1 term, as I think it’s rude and reeks of condescension toward the other 3 servers in the gold league, but I can’t really think of a more appropriate way to describe these matches in a short easy way. So, no offense meant to those players on TC, SoS and Mag.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

The tears in this thread made it all worth it in the end.

+1
And seeing so many new faces spouting old lines… Precious <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I can only presume the amount of 2v1 tears in this thread are a reflection of the influx of players JQ has had lately. Nobody who has played in T1 for any length of time would see this as nothing other than same skritt different day. For that matter it wasn’t even that big a deal compared to some of the skritt 2v1s where two servers have all out double teamed one server for an entire week. Like this weeks double team was only for like one timezone and then the next timezone completely changed. There were timezones where JQ and SOR were double teaming BG and others where BG and JQ were double teaming SOR. This has nothing on the demoralizing effects that the few week long double teams have had in T1.

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

My guess is he was looking at the excel spreadsheet image that Devon attached to his post, which only shows weeks 1-6.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

These are all the possible outcomes before the start of week 7, assuming no comebacks are made in the next ~7 hours. Please do state any mistake.

Also, thanks to BG and JQ for the show and the bags this week!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

JQ: Talk big, cry hard.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackAngel.1349

BlackAngel.1349

I agree, I think this is the main reason JQ was able to stay competitive. We focused on having at least 1 BL buff up constantly, and stomping our kills. And we were killing a lot, especially when defending our keeps.

I’m on JQ, and I’m not saying they don’t represent a good amount of points, but if you look at the post I quoted you’ll see this “Different mechanics now though. stomps count (a lot).” which implies that stomps count more than they did during that week, which is wrong.

Glaedr Darksbane

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

To those SoR saying we will beat BG in the upcoming weeks, I’d be careful about that. There will be another server present, and even though they won’t be a threat to either of us alone, they could potentially play the kingmaker each match-up.

As for JQ, prior to the late in the week double team vs. them, it was mostly posts about good fights, and other basically non-confrontational posts. Now, it’s filled with a lot more vitriol.

People need to chill out.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

To those SoR saying we will beat BG in the upcoming weeks, I’d be careful about that. There will be another server present, and even though they won’t be a threat to either of us alone, they could potentially play the kingmaker each match-up.

As for JQ, prior to the late in the week double team vs. them, it was mostly posts about good fights, and other basically non-confrontational posts. Now, it’s filled with a lot more vitriol.

The only 3rd-ring server that would have a chance at playing a pivotal role would be TC. The other servers will get destroyed.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Like to thank everyone for the great fights this week. Despite the skill lag and 3hr que’s NS managed to get a night of WvW in. Highlights here:

Shout outs to [OnS] and [DIE] great fun.

It was fun fighting up against you guys last night in BGBL. Unfortunately the ques during NA have been terrible this week and its been hard to get solid guild groups together. Was glad to run into you guys (I was following OnS) and wanted to say thanks for the fights.

Had fun on the ruins trying to grab bloodlust. Ran into a very solid SoR three man squad capping nodes last night. Forget the guild tag but had some great fights.

Hope the ques ease up for all three servers for round 2.

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Good fights this week every server did overtime and worked their ktiten off and the fights were amazing for keeps. Everyone farmed their fair share of the other so can we kittening move on and stop crying 2v1 this 2v1 that. It happened it was tons of bags and some people handled the situation better than others including myself.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beyonce.3207

Beyonce.3207

I don’t normally post, but in the past 7 days I’ve seen some incredibly dirty things being played that ruins the whole spirit of who is a “better server”.

In the week prior to this so-called Season 1, JQ beat BG by a definite margin, to the point of embarrassment.

This week, I saw daily 2v1 fights against our server. Double our numbers in a 24/hr clogged-up situation where our real fighting guilds could not get in or change locations because of the achievement process that Anet decided to introduce for this Season.

We fought with mostly PVE militia eager to get their achievement points.

Once you open the floodgates of PVE into the realm of PVP, you break the true PVP champions of each server from doing what they do best.

I know Anet is trying to please everyone. Sure, I got my Veteran of the Mist title and my key in the first week endlessly focusing not on my server objectives but my own. And I’ve been playing WvW since day one of GW2 launch.

