10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

If only we were red this week, the commie stuff would be on full throttle.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

3 days ago, we were not fighting enough. Now we are over-stacked and over-timing. God kitten it, make up your mind, SOR.

P.S. To the people surprised about BG covering up the gap, i have noticed that BG always takes the weekend off or lightly. It’s a good strategy though, taking a couple of days off every week.

Well yeah.

CONSIDER:
during the weekend, reset nights, ETC all that good kitten.
The time when every server has 4queue’d around the clock.
SoR pulls ahead.
So when every server is exactly equal in terms of players on the field. SoR is winning. Thus BG was “not fighting hard enough”.

Now, during the weekday, when SoR runs outmanned in 2+ BL’s for 8 hours, BG holds high PPT ticks. During the times SoR does 4queue the maps, there is still a large BG force on the map, who now has a large base to work with to defend. In essence, we can now clearly see that BG has more players, and/or more players willing to put in the overtime.

Here’s a quick snapshot of how the maps are for SoR right now

6:46am EST
EB: No queue, no commander (though there is one on teamspeak who is there, just not pinned up)
6:47am EST
SoR: Queue, Commander on map: Rai (This is actually non-normal. Rai was taking a break last night at this time IIRC. And there was no queue last night. Im glad to see more people putting in work during this time period) group he’s running with: 35 people if teamspeak is an indication.
6:48am EST
TCbl: No queue (outmanned) Commander on map: none
6:49am EST
BGbl No queue (outmanned) Commander on map: none

Bounce group: 50 people (more than we had last night)
The bounce group, “bounces” between where they are needed. Which is to say that they are currently moving between EB, BG, and TC.
Given that we become outmanned on any location they arent, we can assume that at least 1 server has a reasonable sized zerg 30+ on every map.

This sort of population numbers in WvW has most likely been there for the past 4-6 hours (admittedly I wasnt there)
And usually persists until about 8am my time, in which SAHP gets going. And then about 10am we’re back to queuing multiple maps with commanders on all of them.

Simply put, BG has more people during these times. Either through a larger population, or higher dedication, cant really be said. But as the commanders in the bounce group are fond of saying: “Look, if BG wins because they beat us at this time, then it’s because they wanted this win more, if they’re willing to put in the overtime when we’re not, then that’s our fault. We’re gonna do our best, try our hardest, and if we lose, then we obviously SoR didnt want it as hard as BG did.”

Quite frankly, as someone who plays primarily during this time. If SoR wants to pull the win, we either need more late NA/early oceanic players. Or those which we already have need to be pulling the required overtime. That or, absolutely poop on kids during the first weekend, and pray that we can keep their ppt low enough during the nights that they dont close the gap over the 7 day week. Whatever they decide I guess.
As for me, ill be enjoying t1 at its finest, no queue’s, and not 1, not 2, but 3 maps to find fights on. We bounce from fight to fight to fight, knowing that any fight we lose means a keep gets lost, it’s intense, it’s not that laggy, and above all else, it’s fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

And when I thought SoR was going to win due to the fact they had 10k lead and were absolutely ruining our BL, then I log in today and BOOOM 440 PPT for BG. Guise wot is gewing awn like srsly TC zergs melt or run and SoR has blob zergs that just farm our players instead of take objectives i.e. in our garri the other night BG v [IRON] + [Choo] blob and they were eating our players yet they didn’t take garri, oh no just sort of ran in circles on some sort of forward momentum that finally stopped when they got bored.

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Welcome to America

Are you communists going to bring VOKDA and MORE VODKA with you?

I hope so!

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

3 days ago, we were not fighting enough. Now we are over-stacked and over-timing. God kitten it, make up your mind, SOR.

P.S. To the people surprised about BG covering up the gap, i have noticed that BG always takes the weekend off or lightly. It’s a good strategy though, taking a couple of days off every week.

Well yeah.

CONSIDER:
during the weekend, reset nights, ETC all that good kitten.
The time when every server has 4queue’d around the clock.
SoR pulls ahead.
So when every server is exactly equal in terms of players on the field. SoR is winning. Thus BG was “not fighting hard enough”.

Now, during the weekday, when SoR runs outmanned in 2+ BL’s for 8 hours, BG holds high PPT ticks. During the times SoR does 4queue the maps, there is still a large BG force on the map, who now has a large base to work with to defend. In essence, we can now clearly see that BG has more players, and/or more players willing to put in the overtime.

Here’s a quick snapshot of how the maps are for SoR right now

6:46am EST
EB: No queue, no commander (though there is one on teamspeak who is there, just not pinned up)
6:47am EST
SoR: Queue, Commander on map: Rai (This is actually non-normal. Rai was taking a break last night at this time IIRC. And there was no queue last night. Im glad to see more people putting in work during this time period) group he’s running with: 35 people if teamspeak is an indication.
6:48am EST
TCbl: No queue (outmanned) Commander on map: none
6:49am EST
BGbl No queue (outmanned) Commander on map: none

Bounce group: 50 people (more than we had last night)
The bounce group, “bounces” between where they are needed. Which is to say that they are currently moving between EB, BG, and TC.
Given that we become outmanned on any location they arent, we can assume that at least 1 server has a reasonable sized zerg 30+ on every map.

This sort of population numbers in WvW has most likely been there for the past 4-6 hours (admittedly I wasnt there)
And usually persists until about 8am my time, in which SAHP gets going. And then about 10am we’re back to queuing multiple maps with commanders on all of them.

Simply put, BG has more people during these times. Either through a larger population, or higher dedication, cant really be said. But as the commanders in the bounce group are fond of saying: “Look, if BG wins because they beat us at this time, then it’s because they wanted this win more, if they’re willing to put in the overtime when we’re not, then that’s our fault. We’re gonna do our best, try our hardest, and if we lose, then we obviously SoR didnt want it as hard as BG did.”

Quite frankly, as someone who plays primarily during this time. If SoR wants to pull the win, we either need more late NA/early oceanic players. Or those which we already have need to be pulling the required overtime. That or, absolutely poop on kids during the first weekend, and pray that we can keep their ppt low enough during the nights that they dont close the gap over the 7 day week. Whatever they decide I guess.
As for me, ill be enjoying t1 at its finest, no queue’s, and not 1, not 2, but 3 maps to find fights on. We bounce from fight to fight to fight, knowing that any fight we lose means a keep gets lost, it’s intense, it’s not that laggy, and above all else, it’s fun.

I just said in my post that you quoted that BG have always taken it easy during weekends (which co-incidentally include reset nights). Look at BG’s previous history and you will find the same pattern. Of course there is a decent population who will be playing at reset who keep us in the race. But most of the weeks, BG’s real pace doesn’t kick in until the weekdays. Even our first gold medal was us coming from much behind.

And your sentiment is very correct. If someone is working hard towards it, then undermining it is just bad sportsmanship. Wish more people would think like it. But then again, the forums would be too boring then, wouldn’t they?

BG LA Best LA !!!

(edited by DKNS.2135)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Botinhas.2018

Botinhas.2018

And when I thought SoR was going to win due to the fact they had 10k lead and were absolutely ruining our BL, then I log in today and BOOOM 440 PPT for BG. Guise wot is gewing awn like srsly TC zergs melt or run and SoR has blob zergs that just farm our players instead of take objectives i.e. in our garri the other night BG v [IRON] + [Choo] blob and they were eating our players yet they didn’t take garri, oh no just sort of ran in circles on some sort of forward momentum that finally stopped when they got bored.

So 20 man is a blob? Grow up, everything is a blob now, you see 15 guys, blob, 5 guys ganking 1, blob.
There was 35 IRON inside your garri waiting for you to come out and fight, and you still had to use 3 omegas + sup ac’s and the entire map zerg and yet you never fought… And btw, when choo arrived, IRON was running with 15. BLOB!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

I’m confused now…isn’t Red Guard communist guild?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Anyone from T2 in the summer knows what a tool he is. Him and mayoken on DB were pushing guilds to join them harder than I’ve ever seen any T1 server. To the point that mayoken insulted RE for joining TC… and then months down the line joined TC and was a member of RE. Bandwaggons be foolish son.

