10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

This just in: JQ has spent 7 whole gold to buy the entire population of Vizunah Square. It’s true. Believe it. #believega- quarry.

totes

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheJewpacabro.2907

TheJewpacabro.2907

I hate this place, the discussions are so null anf dry, never any talk between guilds, or about fights, just pugs/trolls/iron talking about obvious things that no one give a kitten about (I hate that filter…) . Congrats on what should be 30 pages of fluff you kittens.

in Match-ups

TheJewpacabro.2907

Oh it takes too much effort to balance the game out for a greater number of people so i’m going to just be a sheep and move my guild to BG/SoR/JQ so i don’t have to be invested in a server. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing it up unrepentant.

Here, have an upvote. Oh wait this isn’t reddit.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feydra.6318

Feydra.6318

To be honest BG and SoR, you both have great organiced guilds, but both of you tuck tail and run, seriously, time and time again i see militia from TC run in bad odds, getting slougthered, they reform and try again, the moment we get numbers, both of you run, so yea, shut up and start dying !… This said your both better then us, so thanks for the great fights !

Miriel de Clavo – Elementalist
Fey Sparrow – Warrior
If i nag about things, its only couse i care ;P

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Speaking for T2, we only seek to be balanced with each other.
The human nature to stack for an easier victory is too prevalent and no one has the stomach for that level of an arms race outside Tier 1.

This is a very nice sentiment that has been promoted for a long time (mostly by Blackgate, Cheers!) but unless someone wants to be the first to dive into the water???

Could you get enough folks to do it without destabilizing the current T1 situation?

T1 is so unstable that every guild transfer (outside of NA) results in a massive swing in fortunes.

MERC (or just some of them) transfer to JQ and suddenly #3 is number 1. ZDs goes to BG and suddenly #3 is #1 and everyone is saying how JQ needs EU even though even a modest sized guild would throw the math off again.

How do you prevent a stackwagon and prevent a server implosion if it should dip to #4 for a week or two?

Here’s your problems on the tier 2 side:
TC:massive fairweather population, queues are rough and they have lost a lot of their WvW focused strength outside of CERN and PINK
SoS: Anemic NA, but if it’s NA becomes strong it will start crawling upwards in rating. Plus we don’t really have a burning desire to be T1 again (unless the nature of T1 were to change drastically).
Maguuma: The addition of OCX/SEA guilds would help them, but then they’d have to redefine themselves (can’t say you don’t PPT when you tick over 300) and there would be massive infighting between roamers and blobbers.
Fort Aspenwood:I have no idea what their problem is, but I hear there are a lot of politics
SBI: Too many lower tier transfers, won’t be ready for primetime for a while.

Speaking for T2 i want as many good fights with as many servers as possible instead of this ridiculous feast or famine.

TC’s “feast” of course constituting any given week they do not face a t1 server. I wonder if this contempt for more populous servers inverts itself into self loathing in that scenario…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

the general conduct and tone in this thread is actually starting to turn my stomach.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

TheJewpacabro.2907

To be honest BG and SoR, you both have great organiced guilds, but both of you tuck tail and run, seriously, time and time again i see militia from TC run in bad odds, getting slougthered, they reform and try again, the moment we get numbers, both of you run, so yea, shut up and start dying !… This said your both better then us, so thanks for the great fights !

“stubbornness, a willingness to way point and try again that wins the fight. – Grand Progressive Battle pope Anvil Plants/Anvil Panties

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

The human nature to stack for an easier victory is too prevalent and no one has the stomach for that level of an arms race outside Tier 1.

This is a very nice sentiment that has been promoted for a long time (mostly by Blackgate, Cheers!) but unless someone wants to be the first to dive into the water???

Could you get enough folks to do it without destabilizing the current T1 situation?

T1 is so unstable that every guild transfer (outside of NA) results in a massive swing in fortunes.

MERC (or just some of them) transfer to JQ and suddenly #3 is number 1. ZDs goes to BG and suddenly #3 is #1 and everyone is saying how JQ needs EU even though even a modest sized guild would throw the math off again.

How do you prevent a stackwagon and prevent a server implosion if it should dip to #4 for a week or two?

TC:massive fairweather population, queues are rough and they have lost a lot of their WvW focused strength outside of CERN and PINK
SoS: Anemic NA, but if it’s NA becomes strong it will start crawling upwards in rating. Plus we don’t really have a burning desire to be T1 again (unless the nature of T1 were to change drastically).
Maguuma: The addition of OCX/SEA guilds would help them, but then they’d have to redefine themselves (can’t say you don’t PPT when you tick over 300) and there would be massive infighting between roamers and blobbers.
Fort Aspenwood:I have no idea what their problem is, but I hear there are a lot of politics

Speaking for T2 i want as many good fights with as many servers as possible instead of this ridiculous feast or famine.