Something is really screwed with this ‘Season’ concept. I pity those true PVP folks like ATM and GE and MERC who give their life for this game with brilliant fighting coordinate for server glory, only to be cut at their knees by the flood of PVE newbies clogging up their vital resource lines.

BG and SOR, u may have won this round. But you deserve zero respect for what you did to us. Phui.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

The only 3rd-ring server that would have a chance at playing a pivotal role would be TC. The other servers will get destroyed.

You never know. I’m betting a lot of pve achievers will be out in force, and while not particularly dangerous, they can still mess things up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I don’t normally post, but in the past 7 days I’ve seen some incredibly dirty things being played that ruins the whole spirit of who is a “better server”.

In the week prior to this so-called Season 1, JQ beat BG by a definite margin, to the point of embarrassment.

This week, I saw daily 2v1 fights against our server. Double our numbers in a 24/hr clogged-up situation where our real fighting guilds could not get in or change locations because of the achievement process that Anet decided to introduce for this Season.

Once you open the floodgates of PVE into the realm of PVP, you break the true PVP champions of each server from doing what they do best.

I know Anet is trying to please everyone. Sure, I got my Veteran of the Mist title and my key in the first week endlessly focusing not on my server objectives but my own. And I’ve been playing WvW since day one of GW2 launch.

Something is really screwed with this ‘Season’ concept. I pity those true PVP folks like ATM and GE and MERC who give their life for this game with brilliant fighting coordinate for server glory, only to be cut at their knees by the flood of PVE newbies clogging up their vital resource lines.

BG and SOR, u may have won this round. But you deserve zero respect for what you did to us. Phui.

Omg quit crying already. SOR and BG have had to deal with 2v1s against both r servers for 10+ months, while JQ was able to use BG and SOR’s rivalry to there benefit. For the first time in over a year, both BG and SOR actually put the rivalry aside for the greater good of the league, and focused a little more on JQ.

So im srry JQ you had to deal with a 2v1 for once, instead of watching BG and SOR beat each others heads in.God its like we took your favorite toy away from you guys.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

You see when anyone posts anything like this it just looks…..well, silly frankly. We as individuals may not agree or participate in this stuff but it happens – on every server. I stood in Bay this afternoon watching a BG thief and mesmer hacker taking seige out from under the ground. All servers have had 2v1’s this week. I don’t like it and don’t join in but calling the “why us” card just doesn’t wash.

in Match-ups

Bear on the job.6273

My guess is he was looking at the excel spreadsheet image that Devon attached to his post, which only shows weeks 1-6.

You are correct sir. I didn’t read through that unformatted mess, just looked at the images attached to the post. See you all in 6 weeks then!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lawrencii.1356

Lawrencii.1356

Wait… what?

¬ I A Euphy ¬ SoS ¬

in Match-ups

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

When it comes to week 7 I wonder if it will be dejavu all over again. You guys must have fun (?) 2v1ing servers. Shows how much skill the servers have.

in Match-ups

Beyonce.3207

“You see when anyone posts anything like this it just looks…..well, silly frankly. We as individuals may not agree or participate in this stuff but it happens – on every server. I stood in Bay this afternoon watching a BG thief and mesmer hacker taking seige out from under the ground. All servers have had 2v1’s this week. I don’t like it and don’t join in but calling the “why us” card just doesn’t wash.”

As I said, I don’t normally post. I’ve seen 2-timing happen since day one, and this is a lot too consistent. We have the best fighting guilds that take out huge zergs from BG and SOR on open field with far less people. Think what you like.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

When it comes to week 7 I wonder if it will be dejavu all over again. You guys must have fun (?) 2v1ing servers. Shows how much skill the servers have.

SoR got 2v1 hardcore from monday to about wednesday. Hence how they lost the weekend lead.

Sadly, I don’t think there is a way to prevent ganging up on one side.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

“You see when anyone posts anything like this it just looks…..well, silly frankly. We as individuals may not agree or participate in this stuff but it happens – on every server. I stood in Bay this afternoon watching a BG thief and mesmer hacker taking seige out from under the ground. All servers have had 2v1’s this week. I don’t like it and don’t join in but calling the “why us” card just doesn’t wash.”

As I said, I don’t normally post. I’ve seen 2-timing happen since day one, and this is a lot too consistent. We have the best fighting guilds that take out huge zergs from BG and SOR on open field with far less people. Think what you like.

