10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

TC is very much like BG, hell we fought you and SoR for so many months back in tier 2, BG and SoR managed to recruit and pull ourselves to tier 1 but TC were unable to recruit enough to fully break into it and kick JQ out

alot of very good wvw guilds were spawned on TC, tempered with RP and fighting t1 and t2 servers

I dont know if TC will ever be able to recruit enough to join BG and SoR or whether the t1 servers will de stack and balance all the gold servers, but we can dream

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

He was the hero we needed but not the one we deserved.

Talking about pot? We should’ve had a vigil.

We should, R.I.P Michael

Feel like I missed something. Where’d he vanish to?

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I was wondering if any RIOT team member could tell me if people actually have fun roaming with prismatic builds? I mean you’re basically the equivalent of disgusting facerolling nyx pickers or terran players but there are so many of you so there has to be some merit in it.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

I was wondering if any RIOT team member could tell me if people actually have fun roaming with prismatic builds? I mean you’re basically the equivalent of disgusting facerolling nyx pickers or terran players but there are so many of you so there has to be some merit in it.

some1s mad lolol

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

TC is very much like BG, hell we fought you and SoR for so many months back in tier 2, BG and SoR managed to recruit and pull ourselves to tier 1 but TC were unable to recruit enough to fully break into it and kick JQ out

alot of very good wvw guilds were spawned on TC, tempered with RP and fighting t1 and t2 servers

I dont know if TC will ever be able to recruit enough to join BG and SoR or whether the t1 servers will de stack and balance all the gold servers, but we can dream

TC are best just the way they are imo. Whenever i get bored of T1, i go there for a couple of weeks to enjoy WvW the way it should be. It’s always pure fun on their side. Dunno if it’s changed because i haven’t been there for quite some time but TC for me used to be like a vacation land, i go there every few weeks to relax and enjoy

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Writetyper.1985

some1s mad lolol

No it’s just I passed geometry class in high school and don’t have to spend my time understanding shapes as a crutch to not actually being physically incapable of pressing more than 3-4 buttons total across the timeframe of a few minutes.

really bad engineer

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

some1s mad lolol

No it’s just I passed geometry class in high school and don’t have to spend my time understanding shapes as a crutch to not actually being physically incapable of pressing more than 3-4 buttons total across the timeframe of a few minutes.

You do realise that kinda reply just confirms what he said about you?

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Writetyper.1985

some1s mad lolol

You do realise that kinda reply just confirms what he said about you?

Can anyone else smell that? Smells like a prismatic mesmer getting defensive. You don’t need to get defensive bro, rolling your face across the keyboard gives you all the boons to be defensive already

really bad engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

After moving to TC from Ebay, I am sure glad I got to be involved in a Tier 1 thread.

This is just great guys, please continue. I am in awe.

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

(edited by Luzano.6983)

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

TW Iron and Choo Ragequit their own BL ^^

Anet, let’s do swapsies. Pot for Titan.

I think there is only so much the forums can endure. The only fair trade would be magifox for Pot.

Just going through your post history I just know this place would be better without your bitter sentiments to the other servers <3 or just SoR.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

To the guy who vacations in TC:

TC seems like an entirely different server ever since EP and KH moved out. Lots of hate towards T1s especially BG and sometimes JQ. Most of the QQ on eb map chat are from people I’ve never seen before or up-levels. They were saying stuff like BG are cowards and would lose to them if the numbers were even and that BG loves to run full map zergs.

I don’t like negativity on map chat but I hate it even more if people from Tier 19 servers spread misinformation with zero experience fighting w Tier 1s. If they want to improve, they should embrace and learn what Tier 1s are doing instead of running their mouth and filling up map chat with garbage.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

TW Iron and Choo Ragequit their own BL ^^

Anet, let’s do swapsies. Pot for Titan.

I think there is only so much the forums can endure. The only fair trade would be magifox for Pot.

Just going through your post history I just know this place would be better without your bitter sentiments to the other servers <3 or just SoR.

Do you even realise how ironic it is coming from you?

