10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

PPT aside, and I can only speak for Oceanic/SEA time but WTF is up with BG just running away from fights?

Aside from us forcing the fight on you guys (in the keeps) every open field fight is pretty much you taking off in a different direction. The few that we do get it’s pretty much due to you having a wall or something to stand behind. I would’ve said you were waiting on superior numbers to attack, but even that’s not the case.

If your new tactic is to bore the few SoR players that we can muster up in Oceanic time to leave the map so you can PvD, it’s working pretty well.

Heard a story from different times before that they use the fact we want fights against us and deprive them from us in turn trying to frustrate us etc

in Match-ups

Posted by: insy.7083

insy.7083

We are pleased to join BG and look forward to interesting fights.

Insaneman – ZDs

(edited by insy.7083)

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

o snap, point difference down to 4k now? :OO

i want to plaaaaaaaay.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

#beastgating yo gates

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Lol… How can you play in that time zone and be that oblivious?

I have very limited play time on weekdays to play so some of these things takes me a while before I notice, normally I just assume BG is being hit elsewhere and that’s why they are moving.

I’ve only notice this pattern on the weekdays when SoR has to make decisions on where to put their small force. I mean if this is what they have to do to win the season then good on them I guess, but at this point I think I rather fight JQ.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

I have very limited play time on weekdays to play so some of these things takes me a while before I notice, normally I just assume BG is being hit elsewhere and that’s why they are moving.

I’ve only notice this pattern on the weekdays when SoR has to make decisions on where to put their small force. I mean if this is what they have to do to win the season then good on them I guess, but at this point I think I rather fight JQ.

I find this statement Ironic, “I don’t play much” “SoR has a small SEA force” right…

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blade.3456

Blade.3456

You guys have just been picking the wrong maps perhaps? Haven’t seen XPK at all for… the last 2 weeks? (since that long-kitten bay engagement all that time ago) Maybe the odd 1-2 roamers?
You guys know we like to fight you, I’ll keep looking for you out there.

Vortex Blade – WvW Commander
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
[FirstLight] – BLACK DESERT ONLINE – EDAN http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

PPT aside, and I can only speak for Oceanic/SEA time but WTF is up with BG just running away from fights?

Aside from us forcing the fight on you guys (in the keeps) every open field fight is pretty much you taking off in a different direction. The few that we do get it’s pretty much due to you having a wall or something to stand behind. I would’ve said you were waiting on superior numbers to attack, but even that’s not the case.

If your new tactic is to bore the few SoR players that we can muster up in Oceanic time to leave the map so you can PvD, it’s working pretty well.

If you want to see what happened in OCX/SEA open field on reset with BG – obviously only on one map – then settle back and have a gander at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YkQGQPThIc

I also commanded SoRBL last night for a shortish period during OCX last night. I had about 5-8 KnT and 10-15 militia at various times, and we were deliberately trying to hold the 35-45 SoR force on the map so BG could cap elsewhere. This was part of the cross-map effort to make up for the PPT monstering we received on the weekend.

This did involve teasing the SoR zerg (at North SC, NW tower,. around NW ruins and outside Bay) and then WPing or withdrawing – while BG capped upgraded stuff on other BLs.

So it wasn’t so much a tactic to ’bore" SoR players into leaving the map, it was a strategy to hold SoR players unproductively on a map with the tantalising promise of easy wipes.

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

If you want to see what happened in OCX/SEA open field on reset with BG – obviously only on one map – then settle back and have a gander at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YkQGQPThIc

I also commanded SoRBL last night for a shortish period during OCX last night. I had about 5-8 KnT and 10-15 militia at various times, and we were deliberately trying to hold the 35-45 SoR force on the map so BG could cap elsewhere. This was part of the cross-map effort to make up for the PPT monstering we received on the weekend.

This did involve teasing the SoR zerg (at North SC, NW tower,. around NW ruins and outside Bay) and then WPing or withdrawing – while BG capped upgraded stuff on other BLs.

So it wasn’t so much a tactic to ’bore" SoR players into leaving the map, it was a strategy to hold SoR players unproductively on a map with the tantalising promise of easy wipes.

what is strategy?

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

what is strategy?

“What is strategy?” – Magikarps 2013

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

what is strategy?

Something something here for the fights something something.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

what is strategy?

“Something something here for the fights something something.” – Neuromancer on MERC’s forum policy.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

(edited by magikfox.9658)

in Match-ups

Keiel.7489

I find this statement Ironic, “I don’t play much” “SoR has a small SEA force” right…

You’ve misquoted me to make a statement of some sort? I’m just stating my observations when I do get on to play.

You guys have just been picking the wrong maps perhaps? Haven’t seen XPK at all for… the last 2 weeks? (since that long-kitten bay engagement all that time ago) Maybe the odd 1-2 roamers?
You guys know we like to fight you, I’ll keep looking for you out there.

Good portion of XPK is taking a break, they might still get on now and then to play but probably nothing solid for a week or 4 before we get rolling again. Generally I jump around on the maps, it’s usually the same everywhere.

