JetLu.1874

Great fights in SBIBL tonight.

Indeed!

Crappy WvW player, but I try. SBI

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hamish.1384

Hamish.1384

How can ANET figure out a way to make these matchups more even? I don’t know, friends and I have thought it through and through and we cannot come up with a fair idea to ensure there are even numbers out there in WvW.

I will say, FA outnumbering us but was still very fun because they actually used some pretty neat tactics and you could tell they were well organized. Myself and I’m sure a lot of other Yak’s learned a good deal from the matchup and I’m proud of how well we did overall despite being outnumbered most of the week.

SBI is a whole different story, I don’t really see much of any tactics being displayed, despite being outnumbered 2 and sometimes 3 to 1 odds we’ve won quite a few battles however the SBI zerg is just overwhelming. What I’m really confused about, is why if we are queued up, and then get into the zone, are we still outnumbered 3 to 1. I’m thinking if we have a queue it means we have max amount of people out there but once in, that is definitely not the case.

I don’t understand the point to all of this if we are going to lose by default due to sheer numbers. Again, hats off to Yak’s, we’ve fought very well considering the odds and it is funny to see an SBI zerg of 50 running from about 30 of us with their tails between their legs.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

It was the same with us the last couple weeks, we would have a queued map, but way less people than who we were against. Then 20 minutes after an EBG group left, we would all be able to get in. It seems like there is some sort of lag, and 20 minutes is a long time in WvW, you can lose a lot.

I don’t see any way for things to be even either, unless we all fight the same servers week after week, and everyone gets bored of that. :/

[Abys]

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

We miss you to YB!

We’ll swap you out for NSP and have the best grouping in Silver.

FA/YB/BP

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Wow, Maguuma wasn’t lying about those intense siege arrays Yak’s Bend is infamous for. Think I’m gonna love learning to work those over.

Guild just transferred down here tonight, so…pretty excited to see what Silver League’s about!

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

We miss you to YB!

We’ll swap you out for NSP and have the best grouping in Silver.

FA/YB/BP

We miss you too FA! <3 I’m upset we are only against each other for one match up for the season.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: frvwfrtwo.6109

frvwfrtwo.6109

Wow, Maguuma wasn’t lying about those intense siege arrays Yak’s Bend is infamous for. Think I’m gonna love learning to work those over.

Lol we last played Maguuma like 2+ months ago lol.

BG/YB/FA/JQ – Thief Character
My Name Is Thief Charac[ter]

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Yep, and they still remember those arrow carts. They must have left quite an impression!

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas.8630

Silas.8630

So some SBI guys ([DR] I believe, but could be wrong…) saw me outside SW Garrison on YBBL last night (reset night), and threw down some Arrow Cart Blueprints… What was that about?

You guys seem to go through them a lot faster than we do so we just thought we could even the fight out a bit by donating our spare blueprints.

SBI
[DR]

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wick.1280

Wick.1280

How can ANET figure out a way to make these matchups more even? I don’t know, friends and I have thought it through and through and we cannot come up with a fair idea to ensure there are even numbers out there in WvW.

We actually thought you Yak’s would put up a better fight. We where wrong.

I will say, FA outnumbering us but was still very fun because they actually used some pretty neat tactics and you could tell they were well organized. Myself and I’m sure a lot of other Yak’s learned a good deal from the matchup and I’m proud of how well we did overall despite being outnumbered most of the week.

SBI is a whole different story, I don’t really see much of any tactics being displayed, despite being outnumbered 2 and sometimes 3 to 1 odds we’ve won quite a few battles however the SBI zerg is just overwhelming. What I’m really confused about, is why if we are queued up, and then get into the zone, are we still outnumbered 3 to 1. I’m thinking if we have a queue it means we have max amount of people out there but once in, that is definitely not the case.

You guys are getting a beat down by no tatics…leSad

I don’t understand the point to all of this if we are going to lose by default due to sheer numbers. Again, hats off to Yak’s, we’ve fought very well considering the odds and it is funny to see an SBI zerg of 50 running from about 30 of us with their tails between their legs.