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

TC seems like an entirely different server ever since EP and KH moved out. Lots of hate towards T1s especially BG and sometimes JQ. Most of the QQ on eb map chat are from people I’ve never seen before or up-levels. They were saying stuff like BG are cowards and would lose to them if the numbers were even and that BG loves to run full map zergs.

I don’t like negativity on map chat but I hate it even more if people from Tier 19 servers spread misinformation with zero experience fighting w Tier 1s. If they want to improve, they should embrace and learn what Tier 1s are doing instead of running their mouth and filling up map chat with garbage.

Well, like i said it’s been months since i last been to TC. And this is definitely disheartening to say the least. This is also exactly why i was hoping TC wouldn’t get caught up in the arms race and change.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Maelwaedd.5842

the TC i know would never put up with negative talk and hate, they would smother them in flowers and hugs and tonics until the tears dried up and everyone was smiles again

Resonance WvW Officer

in Match-ups

Maelwaedd.5842

wow not sure why they would say that, BG would prefer to run small groups of upto 30 than the map zergs which dominate t1, why do you think we have so many havok groups and roamers

it would be a pity to see TC loose their class due to transfers

Resonance WvW Officer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Why is it called soviet BG?

Because its BG

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I don’t see any TC badmouthing t1 servers. Especially in map chat or team chat. We at mumble are mostly laughing.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

some1s mad lolol

/shrug.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

wow not sure why they would say that, BG would prefer to run small groups of upto 30 than the map zergs which dominate t1, why do you think we have so many havok groups and roamers

You’re so quick to believe that post. ^.^

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

That was me. Thanks for giving me another post for the trophy case.

By the way, I sure hope you aren’t that perplexity engi that was running every possible interrupt along with automated response. That would put you at the top of my list as best qq yet.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

(edited by cyyrix.6105)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Well, I am practical and I have integrity. Surprised that you are unaware of how different TC wvw now. How long have you been in TC?

Where were you around this time last nite? In EB, we had people beating their chests about their wvw rank and at the same time lambasting BG on how kittenty they are at fighting. One person said that someone from BG went to TCLA and explained to TC how unorganized BG is on reset night. (I doubt someone from BG would do that)

Where were you there when Odinzu of EP held the server-wide wvw training to prepare for leagues? It was the week TC matched up against BG and SoR. He specifically chose SoRbl as our training ground because he wanted to fight a full map zerg. BGBL would not be a good place for that because players are more scattered. That was an awesome afternoon full of great battles with SoR.

So you have one person say BG runs full map zergs while another say that they are unorganized. It was contradictory and just based on the garbage they were spewing out, they seemed inexperienced yet opinionated.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in Match-ups

Posted by: azureazure.5381

azureazure.5381

Karma train~~~~~~~~~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

waiting on that wp in sor bl garri bg..

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Sounds like you had a really tough time… kitten Cyyrix!

Don’t tell me he was nekkid again too!

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Well, I am practical and I have integrity. Surprised that you are unaware of how different TC wvw now. How long have you been in TC?

Where were you around this time last nite? In EB, we had people beating their chests about their wvw rank and at the same time lambasting BG on how kittenty they are at fighting. One person said that someone from BG went to TCLA and explained to TC how unorganized BG is on reset night. (I doubt someone from BG would do that)

Where were you there when Odinzu of EP held the server-wide wvw training to prepare for leagues? It was the week TC matched up against BG and SoR. He specifically chose SoRbl as our training ground because he wanted to fight a full map zerg. BGBL would not be a good place for that because players are more scattered. That was an awesome afternoon full of great battles with SoR.

So you have one person say BG runs full map zergs while another say that they are unorganized. It was contradictory and just based on the garbage they were spewing out, they seemed inexperienced yet opinionated.

Easy there fella. Don’t take it out on me.

1. I play sea ocx.
2. I’ve been on tc for 6 months since april
3. I’ve followed odinzu when he allows
4. I can’t expect everyone to magically be able to fight sor and bg. It won’t be easy. But my sea/ocx team does what it can. And i do join you guys during eu at na when i can.

