10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Nobody really has the force to contend with ZDs during the time slot they play. Unfortunately for them, they will get bored rather quickly unless they start staying up really late to play with IRON/NA. Maybe them coming over will attract more EU to the NA servers. I doubt it though.

Based on what people have told me the only groups that can match ZDs time slot or come close to it are either German guilds or other russian guilds.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

SoR +85ppt during EU.

Even TC are ticking more than them lol.

BG LA Best LA !!!

(edited by DKNS.2135)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I find this thread hilarious. BG Commanders saying don’t forget about us, everyone else blaming ZD …

This about as good as kardashians reality show ~ makes no sense, but people keep yelling at eachother

~X

PS: TC – go to LA and tell pve populus time for Bloodlust achievo

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Seems like SOR is having an interesting week with their own players not only turning on IRON on the forums but I hear other guilds as well. I’m told DIE guild held an hour long guild meeting while in spawn of TC border during NA prime time preventing any interested parties getting on and defending the map while we golem rushed towards bay. Thanks for that, who do we sent the gold to DIE?

you mean the level 17 up level ranger? lol.

the last laugh will happen in week 7 as SOR will help double team the trash talkers. JQ or BG are going to be extremely kitten, specially the achievement and dolyak hunters.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrBowzer.2380

MrBowzer.2380

Actually it is funny cause during weekends BG takes time off. While we still play, we simply do not put as much overtime as we do on the weekdays. Out queue time on BG right now is like 5 min to get into any given WvW realm. This is the case till around 6p est. Yesterday we saw lots of SoR and Tc guilds fighting hard 1-2 hours prior the present time. So around 1p est yesterday there was hard fights, now there is nothing. The chatter right now, is that SoR and Tc gave up. Now this does not stand for the later guilds, just the guilds that are meant to cover this timezone. These guilds that are supposed to be covering, are failing and PvEing. What makes this even more funny, is that fact that the 1st 1-8pgs of this thread was SoR flaming, now they are just hiding beneath layers of kittens. Run and hide, thats what you guys are good at, and will only be good at. Run and hide kittens, run and hide…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Maybe them coming over will attract more EU to the NA servers. I doubt it though.

I’ve got a weird feeling that they might attract more EU guilds to the top NA servers

Leaving EU servers with nothing and NA servers having 3hour queues, which means they will then go back to EU

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Nobody really has the force to contend with ZDs during the time slot they play. Unfortunately for them, they will get bored rather quickly unless they start staying up really late to play with IRON/NA. Maybe them coming over will attract more EU to the NA servers. I doubt it though.

Based on what people have told me the only groups that can match ZDs time slot or come close to it are either German guilds or other russian guilds.

They play longer hours than most EU guilds from what I have seen. They start playing at early SEA timezone so I am sure JQ will be able to accommodate them with some tough fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luxon.1389

Luxon.1389

This is most likely what’s happening between BG and SoR

Undisputable facts:
1. BG has a greater total population than SoR
2. SoR has a higher percentage of players who focus on WvW
3. WvW Season has attracted a lot of PvEers looking for achievement points

On weekends, I’m sure both servers queued all 4 maps almost 24/7. This means both servers were fielding equal numbers at all times. BG most likely had a lot more percentage of PvE players running around in WvW than SoR did, simply due to facts #1 and 2. And because dedicated WvW players are generally better at WvW than PvE players, SoR won more fights because they had more WvW players on the map than BG did. The PPT over the weekend (and steamrolling of BG BL) confirm this.

Now on weekdays, where queues start to drop especially during off-times, the outcome of the battle shifts from quality over quantity to quantity over quality. The server with superior numbers will outshine the other. When the other server is simply outmanned, it really doesn’t matter if you’re fielding PvE players or WvW players, because any player (PvE or WvW) will always beat doors. So, since BG has a much greater PvE population that is all over WvW hungry for some achievement points, there is no way SoR can match BG’s numbers. The pattern has been like this between BG and SoR for a long time, with SoR performing better on weekends and BG performing better on weekdays. But it has become more severe with WvW Season attracting even more PvE player base, which benefits BG more than it does SoR, simply because BG has a much greater PvE population.

All in all, who cares. This isn’t to say that one server is better than the other. We should all just be grateful for great fights because what would BG or SoR be without the other?

I’m not sure about actual numbers but imo I think this statement is true. From the way I observe it anyway.

Second, the turn over into the week isn’t exactly “quantity over quality”. It just means as total participation drops into the week days it allows BG to get more of it’s hardcore WvW players onto maps, to better direct and motivate the “quantity”. It’s not easy though. Just yesterday during SEA we almost lost Garri and had a very frustrated SEA commander log out because players on the map weren’t rallying. My point is, it’s not as simple as “quantity over quality”.