You should’ve been there for the drama of why Mayo left CO and went to RE. Now Mayo is in PLX, kitten . Its like Noodles driving a water truck and Mayo running into him with a vinegar truck: boom! PLX.

WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

is this a serious post?
i’m not sure if this is a serious post
(also that run-on sentence man. MAAAN)

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

is this a serious post?
i’m not sure if this is a serious post
(also that run-on sentence man. MAAAN)

It’s obviously not. I like how Botinhas took the bait

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

That would be that playing for fights thing we go on about. Even though your post was sarcastic you at least get what we was trying to do, being in your garrison was the only way to get a decent fight going.

Alot of your server mates like to use the SoR playing for fights thing as a reason to chest thump when you win, but its nice to see some people get it.

(edited by Starscream.7803)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

And this is the 666th post in the thread

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

And this is the 666th post in the thread

You are the devil! I knew it!

in Match-ups

HeNnAz.8913

So 20 man is a blob? Grow up, everything is a blob now, you see 15 guys, blob, 5 guys ganking 1, blob.
There was 35 IRON inside your garri waiting for you to come out and fight, and you still had to use 3 omegas + sup ac’s and the entire map zerg and yet you never fought… And btw, when choo arrived, IRON was running with 15. BLOB!!!

No need to be hostile, we’re talking about totally different situations, or you’re forgetting the fact of pugs. Sure there was only 35 [IRON] but there was atleast 10 [Choo] and atleast another 20 in pugs. Plus we didn’t have any siege set up… awks all we had was constant respawn and people hiding to keep the circle up, adding to the fact that SoR went up and put superiors up on the third floor…

It’s ya boy fred.

in Match-ups

HeNnAz.8913

I understand that in my previous post I looked like an kitten , and I apologise to both [IRON] and [Choo] for implying you couldn’t take our garri, even though you evidently could quite easily.

It’s ya boy fred.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Great thing about the chest thump threads (not stating yours is one) is the 3rd wheel (SoR, BG and JQ) as it stands now is gonna have a huge say of deciding the Kingmaker of season 1 as week 7 has the 3 Tier 1 servers squaring off again. Guaranteed there is going to be lots of QQ posts, politics, azzzz kissing, etc. in response to whom that 3rd server decides to rally towards so expect that thread to be loads of fun to read!

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

Great thing about the chest thump threads (not stating yours is one) is the 3rd wheel (SoR, BG and JQ) as it stands now is gonna have a huge say of deciding the Kingmaker of season 1 as week 7 has the 3 Tier 1 servers squaring off again. Guaranteed there is going to be lots of QQ posts, politics, azzzz kissing, etc. in response to whom that 3rd server decides to rally towards so expect that thread to be loads of fun to read!

Boy oh boy, i can’t wait for it.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

I understand that in my previous post I looked like an kitten , and I apologise to both [IRON] and [Choo] for implying you couldn’t take our garri, even though you evidently could quite easily.

Not saying we could have taken it easily. Not saying we could have taken it at all in fact. With the broken machanic of perma banner resses on the keep lord taking a defended garrison is never easy.

The point is, IRON wasnt there to cap garrison on that occasion, we was there looking for action. There have been many times when we have been in a tower or keep (and on a rare occasion garrison) that the place has been capped by rallians dispite us asking them not to, as we wanted to keep the action going.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

@ IRON @ Choo: Great fights out there so far. My guild is a hybrid guild so we not only play for fights but we play for PPT too. So a lot of the times depending on the commander on the map, we could either fight you a lot open field or just play the PPT game. Either way I’ve been having a blast its not often I get to fight IRON.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

(edited by MaLeVoLenT.8129)

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

@ IRON @ Choo: Great fights out there so far. My guild is a hybrid guild so we not only play for fights but we play for PPT too. So a lot of the times depending on the commander on the map, we could either fight you a lot open field or just play the PPT game. Either way I’ve having a bast its not often I get to fight IRON.