(edited by Wick.1280)

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wick.1280

Wick.1280

We are beating you…simple

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Hamish.1384

I take that back, it’s like 4:1 odds right now.

Aye yay yay!

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eis.6984

Eis.6984

I suspected IoJ was in the wrong tier, but I didn’t know how wrong it was until this week. Ouch

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Guild just transferred down here tonight, so…pretty excited to see what Silver League’s about!

It’s about hilariously unequal matches and PvE heroes on the top servers coming out to “show their strength”.

Star Player
[KEK]

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Do YB and IoJ have any genuine solo roamers during oceanic times?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aluminum.6982

Aluminum.6982

I do on my thief but I am not very good yet. I had a SBI ele tar my poor asuran kitten earlyer a few times on YBBL

Corrupted Wingnut – Necro.
Or any of the Wingnut family.
(One) Yaks Bend.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: nyckolag.2394

nyckolag.2394

Almost everyone in my guild is oceanic – but we’re all bored out of our minds at this stage. Sorry, buddy.

Fellblade is best blade.
Leader and head forum barbarian for [roam]

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I suspected IoJ was in the wrong tier, but I didn’t know how wrong it was until this week. Ouch

We’d be far more on par with both your servers if people didnt leave Thursday before leagues. We probably could have won quite a few matches if those guilds hadnt left and with the amount of PvE players we’ve recruited and turned into WvWers recently.

Isle Of Janthir

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zubon.3160

Zubon.3160

You can imagine how it feels from IoJ. YB has that population disparity compared to us, then we have SBI. And then we have YB people who don’t want to fight SBI, so they fight in IoJ corner/BL. And then SBI needs to come after us to find anyone to fight.

It’s not always quite that much of a pity party, but the screenshot is relevant. As Banzie says, IoJ had a WvW population before the pre-season transfers gutted it. Now we have a Bronze WvW population and 4/7 weeks are fighting servers that could compete to get into Gold.

Attachments:

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Hamish.1384

Zubon,

I really feel for you guys. I will say, the few engagements we’ve had with IOJ when even numbers you guys are pretty decent. I enjoy fighting you guys and I wish you had more numbers to put up a better fight.

I think for Yak’s we are bringing the fight to your BL because we are trying to move around maps a lot to take what we can where/when we can for the points trying to avoid the massive SBI zerg. At least when we fight you guys its not auto-attack spamming zerg fest, seems like SBI all rolled up well necros and condi mesmers for the WvW season too. At least with you guys its a good variety of classes to fight from what I can tell.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ansilon.6230

Ansilon.6230

Five guildies and I take SBI camp. Greeted by mini SBI zerg.
Superior Blob Incoming!

Also, good fights outside SBI bay until two of your pugs decided to man cannons -.-

Imperial Outlaws [IO] ; Salad
Ansií(e) , Mesmer | Guardian | Thief

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

Zubon,

I really feel for you guys. I will say, the few engagements we’ve had with IOJ when even numbers you guys are pretty decent. I enjoy fighting you guys and I wish you had more numbers to put up a better fight.

I think for Yak’s we are bringing the fight to your BL because we are trying to move around maps a lot to take what we can where/when we can for the points trying to avoid the massive SBI zerg. At least when we fight you guys its not auto-attack spamming zerg fest, seems like SBI all rolled up well necros and condi mesmers for the WvW season too. At least with you guys its a good variety of classes to fight from what I can tell.

This league crap sucks for all of us. When I’m not waiting in some long queue (1-5 hours), I end up having to play D to avoid being rolled up in the huge zerg. Not all of us on SBI are overly happy about the amount of transfers we’ve gotten and continue to get. That being said, IoJ and YB keep doing what you do. I’ve always loved fighting you guys and hopefully when the weekend warriors are gone good fights will be had.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Hamish.1384

Zubon,

This league crap sucks for all of us. When I’m not waiting in some long queue (1-5 hours), I end up having to play D to avoid being rolled up in the huge zerg. Not all of us on SBI are overly happy about the amount of transfers we’ve gotten and continue to get. That being said, IoJ and YB keep doing what you do. I’ve always loved fighting you guys and hopefully when the weekend warriors are gone good fights will be had.