Imo I agree, but it’s also as the same affect on SOR. The dedicated WvW’s that are on for SOR still show up, but the weekend population consisting of whoever(either more casual WvW players and/or some of the PvE population) do not show up as much on the week days as they did on the weekend.

Also just because your cmd can’t get your forces to rally doesn’t mean you don’t have the numbers. It just means everyone is doing their own thing. I’ve seen it happen on SOR aswell when we have had more than enough players on the map.

If BG gets their hardcore WvW players on maps and their PVE or casual WvW crews then they are more determined to win. Which they get credit for. And this is what I believe has been happening over the last day or two.

P.S- All of the above is excluded from the fact BG did get a new guild to add to their ranks which has a impact whether small or big to the equation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

Yes ZaDrots move is not permanent, we are playing for fun and we had no fun playing vs queues. During league myself i spent around 15 hours in queues total.

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Maybe them coming over will attract more EU to the NA servers. I doubt it though.

I’ve got a weird feeling that they might attract more EU guilds to the top NA servers

Leaving EU servers with nothing and NA servers having 3hour queues, which means they will then go back to EU

You still have 3 hour queues during EU? Our queues are like 5 minutes tops. We didn’t even have 4 maps queued during SEA or EU today AFAIK as I joined up a few times taking regular breaks and was always able to join a map right away.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Execrable.1064

Execrable.1064

TC so close to BG, keep it up TC…… i know you guys can get 2nd place…….. Don’t forget all the guilds BG lured away with gold from you…..

WoW SoR rlly going there? Ok what guilds are you talking about? BTW your 2vs1 tactic didnt go unnoticed. Get TC to push BG more with no chance to win the matchup, while you push BG at the same time and try to get some extra points for SoR?

Sadly 2vs1 will never work with TC in the mix (no offence TC) but they’re not JQ and dont have the numbers to successfully 2vs1 all week. Can’t see TC falling for your tactic SoR, But you carry on trying to get TC on your side SoR while you take their stuff LOL

As I mentioned previously, its payback time. Enjoy the next 3 weeks being kittened up

The match is far from over, but it’s fun to look back at the first few pages of this thread at posts like the above.

80s – elementalist, engineer, guardian, mesmer, necromancer

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

BG plays on reset and weekends as well. Some do not, but i have many friends on BG … and I see them at the portals queueing for that first in line. Same as all servers, we have guilds that don’t like reset, we also have guilds that don’t like showing up when there 10 go out against 40. (/wave is meant to say hi to my friends nothing more- do not misinterpret please)

/waves KnT /waves PLX /waves OnS

I just find the sharp jabs and passive aggressive comments back and forth between BG, SoR, ZD and IRON all too macho and mature, and funny.

“Huzzah . I am stronk”
“No you iz not stronk, you riding back of other stronk one”
“What, I stay up all night”
“Really I don’t see you not so stronk one”
“Look your ppt is in need of magnifying glass”
“You talk, they do, you hide in tower no come fight us”
“I said look your ppt is shrinking, maybe problem with cold water?”
“This ridiculous, go for challenge go home backl to eu”
“You ridiculous, no where on map – come fight me huzzah”
“Huzzah”
….

That’s what I’m reading. And I find it hilarious for lunchtime reading at work.

~X [STUN]

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

TC so close to BG, keep it up TC…… i know you guys can get 2nd place…….. Don’t forget all the guilds BG lured away with gold from you…..

WoW SoR rlly going there? Ok what guilds are you talking about? BTW your 2vs1 tactic didnt go unnoticed. Get TC to push BG more with no chance to win the matchup, while you push BG at the same time and try to get some extra points for SoR?

Sadly 2vs1 will never work with TC in the mix (no offence TC) but they’re not JQ and dont have the numbers to successfully 2vs1 all week. Can’t see TC falling for your tactic SoR, But you carry on trying to get TC on your side SoR while you take their stuff LOL

As I mentioned previously, its payback time. Enjoy the next 3 weeks being kittened up

The match is far from over, but it’s fun to look back at the first few pages of this thread at posts like the above.

TheButcher.5062? haha, his very first post to this forum was made 4 days ago, lol. He is probably another up level ranger…..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Actually it is funny cause during weekends BG takes time off. While we still play, we simply do not put as much overtime as we do on the weekdays. Out queue time on BG right now is like 5 min to get into any given WvW realm. This is the case till around 6p est. Yesterday we saw lots of SoR and Tc guilds fighting hard 1-2 hours prior the present time. So around 1p est yesterday there was hard fights, now there is nothing. The chatter right now, is that SoR and Tc gave up. Now this does not stand for the later guilds, just the guilds that are meant to cover this timezone. These guilds that are supposed to be covering, are failing and PvEing. What makes this even more funny, is that fact that the 1st 1-8pgs of this thread was SoR flaming, now they are just hiding beneath layers of kittens. Run and hide, thats what you guys are good at, and will only be good at. Run and hide kittens, run and hide…

I’m sorry but this just isn’t true.