But reality is, EP, KH left. We may not be as good or can field enough people like EP or KH, or as we as disciplined as they are, but we still fight. ;3 Now keep calm and bring this up in our forum; so we can talk about it rather than ranting here in the thread.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Norr.7680

Norr.7680

That 20 PPT……

BeastGate Traveler – New Guy in KnT

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Thursday 7:30 am est.

SoR :\

Attachments:

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

I suppose everyone is enjoying the new living story event. ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: aarias.4016

aarias.4016

Clearly the answer is for SoR to pay an off-peak WvW guild thousands of gold to join our server for a couple weeks so that we can win.

…?

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

I suppose everyone is enjoying Battlefield 4.

Fixed. :I

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Clearly the answer is for SoR to pay an off-peak WvW guild thousands of gold to join our server for a couple weeks so that we can win.

…?

Nah, were just not guna play and make BG so bored in wvw they will bleed guilds

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

I suppose everyone is enjoying Battlefield 4.

Fixed. :I

what is battlefield 4?

Other than gw2, been playing beyond two souls and tomb raider. ;3 fun games.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

A minute’s silence as we mourn the loss of Magikfox from the forums

It’s always sad to see a fellow forumite go

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Actually, there was someone on BG chilling in TCLA and chatting about the matchups. I was there, I participated in the discussion. The finer details I’ve already forgotten, but the gist was more about t1 “map politics” than anything else. Pretty interesting to hear, to be honest.

Though I’m not Sovereign, I’d like to share my two cents about this little EB thingymescene you talk about. I was there as well. The negativity that permeated in the chat was a result of frustration. Do remember that the time when people started saying some things about BG was when our third was slowly falling, culminating into the eventual loss of OLK with the almighty Outnumbered buff. People need to vent, and considering it was BG who took our keep, who or what do you think will be the first target of their vents?

The same thing would have happened if it was SoS taking our keep with us having the Outnumbered buff. People would’ve kittened and moaned about SoS zerging and that we can roll them over with even numbers, etcetc.

Hate =/= expression of frustration. And frustration becomes more vocal when matches like this happen.

I suggest not making sweeping generalisations based on a few isolated events while disregarding any factors that contributed to this supposed “hate”.

By the way, I wasn’t chest-thumping about my rank or whatever, but I did express frustration in map chat. And it was just that, frustration. I don’t dislike/hate any server, I have more important things to expend my emotions on. I for one enjoy playing against T1, though it does become disheartening when you are Outnumbered and the enemy is flailing around with 60 people.

PS: I do know a few people who hate t1 servers (the popular pick being SoR lololol), but this opinion was before the loss of EP and KH and even before the start of the leagues so…

(edited by electriette.8952)

in Match-ups

Maelwaedd.5842

I didn’t believe the post Sovereign, I was just correction the misinformation presented and then stating my disbelief that a few transfers could change the TC i know and love

Resonance WvW Officer

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

I didn’t believe the post Sovereign, I was just correction the misinformation presented and then stating my disbelief that a few transfers could change the TC i know and love

Meh.

It’s funny because that guy was also calling people noobs so it’s all whatever, really.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Thursday 7:30 am est.

SoR :\

That’s pretty sad considering SoR had PPT lead during this same time a few weeks back…

Given that 7:30am est means we have a single bounce group and maaaaybe one commander on our own BL, we usually dont tick the highest.

Unfortunately given the… imma use the word “lackluster” here, performance from the NA/EU people, I think the late night crew pretty much stopped. Every night we fought multiple zergs on multiple BL’s in order to keep our ppt as high as we could so that the day crews wouldnt be starting from such a kittenty position.

But when you wake up and find yourself at 90ppt, despite coming off of what should have been one of the strongest times, the thought of having to deal with retaking things on 4 maps, things that are most likely sieged to hell and back, with a group that’s primarily used for defense? It’s more than a tad discouraging.

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

I see.

