11/1: SoR/BG/SoS (Gold League Round 3)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The only match up that matters is your 1v1 against JQ in week 5.

If you win, you win the league. Even if SoR and JQ double team you in week 7 and force you to finish last, you’d still win the league with 31 points vs 29 points for JQ.

If you lose, you’re going to finish second. After this whole fiasco there is no way that SoR/JQ does not double team you in week 7. You guys are good but you’re not good enough to stop 160 players on every map.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

If you win, you win the league. Even if SoR and JQ double team you in week 7 and force you to finish last, you’d still win the league with 31 points vs 29 points for JQ.

If you lose, you’re going to finish second. After this whole fiasco there is no way that SoR/JQ does not double team you in week 7. You guys are good but you’re not good enough to stop 160 players on every map.

I’m really excited about this double team week 7. Regardless if it matters for BG or not it will be a blast.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I’m really excited about this double team week 7. Regardless if it matters for BG or not it will be a blast.

Bookmarked for future reference

in Match-ups

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Round 4 11/8 thru 11/15
League Red Blue Green
Gold Maguuma Blackgate Sanctum of Rall

So, we gonna call it now……..Winner————-> BG

4 easy weeks so far….dang BG has it so hard.

in Match-ups

MaLeVoLenT.8129

You think I’m one to complain about a double team?

Mad King Mal -Rev

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

That would be silly on your part, making statements like that. Wouldn’kitten

in Match-ups

MaLeVoLenT.8129

It would be if I didn’t mean it. I think BG is use to the hardcore double team. However, it hasn’t happened to us in a while. It would be interesting to see how we do when it’s planned out so far in advance

Mad King Mal -Rev

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

It would be if I didn’t mean it. I think BG is use to the hardcore double team. However, it hasn’t happened to us in a while. It would be interesting to see how we do when it’s planned out so far in advance

Buy more guilds so you are have 4 queues 24/7?

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

MaLeVoLenT.8129

How much for TW & IRON?

Mad King Mal -Rev

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

9001g ofc !

ps Ty for the awesome long duel [OnS] mesmer on BG BL, I wish i have more dps

in Match-ups

Posted by: Requiral.7689

Requiral.7689

How much for TW & IRON?

TW is prone to losing EB keep, I wouldn’t offer them anything

:D

Requiral

I Swear She Was Eighteen [Gwen]

in Match-ups

Posted by: eternalpyre.2538

eternalpyre.2538

Look, an EP guy, this must mean SoS had a massive 90 man blob, Just like 3 TW = a blob

Right?!?! >.>

LOL even on troll posts TW outnumber EP 3:1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I’m not on BG, but is still don’t get the BG hate. We all know wvw is a coverage war and BG played the meta better then the rest of us. Grats to them.

at this point all we can do is hope Anet reviews it, sees that PPT is kitten and does something about it. I know you can’t fix coverage or population but things can be done to stop servers from getting an insurmountable lead because they are ticking 500 PPT uncontested for hours.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Match-ups

Posted by: eternalpyre.2538

eternalpyre.2538

I’m not on BG, but is still don’t get the BG hate. We all know wvw is a coverage war and BG played the meta better then the rest of us. Grats to them.

at this point all we can do is hope Anet reviews it, sees that PPT is kitten and does something about it. I know you can’t fix coverage or population but things can be done to stop servers from getting an insurmountable lead because they are ticking 500 PPT uncontested for hours.

SoR is just obsessed with winning just like TW only wants GvG that they know they’ll win for sure.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

SoR is just obsessed with winning just like TW only wants GvG that they know they’ll win for sure.

more obsessed with fights to get the most enjoyment, but BGs seems to sit behind t3 walls with ACs

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irony.5203

Irony.5203

Honestly this is a great point. In early 2012 everyone thought it would be about having the best players on at the right times. It quickly changed into a server “stacking” or gap covering meta hellbent on clustering offtime players on your server while keeping your NA competitive.

It hasn’t been about fighting in many many months, its just who has the highest average number of players, which is then followed by who can make them the most mobile and effective on a map.

Irony Torzung – [US] Blackgate
Blackgatewvw.com – Website Administrator
1st Generation War Council Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The real answer as given by Anet is that nothing can be done about it.

To give special treatment to players who play at a certain time of day would be a big middle finger to the other.

The only thing you can do is… Deal with it.

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

How much for TW & IRON?

Dunno about them, but I’ve two mature oaks and a dozen fruit trees worth of leaves in need of raking…..

in Match-ups

MaLeVoLenT.8129

How much for TW & IRON?

Dunno about them, but I’ve two mature oaks and a dozen fruit trees worth of leaves in need of raking…..

I hate raking leaves the price is too much for Blackgates war chest no deal.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in Match-ups

Samhayn.2385

To give special treatment to players who play at a certain time of day would be a big middle finger to the other.

horse kitten answer. You could shift PPT to a points per capture/kill/defend system. During off hours for you server yeah a server with better coverage will capture 95% of everything. This will give them a boost in points but since they only get it for the capture it won’t keep ticking away. The out manned servers can then concentrait on taking what they can hold and then defend those points. This wont fix coverage or population but it makes it less of a big deal and gives more servers a fighting chance.

I play on SoR just for full discloser.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

The league itself has been kinda… something. The best outcome would be for it to come down to that last match, otherwise the last 2 weeks are pretty boring/meaningless. We’ll do our best to win vs BG. We’re resting up; we’re getting ready. Regardless of the outcome, however, we will be out there fighting until the last possible moment. Deny JQ access to SoR or BG for too long, and we get super cranky and out for blood.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

horse kitten answer. You could shift PPT to a points per capture/kill/defend system. During off hours for you server yeah a server with better coverage will capture 95% of everything. This will give them a boost in points but since they only get it for the capture it won’t keep ticking away. The out manned servers can then concentrait on taking what they can hold and then defend those points. This wont fix coverage or population but it makes it less of a big deal and gives more servers a fighting chance.

The closest thing we have to that is ppt on stomp the pre-nerf version and ANET decided to change it….BG players tried to put up a fight but not many come joining us.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Samhayn.2385

Isn’t that what WvW is now, I mean with the introduction of bloodlust you are awarded for kills and ppt is a product of you capturing and defending. The only way of stopping coverage being an issue is to stop it being a 24/7 game, which won’t happen as it would punish people that don’t have thier primetime then.

no its not what wvw is right now. In the system I propose you get the most points well fighting and defending when the battle ebbs and flows. In the current points on a timer system you get the most points when no one is there to fight you.

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

How much for TW & IRON?

I hate raking leaves the price is too much for Blackgates war chest no deal.

Me too
When that Nigerian prince pays up first thing I’m doing is installing astroturf and a few of them camouflaged cell towers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

HB will be on SoS bl tonight in EU and EST, and invite other guilds to come join a night of tagless guild roaming.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

SOR +95. BG +520

What happened to all the big talk about holding down BG garrison etc, etc….

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

So what guilds are BG planning on buying before reset on Friday to “even up” their coverage when facing Mag?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Samhayn.2385

SOR +95. BG +520

thanks for making my point.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

The league itself has been kinda… something. The best outcome would be for it to come down to that last match, otherwise the last 2 weeks are pretty boring/meaningless. We’ll do our best to win vs BG. We’re resting up; we’re getting ready. Regardless of the outcome, however, we will be out there fighting until the last possible moment. Deny JQ access to SoR or BG for too long, and we get super cranky and out for blood.

I expect that match to be all out war. At minimum, it’ll probably be the 2nd best match in gold league of the season I expect. Also, as you say, it has the chance to set up a pretty interesting week 7. Much is still unknown at this point and I’m pretty excited to see how it all plays out.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

SOR +95. BG +520

From what your post for a better WvW explained, you mean to tell me that right now it’s SoR’s off hours lol?

I mean, from your post, you want to decrease the points other servers get during their primetime which is what your plan will do and reduce the losses servers take during their off hours.

BG LA Best LA !!!

(edited by DKNS.2135)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

SOR +95. BG +520

ZDs fighting doors.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irony.5203

Irony.5203

So what guilds are BG planning on buying before reset on Friday to “even up” their coverage when facing Mag?

Is that an offer :P

Irony Torzung – [US] Blackgate
Blackgatewvw.com – Website Administrator
1st Generation War Council Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

From what your post for a better WvW explained, you mean to tell me that right now it’s SoR’s off hours lol?

I mean, from your post, you want to decrease the points other servers get during their primetime which is what your plan will do and reduce the losses servers take during their off hours.

What he’s suggesting is, instead of ticks of 15 minutes, change it to whenever someone successfully take a camp/tower/keep (or defend/kill people), points will be added. It would discourage people doing small ops during off-time though, since if A server doesn’t cap anything, B server won’t get any points, and the scores will be pretty close (or actually exactly the same if some structure gets flipped back and forth).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I expect that match to be all out war. At minimum, it’ll probably be the 2nd best match in gold league of the season I expect. Also, as you say, it has the chance to set up a pretty interesting week 7. Much is still unknown at this point and I’m pretty excited to see how it all plays out.

I’ve said this elsewhere, but I want it recorded for posterity as much as possible before the QQ’s start in week 5 that Sea of Sorrows is not picking a side in the JQ-BG matchup.
All our commanders and guilds have complete autonomy and can fight whoever they want; but no one is advocating picking a side and we do not want the months of QQ that we picked one over the other.

PS: We are really resisting the urge to start a bidding war, but that would not be fair since SoR sounds so convinced that BG already spent the GDP of a small African nation on ZDs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

You are late to the conversation, but it’s well established that if AON ever decides to move that SoS gets first bid.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

you mean to tell me that right now it’s SoR’s off hours lol?

Yes

SEA ended 90 minutes ago, Euro doesn’t start for another 30 minutes.

This is the 2 hour window that ZDs PvDoors.

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

It’s 7pm in central EU so, you need to wait at least two hours before UK prime starts.
We, as havoc guild, normally don’t start before 9m because of work/uni and stuff.
I wouldn’t expect Iron showing up in force in about an hour, more two or three hours.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

You are late to the conversation, but it’s well established that if AON ever decides to move that SoS gets first bid.

I will say 0 gold is easily outbid but what can never be outbid is the undying love we provide you on SoS.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

It’s 7pm in central EU so, you need to wait at least two hours before UK prime starts.
We, as havoc guild, normally don’t start before 9m because of work/uni and stuff.
I wouldn’t expect Iron showing up in force in about an hour, more two or three hours.

Real hardcore player would start 30 min after work and would eat while playing.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I’d rather be double teamed all week (giggity) than pvdoor all week like we’ve been doing recently. Bring it on I guess.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Gratz on the golden doylak BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Psssh. Nothing is certain, particularly in a 3 sided game format.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Samhayn.2385

SOR +95. BG +520

that’s not what I said at all. Thou it has been suggested before and I have disagreed with that. I never once said NA prime time should give more points for a cap. A cap is a cap no matter when it happens. The recurring points that you get for “holding”(quotes because your not really do anything but letting it tick points well no defending it) has to go away.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

Thanks bro.

BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Ok, so I’m curious. Can someone break down the times more closely for me, the time change has messed me up on where exactly the Oceanic SEA and EU start and end.

I realize Russia covers an area linking SEA to EU, but there’s also massive overlap. I consider about 7 to 12 local time to be an area’s “primetime”. NA has an 8 hour primetime, East coast 7pm, to west coast 12pm. Though honestly as gamers many of us push it to 1am so 6 hours is a maybe, but a stretch.

Before time change, I considered 1am west coast, or server time, to be the start of oceanic. If I pushed kitten a night and commanded through to SEA I’d have to wait till 4am until I started seeing SEA commanders tag up, and that may be a little early for them. So if you add 5 hours to that, we are talking around 9am when SEA should start getting late.

Working backwards, 4pm west coast is when East coast prime starts (7pm on east coast) and would be late of EU. (I know Brazil gets to fit in there and I think one of us has a decent Brazil guild, or used to). So hack 5 to 6 hours off that and your talking 11am to 10am west coast.

Is this the magic window we are talking about 9am west coast (server time) to 10-11am?

Again I realize that with the recent time change, it may be all off an hours if we are comparing to West coast, but I think server time remains unchanged.

EDIT: I realize this is pretty simplistic. I know that Austrialia has an east and west coast, that SEA starts on different timezones and runs for the 5 hours local time, and that there are more than 1 EU timezone. However, this would only seem to increase gradual coverage from guilds into something that’s hard to define on a specific hour every day.

(edited by JaredKincade.9761)

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Ok, so I’m curious. Can someone break down the times more closely for me, the time change has messed me up on where exactly the Oceanic SEA and EU start and end.

I realize Russia covers an area linking SEA to EU, but there’s also massive overlap. I consider about 7 to 12 local time to be an area’s “primetime”. NA has an 8 hour primetime, East coast 7pm, to west coast 12pm. Though honestly as gamers many of us push it to 1am so 6 hours is a maybe, but a stretch.

Before time change, I considered 1am west coast, or server time, to be the start of oceanic. If I pushed kitten a night and commanded through to SEA I’d have to wait till 4am until I started seeing SEA commanders tag up, and that may be a little early for them. So if you add 5 hours to that, we are talking around 9am when SEA should start getting late.

Working backwards, 4pm west coast is when East coast prime starts (7pm on east coast) and would be late of EU. (I know Brazil gets to fit in there and I think one of us has a decent Brazil guild, or used to). So hack 5 to 6 hours off that and your talking 11am to 10am west coast.

Is this the magic window we are talking about 9am west coast (server time) to 10-11am?

Again I realize that with the recent time change, it may be all off an hours if we are comparing to West coast, but I think server time remains unchanged.

Basically when ZD logged on with 60+ members, it was about an hour after OCX and an hour before EU, so ZD gotta do whatever they want with no resistance, notably flipping all T3 and raise PPT gap by 2k

This is what most of us meant when one guild completely turns the tide of the battle

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Basically when ZD logged on with 60+ members, it was about an hour after OCX and an hour before EU, so ZD gotta do whatever they want with no resistance, notably flipping all T3 and raise PPT gap by 2k

This is what most of us meant when one guild completely turns the tide of the battle

Yes, but isn’t after Oceanic and before EU exactly where SEA is? All the Asian guilds? I know SOR has guilds that don’t speak English, that cover after Oceanic and before EU.

Basically anyone who speaks Russian, or Mandarin, or Korean fit into that “After Oceanic and before EU” zone.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

After this whole fiasco there is no way that SoR/JQ does not double team you in week 7. You guys are good but you’re not good enough to stop 160 players on every map.

But wouldn’t that just hand the crown to JQ?

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Yes, but isn’t after Oceanic and before EU exactly where SEA is? All the Asian guilds? I know SOR has guilds that don’t speak English, that cover after Oceanic and before EU.

Basically anyone who speaks Russian, or Mandarin, or Korean fit into that “After Oceanic and before EU” zone.

OCX = SEA right

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jizmak.1489

Jizmak.1489

I hardly ever post, however I felt the need and had a couple things to say.

First… I agree with the above statement. Bring it, Just Bring it. It will give us a challange of epic proportion to test and hone our skills and coordination upon. I love BG, the spirit of community and teamwork IMO is second to none, and this type of challange is welcome.

Second… When did this become a tabloid magazine thread? This weeks thread is mostly rubbish. I thought that what we did was come out for a good time, find good fights, and be competitive. I see no reason for any server, including BG, to thump chests, be rude, or for any reason be a poor sport.

While all guilds have rivals, or guilds that they are not so fond of, I can tell you its not because those guilds are trash. There is a reason that people are looking to fight IRON, TW, Agg, and many many more(if i didn’t say your name, its not that i don’t acknowledge other guilds)…. It’s because you are good guilds, and bring good fights, anyone who says different is just trolling. BG has those same type of guilds as well. Lets get back to what is fun, and get true competition going again.

Reel this thread back in. Thank you to all the rival server guilds who still bring it every day. To you…. I tip my hat.

Cheers

Battle Commander – [JINX]