Weekends we do field quite a bit, but those are mostly Augments from our NA players. You can take what I said wit hmuch scrutiny if you like but that’s a fact. As for SoR last night, I was there. Maybe not during the time you held off 35-45 SoR with your numbers, but BG always had more if not even numbers. By the time I was able to log in BG had already taken all 3 keeps in their BLs and we pretty much just maintained what we can in SoR BL and even augmenting EB and TC BLs whenever the situation arises.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

what is strategy?

“Some something here for the fights something something.” – Neuromancer on MERC’s forum policy.

Mm. You must be the clever one.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

By the time I was able to log in BG had already taken all 3 keeps in their BLs and we pretty much just maintained what we can in SoR BL and even augmenting EB and TC BLs whenever the situation arises.

Yep … I have a great deal of respect for the players from any server who WvW and morituri te salutant when out-numbered and/or out-guilded.

Eg. I’ve seen FRAG do an Alamo several times when they had no hope of holding.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

SoRBL Bay fite.

dat was fun.

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Hats off to CERN and the PuGs with them, magnificent defense of bay in BGBL while outnumbered! I try not to walk into 20 AC AoE, but I can’t speak for the rest of the zerg haha, but seriously gj.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

Keiel.7489

Looking at the map makes me sad :’(

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Looking at the map makes me sad :’(

At least you have your garrison. After putting in about half a days worth of effort defending all it took was GoF and EK putting in more overtime than us to get it.

Just dont forget how many times we watched you run from us. It was an entires night worth of constant wiping and wasted super siege for you guys… so at least we made you pay for it.

Edit: I’ll at least give credit to EK where its due. You guys never ran from a fight, and even dove into the zerg. Being brutally honest you guys were harder to fight with your 15~20ish people than the 30-50 GoF.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Dis SoR lose some ocean/sea folk? Or have we been lacking there for some time? Trying to understand what’s going on, since I’m unable to log in for a bit.

I logged into WvW yesterday and asked the very same thing. It was a few IRON running with some NA, and that was it. I never got a reply so…………………………………………
and no one in IRON knows where they are either.

(edited by Starscream.7803)

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I hope they went to JQ.

in Match-ups

Keiel.7489

Since I’ve been back oceanic in SoR has never had that many. But usually BG didn’t outnumber us by this much. I’m not keen on guild movements between servers but oceanic numbers are pretty abysmal in comparison. Recently NA players have to stay up extra late to help or hold out till SEA/early NA time.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hi Starscream,

The SEA guys are still there. The main guilds are still running solid. We have enough forces to hold 2.5-3 maps.

Oceanic has been SOR’s weak spot historically (look at PPT). There are only a few commanders who play at the time zone and one of the key ones left the game 3-4 months ago. So some of the insomniac NA commanders have popped in once in a while.

FW

Dis SoR lose some ocean/sea folk? Or have we been lacking there for some time? Trying to understand what’s going on, since I’m unable to log in for a bit.

I logged into WvW yesterday and asked the very same thing. It was a few IRON running with some NA, and that was it. I never got a reply so…………………………………………
and no one in IRON knows where they are either.

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

I think you’ll also find, BG’s “Oceanic” is currently supplemented as well I know NOC which usually runs PvX 2-3 nights a week has been out almost every night, this in combination with KnT, ICoa et al running well into Oceanic.

#Swaggate #Beastgate #ICocaine #Nocturnal(literally)

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

How’s your match up going? Scores look interesting and well setup for the good set of fights for the rest of the week.

G’day Kreen

The weekend was a rough start for Blackgate, Sanctum of Rall were dominating us, meanwhile Tarnished Coast held their own on the first day, making it extra tough for Blackgate.

Sunday night SEA time, SoR had the momentum and were ticking over 400 PPT with a 17k lead, they had large armies on all 4 borderlands and Blackgate could not even take back it’s own Garrison nor hold a tower on BG BL. 24 Hours later I log on and it’s a completely different story, Blackgate holding 300+ PPT ever since NA primetime.

Sanctum of Rall haven’t been able to stop the momentum since, which has allowed Blackgate to close the gap. But you and I both know that Sanctum of Rall never give up, and next call to arms they might be able to reverse the momentum back into their favour.

Interesting times ahead

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Since I’ve been back oceanic in SoR has never had that many. But usually BG didn’t outnumber us by this much. I’m not keen on guild movements between servers but oceanic numbers are pretty abysmal in comparison. Recently NA players have to stay up extra late to help or hold out till SEA/early NA time.

What you are seeing right now is mostly BG’s NA doing overtime. I think one major difference is that some of our main NA guilds are PST based like ICoa and KnT while most SoR NA guilds are EST based. So it is easier for our NA force to pull over time into oceanic to help our Oceanic guilds:)

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

I am predicting a case of 2v1ing BG (so that BG gets 3rd) in week 7 in order to upset the BG ranking.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

I am predicting a case of 2v1ing BG (so that BG gets 3rd) in week 7 in order to upset the BG ranking.