Anyway, was running with my guildmates for a bit. ^,^

http://youtu.be/ErCVB4om5G4

We haven’t done this in awhile, was fun. >3<

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Basically saying, yes, map chat in all the maps this week has been a bit of drama from time to time. Some things I’m glad ended up not being brought to the forums. None of it is actually hate as already stated, and the general tone in mumble is serious, yet light. From time to time people do get frustrated, even in mumble, but its usually over short comings or mistakes by our own server mates. The important thing is that despite this, our commander continues to try and correct what went wrong and inform people how to avoid it happening again… oh well, despite how bad you might feel when your group wipes, you feel better knowing all the gold name tags made it out alive.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

To be honest BG and SoR, you both have great organiced guilds, but both of you tuck tail and run, seriously, time and time again i see militia from TC run in bad odds, getting slougthered, they reform and try again, the moment we get numbers, both of you run, so yea, shut up and start dying !… This said your both better then us, so thanks for the great fights !

We don’t usually run from fights, if we do it’s to disengage and defend an objective. I know defending is still a new concept for some of the lower tiers so I won’t hold it against you for not knowing.

It amazes me how few people understand this. No, our 100 man zerg is not running from your 5 man party, you’re just not worth killing currently.

Cool so SoR players should stop telling others not to run; i think we’re done here.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

To be honest BG and SoR, you both have great organiced guilds, but both of you tuck tail and run, seriously, time and time again i see militia from TC run in bad odds, getting slougthered, they reform and try again, the moment we get numbers, both of you run, so yea, shut up and start dying !… This said your both better then us, so thanks for the great fights !

We don’t usually run from fights, if we do it’s to disengage and defend an objective. I know defending is still a new concept for some of the lower tiers so I won’t hold it against you for not knowing.

It amazes me how few people understand this. No, our 100 man zerg is not running from your 5 man party, you’re just not worth killing currently.

Cool so SoR players should stop telling others not to run; i think we’re done here.

The difference is that typically speaking. If you’re running from the SoR blob, it’s not to go defend something, because the SoR blob is what would be taking thing.

I mean, isnt that the argument you guys use: “SoR only runs 1 big map blob zerg”
Well, if that’s all we have, you’re obviously not pulling back to defend, because there’s no SoR split groups ninja’ing anything. :p

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

The difference is that typically speaking. If you’re running from the SoR blob, it’s not to go defend something, because the SoR blob is what would be taking thing.

I mean, isnt that the argument you guys use: “SoR only runs 1 big map blob zerg”
Well, if that’s all we have, you’re obviously not pulling back to defend, because there’s no SoR split groups ninja’ing anything. :p

“you’re obviously not pulling back to defend”

Oh yeah no we totally do, its just that 20-30 mixed tags cant compete with 50-60+ guild groups. Where as we’ve legitimately seen guild groups run from our larger mixed tag groups this week. The given example earlier was just SoR pulling off to defend bay, and we even made that clear in the mumble.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Oh yeah no we totally do, its just that 20-30 mixed tags cant compete with 50-60+ guild groups. Where as we’ve legitimately seen guild groups run from our larger mixed tag groups this week. The given example earlier was just SoR pulling off to defend bay, and we even made that clear in the mumble.

I never knew we have a 50-60+ guild group. o.O

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coffee.6394

Coffee.6394

a couple points i’d like to interject here as a player on tc almost from launch (i took a few months off to play rift, was kind of…. irked at this game company for catering wayyyy too much to the pve player for $$$.):

when our supply lines are being sabotaged in eb and w/e else to trolls or politics, i’m not ok with that. i’m going to speak my peace on the matter and if someone from a bigname wvw guild wants to “LOLUMADBRO” me about it, i’m going to say something about it and i am most likely going to hold the leadership of that guild accountable. you could argue that it’s just a game, whatever, is pro football just a game? hockey? people lose their cool all the time over that stuff and it’s considered pretty normal these days.

another point, related: when we have two groups on eb, one the “tagged” commander who takes all the pickups, and one a supposed elite guild, but split up when the other two servers are just blobbing, it doesn’t feel too swell for us, divided, to continually run or get rolled by the other two servers for the sake of satiating the AP hunters… that was lame.

myself, i did have a hand in raging at some people, cuz they didn’t seem interested in doing much but hurting our cause by not playing ball (and afking/effing around in spawn for hours).