Yeah that is a good point you make, you guys can’t completely help it if someone transfers over to you guys. We were commenting in chat last night the same thing, about once the weekend ends maybe we will be able to get some better fights, of course we have our weekend warriors too so…guess we will see soon enough. Happy hunting!

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troqu.7150

Troqu.7150

I’ve been having lots of fun in the last few nights for the short time I can play. Hopefully I’ll be able to jump in and soak all the aggression for my team at least for a little bit each night going forward.

Shyyrel

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pocachubbz.1928

Pocachubbz.1928

SBI why you no come out of your tower to play with us. You only come when your commander comes with his mini zerg against 7 of us and throw a ballista down. It really made us laugh, and when he left you guys ran back in again.. =(

Attachments:

[RUN] Thief.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

There’s little point in roaming when every time you wander somewhere a zerg runs over you and dances on your corpse. I solo capped danelon yesterday and hung there for a bit and got jacked by a 20+ group from sbi who set up 2 arrow carts and a ballista, then spammed /laugh after killing me. And you wonder why we aren’t roaming much?

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Great reaction time at bay SBI, Where did you pull everyone from cause I know it wasnt from your bl. YB, or EB? Just glad we made it so far and forced you to pull so many out of other maps

now anet just needs to fix the wp system.

Isle Of Janthir

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

SBI why you no come out of your tower to play with us. You only come when your commander comes with his mini zerg against 7 of us and throw a ballista down. It really made us laugh, and when he left you guys ran back in again.. =(

Fighting you there would pretty quickly turn to spawn camping.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pocachubbz.1928

Pocachubbz.1928

Fighting you there would pretty quickly turn to spawn camping.

Your assuming we died……

Ps. we didn’t.

[RUN] Thief.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Good fights against SBI in SBI BL for the last hour, could handle the 5 v 8 a few times but once it was a constant 5 v 12-15 it became stale.

Shout out to the [AW] rangers aswell, would love to fight you guys 1v1 on my ranger but shout out to mainly credit you guys for always upgrading your towers/camps, hope your server values your work.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Garnet Star.9380

Garnet Star.9380

Some technical difficulties to start the match for sure, although they worked out for me. I can’ t remember the last time I made it on to EB for reset. Last night, I was treading water in PvE like most reset nights, hoping for some miracle to cause my queue to pop. I got the black screen bug and had to restart. Re-queued and my friend and I who’d been queued since reset got into EB in less than a minute.

To the BEAST commander on EB (Al, IIRC), two things:
1. Dude, you rock!
2. You might want to switch to decaf.

Ah yes that was our fearless leader, Alkmst. Hes one of the best commanders i know, but he can get overly excited when it comes to battles. (especially fun in out manned battles)
If you thought that his driving was energetic in EB, it really wasn’t. You should join us in our TS channel when we are roaming as a group. That’s when your ears will bleed.

Stormbluff Isle Bronze Legend
Too Kitten [BÆST]

(edited by Garnet Star.9380)

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Amurond.4590

There’s little point in roaming when every time you wander somewhere a zerg runs over you and dances on your corpse. I solo capped danelon yesterday and hung there for a bit and got jacked by a 20+ group from sbi who set up 2 arrow carts and a ballista, then spammed /laugh after killing me. And you wonder why we aren’t roaming much?

Yeah sorry I don’t have any sympathy for you. Getting run over the top of by superior numbers is nothing new for any server, it just happens on different scales (solo vs group, group vs zerg, etc). Yet to find more than two people who don’t run and hug friends 1v1 with no other SBI in sight. I purposely stay away from the zerg, maybe that’s the problem. I should just join them and /dance on corpses as I steamroll people 3:1 so I can be on the delivering end for a change.

(edited by Amurond.4590)

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I think SBI will beat YB but only due to coverage. It will be a close one for you guys. YB is probably #3 in Silver by the end of the 7 weeks.

Well i thought this match would be a bit closer, but obviously the SBI numbers are swelling with fairweathers.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

I think SBI will beat YB but only due to coverage. It will be a close one for you guys. YB is probably #3 in Silver by the end of the 7 weeks.

Well i thought this match would be a bit closer, but obviously the SBI numbers are swelling with fairweathers.

That and theres been talk of them getting more xfers recently cause people dont give a kitten about leagues anymore.
(Dont know if true rumors or false ones)

Isle Of Janthir

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Orion.3812

Orion.3812

Good fights against SBI in SBI BL for the last hour, could handle the 5 v 8 a few times but once it was a constant 5 v 12-15 it became stale.

Shout out to the [AW] rangers aswell, would love to fight you guys 1v1 on my ranger but shout out to mainly credit you guys for always upgrading your towers/camps, hope your server values your work.

Hi! I’m the blue and white [AW] ranger with Cobalt that was tagged up around the time of your post. You’re welcome to check to see if I’m around when you’re looking for duels, and I’ll accommodate if time allows.

Co-leader of [FOX] Zero Given. http://fox.servegame.com

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Amurond.4590

That and theres been talk of them getting more xfers recently cause people dont give a kitten about leagues anymore.

Yeah we’ve had a few guilds transfer to SBI since week 1 of leagues.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

Welp… I found a GIF that perfectly sums up how I see SBI zergs when I have the misfortune of running into them

Attachments:

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Welp… I found a GIF that perfectly sums up how I see SBI zergs when I have the misfortune of running into them

Surprised you havent been Buns approved yet with your fantastic sue of Gifs.

Isle Of Janthir

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Asami.3572

Surprised you havent been Buns approved yet with your fantastic sue of Gifs.

The Buns are my friends so it’s implied already I guess xD

BG

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

We’d be far more on par with both your servers if people didnt leave Thursday before leagues. We probably could have won quite a few matches if those guilds hadnt left and with the amount of PvE players we’ve recruited and turned into WvWers recently.

Yep, those are the true bandwagon guilds. Once they knew that the league would be 6, 9, 9, and knew IoJ wasn’t gonna get first, they bolted (core being the true bandwagon heading to FA).

But, that is their right, and I hope they are enjoying their new homes.

I feel sorry for you, IoJ, and how you have to suffer in silver league. When it is over, atleast you will have some good matches with the bronze league servers.

Try to enjoy the rest of the week, IoJ, and the rest of the season. Sadly, you have to face FA twice.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

Maybe they are coming to use from SoR, cause man…that server has been getting hammered the past 2 weeks. Lost by 80k last week, and BG looks like they will roll them by more than 150k this week.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

So decided to lvl Artificing for ascended weapons, storm, woot =D lovely money!

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

lol, so random on the WvW forum. But, since nothing is really happening in WvW, I think we do need to find something interesting to talk about.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Asami.3572

Let’s discuss how to train a dog to do this! O_O points to GIF

BG

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

lol, so random on the WvW forum. But, since nothing is really happening in WvW, I think we do need to find something interesting to talk about.

oh sorry, so i was fighting then SBI zerg…..not as interesting

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

Let’s discuss how to train a dog to do this! O_O points to GIF

I do wonder that.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

Good fights tonight TE/DR – really wish you wouldn’t duo blob our 20 guys tonight though. :[

A rough off night for us when we were mean’t to enjoy our british night with rifles!

[One]

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: laneie.8073

laneie.8073

Good Fights tonight with glob on sbi bl =)

Laneie SBI (CALM) Before the storm . aka Gwens party pants

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Great fights in SBIBL tonight.

We are enjoying them too, but we are severely outnumbered in there. You have like a 50 man zerg roaming, its crazy sauce! You guys have more coverage than FA for sure, not sure if you yet have the coordination that they have, but you definitely have the numbers.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: PolishSausage.1279

PolishSausage.1279

All I’m gonna say is that some of the best encounters I’ve had this week so far against YB and IoJ are the ones that didn’t involve cowardly Thieves.