<3 any fight is a good fight. We too can go hybrid and cap stuff, it happens now and again.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

To the oPP mesmer in TC BL at the ruins, I have taken your guys advice and doing some small man. Hope the loot bag I give you makes a hole in your back pack <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

To the oPP mesmer in TC BL at the ruins, I have taken your guys advice and doing some small man. Hope the loot bag I give you makes a hole in your back pack <3

Even the best fail sometimes!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Lmao poor Sacrx xD

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

In Soviet BG, yak slaps you!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

Glad ArenaNet came out with WvW Leagues. Season 1 will set the precedent for following seasons. Every server fighting their best. What more can anyone ask for?

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akkadian.7206

Akkadian.7206

Those are some weak damage stats for Bright Wizards. Makes me smile that those Marauders ran a train on them. Oh and kitten Warrior Priests.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Oh cmon, we are just a small casual Russian guild raiding few hours during our primetime, we will hardly impact anything. The current score is purely the result of BG players dedication to win the week. At best our small group will be able to flip a couple of camps – at best a tower.

Your size doesn’t matter so much when you’re Russian. That time slot is just…so valuable. You guys are already good players on top of having Prime playing hours in an off-Prime window where there’s that gap between the SEA Prime and the EU Prime times.

It’s sort of why we miss KH. They probably hurt TC leaving more than EP or ZN did, those guys. They were a small 20-25 man crew, but they basically played Hawaii hours. (They’re not Hawaiians, they just started super late because their commander got off work late, but that was basically their nightly raid time). Great players who will hold our third of multiple maps almost alone when everyone else in NA is in bed, while waiting for the Aussies and the Asians to get off work or get home from school.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Looking at the score makes me so sad

21k points loss in 3 days

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Soviet BG is maaaaaad bro!

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Why is it called soviet BG?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

IRON recruiting the BG warriors in their Garrison at this present time as ours are awefull

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrBowzer.2380

MrBowzer.2380

I really have no biased opinions, yet this thread is full of them.

For the TC fans: TC has actually done pretty well for being paired with the two best servers, that being said they are not nearly as good as JQ is. Now I say this not because it shows, but because it is obvious that whoever is leading you, puts you in positions that are not winnable. If you guys stop wearing paper armor, you could possibly have a chance being in Tier 1. Maybe.

For the BG fans: You guys are doing really well. For being underthegun for the first few days, you guys really have what it takes to push forward. What you guys need is weekend warriors. That initial 18k-20k point difference must have made you guys really disappointed, but obviously not for long. I think you guys really got a shot at taking Tier 1 gold. Goodluck!

For SoR fans: You guys have the strength. Matter of fact, if I had to put a finger on the server that, to me, looked the strongest coming out the gate, it was you guys. You not only have numbers, but you have quite a few of the strongest guilds. NOW, that being the case, some of those guilds have egos that bite more then they can chew. I will not be so blatant as to announce who these are but I am pretty sure everyone can point kittens at them. LOTS AND LOTS OF KITTENS. I fee like you guys are strong but instead of pulling for ppt, you fight for kills. You ignore the easy ppt, and run around like a pack of savage angry mob ridden children. I have played with you guys, and yes this is the case. I watch as we run in circles around a ticking garrison, and do nothing about getting in the circle, but instead run around it. Once again, this is the case. Instead of pushing and taking Tier 3 towers, we look for open field fights, just to feed our bloodlust. You guys, stahp. Please just stahp. Your chance of taking Gold Tier 1, is off that charts, but is dwindled with your superior god complex. If you want to PvP and not WvW, go play Pvp and not WvW. Your fight should always be for the betterment of the server, the the guild bank. sigh

Anywho, I will give you my guess on this weeks matchup.

Pulling 3rd is TC.
Pulling 2nd is a blank.
Pulling 1st is a tough run between SoR and BG. As things stand now, I see BG winning if Sor does not lose the attitude and pick back up where the week began.

Goodluck to all! And fight on!

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

hehe. Yah that thread and week 7 match is gonna be pretty epic. The top 2 servers will start with lavish praise at the 3rd slot finisher hoping to schmoooze them. The thread will most likely be the most positive it’s been in months with everyone getting along of which will undoubtedly soon go downhill as #3 starts to dictate who takes gold.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

hehe. Yah that thread and week 7 match is gonna be pretty epic. The top 2 servers will start with lavish praise at the 3rd slot finisher hoping to schmoooze them. The thread will most likely be the most positive it’s been in months with everyone getting along of which will undoubtedly soon go downhill as #3 starts to dictate who takes gold.