TC moving down the ranks due to a couple guilds leaving? we’re gonna be just fine.

as an aside, we do tend to kind of roll BG in the field unless they bring a lot more heads… IJS.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thwomp.3912

Thwomp.3912

I just wanted to say

BELIEVEGATE <3

BG – Faboose – Ranger
BG – Thwompp – Elly
BG – Thwomp Jr – Warrior

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I never knew we have a 50-60+ guild group. o.O

I over exagerate, though we are usually out numbered 2-1 at least often when trying to defend. I dont usually see many mixed tags in SoR and BG groups on TCBL, so the guilds are running with impressive numbers, even if they arent quite so high. See more mixed tags in the BG groups though.
But dont say we dont try to defend, just because we dont have the numbers/organization to wipe you’re blobs.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

“It’s an interesting change mid season, but one that could be interesting for all parties. I think SoR for the most part now has 2 exposed timezones which BG is exploiting hard so it will be difficult for us to maintain the ppt as far as any matchup goes, but it will still be fun to fight and do what we always do. Historically SoR has always been a scrapper/grinder server so we are used to being at a significant disadvantage as we climbed up from rank 17.

As far as more EU coming to NA, I think it’s a great thing for the game as a whole but if any EU are thinking of coming to SoR, please do so with the intention of joining the community permanently. While ZD may win BG the season with the 2nd timezone exposure(SEA > EU on top of NA > OC), we are not that type of server. We would rather lose with our community and team rather than win with hired mercenaries.

That being said, we still welcome the challenge and hope everyone has fun moving forward. And also, there is no drama or hatred towards IRON, never has been and never will be. They are part of the SoR family and as always they know we have zero ppt expectations out of them as we have zero ppt expectations out of any guild on SoR. The only expectation that we have as a community is every guild gets out there and works together, fights hard, and has fun."

-Indo

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

a couple points i’d like to interject here as a player on tc almost from launch (i took a few months off to play rift, was kind of…. irked at this game company for catering wayyyy too much to the pve player for $$$.):

when our supply lines are being sabotaged in eb and w/e else to trolls or politics, i’m not ok with that. i’m going to speak my peace on the matter and if someone from a bigname wvw guild wants to “LOLUMADBRO” me about it, i’m going to say something about it and i am most likely going to hold the leadership of that guild accountable. you could argue that it’s just a game, whatever, is pro football just a game? hockey? people lose their cool all the time over that stuff and it’s considered pretty normal these days.

another point, related: when we have two groups on eb, one the “tagged” commander who takes all the pickups, and one a supposed elite guild, but split up when the other two servers are just blobbing, it doesn’t feel too swell for us, divided, to continually run or get rolled by the other two servers for the sake of satiating the AP hunters… that was lame.

myself, i did have a hand in raging at some people, cuz they didn’t seem interested in doing much but hurting our cause by not playing ball (and afking/effing around in spawn for hours).

TC moving down the ranks due to a couple guilds leaving? we’re gonna be just fine.

as an aside, we do tend to kind of roll BG in the field unless they bring a lot more heads… IJS.

Also, this is not the place to bring up guild related politics. If you have genuine concerns about how some guilds operate (and believe me, plenty of us have our gripes from time to time), its best kept to our servers forum, and not the public one.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Its a shame for ZDs they are guna become so soft because they wont be fighting anyone for a long time, giving the guys who stayed on EU the upper hand, such “talent” gone to waste..

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coffee.6394

Coffee.6394

Also, this is not the place to bring up guild related politics. If you have genuine concerns about how some guilds operate (and believe me, plenty of us have our gripes from time to time), its best kept to our servers forum, and not the public one.

yeah, no. i don’t do politics. that’s the whole point. if you have genuine concerns about how i choose to contribute to this conversation, take a number please.