The ego bruising and qq flood of 2v1ing SoR will be to good for any self respecting JQ and BG to pass up however.

xoxo

[SG]

p.s. BG has Russians?! Sweeeeeet! “In Soviet BG, bags farm you.”

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

^ Mance

:D

Also: So much for BG not being able to take SoR 1v1! hope JQ comes back refreshed from their 3 week vacation.

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

You do understand the reason TC gets hit with a 2v1 is because they are unwilling to partake in one them selves.

lol that was too funny
too funny

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

How’s your match up going? Scores look interesting and well setup for the good set of fights for the rest of the week.

G’day Kreen

The weekend was a rough start for Blackgate, Sanctum of Rall were dominating us, meanwhile Tarnished Coast held their own on the first day, making it extra tough for Blackgate.

Sunday night SEA time, SoR had the momentum and were ticking over 400 PPT with a 17k lead, they had large armies on all 4 borderlands and Blackgate could not even take back it’s own Garrison nor hold a tower on BG BL. 24 Hours later I log on and it’s a completely different story, Blackgate holding 300+ PPT ever since NA primetime.

Sanctum of Rall haven’t been able to stop the momentum since, which has allowed Blackgate to close the gap. But you and I both know that Sanctum of Rall never give up, and next call to arms they might be able to reverse the momentum back into their favour.

Interesting times ahead

Thanks for the summary. Sounds like good times in your match up. Whereas I tried to get folks together to stop Mag turning our map red and the bunch of pirates on that map last night just wanted to let them flip it all. Queue popped for SoS BL after we tried and failed to hold Bay with the few of us so I said kitten it and took the queue. Ended up in a karma train and felt dirty. At least the chat in TS was fun

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

^ Mance

:D

Also: So much for BG not being able to take SoR 1v1! hope JQ comes back refreshed from their 3 week vacation.

Well, how did we know ZD was going to help out?

So do I. these 3 weeks are really going to drag

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

ZD didn’t make this come back, this was NA + OC/SEA holding on.

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

The question now is can BG keep pushing itself this hard the rest of this week and for the next two? BG has burnt out before from the overtime and all calls.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

ZD didn’t make this come back, this was NA + OC/SEA holding on.

ZDs will have a massive impact on the OC/SEA time zone. That was one of the things that hurt playing against them in the EU. They would log on around 4am UK time and spend the whole day stamping on the faces of their oppenents. I swear I can still see the boot marks now when i look in the mirror, some things dont wash off.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

Oh cmon, we are just a small casual Russian guild raiding few hours during our primetime, we will hardly impact anything. The current score is purely the result of BG players dedication to win the week. At best our small group will be able to flip a couple of camps – at best a tower.

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in Match-ups

Demannu.2805

Sometimes we use to farm Warg and Harpy

Attachments:

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

Sometimes we use to farm Warg and Harpy

Warg? That’s new!

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

The ego bruising and qq flood of 2v1ing SoR will be to good for any self respecting JQ and BG to pass up however.

xoxo

[SG]

p.s. BG has Russians?! Sweeeeeet! “In Soviet BG, bags farm you.”

In Soviet BG, siege deploys you.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Demannu.2805

Gotta go now chaps!

Attachments:

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

hey where are the guys who posts animated gifs! this thread needs more of those! looks like you guys are slacking off.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Cirus.5748

Had to laugh at this

Thank God for Napolean conquering Europe and enforcing the metric system in his path.

It wasn’t until the 70’s and that Australia wokeup and transitioned to the metric system. Some of the old folks still complain about how much more logical feet are, but just about everyone else now has an understanding of linear mathematical measurement.

It’s never too late to switch!

(edited by Cirus.5748)

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

It’s never too late to switch!

Aren’t there only like… two countries left that use Imperial? At this point they’re just doing it be stubborn.

I laugh hard, really hard, though whenever I hear someone use it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Had to laugh at this

Was hoping karps would reply to it but he never did.

No love between BG trolls it seems.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

BG walking Dollys now because they over stacked naawww enjoy getting that title

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Demannu.2805

Welcome to America

Attachments:

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

3 days ago, we were not fighting enough. Now we are over-stacked and over-timing. God kitten it, make up your mind, SOR.

P.S. To the people surprised about BG covering up the gap, i have noticed that BG always takes the weekend off or lightly. It’s a good strategy though, taking a couple of days off every week.

BG LA Best LA !!!

(edited by DKNS.2135)

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

3 days ago, we were not fighting enough. Now we are over-stacked and over-timing. God kitten it, make up your mind, SOR.

Nuh-uh, you make your mind up firstest!

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Cirus.5748

Welcome to America

Are you communists going to bring healthcare and the metric system with you?

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Welcome to America

Are you communists going to bring healthcare and the metric system with you?

While they are at it, they can show dem ’muricans what Football really is as well.

BG LA Best LA !!!