I promise there will be no schmooze or getting along from me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Well its very simple, your server has experts at finding coverage gaps and recruiting for those time slots. Valid strategy when you can’t actually win your fights.

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

Why is it called soviet BG?

Because we recently got a Russian guild ZD

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

Well its very simple, your server has experts at finding coverage gaps and recruiting for those time slots. Valid strategy when you can’t actually win your fights.

im sorry ….. but BG ticking more than you during EU and NA as well since weekdays began…

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

In Soviet BG, queue pops you!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

That would be that playing for fights thing we go on about. Even though your post was sarcastic you at least get what we was trying to do, being in your garrison was the only way to get a decent fight going.

Alot of your server mates like to use the SoR playing for fights thing as a reason to chest thump when you win, but its nice to see some people get it.

Please leave SoR and take the rest of IRON with you, you all clearly have no interest of helping SoR win this tournament and your 6hr karma training yesterday did the server no good. There is a time to karma train and a time to get serious but its obvious IRON only cares about loot bags. Oh becuase BG got a new 40 man EU guild is no excuse either for a loss of points lead we did have.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

in our garri the other night BG v [IRON] + [Choo] blob and they were eating our players yet they didn’t take garri, oh no just sort of ran in circles on some sort of forward momentum that finally stopped when they got bored.

Sounds like they were having fun to me. Like any server each will have a mixed bag of guilds and players of whom there will be those solely interested in ppt and others who wants fights, more power to em.

Having said that, wow it’s gotta be boring being on JQ about now, they have to deal with their present situation til mid November, lol.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Please leave SoR and take the rest of IRON with you, you all clearly have no interest of helping SoR win this tournament and your 6hr karma training yesterday did the server no good. There is a time to karma train and a time to get serious but its obvious IRON only cares about loot bags. Oh becuase BG got a new 40 man EU guild is no excuse either for a loss of points lead we did have.

uh oh, sounds like this guy is mad IRON isn’t carrying him to his golden dolyak. Poor guy

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

If IRON left SoR, SoR will become the next TC

This is sad time, sad time indeed. As much as I love SoR it is looking very bad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Speaking of leaving, Why did KH leave? I miss them…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Gold Wars 2?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Gold Wars 2?

I doubt it, I hear they went to SoS…or was it mag…I don’t know, hearsay and all…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

So the point loss was just from IRON? Sorry to be the once to tell you think but those points were lost going from NA to sea/oceanic (not blaming those guilds before you come back with that) , it was a little early for IRON. BG’s new guild is not EU either, they are russian, which again means alot of their play time is a little early for IRON. Are you sure you are on SoR? you dont really know what you are on about.

Me and IRON are staying, come on Yoda, you know yopu love us really <3

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

This is sad time, sad time indeed. As much as I love SoR it is looking very bad

What’s your definition of bad, losing out on a dolyak finisher? lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Gold Wars 2?

I doubt it, I hear they went to SoS…or was it mag…I don’t know, hearsay and all…

EP moved to SoS, and KH to Mag. If I were to guess, it was to get out of the queues and skill lag and salvage some fun for the 7 weeks of Season 1. I would not be surprised in the slightest to see them both back on TC when Season 1 is over. I personally hold both guilds in high regard.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

So the point loss was just from IRON? Sorry to be the once to tell you think but those points were lost going from NA to sea/oceanic (not blaming those guilds before you come back with that) , it was a little early for IRON. BG’s new guild is not EU either, they are russian, which again means alot of their play time is a little early for IRON. Are you sure you are on SoR? you dont really know what you are on about.

Just wondering what’s the mentality of IRON when we lose 25k points to BG in 3 days?
Do you guys still push? Do you guys aim for PPT more or just keep looking for fight and karma and bags?

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Just wondering what’s the mentality of IRON when we lose 25k points to BG in 3 days?
Do you guys still push? Do you guys aim for PPT more or just keep looking for fight and karma and bags?

IRON is waiting on you to log to carry them….