How can BG be taking time off on the weekend when all of the maps had queues?

We had a bad start and we got out played.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Ok i exaggerated a lot when i said ZD are a small guild but the point is that all this QQ over one such guild is just ridiculous, especially from IRON members who enjoyed EU all these months without much competition.

Well, there is a clue to the conundrum in what you wrote…..

heading back to my tremendously exciting match up….

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

MrBowzer.2380

You mad? You seem mad…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Well, I guess we had a good thing going here until now. Thanks for the previous close matchup BG, enjoy steamrolling now :|!

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Yes ZaDrots move is not permanent, we are playing for fun and we had no fun playing vs queues. During league myself i spent around 15 hours in queues total.

A cheer of triumph rang out from SoR citadel and all the little SoR boys and girls, all snug in their beds, slept soundly with visions of Indo dancing in their heads.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Good for BG, they did a great job recruiting at a nice PPT slot then.

Playing the spoiler role in week 7 is gonna be a lot of fun IMO when the big 3 (JQ, BG, SOR) gather for the last battle to decide the final rankings.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

You twisted it, We left EU because of 3 hours queues. Here on NA we have no queues. We just can play the game and mode we enjoy.

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Leagues were created to get americans over the EU and EU servers over to america

huzzah – unearthed mystery – catch ya in 6 hours back to work.

in Match-ups

Cirus.5748

You mad? You seem mad…

I’m from Blackgate…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

dat 6+omega rush about 50bg on eb keep 10 mins ago…..lol, thanks for the bags

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

You mad? You seem mad…

I’m from Blackgate…

MrBowzer.2380 wouldn’t know who you are or your tag is as his first post on this forum was a day ago. Probably another up-level ranger talkin trash, hah! Good luck rest of the week.

in Match-ups

Cirus.5748

You mad? You seem mad…

I’m from Blackgate…

MrBowzer.2380 wouldn’t know who you are or your tag is as his first post on this forum was a day ago. Probably another up-level ranger you guys are help carrying, hah! Good luck rest of the week.

It would seem that way

Lol cheers, you too

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Congrats on more server purchases! Lol

OP’d thief, lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

HODORgate!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Chest Thumping to Tears, A Sanctum of Rall Story.

Coming to a thread near you this fall, don’t miss it!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Stick to PvE.

Some of the BG players here seem to get how to play the politics game. When it comes to league play, it pays to learn to play the game and to play it very well…

(edited by Burl.9567)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

“Huzzah . I am stronk”
“No you iz not stronk, you riding back of other stronk one”
“What, I stay up all night”
“Really I don’t see you not so stronk one”
“Look your ppt is in need of magnifying glass”
“You talk, they do, you hide in tower no come fight us”
“I said look your ppt is shrinking, maybe problem with cold water?”
“This ridiculous, go for challenge go home backl to eu”
“You ridiculous, no where on map – come fight me huzzah”
“Huzzah”
….

That’s what I’m reading. And I find it hilarious for lunchtime reading at work.

~X [STUN]

Lmao. Thanks for the laugh !

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Match-ups

Posted by: Safir.9203

Safir.9203

Bad Start to Buying the Win, A Blackgate Story.

Already well established in many threads, you can’t miss it!

in Match-ups

MrBowzer.2380

You mad? You seem mad…

I’m from Blackgate…

Yeah you mad..

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

SOR will be getting the last laugh in week 7

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

SoR +85ppt during EU.

Even TC are ticking more than them lol.

We all have our bad nights. No need to rub it in.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Bad Start to Buying the Win, A Blackgate Story.

Already well established in many threads, you can’t miss it!

We had to invest in other options since JQ out bid us on buying anet…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

I agree to an extent. BG had queues for the first hours of reset and, from what I saw, on most maps far longer than that.

We did get monstered on PPT for the first 2 days-ish, but I think part of that was zone-in-lotto. KnT had a very large number of people in TS and 16 got in. I understand other guilds had similar experiences (iirc correctly PLX got essentially no-one into their assigned map?). Regardless, TC are an excellent opponent on reset and SoR are always strong.

I’ve got a feeling that reset times are seen by the AP-crowd as a good time to speed run CoF … err WvW achievements … and this will be a feature for the weeks to come.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

SOR will be getting the last laugh in week 7

You know, oddly enough I was thinking about this last week when I was honestly questioning our ability to beat SoR 1v1. I was thinking something along these lines …

“What would we do if were put in a position to play kingmaker in week 7? Should we clearly focus one server over another out of spite or some past grievance, or would it be more respectable to just play the game, and play to win? If we did focus one server, who would it be and why? Which would be more rewarding in the end?”

During the brief time I thought about it I was definitely leaning towards the second option. Who knows though. There’s still a lot of matches left and many things can and likely will change as the season progresses. I’m sure your just poking fun on the forums in the quote above but nothing is certain, and it could very well still be BG with the option to play kingmaker in the end. It’s also mathematically possible that nobody will.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Liquid.9672)

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Don’t know which part of russia ZDs are coming from, but I’m central EU and England is one hour after me, while western Russia starts 1-2 hours before me. Moscow is 3 hours before EU prime and after that there are 8 other timezones which are equal to our SEA force.
If I remember correct Russia has 10 timezones from west to east.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

Don’t know which part of russia ZDs are coming from, but I’m central EU and England is one hour after me, while western Russia starts 1-2 hours before me. Moscow is 3 hours before EU prime and after that there are 8 other timezones which are equal to our SEA force.
If I remember correct Russia has 10 timezones from west to east.

obviously most of ppl should be near Eu timezone … – moscow – st peter

just ignore IRON. they just couldn’t complete and tried to make themself feel better.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

There’s NO TC guilds meant to cover that time zone. None. Zip. Zero. In fact, there’s currently NO active TC guilds with a daily WvW mission statement of fighting at any time outside NA Prime. We have zero non-NA organized coverage at the moment, and it doesn’t look likely to change for the foreseeable future.

Now, there are PvX guilds that will run from time to time, but they only play certain days, and hence, you will get experiences of us fighting like madmen at a certain time of day one day, and being completely deserted of any active players the next. You might even see NA guilds doing training at a time outside of NA, especially CERN.

But don’t ever expect regular fights from us outside the NA Prime. Total crapshoot, as far as we’re concerned. We don’t have any real coverage at any other hour. Our WvW maps are militia country the rest of the day. You guys just got lucky you actually ran into TC forces that might have resembled organized groups yesterday.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

It’s appalling how some people think you need to do overtime for a freaking video game.

A video game is made for fun. It’s not a job. Seems like people have forgotten that.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

It’s appalling how some people think you need to do overtime for a freaking video game.

A video game is made for fun. It’s not a job. Seems like people have forgotten that.

It’s appalling how some people think playing to win is something to be ashamed of.
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Maybe some people actually find doing so fun and rewarding? I don’t, mainly because if I don’t get enough sleep I turn into a grumpy old troll. Yet, I don’t judge those that do. Those of us who have the privilege of freedom have the right to put in as little, or as much effort into something as we choose. Whether it be tying our shoes, writing a novel, or playing a game.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

All in all, who cares. This isn’t to say that one server is better than the other. We should all just be grateful for great fights because what would BG or SoR be without the other?

To answer, both servers would be bored to tears.

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

“It’s an interesting change mid season, but one that could be interesting for all parties. I think SoR for the most part now has 2 exposed timezones which BG is exploiting hard so it will be difficult for us to maintain the ppt as far as any matchup goes, but it will still be fun to fight and do what we always do. Historically SoR has always been a scrapper/grinder server so we are used to being at a significant disadvantage as we climbed up from rank 17.

As far as more EU coming to NA, I think it’s a great thing for the game as a whole but if any EU are thinking of coming to SoR, please do so with the intention of joining the community permanently. While ZD may win BG the season with the 2nd timezone exposure(SEA > EU on top of NA > OC), we are not that type of server. We would rather lose with our community and team rather than win with hired mercenaries.

That being said, we still welcome the challenge and hope everyone has fun moving forward. And also, there is no drama or hatred towards IRON, never has been and never will be. They are part of the SoR family and as always they know we have zero ppt expectations out of them as we have zero ppt expectations out of any guild on SoR. The only expectation that we have as a community is every guild gets out there and works together, fights hard, and has fun."

-Indo

(edited by Burl.9567)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

It’s appalling how some people think playing to win is something to be ashamed of.
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

You can do what you want, but don’t insult others for making life choices that don’t suck them into an ultimately meaningless competition that was meant to be fun. I’m referring to quotes of people telling SoR SEA guilds to stay up past their prime time to match BG coverage.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Well, I guess we had a good thing going here until now. Thanks for the previous close matchup BG, enjoy steamrolling now :|!

Steamrolling? Isn’kitten bit early to give up the match?

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

atm on sor bl, full coin zerg + full rk zerg running together vs 26 iron + a handfull randoms. my question to them: is it fun for you guys?

btw I saw that coin was asking tc for gvg’s. how about you accept OUR invitation to a gvg Biebertrix. Stop ignoring it and man up.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

SOR QQing about EU guild joining BG????
Okay, I seen enough.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365