TC’s “feast” of course constituting any given week they do not face a t1 server. I wonder if this contempt for more populous servers inverts itself into self loathing in that scenario…

For many of us it does. For the fairweathers it does not.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feydra.6318

Feydra.6318

“stubbornness, a willingness to way point and try again that wins the fight. – Grand Progressive Battle pope Anvil Plants/Anvil Panties

its also give and go, to some extent, i think egos among some, and the scare oh noes, they might you tube if we loose a battle, seriously who cares, “we dont have to beat em, just fight em”… as a example about 30min ago a choo zerg, attacked north camp, estimate 20-30people, they ran ower the guards and 5-10people that were there at first, then our people start pouring in, and we started to outnumber choo, and they ran to the vista and way pointed out, considering 80% of us are militia, so just stay and fight, it dosent hurt to chew dirt once in a while, IF youd loose, chanse is you beat us anyway ;P

and PS, choo is just an example, as it just happened, i see this equally with SoR as with BG

Miriel de Clavo – Elementalist
Fey Sparrow – Warrior
If i nag about things, its only couse i care ;P

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

For many of us it does. For the fairweathers it does not.

Sometimes I wonder, in my idle thought-time, if I’ll live to see 2.5 billion people in China and India fighting with each other over who gets the EU and NA people to guard their stuff at night because there isn’t enough of us to go around ^.^
That’s my personal take on the whole long forum fight, there’s only a few servers worth of Oceanic and Asian players and their impact on a 24/7 game. T1 is about those players far more that it is the NA population. Shuffling NA players around would be essentially pointless.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

This is wvw, not fictional fanfare rp.

I’ve never ever been on a squad where we “run from, shut up and start dying” in the hands of TC. In the recent past I’ve seen good fights between PLX and EP, KnT and KH – two of the guilds I respected in TC. Sadly, they have moved on to other servers.

But usually when we are against TC, we are also against another T1 and they are our priority, not so much you guys.

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Everyone runs at times dude, TC included.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Everyone runs at times dude, TC included.

Question is the frequency of the retreats.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Nice fights tonight in SoR BL. Some great hits. Thanks EE and PLX for an interesting evening.

Attachments:

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Match-ups

TheJewpacabro.2907

Nice fights tonight in SoR BL. Some great hits. Thanks EE and PLX for an interesting evening.

thanks for the shout out, care to explain your screenshot, I don’t get it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: insy.7083

insy.7083

Someone tell me how a guild of this size in a weak time period for us doesn’t affect things dramatically. 60-70 man <3 I love it.

Nice chat

Insaneman – ZDs

in Match-ups

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

One less BG troll. The sun’s already shining a little brighter muahahahahaha

Because SoR doesn’t fulfill the quota already.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Think half my guild received warnings this last week *lol

It’s been interesting on the forums, that’s for sure :p

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avitori.6093

Avitori.6093

Nice fights tonight in BG BL, the 3 way fights in hills were fun

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

One less BG troll. The sun’s already shining a little brighter muahahahahaha

Because SoR doesn’t fulfill the quota already.

m8, cmon

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Don’t make me break out the marriage counselor again guys.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Didn’t know BG held its forum warriors in such high esteem. Getting some lovely hate mail

The best server has to be winning in every aspects, be it WVW, PVE or PVF
Forum warriors are as important as Olympic athletes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Didn’t know BG held its forum warriors in such high esteem. Getting some lovely hate mail

Special Olympic athletes right?

R O A R|Weezy|Drïzzy|Drama Llama|Mitsubishi Eclipsed|Swaglock Miststone
Member of Flock Of Smeagols [FoS]
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

Sniff.. ooops I sense discrimination. Is that really appropriate to say that?

in Match-ups

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

m8, cmon

I’m not your mate.

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

m8, cmon

I’m not your mate.

ooo m8

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

I hate you and you’re dumb. The ball’s in your court.

Ouch. Cold water please?

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

m8, cmon

I’m not your mate.

takie it easy mate

[IRON]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

We don’t usually run from fights, if we do it’s to disengage and defend an objective. I know defending is still a new concept for some of the lower tiers so I won’t hold it against you for not knowing.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krashner.6275

Krashner.6275

We don’t usually run from fights, if we do it’s to disengage and defend an objective. I know defending is still a new concept for some of the lower tiers so I won’t hold it against you for not knowing.