You are delusional. Every server dealt with the same issues.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Personally I hope it works out so when we go into week 7 all 3 of us have close to the same score. That way week 7 can be a true all out war for who gets first. I would love to win but having it decided before week 7 would be kitten.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Two servers 2v1 another server when it suits their best interests. On day 1 of the match, both BG and SoR saw that it was in both of their best interests that JQ took 3rd in this match due to the schedule, so a 2v1 on JQ took place. Around mid-week, JQ realized that they likely weren’t going to win, and that it was in their best interest that SoR didn’t win, so a 2v1 on took place on SoR. The next day, JQ clawed back to within spitting distance of 2nd, while BG had about a 4k lead. The focus then shifted back to the importance of JQ taking 3rd in this match, and the 2v1 moved back to them. All of this happened while BG was acting in it’s own best interest, which was winning this match.

Technically, while there were still some periods of 2v1 on BG, they weren’t as directed and prolonged. You may ask why that is, particularly when BG was in the lead or tied for it for much of the match. The answer lies in who both JQ and SoR feels is the biggest threat to their chances for the entirety of season 1, which is not BG. This position could come back to haunt them, but maybe it was a spot on assessment. We shall see.

There’s a lot of hurt feelings going on in this thread, but I think you’re not appreciating the chess match that took place underneath it all.

[KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Liquid.9672)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Strange to see anyone saying that SoR and BG doubled up on JQ. BG and JQ we clearly tag-teaming on Hills in JQBL all day yesterday. We all saw it. Been happening on all maps all week. Great effort and work tho. Good fights this week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Poor JQ forum trolls, they have never ever done a 2 v 1 against another server and they dont deserve what happened this week. My heart goes out to you innocent guys caught up in the meta

in Match-ups

Bear on the job.6273

It will probably be the same situation then, because JQ will be in first place overall then. JQ has 3 easy weeks of tier 2 servers, then 2 weeks against BG and SOR separately. Since JQ held up so well against the BG/SOR 2v1 this week, they will surely beat BG and SOR by themselves.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

This week’s been a blast (minus the queues) thanks JQ and SoR!

[TW] Pumped

in Match-ups

Posted by: Korbaal.6402

Korbaal.6402

Don’t let them see you cry old boy!

[RIP STAR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

I am sure that the Detroit Tigers made themselves feel better too by telling themselves their record against Boston was 4-3 prior to the AL Championship and that is what really matters.

Please keep posts like this coming. No matter what else happens during the rest of the season it will not be able to top the entertainment value of this thread.

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

in Match-ups

Beyonce.3207

You are delusional. Every server dealt with the same issues.

Ok, so we all know.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheButcher.5062

TheButcher.5062

Two servers 2v1 another server when it suits their best interests. On day 1 of the match, both BG and SoR saw that it was in both of their best interests that JQ took 3rd in this match due to the schedule, so a 2v1 on JQ took place. Around mid-week, JQ realized that they likely weren’t going to win, and that it was in their best interest that SoR didn’t win, so a 2v1 on took place on SoR. The next day, JQ clawed back to within spitting distance of 2nd, while BG had about a 4k lead. The focus then shifted back to the importance of JQ taking 3rd in this match, and the 2v1 moved back to them.

Technically, while there were still some periods of 2v1 on BG, they weren’t as directed and prolonged. You may ask why that is, particularly when BG was in the lead or tied for it for much of the match. The answer lies in who both JQ and SoR feels is the biggest threat to their chances for the entirety of season 1, which is not BG. This position could come back to haunt them, but maybe it was a spot on assessment. We shall see.

There’s a lot of hurt feelings going on in this thread, but I think you’re not appreciating the chess match that took place underneath it all.

I have seen a lot of BG/JQ vs SOR, and BG/SOR vs JQ, but I have not seen much of JQ/SOR vs BG. Seems to me this is very well played by BG, and by taking a very huge lead since Wednesday, both JQ and SOR is unable to recover competitively. All the forum politics seem to have fallen right into your favor. There’s only 1 winner here clearly and its not us or JQ. You are right, this position will definitely haunt us, and we’ll be sure not to make the same mistake for the next 3 rounds. Its all fair-and-square, lets see who’ll be on the kittening end after week 4.