11/15 JQ/ SOS/ BG (Gold Season Match 5)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

oh come on … JQ really has no right to complain …

when you bought MERC …. you pvded like every night until season started lmao

And this is why we hate BG

Who are we?

Do you represent a server? A guild? A Group of JQ investors?

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

(edited by Cod on Cod.3694)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

We are just chilling in here and some BG guys has gotta come in and ruin it, jeez

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7364

Gilgamesh.7364

We are just chilling in here and some BG guys has gotta come in and ruin it, jeez

Attachments:

In WvWvW, there will always be 1 winner & 2 losers.

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

I’m not sure how to respond to this

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

Sorry….

Sorry there’s been a misunderstanding amongst BG ppl. We will not be opening Cristal coz the hip-hop community bought the entire US supply for use as props in their videos.

We will be celebrating with this instead:
http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx/Spirits/Brandy/Cognac/Remy-Martin/Remy-Martin-Cognac-Louis-XIII/1587

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

in Match-ups

Serkz.3140

Let me add that we have bought enough to invite all of our Tier 1 friends to celebrate with us. But please no strippers. This is a wholesome event.

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Let me add that we have bought enough to invite all of our Tier 1 friends to celebrate with us. But please no strippers. This is a wholesome event.

Charr strippers are cheap though

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sparks.3275

Sparks.3275

Who are we?

I lol’d

[KnT] Voltexx
[KnT] Kid Trunks
Blackgate since Beta

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

As Merc transfered over your server had his timeout week. So you are right you got destroyed, but that had nothing to do with Merc transfering over, but you not showing up – as your own people stated.

You got EE and PLX in exchange for Merc. I think we got the better deal, because Merc and it’s commanders is worth a lot more than EE and PLX, because they haven’t skilled deep into ragequitting and complaining traits.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Oh come on shut the hell up about buying/ transferring guild it’s already over can’t we just talk about something else

in Match-ups

Serkz.3140

Ok fine, you can sneak a few Charr strippers as long as they’re parked at the jumping puzzle cave entrance in LA. Norn grandmothers are cheaper than Charr but I understand that a few of us have a kitten fetish.

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Ok fine, you can sneak a few Charr strippers as long as they’re parked at the jumping puzzle cave entrance in LA. Norn grandmothers are cheaper than Charr but I understand that a few of us have a kitten fetish.

Let’s be honest who doesn’t have kitten fetish?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.9124

Fade.9124

i really think everyone needs to stop looking at what BG has done and start thinking about what we/they are going to do. Even if ZD goes back this is BG’s MO and by winning season 1, you can expect the same going forward. Rinse and repeat. There will be plenty of other guilds or transfers to be had if this is necessary.

The question is what are all the other gold league servers going to do to get better, get more coverage and be able to compete moving forward. Because let’s face it, it was close for a couple of days but really this BG steamrolling with little or no resistance, especially during certain time zones like right now when they are ticking for 350-400 for hours. Really, the season was over before it even started.

I realize things might change between season 1 and season 2 but BG is not going to change their gameplan, it’s really up to the rest of us to adapt, adjust or die..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

&coming into leagues BG was the underdog as stated by both SoR and JQ before Week 1.

Care to bring up those posts? I’d love to see your claims justified. :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Wow, the crying got strong after things went South.

It’s not like this is the first time that BG outcoveraged JQ to win. Is the Golden Dolyak finisher really worth the embarrassing spectacle?
Is it worth anymore than the Dolyak finishers you’ll see from FA or HoD players? (not that we’re likely to see HoD anytime soon)

Maybe being on a server that had no expectations going into this was a boon; but I don’t see how the gloating and/or complaining is worth the dignity of either BG or JQ. (with full knowledge that the posters do not represent either as a whole)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Force.2841

Force.2841

&coming into leagues BG was the underdog as stated by both SoR and JQ before Week 1.

You missed all the prediction threads where people claimed BG didn’t have a chance and that it was JQ vs SoR? I don’t even know why they said BG was dead, where do people get their info from?

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

i really think everyone needs to stop looking at what BG has done and start thinking about what we/they are going to do. Even if ZD goes back this is BG’s MO and by winning season 1, you can expect the same going forward. Rinse and repeat. There will be plenty of other guilds or transfers to be had if this is necessary.

The question is what are all the other gold league servers going to do to get better, get more coverage and be able to compete moving forward. Because let’s face it, it was close for a couple of days but really this BG steamrolling with little or no resistance, especially during certain time zones like right now when they are ticking for 350-400 for hours. Really, the season was over before it even started.

I realize things might change between season 1 and season 2 but BG is not going to change their gameplan, it’s really up to the rest of us to adapt, adjust or die..

Good summary but I think once the next new MMO hits that is right around the corner (we all know what that is), the tiers are going to take a huge cataclysmic shift so I doubt anyone cares at this point what BG will do in the next few months when a mass exodus of players leave to try out the shiny new toy which will most likely include a sizeable chunk of the BG player base as well.

That said, in regards to imbalanced servers, more power to em. However it’s also the reason why I have a lot of respect for guilds like TW back in the day of JQ dominance. They could have stayed back, rode the JQ gravy train during the prime of their PPT existence, chest pumped loudly on the forums but instead they transferred off to a server at that time whom never won a gold (1st place) medal. Am sure there are other guilds (players) who did same but they are few and far between.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

SR you guys want some untagged action on SoS bl tonight?

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

Wow, the crying got strong after things went South.

It’s not like this is the first time that BG outcoveraged JQ to win. Is the Golden Dolyak finisher really worth the embarrassing spectacle?
Is it worth anymore than the Dolyak finishers you’ll see from FA or HoD players? (not that we’re likely to see HoD anytime soon)

Maybe being on a server that had no expectations going into this was a boon; but I don’t see how the gloating and/or complaining is worth the dignity of either BG or JQ. (with full knowledge that the posters do not represent either as a whole)

To be fair Chris, the thread has kind of been a chain reaction. Everything seemed fine with the bread jokes etc… till SoR people came here to crash the party with the trolls. I’ve noticed the BG gloating came when that happened and the people doing it directed it towards JQ because said SoR people don’t have signatures to be able to distinguish them. (I don’t know how people haven’t noticed it, but the names doing the talking from SoR are obvious from the past match threads where they were upset there and you can even tell it by their post history.) JQ hadn’t said much of anything till those BG gloating responses (which were poorly directed on our part) hit save a few people. In summary: SoR → BG → JQ.

I think if anyone is going to complain/gloat over anyone you should be directing it where it belongs to the SoR people that are here. They trolled the drama up to get reactions out of people so they should be receiving it. Everything was perfectly fine till this. :/

Thanks to the SoS people whom have remained fairly quiet.

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

So is JQ going to be nice and let SoR tie for second seat in the next 2 matches?

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Serkz.3140

Sigh, I guess a few of our BG server mates missed the memo asking them to refrain from gloating on here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

BeeGee <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

As a commander on JQ that has avoided WvW until last week to brush up on game play, I am glad that BG came out to play. I have field respect for all the teams on BG for one main reason. When they run, it’s not every engagement, there is an actual reasoning why they have to run. BG will actually fight and tussle with you, this is regardless if they outnumber you, equal in numbers, or even lower in numbers. They give just about as many F’s as we do when it comes to the open field play. I hope this week shows an example to the other educating team leads as myself on JQ that the words I preached in regards to educating the masses that it is a maintain thing, not just an every so often thing

Thank you guys for making the game exciting for myself and my squad. We were scraping anything we could for fights the last few weeks, even running our own internal sPvP tournaments to get some good PvP in. Expect to see me out tonight on a random Bordlerland. If you see Jedbacca.6297 online in your buddy lists, I’ll be running whoever follows me in to the largest teams you guys got, including SoS so I can call out people that are rallybots and to go uninstall as usual.

Good matchup all!

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snipey.6937

Snipey.6937

I fought a bunch of times with a BG commander this morning, busy trying to take out our siege over the course of an hour atop SMC. What skill tree has flight so I can even it out a bit?

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

So is JQ going to be nice and let SoR tie for second seat in the next 2 matches?

One would argue that if SoR is so weakened that JQ could manipulate the match to such a degree to allow TC to surpass them, then maybe they should (not that I approve of such measures, but I think you are grossly overestimating JQ and underestimating SoR)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I fought a bunch of times with a BG commander this morning, busy trying to take out our siege over the course of an hour atop SMC. What skill tree has flight so I can even it out a bit?

Meh, I hate that this stuff happens, no matter the server. A couple of comments for what it’s worth. I’ve never seen this guild tag before, and of course anyone can buy a commander tag. It’s certainly not someone who normally drives a map. Also, the Soldier rank tells me this is not a regular WvW player.

Anyhoo, I hope it goes without saying that BG condemns this kind of garbage, but also can’t control everyone. My apologies nonetheless.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

It’s right next to the “bg’s imploding” posts.

Here is one. There are a few more just like this

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Blackgate-VS-Sanctum-Of-Rall-Gold-1st/first

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

One would argue that if SoR is so weakened that JQ could manipulate the match to such a degree to allow TC to surpass them, then maybe they should (not that I approve of such measures, but I think you are grossly overestimating JQ and underestimating SoR)

The only way that can happen is if JQ and TC could push SoR to 3rd and I highly doubt they could. SoR may be weaker then in the past but they are by no means weak.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

@Chris Assuming Blackgate wins this week and clinches the win, the best out come would be JQ 2nd SoR/TC tie for 3rd and SoS/Mag tie for 4th. At least to maximize rewards across the board.

That would require SoS to take 3rd in either week 6 or 7 while mag takes 2nd (In 1 of those matches). JQ to beat SoR next week and SoR to get 3rd in week 7.

Match manipulation would most likely be required but who knows maybe not.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Serkz.3140

You missed all the prediction threads where people claimed BG didn’t have a chance and that it was JQ vs SoR? I don’t even know why they said BG was dead, where do people get their info from?

I’ve attached screenies of the posts I think Gilgamesh and Force were referring to. I’m actually burned out of the league and miss the pre-season T1.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Jeydra wasn’t even on BG before the league. He clearly has no clue what is the main factor of players influx in wvw after the league started.
I don’t care if he helped to build sieges or whatever, most of us know how to do that. I want to see him get out of BG to some server which is not stacked and I will pay fully for him. A small dose of toxin might not rot the community but the side effect is unpleasant and disgusting.

Great. You know my ID (Jeydra.4386). I have 319 gems at the moment. Send me the balance and I’ll immediately transfer off.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

if not you will be considered an upleveld pug which will be sent back to kessex-queensdale champ farm run.

Hey! I’ll have you know I can do the kessex-queensdale champ farm in 12 parsecs.

(edited by Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

I’m not arguing for which server is stronger or weaker. It’s possible for both JQ and SoR to work it out to end week 7 with 25 points each.

End of Week 6 JQ@19 +5 gets to 24 points, SoR@17 +3 gets 20 points.
End of Week 7 JQ@24 +1 gets to 25 points, SoR@20 +5 gets to 25 points

The question is are JQ and SoR willing to work it out for the next 2 weeks?

This also gives TC 3rd seat.

-KNT- BG

(edited by Krakah.3582)

in Match-ups

Serkz.3140

As a commander on JQ that has avoided WvW until last week to brush up on game play, I am glad that BG came out to play. I have field respect for all the teams on BG for one main reason. When they run, it’s not every engagement, there is an actual reasoning why they have to run. BG will actually fight and tussle with you, this is regardless if they outnumber you, equal in numbers, or even lower in numbers. They give just about as many F’s as we do when it comes to the open field play. I hope this week shows an example to the other educating team leads as myself on JQ that the words I preached in regards to educating the masses that it is a maintain thing, not just an every so often thing

Thank you guys for making the game exciting for myself and my squad. We were scraping anything we could for fights the last few weeks, even running our own internal sPvP tournaments to get some good PvP in. Expect to see me out tonight on a random Bordlerland. If you see Jedbacca.6297 online in your buddy lists, I’ll be running whoever follows me in to the largest teams you guys got, including SoS so I can call out people that are rallybots and to go uninstall as usual.

Good matchup all!

I’ll take you up on your offer as it sounds like a lot of fun!!! You seem to have a cool attitude…but please go easy on the rallybots especially if they’re condi build long bow ranger uplevels. Poor things have feelings too but get no love.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Daniel Warren.4968

Daniel Warren.4968

I don’t even know how y’all operate in blob battles. In the giant zerg v zerg matchups I can hardly use 1. Even if I’m nowhere near the fight my skill lag increases about 200%, and this is a pretty decent fiber optic connection. My favorite lag death so far was falling off a cliff, wandering all around the edges, and finding a door before the server realized the fall killed me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

I think more people are upset and bring up ZD’s transfer over MERC or any other guild is because of the timing. MERC transfer happened a week before league?

I don’t agree. The drama round MERC’s transfer was very real. But it hasn’t been mentioned much in this thread because it’s been covered previously. Tark will bring it up every now and again, and I’ll look up some screenshots and respond, but it’s done.

One difference between the two, is that the MERC recruitment was from two directly competing servers. It had a double effect, taking away from BG’s coverage and adding it to JQs. The PPT results were devastating, although mitigated to an extent over time as the community rebuilt itself. It’s like taking an objective from JQ over SoS. A SoS tower gives you 10 PPT. A JQ tower effectively gives you 20 PPT (+10 to you, -10 to them).

Personally, I don’t have an issue with the idea of server recruitment. It strikes me as a valid part of the meta. It’s like an extremely dumbed down EvE, but still adds a strategic level to server politics. Of course, it also impacts on queues and the ability to get your guild into BLs/EBs as a cohesive force but that’s part of the consideration for that server’s leadership. Others will disagree.

[edit: fixed formatting]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

So, BG gonna open the champagne soon?

Given the standard of posting from some of them I think they already have and drunk the lot….

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

But that was only because BG was taking it easy that week right? Do you live in a vacuum and not read any other posts?…

Anyway, who is complaining? oh look its the guy above me, shall I link your posts?

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

Who are we?

Who wants to know?

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

Stei knows all about those… (in server joke TM)

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

ZaDrots guild is recruiting Russian / English and gibberish speaking players

Apply @ zadrots.ru

And yes everything you read @ this forums is true. By the way we are responsible for US government shutdown earlier this year as well.

Typhoon Haiyan in my country.

Russian superweapons.

It all makes sense now….

Ah… so Now I know who is responsible for no polar bears with Santa hats in North Pole.

.. and I think people just complain because it was last major transfer to a big 3 but early enough to have impact. So MERC 1 week prior, and WvW … was washed by most recent news. Now no one cares. And still talk about it like it’s cool fad. You know the type… still rocking the tie dye sleeveless top, pants as big as mc hammer, rockin a mullets. “Like dood, did ya hear bout that massive russian army that BG bought, it’s like as big as there country, I hear they flew them out to play in US networks too on someone’s massive warrior chest”

“Musta been big”

“Huge”

=D

… I think everyone should just be happy to have had some diversity in their fights. Stale isn’t always ideal, this season brought all servers (I’m certain top 6 happy) some fun each week. I enjoyed battling each of your massive blobbidee blobs, as well as some of your blob busters. Had a great time and 2 more weeks to help others get there metas done.

Attachments:

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snipey.6937

Snipey.6937

Meh, I hate that this stuff happens, no matter the server. A couple of comments for what it’s worth. I’ve never seen this guild tag before, and of course anyone can buy a commander tag. It’s certainly not someone who normally drives a map. Also, the Soldier rank tells me this is not a regular WvW player.

Anyhoo, I hope it goes without saying that BG condemns this kind of garbage, but also can’t control everyone. My apologies nonetheless.

It ended up not being a serious problem, it was more amusing to me how they had the pin on and how erratic the flying looked. I tried to convey as much sarcasm as possible.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

Everyone hates us, why would we be nice?

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Luxon.1389
I think more people are upset and bring up ZD’s transfer over MERC or any other guild is because of the timing. MERC transfer happened a week before league? ZD’s transfer happened a week after league while BG was losing to SOR. YES BG was making a comeback on their own accord, but you can’t blame people for suspecting the worse when it happened at that time. Not only that but from what I read here is BG doesn’t even need ZD’s help. ZD’s is a final nail on everyone else’s coffin. ZD’s is the reason it’s a blowout and why other servers “give up”. BG’s core is the main reason for the success in this league.

This topic belongs in a museum, old doesent even describe it anymore.
Zds is a great guild, we’re happy they choose BG and I hope they appreciate BG as much as we appreciate them. You guys rock.
Servers “give up” bc they didnt try hard enough. JQ could still get 1st this week if they wanted to. SoR give up to early, we will never know but I did expected crazy fights everyday against them. Its a pitty things turn out this way.
This is not a blow out, BG just want to win more then SoR or JQ. This week proves what Im saying, JQ got more then 5k lead, and we pushed hard to catch. They could still push back, but for some reason they give it up. Its your fault your server dont stay competitive, not BG’s and for sure not ZDs. Wake up please.

I never mentioned in my post specifically that I blame BG for wanting to win by doing whatever it takes to win over other servers.

Take this post however you want to. But I agree BG did do a better job than any other server and took the necessary steps needed to win. Your prerogative is to win. Plain and simple, no matter what it takes. I think everyone here knows that about BG by now.

If by ‘BG will do anything to win’, you mean we will come out every night fighting as hard as we can, then you are right. Do you want me to name a few guilds we lost? MERC, CA, TKG, etc. ZDs transfers to BG and covers a part of that timezone and SoR just ‘gives up’. Truth is, you just don’t like getting wiped by such an organised guild every night, so it is stackgate all of a sudden. Before the league began, BG was in 3rd, and now 1 guild was enough to break a server like SoR? JQ had all of it’s maps qued when fighting tier 2 servers, and now can’t que up more than 1 map? Says a lot about the server.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

It ended up not being a serious problem, it was more amusing to me how they had the pin on and how erratic the flying looked. I tried to convey as much sarcasm as possible.

Sarcasm often falls flat on its face on forums such as this, especially considering the subject. I appreciate your taking it lightly though. Cheers!

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

If by ‘BG will do anything to win’, you mean we will come out every night fighting as hard as we can, then you are right. Do you want me to name a few guilds we lost? MERC, CA, TKG, etc. ZDs transfers to BG and covers a part of that timezone and SoR just ‘gives up’. Truth is, you just don’t like getting wiped by such an organised guild every night, so it is stackgate all of a sudden. Before the league began, BG was in 3rd, and now 1 guild was enough to break a server like SoR? JQ had all of it’s maps qued when fighting tier 2 servers, and now can’t que up more than 1 map? Says a lot about the server.

Honestly, when I see posts like this I despair and isn’t this an exact copy of something you posted a few days back as well? Does anyone of substance on BG actually know this guy? Is it worth my time responding to this at all?

If you want to insult an entire server then fine go right ahead, whatever dude.

and,,, before anyone else takes offense, my definition of a person of substance on BG at present is anyone but this guy I reserve the right to add others to the list but of course its my list and its also easy to be removed

I fight for JQ.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Archon Trieste.3109

Archon Trieste.3109

Seriously, who didn’t know BG was going to win before this whole thing even started? I admit I got a bit worried when a few of our guilds transferred, but not that worried.

As a BG not-in-huge-wvw-guild person it’s always been the community that makes BG great to me. Whether it’s Teq or seasons or whatever, BG always has certain things going for it.

To whit:
1. Not a lot of kitten. People actually submit to the will of the commanders and do what they’re told. If they don’t or if a certain commander is a kitten we’ll all ignore him/her because politeness is important on BG.

2. Politeness. Not very many commanders flip out and yell at pugs. I know they want to, badly, but they don’t. They just sigh, adjust their tactics and move on. I’ve seen it umpteen times on EBG, I know commanders wanted to yell at me a time or two and I’ve certainly deserved it, but no yelling, just sigh and adjust tactics.

3. Coordination. If we’re lacking bloodlust, for instance, someone on the ebg channel will ask the borderland maps to please obtain it. Voila, it’s done. Map assignments, which I can’t see cuz i’m a pug, are done weekly and everyone on the BWC knows who goes where at what time/day and BGers know what the objectives are because we’re given them every week.

4. We’re rich. Maybe not everyone on BG is rich but dear god in heaven people, how many twilights are on this server? Now, ask yourself why we’re rich? The answer is the above 3 points.

So, hope I haven’t given any of our secrets away, but like in any workplace/community/country it’s the culture that’s important above anything else. When you get your culture together anything is possible.

This, again, is the view of someone who is not in a big guild or makes any decisions about anything for BG, but I feel the effects every day and it makes me love BG and put in 15 hour days in wvw. If the above things weren’t true, I’d have transferred already.

in Match-ups

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

What sucks about the meta game is that it’s been responsible for literally months worth of stale matches at almost every tier which resulted in fewer good fights for everyone involved. I could care less about what server wins anymore, I just want good fights and anything that furthers that objective.

And to all the guild leaders who’s moves resulted in weeks of stale matches and fewer good fights, kitten all of you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Great fights everyone, this is the most even match I’ve seen in a while

Except in EU time zone when pvd happens..

EU timezone wasn’t a problem when JQ took the lead… Now it seems to be the main problem :/

Sure it is. But I know it is hard to look on a world map and watch for timezones.
JQ SEA has 7-8 hours until EU comes online (doable with much dedication on a weekend. I log in on EU (central) prime time at 8pm which is 2-3am for our SEA.
JQ NA starts at 1am for me.
BG SEA has 4-5 hours until ZDs comes online, they are 3-4 hours before EU prime and BG EU has two or three times our numbers.
So yes, it’s a huge problem if you need to stay up until 2am every day and get up at 5 or 6.
There are guys on JQ that pull these numbers but they don’t have to, I’m happy when they do, but we can’t compete with BG at this numbers game. We could if our EU force would have at least equal numbers OR if SoR is keeping your EU busy, what SoS can’t do.
So the problem here is that you have better 24 hour coverage and we have SoS in the matchup.
SoS can’t hold their one bl over the day. They fight very good in the timezones they have people online, but at the rest of the day their bl means points for BG because JQ doesn’t have the forces to get there too without losing a garrison on JQ or hills on BG bl.

Yesterday was a good example for that.
BG attacked JQ bl garrison with huge numbers (ZDs+BG zerg) and BG bl hills was attacked by the map zerg (ND and other guilds)
We were able to hold hills for over an hour against golem rushes, had no supply, because we couldn’t split our 30 man force without losing hills against your 50+ (while you had at least 2 havocs going).
JQ bl kept garrison until our SEA commander had to log off (2am for him) and our commander on BG hills had to leave and took some people with them. JQ bl had no queue at this time.
We lost hills in the end with having 12 people on the new commander and 6 people on siege against your map blob.
So yes, it’s a pure numbers game and we are still lacking numbers in at least one timeslot

This is not true, JQBL garrison was not hit by ZDs, it was hours before they logged in. It was hit by me, some NA guilds and NOC.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

@Chris Assuming Blackgate wins this week and clinches the win, the best out come would be JQ 2nd SoR/TC tie for 3rd and SoS/Mag tie for 4th. At least to maximize rewards across the board.

That would require SoS to take 3rd in either week 6 or 7 while mag takes 2nd (In 1 of those matches). JQ to beat SoR next week and SoR to get 3rd in week 7.

Match manipulation would most likely be required but who knows maybe not.

There is no prize for 4th so we’re going for the gusto in week 7. If we still have the same folks in week7 as we do now, I think we might have a slim chance on putting a lot of pressure on TC.
I don’t think we are at the point where we can beat them, but even before the season we proved we could get the upper-hand if/when they blinked.
You take try-hard PPT Maguuma out of the picture (I think they just wanted to prove that they could beat us at least once) and it could be a very interesting week for the T2 grouping.

It’s kinda sad that the #1 spot is being decided this week, but that’s just how it plays out I guess.