It amazes me how few people understand this. No, our 100 man zerg is not running from your 5 man party, you’re just not worth killing currently.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

You can analyse your own server lacklusters using this very easy sentence to first target on your own issues:
… (server’s name) … would be …(whatever you would like to improve)… if… (insert your solution here) …
XD
the “IF-Analysis-Issues/Solutions-Technik” is a very powerful tool ^^

This guy posts ONLY when BG is winning a matchup.

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

I’m pretty certain that Eclipse is eluding to the fact that WvW and PvF are 2 seperate mediums for competition much like the Olympics and the Special Olympics, Kiff if you are trying to say that forum warriors have some mental or physical disability then you need to have a good long hard look at yourself before making such outrageous claims, only a warped mind would make such a leap to conclude that

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

(edited by Maelwaedd.5842)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I’m pretty certain that Eclipse is eluding to the fact that WvW and PvF are 2 seperate mediums for competition much like the Olympics and the Special Olympics, Kiff if you are trying to say that forum warriors have some mental or physical disability then you need to have a good long hard look at yourself before making such outrageous claims, only a warped mind would make such a leap to conclude that

Call me a One-Arm Bandit.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

I’m pretty certain that Eclipse is eluding to the fact that WvW and PvF are 2 seperate mediums for competition much like the Olympics and the Special Olympics, Kiff if you are trying to say that forum warriors have some mental or physical disability then you need to have a good long hard look at yourself before making such outrageous claims

Heh, I never denied being a pvf warrior right?

But why must it be Special Olympics? We have Winter Olympics he could refer to that but why special olympics?

Honestly I don’t think he meant that they are 2 different platforms like you said. Totally and obviously not.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

Call me a One-Arm Bandit.

whaaat, I was about to take that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I can’t tell if this post is serious or if he just out-trolled everyone posting above him.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Did BG recently get some Forum Transfers from Mag? 0_o

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Maelwaedd.5842

I’m pretty certain that Eclipse is eluding to the fact that WvW and PvF are 2 seperate mediums for competition much like the Olympics and the Special Olympics, Kiff if you are trying to say that forum warriors have some mental or physical disability then you need to have a good long hard look at yourself before making such outrageous claims

Heh, I never denied being a pvf warrior right?

But why must it be Special Olympics? We have Winter Olympics he could refer to that but why special olympics?

Honestly I don’t think he meant that they are 2 different platforms like you said. Totally and obviously not.

Clearly Winter Olympics are PvP arenas while the Commonwealth Games are PvE, geesh its just so obvious

Resonance WvW Officer

(edited by Maelwaedd.5842)

in Match-ups

BG winning PvF Gold League.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

We are trying to break the Olympics records. Please go back to your own thread.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

He was the hero we needed but not the one we deserved.

in Match-ups

Maelwaedd.5842

We are trying to break the Olympics records. Please go back to your own thread.

I think due to the easy weeks Mag has for the next few weeks due to the Leagues schedule, and the long term injuries to a few well known BG PvF Olympians, Mag may have sent a special team to BG to assist with training in sarcasm, rhetoric and irony, hopefully you will see the fruits of some epic overtime soon

Resonance WvW Officer

in Match-ups

Talking about pot? We should’ve had a vigil.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

TW Iron and Choo Ragequit their own BL ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

Right on.

Every TC match-up also involves another T1 whom we reserve as a higher priority. The disengagements TC encountered were not due to us fleeing in fear but rather relocating to a more important objective. However, we did have a few battle engagements with TC and it went like this…..

“If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all”
- Bambi’s Mom
(I cried so hard when the hunter killed her)

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

Anet, let’s do swapsies. Pot for Titan.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kezorian.5107

Kezorian.5107

Talking about pot? We should’ve had a vigil.

We should, R.I.P Michael

Attachments:

Co-Leader of Onslaught [OnS]
Believegate – #freepot
http://www.onslaughtclan.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Anet, let’s do swapsies. Pot for Titan.

I think there is only so much the forums can endure. The only fair trade would be magifox for Pot.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Looking at the graphs on mos this week, it’s noteworthy how TC have almost a perfect uniformly sloped graph.

meanwhile, for SoR; …..cough…..cough…..

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

i can see the TC is like BG, no matter how tough it is, they still keep pushing forward. hats off to TC.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate